HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:58 am

Legs Man wrote:
Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
Tanka wrote:So I have just heard that TV has gone behind the HFL and straight to the CFL to ask for extra points and have been granted 2 extra points when Tom Wachtel plays!! If true this is rubbish! Any chance you can take on the CFL Legs Man??

Next TV will go to the CFL to get permission to play 6 overage kids on a permit each week. This worked for them last year as well.

Well - what can I say that I haven't said already.
It was hard enough just being able to defend our title in Div 1 apart from tackling this one - which I must admit bemuses me as the HFL stated that once points were allocated no changes would occur.
Seems to me though that the CFL are actually running the HFL so we might as well dissolve the current HFL board and allow the CFL to make all the decisions for our league for all aspects. (tongue in cheek)

So its OK for Echunga to take their battle to the supreme court, but as soon as TV go to the CFL all hell breaks loose?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:46 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Legs Man wrote:
Tanka wrote:So I have just heard that TV has gone behind the HFL and straight to the CFL to ask for extra points and have been granted 2 extra points when Tom Wachtel plays!! If true this is rubbish! Any chance you can take on the CFL Legs Man??

Next TV will go to the CFL to get permission to play 6 overage kids on a permit each week. This worked for them last year as well.

It was hard enough just being able to defend our title in Div 1 apart from tackling this one - which I must admit bemuses me as the HFL stated that once points were allocated no changes would occur.
Seems to me though that the CFL are actually running the HFL so we might as well dissolve the current HFL board and allow the CFL to make all the decisions for our league for all aspects. (tongue in cheek)

So its OK for Echunga to take their battle to the supreme court, but as soon as TV go to the CFL all hell breaks loose?

Echunga were seeking correct adjudication of a rule, TV are seen to be seeking an unfair advantage
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Echunga were seeking correct adjudication of a rule, TV are seen to be seeking an unfair advantage

Bullish!t. Echunga were seeking changing an interpretation of a rule on a technicality. They & everyone else knew how it had been interpreted for years regardless of if it was poorly written. Ironically Echunga were the only club to speak out AGAINST having finals counted towards APPS points but we're the only ones who wanted them counted towards the relegation table.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Legs Man » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:40 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:Outstanding race card at Randwick tomorrow Legsman, trusting the big screen will be fired up streaming all the action...

Now that would be a great addition to the Echunga facility.
We have a good contingent of racing enthusiasts including owners.
It's on 7two so it will be on in the clubrooms.
I like Savaria in the Oaks, Catkins in the Queen OTT, Protectionist in the Cup and Criterion in the Queen Liz.

Had a large verandah installed last week in front of the clubrooms which will ensure the crowd stays dry during the winter months.

Looking forward to a great match tomorrow - should be a ripper!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Yellow & Black » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:54 pm

I hope you're wrong legs, I invested in a little 4 leg multi: Race 4 - Lake Geneva, QOTT - Noble Protector, Sydney Cup - Hartnell (got on early) and Lobey Tigers to win the A Grade. If these all greet the judge I may expose my identity by shouting the bar. The Queen Liz field has quality written all over it, 4-5 live chances, think I'll kick back and watch it unfold whilst counting my $$'s from the multi.
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Armytank » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:01 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

I have heard a rumour that Torrens Valley have already forfeited their Under 13's side for round 1
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby running defender » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 pm

If thats true it will be interesting to see what the HFL does about that, after they threatened us with fines, loss of points and relegation. We won't have to worry about that this year our aggressive recruiting and marketing has paid off . Kids that were going to sit out games are going to get a full game now. Can any one tell me if sporting pulse is up and running or is it crashed out, there's a few players bottom s twitching cause they haven't registered yet.
running defender
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Armytank » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:34 pm

cracka wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Bullish!t. Echunga were seeking changing an interpretation of a rule on a technicality. They & everyone else knew how it had been interpreted for years regardless of if it was poorly written. Ironically Echunga were the only club to speak out AGAINST having finals counted towards APPS points but we're the only ones who wanted them counted towards the relegation table.

I will have to call you out on that. Echunga wanted the rule to be interperated as it was written.

I don't believe Echunga were right in the manner that the conducted themselves, but they have always been right in the way the by-law was written. It should never have gone to court and who ever thought that the HFL would win obviously doesn't understand contract law.

This kind of crap has been going on in motorsport for decades. It is completely ignorant to think that the "vibe" of a rule or "everyones understanding" is king.
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby Legs Man » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:I hope you're wrong legs, I invested in a little 4 leg multi: Race 4 - Lake Geneva, QOTT - Noble Protector, Sydney Cup - Hartnell (got on early) and Lobey Tigers to win the A Grade. If these all greet the judge I may expose my identity by shouting the bar. The Queen Liz field has quality written all over it, 4-5 live chances, think I'll kick back and watch it unfold whilst counting my $$'s from the multi.

Y&B - I wouldn't follow my tips too closely!

I would be interested to see Running Defenders tipping skills for this Saturdays races though - and see if he can pick a winner too.

Hartnell must have been good odds as it's a bit short for me now.

Good luck tomorrow it's a cracker day for sport.

Hopefully the animosity and dramas with the footy settle down once we get rolling and the players can get on with the job at hand.
Not a good start for the season though with another junior side tipping over - which is the area the HFL must concentrate on most.
Still reckon all clubs should have the same apps points to make it an even chance especially with relegation involved.
Natural attrition will take its course and the clubs willing to move forward in a strategically smart manner will do the best.
It effectively means that the more you put into your club the more you will gain.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:11 pm

Armytank wrote:
cracka wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I will have to call you out on that. Echunga wanted the rule to be interperated as it was written.

I don't believe Echunga were right in the manner that the conducted themselves, but they have always been right in the way the by-law was written. It should never have gone to court and who ever thought that the HFL would win obviously doesn't understand contract law.

This kind of crap has been going on in motorsport for decades. It is completely ignorant to think that the "vibe" of a rule or "everyones understanding" is king.

Splitting hairs really. I'm not saying they were wrong in the way the by laws were written. I never would have thought that the by laws come under contractual law. I guess I'm one of the ignorant ones then, along with the majority of punters on this issue.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Windbag » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:46 pm

I don't know one end of a horse from the other, however Echunga will(should) win tomorrow and with the growth in their colts grades also go close in the morning games, however I am expecting a blowout in the A2's, the Loby A2 team looks a better side than some the A grade teams we have put out in the past.
Windbag
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Lobethal

Postby running defender » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:36 am

Don't like anything in Sydney but in Adelaide horse called silversands and Time walker in the guineas.
Also Norwood and the crows. Also I'm not getting to carried away but i Think tomorrow will be a good hit out for us lobey all ways start the season with a bang, Echunga have had a slow build up with improvement to come.
running defender
Rookie

Postby Legs Man » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:04 am

running defender wrote:Don't like anything in Sydney but in Adelaide horse called silversands and Time walker in the guineas.
Also Norwood and the crows. Also I'm not getting to carried away but i Think tomorrow will be a good hit out for us lobey all ways start the season with a bang, Echunga have had a slow build up with improvement to come.

Reckon your only tipping time walker cause you are in love with the Texan!!!
If it gets up you can shout the bar after your gorilla straight out.

Echunga always starts slow as shown last year and Lobey hit the ground running so it makes for a great match.
Carey looks cherry ripe after a good pre season - and watching him play is worth the admission price alone.
Lobey would be smarting after the finals loss last year and I expect they will be looking to respond.
Mt Barker should be the same against Uraidla and will be very strong around the ball which makes for a fantastic game too.

Great to have the season kicking off - should be entertaining again.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby the wonder elephant » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Ironbank by 6 goals over onkas .. any other results ?
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby tedbullpit » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:50 pm

the wonder elephant wrote:Ironbank by 6 goals over onkas .. any other results ?

Uraidla over Mt.Barker by 6 goals
tedbullpit
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby running defender » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:00 pm

Echunga 14pts over lobey. Dee's at half time 7 goals up ran out of legs. Good win despite both Edmonds boys of before half time
running defender
Rookie

Postby running defender » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Sorry only 7pts
running defender
Rookie

Postby Windbag » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:32 pm

The Echunga/Lobethal game was two matches in one, Lobethal hopeless in the first half, Echunga playing like the reigning Premier. Second half, Echunga tiring, cramping, sustaining injuries, Lobethal coming hard but just not finishing off, I'd almost take a 7 point loss after the dismal first half. Only problem for Echunga this year will be keeping injury free, the back up side in the A2's and in fact the 17's, 15's, 13's were all well beaten.
Windbag
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Lobethal

Postby saintal » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:55 pm

tedbullpit wrote:
the wonder elephant wrote:Ironbank by 6 goals over onkas .. any other results ?

Uraidla over Mt.Barker by 6 goals

Just 13 goals kicked on a perfect day like today :shock:
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby batmanbegins » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:17 pm

Well I got 3 out of 5 with my tips, Never write of Uraidla there a high quality side bit surprising that it was so low scoring though. Hats of to echunga good win and there definitely the team to beat!
Good game at Onkaparinga, Onkas looked the good's at 3 quarter time but an 8 goal to 0 final term gave the bankers the win in a high scoring game.
Also was great to see numerous kids on both teams make their debut stepping up from 17s last year and play well. Both teams had some key players out but there was good signs for both teams, the added class of Motlop and De visser were the difference
On another note was good to see TV have a win in the A's with their 6 locals, whilst their Juniors either forfeited, lost by 25 goals and lost by 38 goals plus with no under 9s or 11s. They will be fine when the money runs out.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy