HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Country Division

Postby cracka » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:38 pm

On The Pine wrote:
cracka wrote:
On The Pine wrote:Sedan have never forfeited B grade. Juniors on the other hand are the problem.

But have needed players to play 2 games every week, therefore not enough players for 2 FULL sides.

True, but not every week. Find me a club that doesn't ever have to do this.

Sorry, have agreed with EV not to go on with this.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby doubletrouble » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:02 pm

M-train wrote:Where's the round one tips and a bit of banter?????

Meadows by 6 goals, first game of the year at the kennel, the dogs will be too good.

Raiders by 10 goals, who knows where gum are at this year, raiders will be keen to set the bar

Nairne by 6 goals, only going on nairnes pre season form, is there gun full forward cleared yet? Birdwood recruited well?

Kersbrook by 6 goals, won't be the walk over they will be expecting, but they are to experienced for a young kangy.

Go doggies

What happened to your much loved doggies yesterday M train
doubletrouble
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Kick'n Back » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:21 pm

Kangarilla struggling for numbers apparently used quite a few Bridgewater left overs to fill up there b grade
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby Toto » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Birdwood had 3 points players playing B grade because of being over there points!
Nairne should have won by 15+ goal still. But birdwood have improved
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby doubletrouble » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:54 pm

All in all round 1 looks like it had some real close games. The country div comp is going to be electric this season I reckon.
doubletrouble
Rookie

Postby oldbomber » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:26 pm

doubletrouble wrote:All in all round 1 looks like it had some real close games. The country div comp is going to be electric this season I reckon.

Think you might be right! and judging by the scores of rd 1 sedan cambrai could be set to be on the end of some 200+pt drubbings-hope im wrong but they could be in for a year like the callington of not so long ago
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby choppy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:00 pm

From what M train was saying thought the dogs would of taken it up to Maccy. Think the might be disappointed with that. Looks like Gums have dropped off as well??
choppy
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby jumbo20 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Maybe Meadows not that good at footy at this time of year
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby samantic » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:21 pm

choppy wrote:From what M train was saying thought the dogs would of taken it up to Maccy. Think the might be disappointed with that. Looks like Gums have dropped off as well??

Or are Bridgewater actually a decent team that did to Gum what Lofty did to so many last season?

Guess we will know more after next Saturday.
samantic
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby doubletrouble » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:03 pm

jumbo20 wrote:Maybe Meadows not that good at footy at this time of year

Meadows not good at footy anytime of year.
doubletrouble
Rookie

Postby M-train » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:45 pm

Don't write off the doggies just yet, it's round 1, and we have a good draw. B grade had a good win, and the 17s got up. Things are good at the kennel. Lads didn't take the loss to maccy well at all, look out birdwood!!
M-train
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby Toto » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:13 am

Gum have lost Hanna, Levy and the two Pryor brothers. As well as the skipper Page to a knee injury. That's their 4 best players fine right there.
Don't get caught up in the dogs losing, Maccy are a good side. What's with people forgetting that? They knocked Nairne off at Nairne last year!
One bird wood player kicked 7 that I've never heard of?!?
Ladhams just a casual 8 for Nairne as well, and Hancock is back from Glenelg, a long with this Peake that I've heard so much about to come back and "Liddle" kicked 5 obviously another new face. Sounds like a potent forward line.
Interesting to see who bobs up this week at cambrai oval.
Tips for the week
Nairne.
Birdwood.
Kersbrook.
Bridgewater.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby Jim05 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:35 am

Toto wrote:Gum have lost Hanna, Levy and the two Pryor brothers. As well as the skipper Page to a knee injury. That's their 4 best players fine right there.
Don't get caught up in the dogs losing, Maccy are a good side. What's with people forgetting that? They knocked Nairne off at Nairne last year!
Ladhams just a casual 8 for Nairne as well, and Hancock is back from Glenelg, a long with this Peake that I've heard so much about to come back and "Liddle" kicked 5 obviously another new face. Sounds like a potent forward line.
Tips for the week
Nairne.
Birdwood.
Kersbrook.
Bridgewater.

Guessing it was Connelly that kicked 7 for Birdwood?
Am keen to see how the two South Gawler lads go up there this year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Toto » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:54 am

Jim05 wrote:
Toto wrote:Gum have lost Hanna, Levy and the two Pryor brothers. As well as the skipper Page to a knee injury. That's their 4 best players fine right there.
Tips for the week
Nairne.
Birdwood.
Kersbrook.
Bridgewater.

Yeah that's the one. Not bad considering they got flogged! Must go alright.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby cossi11 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:18 am

Toto wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Tips for the week
Nairne.
Birdwood.
Kersbrook.
Bridgewater.

The score line suggests it was a flogging but to be honest i felt it was not a true reflection of the game (would love to hear others thoughts from anyone who saw the game). Take nothing away from Nairne though, they were definitely the better side and were very well drilled and just more composed/clinical with the footy and very efficient with their foot and hand skills.

Birdwood are still a very young side that is gaining experience with every game. There were a couple of lapses during the game where Nairne kicked 5-6 goals each time and that is how the score line is reflected. I think if you ask any Nairne player I am sure there were moments in the 3rd where they were a little concerned, but to their credit they responded well, just as you would expect a reigning grand finalist team too.

I think Birdwood will be more competitive this year, they are only going to get better with the more games they get into the younger lads and when the new guys begin to gel together and play a few more games with each other.

@Jim05 F.M BOG and C.C 2nd best suggests they will go alright. They both add separate qualities that help the structure of the side and to top it off they are great lads who seem to be really enjoying themselves out there!!
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Toto » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:11 am

cossi11 wrote:
Toto wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Tips for the week
Nairne.
Birdwood.
Kersbrook.
Bridgewater.

The score line suggests it was a flogging but to be honest i felt it was not a true reflection of the game (would love to hear others thoughts from anyone who saw the game). Take nothing away from Nairne though, they were definitely the better side and were very well drilled and just more composed/clinical with the footy and very efficient with their foot and hand skills.

Birdwood are still a very young side that is gaining experience with every game. There were a couple of lapses during the game where Nairne kicked 5-6 goals each time and that is how the score line is reflected. I think if you ask any Nairne player I am sure there were moments in the 3rd where they were a little concerned, but to their credit they responded well, just as you would expect a reigning grand finalist team too.

I think Birdwood will be more competitive this year, they are only going to get better with the more games they get into the younger lads and when the new guys begin to gel together and play a few more games with each other.

@Jim05 F.M BOG and C.C 2nd best suggests they will go alright. They both add separate qualities that help the structure of the side and to top it off they are great lads who seem to be really enjoying themselves out there!!

I did see the game! Birdwood are no doubt a very improved side! Tony Fielke noted that at presentations. He had this to say about his boys "we played like a side still learning how to play our game style, it came off in patches, but we also had very dull periods of the game. Which is a pretty scary thought if we can still win comprehensively, I believe birdwood will play finals this year."
Birdwood seem to not have much of a structure, if they can figure out a solid game plan and stick to
It they will push quite a few sides.

On the flip side. Nairne were quite well drilled as you said, and I was actually most impressed with their reserves side who set up an 18 man press I think! After quarter time when they were blasted out of the blocks by birdwood they completely shut them down! Fielke must have the senior squad very well drilled in to what he wants them to play. Which is why he was so successful at Imperials.

M-Train, your dogs not good enough again? Sounds
Harsh but finals could be a stretch now unless knock one of the "top 3" off. As I think
Maccy and birdwood will claim 4th and 5th.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby M-train » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:35 am

Yeah went down again toto, the boys didn't start well again. Missing a few, b Yeomans, m Guidolin, d mcavoy, Watson did his ankle, and a few just aren't performing, but that's no excuse. This weekend against nairne will give the boys an idea of what it will take to play finals. It's nice having close competitive games, but the gap between 4th and first in div 2 is huge. Sometimes it seems like your just chasing your tail to play finals, ie you recruit well over summer, but so has everyone else, and it just goes around and around. At least the club fields all sides except u/13s week in week out, a grade success would be a good reward for all the hard work that gets put in.
M-train
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby Toto » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:42 pm

M-train wrote:Yeah went down again toto, the boys didn't start well again. Missing a few, b Yeomans, m Guidolin, d mcavoy, Watson did his ankle, and a few just aren't performing, but that's no excuse. This weekend against nairne will give the boys an idea of what it will take to play finals. It's nice having close competitive games, but the gap between 4th and first in div 2 is huge. Sometimes it seems like your just chasing your tail to play finals, ie you recruit well over summer, but so has everyone else, and it just goes around and around. At least the club fields all sides except u/13s week in week out, a grade success would be a good reward for all the hard work that gets put in.

Why were those blokes missing?
Very well said. And until you're one of those "power" clubs that get blokes just rocking up wanting to play there then you'll be chasing tail for a while! Can always count on the ANZAC clash to be a ripper no matter ladder position, you blokes seem to have it over the rams at home, so that should help!
Toto
Under 16s

Postby cossi11 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:15 pm

Toto wrote:
cossi11 wrote:
Toto wrote:Yeah that's the one. Not bad considering they got flogged! Must go alright.

I did see the game! Birdwood are no doubt a very improved side! Tony Fielke noted that at presentations. He had this to say about his boys "we played like a side still learning how to play our game style, it came off in patches, but we also had very dull periods of the game. Which is a pretty scary thought if we can still win comprehensively, I believe birdwood will play finals this year."
Birdwood seem to not have much of a structure, if they can figure out a solid game plan and stick to
It they will push quite a few sides.

On the flip side. Nairne were quite well drilled as you said, and I was actually most impressed with their reserves side who set up an 18 man press I think! After quarter time when they were blasted out of the blocks by birdwood they completely shut them down! Fielke must have the senior squad very well drilled in to what he wants them to play. Which is why he was so successful at Imperials.

M-Train, your dogs not good enough again? Sounds
Harsh but finals could be a stretch now unless knock one of the "top 3" off. As I think
Maccy and birdwood will claim 4th and 5th.

Well I think all sides will have room for improvement, especially after only 2 rounds of the season.. I was happy with the way Birdwood rallied throughout the game as it was something they were missing last season. When Birdwood fell 5-6 goals down heads would drop and the game would be out of reach, was impressive to see some fight from the boys, especially against a top 3 rated side, just need to have that hunger for 4 quarters and not in patches.

There actually is a structure and game plan out at Birdwood but to Nairne’s credit, the 18 man press made it very difficult to execute.. As stated in my previous post, it is a very young team and with the new faces in the side, it will take a bit of time to perfect it.

I was impressed how both the Nairne A and B grade were able to implement the 18 man press with good effect, it clearly went along way to helping the B grade win their game as I am not sure Birdwood kicked a goal after quarter time? They might of got one?

Against Meadows I thought Birdwood started well while it was a little dry and got out to a 3-4 goal lead which went a long way to helping them win the game when the rain started to come down heavy. It was a scrappy second half (as I am sure most other games were too) but was good to see the Birdwood boys hold on and get the 2 points.

There is a good feeling out at Birdwood this season and now the attention turns to Kersbrook on their deck for Anzac Day, should be cracking day for all grades!!
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby vics01 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:02 am

Interesting to see Matt Spencely. Played Friday night for the crows was in best then front up again for Kangy on Saturday. Big effort given crows was a night game. Wonder how long he will be able to keep up a couple of games a weekend
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy