HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby youngpace » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:26 am

running defender wrote:Yes Definitley a stuff up what league in their right mind would play a 6 week finals, simple Div 2 plays country championships weekend or what about a sat, sunday grand final same weekend. what would happen if we played on C/C Weekend, are they going to do suspend every club?
Harley Montgomery only 2pts did"nt play at all last year, they only have 13pts.
How many years they been in Div 1?, spent a lot of money for no result.
Good luck on the Easter weekend hope you back a winner or find a few eggs.
I think Easter bunny is delivering Echunga a couple of new players.

G'day running defender. Are you talking about the potential recruits who played in the trial?
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby youngpace » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:33 am

Alaska wrote:
cracka wrote:I'm pretty sure a draft draw is sent out to the clubs prior to the Feb AGM.
Again I'm pretty sure scheduling night games is the responsibility of clubs to arrange.

I think you are right cracka when we put the new lights in it was up to the club to do deals with the opposition on night games. So this year we play at night home and away v Mt Lofty. You need to do the deal and put that to the HFL to put into their draw.
I do not like the finals draw you do not want to finish top.

youngpace good to see you back, you will add depth and put pressure on the current A graders, after all you are my second favourite at Echunga behind Chops.

Who in the league has game quality lighting? Echunga, Lofty, Blackwood and?

Thanks. I have absolutely no clue as to who you are so ill keep it a touch less chummy. Chops is light years from me, I can see why I came out second. One very versatile player! If only he had his head in footy he could have played further on the the HFL. Perhaps with his cousins down chook land.
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Buster » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:59 am

Thanks guys, I started to panic a little, there must have been at least 15 posts without mentioning Echunga, good work getting back on track. BTW has there been any mention of former Echunga player Peter Hooley here and his exploits overseas, I though that was a great Echunga story.
Buster
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby cracka » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:18 pm

Buster wrote:Thanks guys, I started to panic a little, there must have been at least 15 posts without mentioning Echunga, good work getting back on track. BTW has there been any mention of former Echunga player Peter Hooley here and his exploits overseas, I though that was a great Echunga story.

How about you identify which club you're associated with & start talking about them. I'd rather read Echunga people talking about the happenings at Echunga & how they think the season will go than any anti Echunga crap because of what's happened in the past past.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Corona Man » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:37 pm

Buster wrote:Thanks guys, I started to panic a little, there must have been at least 15 posts without mentioning Echunga, good work getting back on track. BTW has there been any mention of former Echunga player Peter Hooley here and his exploits overseas, I though that was a great Echunga story.

3 posts in 8 years... 2 of them about Echunga.... thanks for the contribution knuckle head!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3459 times

Postby Buster » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:40 pm

Ouch,... that hurt. I thought I was talking about a great Echunga story, Peter Hooley (Aish isn't he?) Anyway another Echunga post!
Buster
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby cracka » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:41 pm

Corona Man wrote:

3 posts in 8 years... 2 of them about Echunga.... thanks for the contribution knuckle head!

Gold. :supz:
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Corona Man » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:45 pm

Buster wrote:Ouch,... that hurt. I thought I was talking about a great Echunga story, Peter Hooley (Aish isn't he?) Anyway another Echunga post!

The truth will do that.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3459 times

Postby Legs Man » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:31 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Buster wrote:Ouch,... that hurt. I thought I was talking about a great Echunga story, Peter Hooley (Aish isn't he?) Anyway another Echunga post!

The truth will do that.

It certainly is a great story with Hooley - who's mother was the late Sue ( nee Aish ) who recently passed away after a terrible battle with cancer.
The story was covered in the press as Peter drew inspiration from his families loss and has been playing inspirational basketball in the US.

Agree it's not a footy specific topic but due to his family being SA footy royalty and Peter being an Echunga lad I can see the relevance.

Back on topic - are the clubs disputing or questioning the finals timing and could this be changed?
And have the facilities at TV been brought up to an acceptable level for this season in line with the player spend that seems to be occurring?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:56 pm

Legs Man wrote:Back on topic - are the clubs disputing or questioning the finals timing and could this be changed?

But it's because Echunga ruined the League
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Milly » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:12 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Legs Man wrote:Back on topic - are the clubs disputing or questioning the finals timing and could this be changed?

But it's because Echunga ruined the League

Is Bissani still coaching Echunga?
Under 16s

Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:56 pm

jumbo20 wrote:Plus Watchel from Kangas another 3?

Just noticed that plus young hourigan from meadows who won the 17s goal kicking last year, that puts them to 24 points. Do the b grade have a limit on points cos they may be over that soon! Im not a fan of hills clubs stealing other hills clubs local talent, all Tv has done is take gums and kangys B and F winners from last year, some of echungas best young locals and meadows best colt from last year. Plus im sure there not going there for the beautiful surface and club environment, dont like the way the way TV have recruited this year.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:35 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
jumbo20 wrote:Plus Watchel from Kangas another 3?

Just noticed that plus young hourigan from meadows who won the 17s goal kicking last year, that puts them to 24 points. Do the b grade have a limit on points cos they may be over that soon! Im not a fan of hills clubs stealing other hills clubs local talent, all Tv has done is take gums and kangys B and F winners from last year, some of echungas best young locals and meadows best colt from last year. Plus im sure there not going there for the beautiful surface and club environment, dont like the way the way TV have recruited this year.

If he was a junior last year that would make him 0 points
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Yellow & Black » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:52 pm

Who is coaching Echunga Legs/LGIL/RD? Next week should be a beauty. Sounds like you guys will shape up very well. The Tigers are are worried about coming home with 0 club shield points.
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Spiderman » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:44 pm

Yellow and black, your not showing much support in your club mate. Can't imagine lobey going home with 0 points.
Spiderman
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Yellow & Black » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:24 am

I'm happy with where the mighty Tigers are at. Just sounds like Echunga is becoming some sort of Super Club. Free subs for juniors, bottomless pit of cash, they can click their fingers and get what they want, they've got the best facilities in the hills etc etc. Will be hard to beat!!

The EFC coaching situation in the other hand seems very sensitive? This is the Echunga Appreciation Forum isn't it, surely someone can clarify....
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Legs Man » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:40 pm

Bassani coaching and the side is fairly similar to last season with a couple of return players added.
Certainly in no way are we spending ridiculous amounts of money as suggested - likely around the standard for Div 1 - and certainly not a bulls roar within TV.
If your talking about bottomless pits then they are the Grand Canyon of the HFL.
As asked in a prior post - have they spent any money on their facilities whatsoever?
Any foresight into Mt Barker and how they are tracking?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby wazzal77 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:09 pm

Would be keen to know how Echunga went with the free subs and whether that has resulted in an increase in Jnr participation.. With the governments $50 rebate off subs for kids up to year 7 it appears they've just thrown away $50 per kid, not what you would call smart fiscal policy. As a parent free subs meant zero in choosing a club. More to do with kids playing with mates and having a quality culture. Heard a comment on tv today that there is more participation in Jnr soccer vs auskick. Aussie rules under fire, what can be done to bring kids back?
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Legs Man » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:34 am

wazzal77 wrote:Would be keen to know how Echunga went with the free subs and whether that has resulted in an increase in Jnr participation.. With the governments $50 rebate off subs for kids up to year 7 it appears they've just thrown away $50 per kid, not what you would call smart fiscal policy. As a parent free subs meant zero in choosing a club. More to do with kids playing with mates and having a quality culture. Heard a comment on tv today that there is more participation in Jnr soccer vs auskick. Aussie rules under fire, what can be done to bring kids back?

Hey Wazza
The subs certainly helped to a degree and was also another means of attracting Juniors being one of the towns that has less numbers to draw on.
We are trying every avenue possible which undoubtedly other clubs in the same situation are also doing.
Heavy weighting on how your juniors perform when it comes to club points accrued means you have no choice as this is how the system is constructed.
Clubs blessed with large numbers due to location gain a distinct advantage in this which also means the smaller clubs have to invest heavily in their senior sides also to ensure they aren't demoted to Div 2 at season's end.
Looks like this mechanism is also ensuring TV spend even more heavily to gain extra senior points against junior points they can accrue.

Oh - and as you were looking at where your lad would play - being new to HFL - could you inform the forum members on here which club you chose.
It would be great to know who you have aligned to and the factors that contributed to the club you picked.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:14 pm

Well should be a cracking week to open up the season this saturday, here are my tips:
Echunga V lobethal- Match of the round will be a great battle between two quick and skillful sides. Im going to go with lobethal just but it wouldnt suprise me if echunga get up and a lot may depend on if carey is down at the crows or not. The jenkin brothers, nitchske, baust and wills versus lindsay, edwards, jennings and guy is the key battle as whoever dominates the midfield battle will win and cranna against luccon in the ruck should be a cracking battle. Should be a high scoring affair as both teams play attacking footy and have a ton of talent up forward but lobethal always start of the year superbly and i reckon will continue that in a game that will sum up how good country footy is. Lobethal by 5 points.
Onka Valley V Ironbank- Big game as both need to start well after disappointing last year. Onkas will be a lot better this year assuming they dont have the injuries they did to start last year and Ironbank have added some class players to their list. Added to that is Mcgahey against his old club which will add to the banter but i think the addition of hitchcock and devisser will be decisive in Ironbank picking up the win. Onka's have only added Grocke that i am aware of and he wont be their till later in the year so they are going to rely heavily leonard to kick some goals. The game they played in round 17 last year was a ripper and hopefully we get a similar game to that, Motlop will also be a key shut him down and onkas are a big chance. Ironbank by 2 goals.
Hahndorf V Torrens Valley- If torrens want to be a good side these are the games they must win, they have lost a few but picked up some handy players to make up for that, whilst hahndorf have picked up some guns but lost Daniel roberts whilst handby wont be playing most weeks due to coaching commitments. O'sullivan will dominate this game and lead torrens to a victory but i am interested to see how Boras and the ellis Brothers work together up forward as they all want the footy but if that comes of there going to be hard to stop as there is some serious talent there and the hahndorf defence will have it's work cut out for them. Torrens by 6 goals.
Lofty V Blackwood- I think lofty will give blackwood a big push but in the end the class of the woodies will be telling. Hopefully miles has recovered from his ankle injury as if they lose him there buggered but assuming hes playing they need him, nielsen, burch and new recruit childs to dominate for them to be a chance plus the young guns in clements, van paridon, etc to step up. However, Blackwood with Bricknell and thompson will be to hard to stop as lofty dont have a ruckman to go with thompson who will have a field day hitting it to bricknell and edwards which is the reason why blackwood will win but lofty will make it hard as they always do. Blackwood by 3 goals.
Barker V Uraidla- Never rule out uraidla but I've got a feeling about Mt barker this year, they were buggered by injury last year but i think we all forget how good they were the previous 3 years where they were the best team by miles just not on grand final day twice. They have added hill, wakefield and obushak returns after a Knee reco plus block and hughes are fit, whilst Uri's have lost dan ebert, vidic, Kluvanek to sturt and maybe one or two more retired. Uri never peak early whilst mt barker will be fit and raring to go for round 1 after a bad year last year and I can see them winning this quite easily as I just think there to quick and fit for Uri's earlier in the year. Mt Barker by 5 goals.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy