River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby biffboy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:08 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
used to be wrote:I am glad they are known as the Bears as they have stuff all to do with Meningie, absolute joke , not much fun winning a gf, struggling for money , no locals , no future, this is going to be a memorable couple of seasons for the bears. Shame on the president of the league and life member of Meningie , (sorry bears)!!!!!! to allow such an exploitation of points and the system. The coach must also enjoy doing nothing , embarrassing for all involved.

Your a dead set flog used to be! Your one of these people that all you do is criticise, you probably bring your own esky into the footy, sit by yourself and yell at your own players when things don't go right and give all the advise in the world to clubs(including your own) behind your alias. Yet I bet you have never actually been a committee member or anything similar.
biffboy
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby biffboy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:14 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
used to be wrote:I am glad they are known as the Bears as they have stuff all to do with Meningie, absolute joke , not much fun winning a gf, struggling for money , no locals , no future, this is going to be a memorable couple of seasons for the bears. Shame on the president of the league and life member of Meningie , (sorry bears)!!!!!! to allow such an exploitation of points and the system. The coach must also enjoy doing nothing , embarrassing for all involved.

Your a dead set flog used to be! Your one of these people that all you do is criticise, you probably bring your own esky into the footy, sit by yourself and yell at your own players when things don't go right and give all the advise in the world to clubs(including your own) behind your alias. Yet I bet you have never actually been a committee member or anything similar.

Jeepers UTB, fire up old son! Grassy I couldn't agree more with what you had to say on this one. UTB the Bears need to recruit to stay competitive & if every now and then they spend a little bit more to actually win a flag, well good for them. A lot of Imps 'locals' over the past few years are nothing more than recruits they have managed to maintain for longer, one of the perks of only being 40 min up the freeway. Davey, Harrowfield, Honor, Waite, Seyers the list goes on are all imports. Pull ya head out and have another light beer ya sook
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby oldbomber » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:25 pm

If meningie dont get a few extra points plus a few other concessions from the league here and there due to their location and low population how on earth do you expect them to be competitive with the bridge teams (or dont you like a contest UTB?) who get first choice of all upcoming juniors, have access to more players by simply having 5+times the population base of meningie plus the advantage of being closer to adelaide for potential recruits?

an even competition is what everyone wants, fact is its going to take quite some time to get to with points systems, salary cap implementation etc on the agenda. have heard its only their 3rd flag since they have been in rmfl so its not as though they are a protected species by any means and looks like they have been down for quite a while previously so as a club they obviously had to work their backsides off to get the top, maybe everyone else is better off working harder to catch up to them rather than cry about it on here...
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby Monopoly Man » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:44 pm

Let's talk footy. I like to do lists. My top 10 players for 2015 (new players excluded).

1. Jake Liston
2. Jake Bowen
3. Michael O'Malley
4. Liam O'Neil
5. Luke Harrowfield (not new)
6. Brian Fenton
7. Will Abbott
8. Corey Jones
9. Matthew Brunoli
10. Owie Love

New players likely to dominate include Jed Wilson, Todd McKay, Jarrod Kellock, Brad Eagle, Paul Adlington probably a couple I'm missing .

My predictions

1. Meningie
2. Mypo
3. Mannum
4. Ramblers
5. Imps
6. Jervois
7. Tailem

Jake Liston for the Mail Medal.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:17 am

Time for some tips for round 1.

Imps v Jervois
Jervois by 18 points

Meningie v Ramblers
Meningie by 14 points

Mannum v Mypo
Mypo by 32 points
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby oldbomber » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:33 am

Imps by 18pts
meningie 12 pts
Mypo 25 pts
oldbomber
Rookie

Postby Ramrod » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:46 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:Time for some tips for round 1.

Imps v Jervois
Jervois by 18 points

Meningie v Ramblers
Meningie by 14 points

Mannum v Mypo
Mypo by 32 points

Here are my tips for this week. Glad footys back.
imps by at least 10 goals. Jervois will struggle for depth. We will be to good.
Meningie will smash Ramblers by 8 goals. I cant see fidge making it through the year. Talks all the right things. One thing though.... He Simply cant coach.
Mypo will beat Mannum by 7 goals. Mypo Favourites this year for me. New Coach, Who is very good from all reports
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby used to be » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:35 pm

Interesting round.!!! Great win by our blokes , welcome back luke your a star. Jervois are not that bad we are just playing a great brand of footy. The Bears won easily as expected thanks to the rmfl , mick Ohara and Dalwood, Mannum won in an apparent upset , my mail says billy nearly knows how to coach , Steve hein has nick named the coach billy kanardly .
used to be
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby oldbomber » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:18 pm

Meningie miles infront as expected. Cant see jervois winning too many this year, imps looked a lot more polished yet nothing special, Mannum up and about early despite massive personnel change over off season, maybe they are going to be meningies closest competitor. Wouldnt write a premiership winning coach (neely) off after just 1 game but would like to know why some of their recruits in the standard pre season write up played reserves? Does anyone know if they have actually over recruited with regard to their points allocation?
oldbomber
Rookie

Postby biffboy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:06 pm

oldbomber wrote:Meningie miles infront as expected. Cant see jervois winning too many this year, imps looked a lot more polished yet nothing special, Mannum up and about early despite massive personnel change over off season, maybe they are going to be meningies closest competitor. Wouldnt write a premiership winning coach (neely) off after just 1 game but would like to know why some of their recruits in the standard pre season write up played reserves? Does anyone know if they have actually over recruited with regard to their points allocation?

I have heard they recruited too many players & then asked for extra points but not sure if they got them or not.

Yeah Meningie will be hard to beat, so much pace & quality in that midfield its ridiculous. Would love to know how they manage it with the points they have. Grassy, any news on the bloke from the ressies who got driven off in an ambo? Nasty facial injuries from what the boys told me who saw it on the field, never wish that on anybody.

Mannum quality as I expected. They have got rid of old and under performing blokes & replaced them with good quality younger players which suits their home ground better. Only time will tell I guess but its not like mypo to under perform when there is more expected of them :roll:

Imps v Jervois I was surprised it was so one sided, perhaps the blues are starting to stack the ressies early judging by that result
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby Monopoly Man » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:12 pm

We played great footy yesterday. New boy Williams looks the goods and Lukey was Lukey as expected. Couple of nice movers for Jervois and they may get an upset or two along the way but not yesterday. Bears way out front, give it to them now. I agree Biffboy about Mannum shipping out some old boys they must have played a good game yesterday against a much more fancied Mypo.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby From The Outer » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:32 pm

Great win by the Blues yesterday. Still some quality to come back in but dont think we can match the bears. One of your finest posts Used To Be. Interesting that Hein has already turned on the coach when he was one of the key players in his appointment. I am predicting an implosion at Tigerland by mid year.
From The Outer
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:36 pm

biffboy wrote:
oldbomber wrote:Meningie miles infront as expected. Cant see jervois winning too many this year, imps looked a lot more polished yet nothing special, Mannum up and about early despite massive personnel change over off season, maybe they are going to be meningies closest competitor. Wouldnt write a premiership winning coach (neely) off after just 1 game but would like to know why some of their recruits in the standard pre season write up played reserves? Does anyone know if they have actually over recruited with regard to their points allocation?

I have heard they recruited too many players & then asked for extra points but not sure if they got them or not.

Yeah Meningie will be hard to beat, so much pace & quality in that midfield its ridiculous. Would love to know how they manage it with the points they have. Grassy, any news on the bloke from the ressies who got driven off in an ambo? Nasty facial injuries from what the boys told me who saw it on the field, never wish that on anybody.

Mannum quality as I expected. They have got rid of old and under performing blokes & replaced them with good quality younger players which suits their home ground better. Only time will tell I guess but its not like mypo to under perform when there is more expected of them :roll:

Imps v Jervois I was surprised it was so one sided, perhaps the blues are starting to stack the ressies early judging by that result

I heard the same with Mypo, have 21 points worth of players or something like that. Think they were offered 15 points originally and they declined and said we only want 13, and then they wanted them back months later plus more. Not sure whether or not that has happened.

And The young lad lost 4 front teeth I think and had to get them held in with wire or braces etc for a month. Will be eating through a straw for awhile I'm told. And your right don't wish that stuff on anyone for sure.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby Monopoly Man » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:38 pm

I have heard that the new coach is not liked very much at all out there.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby words of wisdom » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:34 am

From The Outer wrote:WOW. You sure Williams is not sniffing around because Myponga have gone for better options. Rare for Imps to go players who slut themselves around and I hope they don't fall for it in this case .

Happy with Gaz Williams From the Outer?? ;)
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby From The Outer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:05 am

WOW. Williams was terrific. High work rate and wins his own football. If we are going to be around the mark he will be an important factor.
From The Outer
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:33 am

The filth and disgusting abuse(personal attacks) coming from around certain parts of the oval towards some of our players on the wk end was absolutely disgusting. This follows on from the GF. Surely it's not something your club officials would be proud of or continue to tolerate Biff Boy? I guess it all starts at the top though, as it started coming from Fidgey last year. It's country footy I know and with that comes a bit of banter which is good but this has been on a different level than that. Also groups of supporters drinking from there own eskies, once again not a good look for you club.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby biffboy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:10 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:The filth and disgusting abuse(personal attacks) coming from around certain parts of the oval towards some of our players on the wk end was absolutely disgusting. This follows on from the GF. Surely it's not something your club officials would be proud of or continue to tolerate Biff Boy? I guess it all starts at the top though, as it started coming from Fidgey last year. It's country footy I know and with that comes a bit of banter which is good but this has been on a different level than that. Also groups of supporters drinking from there own eskies, once again not a good look for you club.

Sorry mate, I'll have to stick my head in the sand about this one as I sat with a bunch of blokes who barely said a word and drank from Froggies bar. Perhaps someone from another club needs to send a letter to our Prez or something as he may not be aware it is such an issue. But honestly people drinking from an esky has and will always be a problem in country footy, plenty of your supporters do the same thing at your own home ground so having a go at our supporters is a bit rich I think
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:15 pm

biffboy wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:The filth and disgusting abuse(personal attacks) coming from around certain parts of the oval towards some of our players on the wk end was absolutely disgusting. This follows on from the GF. Surely it's not something your club officials would be proud of or continue to tolerate Biff Boy? I guess it all starts at the top though, as it started coming from Fidgey last year. It's country footy I know and with that comes a bit of banter which is good but this has been on a different level than that. Also groups of supporters drinking from there own eskies, once again not a good look for you club.

Sorry mate, I'll have to stick my head in the sand about this one as I sat with a bunch of blokes who barely said a word and drank from Froggies bar. Perhaps someone from another club needs to send a letter to our Prez or something as he may not be aware it is such an issue. But honestly people drinking from an esky has and will always be a problem in country footy, plenty of your supporters do the same thing at your own home ground so having a go at our supporters is a bit rich I think

When we go to opposing clubs we support all the home clubs catering very well I believe. And yeah none of the above was from frogs bar, as that's all good fun up there. And wow what a finish to the reserves game on the wk end, thought it was going to be a nil all draw for a while there.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby pigskin » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:59 pm

Yep we have 1 loss and everyone hates Billy....surely there is something better to write about. It always takes time to learn the ways of a new coach and game style. Mannum are a 5 goal better side this year with their smart recruiting and a ruckman that dominates still. By previous comments if a player comes to the club and attracts 3 points does that automatically make him an "A" grader??
pigskin
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mypolonga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy