HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Country Division

Postby oldbomber » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm

Wow so obviously birdwood couldnt match the coin on offer at nairne and now ladhams is going to play against his brother. Shouldnt surprise too many though hes probably had 7-8 different clubs in only last 5 seasons of football...must be bloody handy infront of goals still to get away with that sort of behaviour
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby RAMS » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:42 pm

oldbomber wrote:Wow so obviously birdwood couldnt match the coin on offer at nairne and now ladhams is going to play against his brother. Shouldnt surprise too many though hes probably had 7-8 different clubs in only last 5 seasons of football...must be bloody handy infront of goals still to get away with that sort of behaviour

Chris Ladhams has been outstanding at Nairne so far and has already passed on much of his experience to our young list, and has even joined our fundraising team to help raise money for our junior program. He walk into our Club due to working for one of our Major Sponsors and living in the area, don't think he was shopping himself around like you are claiming.
RAMS

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:44 pm

Big Adam Morris clearance pending to Nairne from Meningie.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby RAMS » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:55 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:Big Adam Morris clearance pending to Nairne from Meningie.

Yep, he lives in Nairne and his family is involved at modified level. A great bloke who will fit in nicely.
RAMS

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Toto » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:12 pm

@Rams I've heard you guys have only "actively recruited" two players in a chf and a ff. and the rest are walk ins?
What happened with Hancock? I see he didn't at for the Bays last weekend.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby oldbomber » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:01 pm

Chris Ladhams has been outstanding at Nairne so far and has already passed on much of his experience to our young list, and has even joined our fundraising team to help raise money for our junior program. He walk into our Club due to working for one of our Major Sponsors and living in the area, don't think he was shopping himself around like you are claiming.

Fair enough, and glad to hear hes having a positive impact at his new club. He definately shops himself around year after year and 7 different clubs in last 5 years more or less proves that. Would have thought he would want to play alongside and not against his brother thats all but if the link is work related I guess he might feel obliged to play there.
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:45 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
cracka wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:IMHO clubs should be de-regestered for on field and off field indiscretions only. De-regeresting a club for only fielding one side I don't agree with. I thought what the HFL attempted to do with Sedan-Cambrai was deplorable. I think the same with this situation. On the other hand, Wingfield obviously have a reputation. However, if that is the underlying reason for the deregeretration you should be open and honest about it to deter others in the future.

HFL weren't trying to de-register Sedan, they were trying to move them to a different & more suitable division so as to not F*** around the program for 8 other clubs. Big difference.

Don't agree cracka. HFL action would have impacted S/C's b-grade side the same as wingfield

Thought I'd better move this to here from the SAAFL thread.
So you don't agree with the fact that HFL weren't de-registering Sedan. Sedan hadn't been able to fill a B grade side for a while.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby On The Pine » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:40 pm

Sedan have never forfeited B grade. Juniors on the other hand are the problem.
On The Pine
Rookie

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:30 pm

cracka wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:
cracka wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:IMHO clubs should be de-regestered for on field and off field indiscretions only. De-regeresting a club for only fielding one side I don't agree with. I thought what the HFL attempted to do with Sedan-Cambrai was deplorable. I think the same with this situation. On the other hand, Wingfield obviously have a reputation. However, if that is the underlying reason for the deregeretration you should be open and honest about it to deter others in the future.

HFL weren't trying to de-register Sedan, they were trying to move them to a different & more suitable division so as to not F*** around the program for 8 other clubs. Big difference.

Don't agree cracka. HFL action would have impacted S/C's b-grade side the same as wingfield

So you don't agree with the fact that HFL weren't de-registering Sedan. Sedan hadn't been able to fill a B grade side for a while.

I think you have confused yourself with double negatives there cracka. Suggest you re-read or re-write the posts....
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby cracka » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:45 pm

On The Pine wrote:Sedan have never forfeited B grade. Juniors on the other hand are the problem.

But have needed players to play 2 games every week, therefore not enough players for 2 FULL sides.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:00 pm

cracka wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:
cracka wrote:

Esteban Vihaio wrote:I think you have confused yourself with double negatives there cracka. Suggest you re-read or re-write the posts....

Nah, Only confused with what part you don't agree with.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:11 pm

cracka wrote:Nah, Only confused with what part you don't agree with.

Simplist language. Let clubs field the sides they can fill. Only deregister for incidents, i.e serious on field violence or not paying registration fees. Not sure where you got confused?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Postby cracka » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:26 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:

Simplist language. Let clubs field the sides they can fill. Only deregister for incidents, i.e serious on field violence or not paying registration fees. Not sure where you got confused?

I think you're confused with what you posted. Read it again. I said HFL WEREN'T trying to deregister Sedan (which they weren't) & you posted "don't agree Cracka". Are you saying they WERE trying to deregister Sedan.
Now you're saying let clubs field the sides they can fill. Well Sedan haven't been able to FILL A & B grades for a couple of years which means they should have been put in div 3. You've actually backed up what people were posting on here as to why that should have happened.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:38 pm

cracka wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:

I think you're confused with what you posted. Read it again. I said HFL WEREN'T trying to deregister Sedan (which they weren't) & you posted "don't agree Cracka". Are you saying they WERE trying to deregister Sedan.
Now you're saying let clubs field the sides they can fill. Well Sedan haven't been able to FILL A & B grades for a couple of years which means they should have been put in div 3. You've actually backed up what people were posting on here as to why that should have happened.

I didn't agree with your post and your opinion. Still don't. Nothing has changed. Can't see us ever being on the same page with this one. Don't agree with your most recent post either. A team runs out on the park it doen't matter to me if any players played in and earlier game. Many players, myself included, backed up with senior game after playing juniors. I'd be surprised if that aspect of the game ever disappears.

your whole thread seems a bit pointless? I think this ground has been covered?
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Postby cracka » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
cracka wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:

I didn't agree with your post and your opinion. Still don't. Nothing has changed. Can't see us ever being on the same page with this one. Don't agree with your most recent post either. A team runs out on the park it doen't matter to me if any players played in and earlier game. Many players, myself included, backed up with senior game after playing juniors. I'd be surprised if that aspect of the game ever disappears.

your whole thread seems a bit pointless? I think this ground has been covered?

Whats the cut off point then. Could a club nominate an A & B grade with only 30 players & make 10 of them play 2 games.

And this thread, you brought it back up in the SAAFL forum, not me.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:50 pm

It was to support wing field who could have fielded one side. They were only allowed registration if they filled two sides. I see parallels. You moved it here looking for an argument.

Forfeiting is the line IMHO.. what is the line between once in a blue moon forfeit and consistent forfeiting is grey.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Postby cracka » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:56 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:It was to support wing field who could have fielded one side. They were only allowed registration if they filled two sides. I see parallels. You moved it here looking for an argument.

Forfeiting is the line IMHO.. what is the line between once in a blue moon forfeit and consistent forfeiting is grey.

Now I know you're confused. I moved it here so the SAAFL div 7 people didn't have to read this as I thought (correctly obviously) that we would BOTH continue to talk about it.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:01 pm

cracka wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:It was to support wing field who could have fielded one side. They were only allowed registration if they filled two sides. I see parallels. You moved it here looking for an argument.

Now I know you're confused. I moved it here so the SAAFL div 7 people didn't have to read this as I thought (correctly obviously) that we would BOTH continue to talk about it.

We're never going to agree on this issue. I'm not going to engage you on this anymore. If you take that as you winning the discussion, more power to you. Seems a pointless conversation trying to convert each other to their point of view. Have a good night, hope your team won today.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Postby cracka » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
cracka wrote:

We're never going to agree on this issue. I'm not going to engage you on this anymore. If you take that as you winning the discussion, more power to you. Seems a pointless conversation trying to convert each other to their point of view. Have a good night, hope your team won today.

I PM'd you, must have been as you were typing.
Unfortunately couldn't stay for the A's (son had downhill practice) but we went down to Ironbank by 6 I believe, not sure of B's yet, TM's haven't put scores up yet.
cracka
Veteran

Postby On The Pine » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:18 pm

cracka wrote:
On The Pine wrote:Sedan have never forfeited B grade. Juniors on the other hand are the problem.

But have needed players to play 2 games every week, therefore not enough players for 2 FULL sides.

True, but not every week. Find me a club that doesn't ever have to do this.
On The Pine
Rookie

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 8 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy