HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Legs Man » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:44 pm

Rubber Chest wrote:
overthehill wrote:I was told earlier in the year that Jesse Aish had accepted a role as assistant reserves coach at Norwood and would only play for Echunga on weeks that Norwood played Friday night or Sunday matches. I see Norwood reserves played Saturday afternoon yet Aish still suited up for the Dee's! Has the offer at Echunga become to attractive for him to give the commitment to Norwood?

That Interesting! I hear Loffler from Uri is also an assistant coach with the Norwood reserves and he didn't play for Uri on Saturday against Mt Barker according to sporting pulse. Loffler must be more committed!!!

Oh goody - the Norwood / Echunga forum - commitment can be viewed in many ways.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby shake'n'bake » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:07 am

Ironbank had 16 locals that have played through the junior system on Saturday.
That would have to be close to the most across both divisions i would think.

Beard
Muirden
Watton
Smith
Thomas
Tagliaferri
Adams
Burke
Cross
Desengo
Heithersay
Hulme
Morgan
Van De Berg
Walter
Evans
shake'n'bake
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:13 am

shake'n'bake wrote:Ironbank had 16 locals that have played through the junior system on Saturday.

Beard
Muirden
Watton
Smith
Thomas
Tagliaferri
Adams
Burke
Cross
Desengo
Heithersay
Hulme
Morgan
Van De Berg
Walter
Evans

Bridgewater Raiders starting 21 on Saturday consisted of 18 Raiders juniors.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby running defender » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:40 am

Fair bit of sour grapes on here, you can all bang on about playing ya juniors, unless you get rid of the stupid relegation system the smaller populated clubs are going to keep bringing in recruits to survive, how do you think Uraidla have survived. Any club that can field 4 teams should have the right to stay in Div 1. Ironbank with jessie motlop in there team going to have a good side. Get rid of country championships we don't need it the boys are only weekend warrior's, no one wants it. Instead of spending club dollars on propping up something that nobody want how about returning some money to the grand finalists that provide all the entertainment.
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby batmanbegins » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:44 am

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
shake'n'bake wrote:Ironbank had 16 locals that have played through the junior system on Saturday.

Beard
Muirden
Watton
Smith
Thomas
Tagliaferri
Adams
Burke
Cross
Desengo
Heithersay
Hulme
Morgan
Van De Berg
Walter
Evans

Bridgewater Raiders starting 21 on Saturday consisted of 18 Raiders juniors.

I really like the way you guys have gone about things the past 3 or 4 years Elmer with recruiting the right people and giving the young kids a go, Saw John Mcdonald has come back also which would be a big bonus. Are Curkpatrick, fosdike and barber playing this year noticed they didn't play Saturday?
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:12 pm

batmanbegins wrote:I really like the way you guys have gone about things the past 3 or 4 years Elmer with recruiting the right people and giving the young kids a go, Saw John Mcdonald has come back also which would be a big bonus. Are Curkpatrick, fosdike and barber playing this year noticed they didn't play Saturday?

Getting John McDonald back has been great for our club. It's always good when your ex-juniors return when their SANFL journey is complete.

We expect Curkpatrick to play in the coming weeks. Not sure about Fosdike (hopefully mid season). Matt Barber has had two major injuries in the past 2 seasons, so unlikely to see him this year.

Apologies, realise this is a Div 2 discussion.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby overthehill » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:24 pm

Legs Man wrote:
overthehill wrote:I was told earlier in the year that Jesse Aish had accepted a role as assistant reserves coach at Norwood and would only play for Echunga on weeks that Norwood played Friday night or Sunday matches. I see Norwood reserves played Saturday afternoon yet Aish still suited up for the Dee's! Has the offer at Echunga become to attractive for him to give the commitment to Norwood?

Stupid comment / question which is what I would expect from an ill informed forum member simply trying to cause angst by stooping to new levels with respect to a great bloke, player and ambassador for our game.

Hi Legs, i do apologies if i am infact ill informed. Can you please enlighten me to what part of my question was ill informed?
Is Aish not an assistant coach at Norwood? Did that side not play at a similar time to Echunga's A grade? Does his remuneration at Echunga not tower over that of an SANFL reserves coach? Again if i am incorrect please explain where i have gone wrong?
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby batmanbegins » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:28 pm

running defender wrote:Fair bit of sour grapes on here, you can all bang on about playing ya juniors, unless you get rid of the stupid relegation system the smaller populated clubs are going to keep bringing in recruits to survive, how do you think Uraidla have survived. Any club that can field 4 teams should have the right to stay in Div 1. Ironbank with jessie motlop in there team going to have a good side. Get rid of country championships we don't need it the boys are only weekend warrior's, no one wants it. Instead of spending club dollars on propping up something that nobody want how about returning some money to the grand finalists that provide all the entertainment.

Considering Jesse motlop is Daniel's son he will probably help our under 13's become better.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Legs Man » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:05 pm

overthehill wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

Stupid comment / question which is what I would expect from an ill informed forum member simply trying to cause angst by stooping to new levels with respect to a great bloke, player and ambassador for our game.

Hi Legs, i do apologies if i am infact ill informed. Can you please enlighten me to what part of my question was ill informed?
Is Aish not an assistant coach at Norwood? Did that side not play at a similar time to Echunga's A grade? Does his remuneration at Echunga not tower over that of an SANFL reserves coach? Again if i am incorrect please explain where i have gone wrong?

Remuneration is between him and the club and yes he assists with Norwood's reserves.
Your comments seem only to be a veiled attempt to cause disruption and bad mouth a great person and footy ambassador.
Interesting that you know what a reserves assistant gets and what a player at another clubs agreements are.
Having access to all the information you obviously have - could you please enlighten the forum members as to whether anyone on your committee is gaining remuneration for their services - and if so what they are doing to receive this - in what I would think is a voluntary role?
Could you also reveal your club of origin at a junior level?
If you want to open up the door LB and a big can of worms I am happy to accommodate.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby overthehill » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:04 pm

I don't really understand what your getting at Legs? I played my juniors days at Blyth Snowtown in the NEFL and then Cove in the SFL but am not entirely sure why that's relevant? Both club run wholly and solely on volunteers also!
overthehill
Rookie

Postby overthehill » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:07 pm

Also i'm not involved with any committee's but i believe at the club i follow the president may take a small fee for all the hard work he commits to the club but again i don't really understand your point......... or your big can of worms either???
overthehill
Rookie

Postby Legs Man » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:44 pm

overthehill wrote:Also i'm not involved with any committee's but i believe at the club i follow the president may take a small fee for all the hard work he commits to the club but again i don't really understand your point......... or your big can of worms either???

So you guys have a paid President at Mt Barker.
- really none of my business what your club does but I am glad you have informed the forum members of this.

I was led to believe you actually played some footy at Echunga - but apologise if this was mis-informed.
You cant always believe everything your told.....
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby overthehill » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:28 pm

I really cant confirm that about the Mt Barker president but it is my understanding. Paid or unpaid i know he puts in a hell of a lot of man hours.
On another note i have never played a game for a HFL club
overthehill
Rookie

Postby Legs Man » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:39 pm

overthehill wrote:I really cant confirm that about the Mt Barker president but it is my understanding. Paid or unpaid i know he puts in a hell of a lot of man hours.

Thanks OTH should be a good game this weekend at Mt Barker - reckon your boys will bounce back strongly after the loss to Uri.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Corona Man » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:03 pm

overthehill wrote:I really cant confirm that about the Mt Barker president but it is my understanding. Paid or unpaid i know he puts in a hell of a lot of man hours.

Liar, liar, pants on fire!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times

Postby youngpace » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Best tread carefully Legs ol matey. These who is who games are what can turn this forum to B... S... at times. Just keep up the on point comments and constructive chatter.

I reckon Jesse should be focused on playing. Not just because it's great to have him back at the Dee's. He is around 25. Far to young to be giving up playing to coach, can spend a lot longer coaching at a high level then you can play.
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Legs Man » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:57 pm

youngpace wrote:Best tread carefully Legs ol matey. These who is who games are what can turn this forum to B... S... at times. Just keep up the on point comments and constructive chatter.

I reckon Jesse should be focused on playing. Not just because it's great to have him back at the Dee's. He is around 25. Far to young to be giving up playing to coach, can spend a lot longer coaching at a high level then you can play.

Cheers YP - agree entirely - just get a bit defensive when I see comments purely designed to cause angst. (particularly when they are pointed at such a good bloke who puts in tirelessly for footy)

Advice taken ;)
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby jumbo20 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:23 pm

gee shortest career at a club-See Brodie Topham already leaving TV back to Birdwood?? Maybe it was the oval...
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby youngpace » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:50 pm

Legs Man wrote:
youngpace wrote:

Cheers YP - agree entirely - just get a bit defensive when I see comments purely designed to cause angst. (particularly when they are pointed at such a good bloke who puts in tirelessly for footy)

Advice taken ;)

Yeah true that, he is a top knacka!
youngpace
Rookie

Postby youngpace » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:08 pm

jumbo20 wrote:gee shortest career at a club-See Brodie Topham already leaving TV back to Birdwood?? Maybe it was the oval...

That is quick!
Or have we seen TV out bid for the first time? Country forum suggests the Roosters are playing with a lot of points this year (handy to get 0 points back). Birdwood could be trying to push for a Central re-birth in 2016.
youngpace
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy