Hogg Premier League 2015

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Hogg Premier League 2015

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:18 pm

Hogg Premier Preview Round 1

Peptide Army v Has Been MATCH OF THE ROUND
These two coaches have chosen opposing selection strategies here and at this stage of the season the Army appears to have more scoring power in their squad. Has Been has opted for Daniel Wells which is a strange selection for mine but the Beeners have left some room to grow as the season progresses. I’m not sure Troy has, at the moment he has a frightening array of midfield guns which is kind of like a front ended contract. I’m predicting a bright start for the Army as they are ready to go right now. Peptide Army will salute.

wycbloods v REBCats
Like many of the matches this week this one will be close. So far the Cats have the edge over the bloods in their HPL history but Bartel has late out written all over him. The bloods will looking to spend 700k to replace Rockliff which should equal a points boost for them. At this stage I’m selecting wycbloods as I’m thinking he’ll make the trade.

Longwood Lions v Eckys Fevolas
Eckys Premier League debut is against the 18th ranked seed but the Lions outscored the Fevs last week so they’ll be hoping for a winning start. Both teams look pretty solid to me although there are some underperformers in that Lions defence. I reckon Eckys Fevolas can start the season off with a narrow victory.

Ben Rolfsburgers v Q Before You
The Rolfs’ debut is a tougher match up against a former Premier League champion. Q was a bit slow out of the blocks last year and will be keen to pocket early wins against one of the HPL newcomers. Q looks to have a slight edge in the midfield and the Rolfs will be another team that might be sweating on Bartel this week. Q Before You to win this one.

Cork in the Ocean v Les’s Men
The top two seeds clash in the opener here but we may have been robbed of a potential blockbuster as Les’s Men put in a Geelong like effort as opposed to the table topping reigning premier Cork in the Ocean. Les didn’t lose too many last year but it’s hard to see him making up all those points. I’m tipping Cork in the Ocean to win this.

Hondo SCC v SHARKS
I don’t like tipping against the mighty Hondo and it’s hard to make a case for Spiro here. The SHARKS won’t be scaring anyone if they remain two hundred off the par score and they’ve got some serious selection headaches with a puzzling squad selected. Hondo SCC in a canter.

Underdogs v Cotch Lickers
Both coaches would have been underwhelmed by their opening efforts so they’ll be keen to bounce back to their normal rate of scoring. Cover King is another Wells owner and Gibbos’ gone the wrong Port midfielder but I think the Underdogs have a greater capacity for scoring at the moment. I reckon the Underdogs will put the bite on the Cotch. Sounds painful!

Squeakeroos DTC v Honey Badgers
You would think after all these seasons I’d stop writing off Squeaky but I did so in the preview and up he bobbed again as one of the better scorers in the league in the pre-season. At first glance Squeaky looks vulnerable as he has more Demons than an episode of Charmed and they are away this week but the Badgers backline is a sea of average that couldn’t swamp a Jack Russell. I reckon the Squeakeroos will get the points.

Captain Who? v Buddy Franklin
Buddy flew out of the blocks last year while the Captain snoozed but this year it might be different with Groover comfortably outscoring the Buddster in the opening round. With players such as Crisp, Taylor Hunt and Josh Caddy I’m not sure if Groover has lost the plot or he is an evil genius. So far the latter is winning but I wouldn’t be counting on Hunt getting 117 every week but Caddy’s sub 80s he will have to get used to. Looking at Buddy, I reckon he’s overspent on the ruck and it has left him short elsewhere. As I am predicting Rocky owners to hit the trade button, it is hard to see anything other than a Captain Who win.

The Kiss of Death has spoken! :twisted:

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:35 pm

Hogg Premier League Round 1

Results

wycbloods 2161
REBCats 2152

Eckys Fevolas 2038
Longwood Lions 1989

Ben Rolfsburgers 2305
Q Before You 2069

Les's Men 2239
Cork in the Ocean 2204

SHARKS 2272
Hondo SCC 2178

Has Been 2183
Peptide Army 2057

Cotch Lickers 2122
Underdogs 2075

Squeakeroos DTC 1959
Honey Badgers 1952

Captain Who? 2072
Buddy Franklin 2042

Ladder

1 Ben Rolfsburgers 1 0 0 2305 2069 111.41 4
2 Has Been 1 0 0 2183 2057 106.13 4
3 SHARKS 1 0 0 2272 2178 104.32 4
4 Ecky's Fevolas 1 0 0 2038 1989 102.46 4
5 Cotch Lickers 1 0 0 2122 2075 102.27 4
6 Les's Men 1 0 0 2239 2204 101.59 4
7 Captain Who? 1 0 0 2072 2042 101.47 4
8 wycbloods 1 0 0 2161 2152 100.42 4

9 Squeakeroos DTC 1 0 0 1959 1952 100.36 4
10 Honey Badgers 0 1 0 1952 1959 99.64 0
11 REBCats 0 1 0 2152 2161 99.58 0
12 Buddy Franklin 0 1 0 2042 2072 98.55 0
13 Cork in the Ocean 0 1 0 2204 2239 98.44 0
14 Underdogs 0 1 0 2075 2122 97.79 0
15 Longwood Lions 0 1 0 1989 2038 97.60 0
16 Hondo SCC 0 1 0 2178 2272 95.86 0
17 Peptide Army 0 1 0 2057 2183 94.23 0
18 Q Before You 0 1 0 2069 2305 89.76 0

A much better week for HPL players this round with two teams who didn't fire a shot last week, the Rolfs and the SHARKS putting in very handy score. Arse of the week is Squeakeroos who won with a score of 1959 while a score of 2204 wasn't enough for Interceptor's Cork in the Ocean to get the chocolates.

In closing a big FU to Gary Ablett who is GAWN.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Banker » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:20 am

Rik E Boy wrote:Arse of the week is Squeakeroos who won with a score of 1959

I don't think my round could of gone any worse-

Friday- Bartel ruled out.
Saturday- Goodes & Brayshaw cop the green vest. Both stuck on the field...
Sunday- Mitch Clark and Clay beams barely get a touch after fielding them over Bartel and Salem from Round 1. 86 points on the pine...

And to top it all off, Gibson late out.... and yep you guessed it, I didnt select any emergencies... Saad with 90 on the bench.

I was OK with all that... just a bad week, I forget how much attention SC needs! Still happy with my team.

...Until I saw Sqeakaroos score this morning and nearly snapped my laptop in half. 7 bloody points ](*,)
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:01 pm

Hogg Premier Preview Round 2

Back in the old days there was this Cat dude who had ‘The Ablett Factor’ as his banner and he’d bob up at a heap of Geelong games. In Hogg Premier the Ablett factor is one to consider when trying to work out this week’s winners.

There are other factors at work here as well. Collingwood’s Scott Pendlebury could get the night off against the Saints as the Pies want him rested for ANZAC Day and popular rookie selection Kane Lambert has also done a shoulder so he’ll be out for a few weeks. Add that to O’Meara, Sidebottom, Rockliff and Selwood (but who would pick him hey Troy?) and you’ve got Round 20 carnage in Round 2. Let the fun and games commence!

Captain Who? v Cotch Lickers MATCH OF THE ROUND
The winner of this match will be two-zip and this is the match of the round this week. On paper the Captain looked very strong to start with but he has yet to pull the trigger on Rockliff and he has Ablett as well. This means Groover has 1.4 million dollars’ worth of Donut. Even Homer Simpson couldn’t eat a donut of that size. CoverKing has started off the season very well and just because he loses when I select him I am doing just that. Cotch Lickers to win the match of the round.

REBCats v Longwood Lions
Both sides got done in round one so they’ll be keen to get a win on the board. There has been a bit of carnage so far this season and it hasn’t bypassed the Cats with Gary Ablett providing the fur ball during last week. Alaska is down in the point-scoring already so I’m selecting my REBCats to open their account, especially as the Lions also have the little master in their squad.

Ben Rolfsburgers v wycbloods
Both last start winners with the Rolfs being more impressive in the scoring department. The bloods managed to scrape a win despite switching the captaincy from Nat Fyfe last week which is a mistake that he won’t be making this time around. Neither side has Ablett but the Rolfs do have Pendlebury. I reckon Pendlebury owners won’t make the trade so that means I’m leaning towards a wycbloods victory.

Cork in the Ocean v Eckys Fevolas
Ecky got the job done last week and Corky was pretty unlucky to lose after scoring one of the best scores in the Premier League last week. Corky is currently number two in the Hogg and if you keep scoring well then the wins will come. Both have Pendles and I can see Corky pulling the trigger on Gaz. Cork in the Ocean will get the win this week and draw level with the Fevs on points after two rounds.

Hondo SCC v Q Before You
Two highly credentialed Premier League coaches meet here after an uncharacteristic stumble to start the season. Both players have Pendlebury and Ablett so these factors will cancel each other out a bit. He won’t thank me for it but I’m tipping Hondo SCC to get the points this week.

Peptide Army v Les’s Men
Hammo would be lucky to win in Division V this week so a match up with the formidable Lezzes is the last thing he needs after an inglorious start. Les might have missed the boat in the pre-season but he hasn’t missed a beat now we are playing for keeps. Les has Pendles but Hammo has Gaz, Pendles and Scooter Selwood in a formidable midfield bakery. Les’s Men will romp this one in.

Underdogs v SHARKS
These two sides have met many times in the Piglet Shield but this is their first meeting in the Premier League. The Dogs will lose a ‘development’ trade replacing Ablett but a quick look at the SHARKS shows that it’s a POD paradise. Isaac Smith, Andrew Swallow, Lachie Neale this team is capable of nothing and anything. With Gibbo a little off the pace right now it points to a SHARKS victory.

Squeakeroos DTC v Has Been
Squeaky didn’t frighten the scorers much last week but still did enough to get the win. This week they have the inside running as well as the Beeners have Pendles and Ablett while Squeaky only has to worry about Pendles. It will be an interesting night at selection for these two sides but I reckon that Squeakeroos DTC can live up to their name and record a narrow victory.

Buddy Franklin v Honey Badgers
Danger time already for both of these sides after they dropped their round one matches. The Badgers were struck by the ugly stick last week but look likey to be untouched by carnage (vest aside) in terms of long term outs and Buddy is one of the many coaches who have to resolve the Ablett factor. At this stage I’m selecting the more settled sides so I’m leaning towards a Honey Badgers win.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Groover » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:44 pm

0 trades last week turn into 2 this week grr back with the pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 386 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:54 pm

Bartel's knee injury will probably sink Hondo this week.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:44 pm

Round 2

REBCats 2048
Longwood Lions 1902

Ben Rolfsburgers 2080
wycbloods 2045

Cork in the Ocean 2065
Eckys Fevolas 2056

Q Before You 2011
Hondo SCC 1953

Les's Men 2159
Peptide Army 2131

SHARKS 2330
Underdogs 2141

Has Been 2023
Squeakeroos DTC 1945

Captain Who? 2128
Cotch Lickers 2062

Buddy Franklin 2180
Honey Badgers 1872

Ladder

1 Ben Rolfsburgers 2 0 0 4385 4114 106.59 8
2 SHARKS 2 0 0 4602 4319 106.55 8
3 Has Been 2 0 0 4206 4002 105.10 8
4 Captain Who? 2 0 0 4200 4104 102.34 8
5 Les's Men 2 0 0 4398 4335 101.45 8
6 Buddy Franklin 1 1 0 4222 3944 107.05 4
7 REBCats 1 1 0 4200 4063 103.37 4
8 Ecky's Fevolas 1 1 0 4094 4054 100.99 4

9 Cotch Lickers 1 1 0 4184 4203 99.55 4
10 wycbloods 1 1 0 4206 4232 99.39 4
11 Cork in the Ocean 1 1 0 4269 4295 99.39 4
12 Squeakeroos DTC 1 1 0 3904 3975 98.21 4
13 Q Before You 1 1 0 4080 4258 95.82 4
14 Peptide Army 0 2 0 4188 4342 96.45 0
15 Hondo SCC 0 2 0 4131 4283 96.45 0
16 Longwood Lions 0 2 0 3891 4086 95.23 0
17 Underdogs 0 2 0 4216 4452 94.70 0
18 Honey Badgers 0 2 0 3824 4139 92.39 0

The SHARKS have made a massive statement in the early rounds of the Premier League by cleaning up old rival Underdogs and being one of the few Hogg coaches to rack up successive scores of 2300+. The Golden Greek is zooming up the rankings and has started the trend of new HPL coaches having a fast start to the season. Fellow HPL rookie Rolfsburgers had a narrow win over wycbloods to sit on top of the ladder and Les's Men are also undefeated after they were too good for an unlucky Peptide Army.

Speaking of unlucky, Cat Jimmy Bartel won't be getting a Christmas Card from Hondo after the Brownlow Medalist copped yet another injury, this time to his knee. It looks like a 4-6 absence for the star Cat so Hondo will be reaching for the T button. Not all new teams to the Premier League are prospering as the early season form of the Honey Badgers could attest. The Badgers struggled for points this week and were flogged by Buddy Franklin and right now the Badgers are burrowing away at the bottom of the ladder.

Reigning premier Cork in the Ocean just got over the line against Ecky's Fevolas in what was a tight contest and Captain Who had a comfortable win against CoverKing in his match. Squeaky failed to get 2000 points again but this week they were punished by Has Been who remained unbeaten.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:13 pm

Hogg Premier Preview Round 3

Why are they paying all these sports science blokes? Rockliff, Sidebottom, Petracca, Liberatore, O’Meara, McKenzie, Ablett, Bartel, Lamb, Lobbe, Bontempeli, Adams, Wines, C Beams, Mayes, Deledio, McGrath…it’s almost impossible to miss every single one of those players and anyone who has is a dead set genius.

One person who could be described as this (or a complete arse) is Spiro whose mighty SHARKS are one of the best assembled teams in the Hogg right now. With very little worries heading his way the SHARKS are a team I’d like to be avoiding over the next few weeks, or at least until the SuperCoach Gods have caught up with him.

Captain Who? v SHARKS MATCH OF THE ROUND
Captain Who survived last week’s match of the round but I’m not liking him here. The SHARKS have done a great job with this side, he got on the Neale express and got Roughy as well. Sprio has gone cheap in the ruck and this has enabled him to spend up elsewhere. The Captain has a weaker defence and has an issue with Adams and Bontempeli. The SHARKS will win this one and burst the Captain’s bubble.

REBCats v Bens Rolfsburgers
The Rolfs have started their Premier League campaign in fine style and should remain undefeated after their match up with Premier League veteran REBCats. The Rolfs have a decided edge in midfield with the Cats’ off beat selections in midfield of Griffen, Wines, Priddis and Parker not really paying off at this stage. The only problem for the Rolfs is that they have to replace Jimmy Bartel so it will be interesting to see what moves the early season leaders make there. Ben Rolfsburgers will win this one pretty comfortably.

Cork in the Ocean v Longwood Lions
The Lions are looking a bit rocky at the moment and don’t appear to have the scoring power to match Cork in the Ocean in this clash. Corky is going well with perhaps Malceski and the availability of Bontempeli being his only worries. The Lions have underperforming backs, an injured Wallis and Taylor Adams as well as Bontempeli so this one is going to get Jarryd Roughead ugly. Cork in the Ocean by plenty.

Hondo SCC v wycbloods
Hondo is having no luck at all this season and they were robbed of a much needed victory when Bartels knee went bang at Cat Park. Hondo is hampered by an average defence as well and will start as underdogs against the 1 and 1 wycbloods. The bloods are better in the back and like Spiro, they are benefitting by selecting Roughead in the forward line. The bloods have been using Lambert to provide flexibility with the mids and I reckon wycbloods will get the chocolates here.

Peptide Army v Ecky’s Fevolas
The Army were valiant in defeat against Les’s Men last week and I’m sticking to my theory of the Peptide Army being ready to go while Eckys need some more time in the oven. Peptide Army have been unlucky not to salute so far this season and a lack of an obvious Captain choice has hurt him. I reckon he could go worse than plump for Jab Watson on ANZAC Day. This is the week for Hammo…Peptide Army for the points.

Underdogs v Q Before You
Q is as underdone as Ablett so the Underdogs won’t get a better chance to break their Premier League drought. The ladder looks unkind for sharksta but the Underdogs look pretty good to me. A key player for Q Before You will be Patrick Dangerfield as I can see him scoring big this week as the Dogs didn’t do so well at tagging last week. If Paddy lives up to his name Q will be at the end of one. Underdogs to open their account for the season.

Squeakeroos DTC v Les’s Men
Les looks too strong here. Squeaky has struggled to crack 2000 so far this year so I reckon Les’s Men will win this one on a break. Squeaky has the edge down back thanks to the prudent selection of Luke Hodge but Les appears to have the edge just about everywhere else. Les’s Men for the win.

Buddy Franklin v Has Been
Has Been has made it a habit not to drop too many matches and already they are off to an unbeaten start. The Beeners are strong up front but are hampered by underperforming keepers. They have an interesting POD in Dion Prestia and are another side that will benefit from a freed up Dangerfield. Buddy Franklin has players such as Ibbotson, KK, and Goodes in the backline so an area of weakness for the Beeners could become a strength. Buddy looks stronger in the midfield but badly needs a lift from high price ruckman Shane Mumford. In what will be one of the closer matches of the round I’m tipping Has Been to win by a whisker.

Honey Badgers v Cotch Lickers
Despite having plodders such as Malceski, Newnes, Parker, Griffen and Maric, the Cotch will be licking their lips at the prospect of a match up with the battered Honey Badgers. It seems that the Badgers are copping another injury each week and now it’s Clay Beams’ turn for a stint on the sidelines which means the Badgers have to trade twice just to post a decent score as he has Bartel as well. CoverKing will be a happy chappy come Sunday night as the Cotch Lickers will record their second win for the year.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Hondo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:39 pm

Not only did Bartel cost me the W I went in with a bank of $678K so played a mid premium short. This was due to deciding to trade Gaz to VB and bring in Oxley planning to bring the extra premium mid in this week. Hopefully that makes my side look more competitive.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:53 pm

I did the same hondo, traded gaz for VB.

Might look to use that cash this week to get Goldstein
Q.
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:38 pm

Not having coverage for Luenberger has cost me a trade and has me one week behind where I want to be as I've copped another injury in Wines. The Wines injury hurts me a lot as not many people had him. This week I play the top side with a midfield stacked with underperforming keepers and youngsters. Can't see myself beating the Rolfs with the team I will be putting on the park.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Hondo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:39 pm

Wcybloods copped the SC gods wrath with Heeney on field
Hondo
Coach

Postby Q. » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:59 pm

Ahmed Saad on field... FMSC
Q.
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:06 am

Heeney on the field FMSC
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:47 pm

Round 3

Ben Rolfsburgers 2188
REBCats 2071

Cork in the Ocean 2115
Longwood Lions 2094

Hondo SCC 1988
wycbloods 1696

Peptide Army 2073
Eckys Fevolas 2013

Q Before You 2083
Underdogs 2068

Les's Men 2219
Squeakeroos DTC 2047

SHARKS 1973
Captain Who? 1954

Has Been 1963
Buddy Franklin 1944

Honey Badgers 2141
Cotch Lickers 1867

Ladder

1 Ben Rolfsburgers 3 0 0 6573 6185 106.27 12
2 SHARKS 3 0 0 6575 6273 104.81 12
3 Has Been 3 0 0 6169 5946 103.75 12
4 Les's Men 3 0 0 6617 6382 103.68 12
5 Captain Who? 2 1 0 6154 6077 101.27 8
6 Cork in the Ocean 2 1 0 6384 6389 99.92 8
7 Q Before You 2 1 0 6163 6326 97.42 8
8 Buddy Franklin 1 2 0 6166 5907 104.38 4

9 Hondo SCC 1 2 0 6119 5979 102.34 4
10 REBCats 1 2 0 6271 6251 100.32 4
11 Ecky's Fevolas 1 2 0 6107 6127 99.67 4
12 Honey Badgers 1 2 0 5965 6006 99.32 4
13 Peptide Army 1 2 0 6261 6355 98.52 4
14 Squeakeroos DTC 1 2 0 5951 6194 96.08 4
15 Cotch Lickers 1 2 0 6051 6344 95.38 4
16 wycbloods 1 2 0 5902 6220 94.89 4
17 Longwood Lions 0 3 0 5985 6201 96.52 0
18 Underdogs 0 3 0 6284 6535 96.16 0

It was a week where it all went to shit for many coaches but a couple of front running sides managed to get wins on the board despite carding low scores. The SHARKS were looking to rack up 2300 for the third week in a row but will happily take the four points for his 1973 in the match of the round against the Captain. Has Been was another top side to score bugger all but maintain their lofty league ranking over Buddy Franklin and if you can get wins when scoring low scores you are well on your way to the finals.

One team that doesn't appear to have that problem so far this season is the luckless Underdogs who are on the bottom of the ladder after their leaky defence has so far coughed up 6535 in three matches. Underdogs are ranked 7th in the league for scoring but the ladder is not as kind. Hondo opened his account in a fairly streaky fashion after wycbloods players went down like ninepins during a shocking round for them. Not too many teams in Premier League History have failed to crack 1700 and after a promising start to the season the bloods are heading towards the relegation zone.

No such problems for Les's Men who racked up 2219 to defeat Squeaky who got their best score of the season but couldn't get the win. The Rolfs stayed on top of the ladder after outclassing the REBCats and Has Been hit back after a slow start with a good score to open their account for the season and move up six spots on the ladder. The Peptide Army are another side that has been copping high opposition scores but it was their week this week against Ecky's Fevolas.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri May 01, 2015 1:33 pm

Hogg Premier Preview Round 4

The newcomers to the league look set to continue with their dominance of the league with only Cork in the Ocean and Has Been resisting the invaders. Crunch time has come early for a couple of blokes and one woman with lower ranked teams squaring off to try and keep up with the top eight.

Captain Who? v Q Before You - MATCH OF THE ROUND
These two sides have had some epic encounters including two Hogg Premier Grand Finals and they are this week’s match of the round. Both teams have had their ups and downs so far this season (just like everyone else) but unlike most they’ve come out OK on the win-loss front. Q Man has upped the scoring in recent times but his forward line cheapies strategy could be flawed against a solid side with the regulation underperforming defenders. Groover might be feeling some sort of Blockbuster fatigue but I’m selecting the Captain to salute.

REBCats v Cork in the Ocean
Corky has started off the season very much in the dominating fashion in which he finished the last. He had one blip on the radar in the second round but it’s been smooth sailing so far this season for the reigning premiers who are scoring well. The REBCats have been consistent in their scoring patterns but we are being hampered by the coach’s reluctance to spend money on midfielders. Scoring 2050 every week won’t worry the top teams in the Premier League so unfortunately it’s a win coming up for Cork in the Ocean.

Hondo SCC v Ben Rolfsburgers
The Burgers have had everyone on toast so far this season and in a year in which many coaches are struggling to score they have been scoring freely. Even the mighty Hondo has struggled to get up to speed this year but they enjoyed a bye last week after wycbloods put in one of the worst scores in Premier League history. Hondo needs to find another 500 points to get over the Rolfs and I’m not sure he can do it. Ben Rolfsburgers will get the points.

Peptide Army v Longwood Lions
The Lions got on the scoring bandwagon last week but failed to open their account which was a feat that the Peptide Army managed to achieve. The Army had been a bit stiff not to open their account earlier in the season and have been consistently outscoring the Lions so far this season. While Alaska’s boys have lifted their rating perhaps the suddenly inform Peptide Army might be a bridge to far for the Lions to cross. Peptide Army should win this one.

Underdogs v wycbloods
The Underdogs continue their form from last season where they scored well but couldn’t win matches. wycbloods could not be accused of either after their lamentable round 3 effort which saw them card a laughable 1696. Seeing as I lost to the bloods in the first round I was the one coach not laughing. Bloods can’t possibly go as badly as last week but the Underdogs are overdue for a win and should record a much needed victory.

Squeakeroos DTC v Ecky’s Fevolas
This could be one of the closest matches of the round as two teams that are struggling to record early season wins match up here. Squeaky finally recorded a decent score last week and this suggests his scoring trends are heading North. Ecky was not disgraced last week after making the move on Lids but he’s still got Goodes in the backline occupying the bench and some cash. The edge in this game could be the amount of Demons Squeakeroos are playing in midfield. I reckon they might struggle against the Freomonsters so I’m leaning towards an Ecky’s Fevolas victory.

Buddy Franklin v Les’s Men
The Lezzes have hit the ground running in their first Premier League season and are undefeated as well as being amongst the league’s most consistent scorers. Buddy is hanging in there in the top eight by virtue of having very few points scored against him but even this factor has led him to be 1-2 after three weeks. I can’t see the Lezzes scoring as poorly as Buddy’s past opponents so for me this match will be a Les’s Men victory.

Honey Badgers v SHARKS
Expect plenty of mental health professionals in attendance at this match between the league’s most Schizophrenic teams. The Honey Badgers have been scraping out points all year and then BANG 2141 against the luckless CoverKing last week. SHARKS started with a 1700 then scored two 2300 scores before dropping back under 2000 again last week. It appears Spiro’s mob have a better ‘ceiling’ so I reckon the SHARKS will win this.

Cotch Lickers v Has Been
Has Been are not living up to their name this season and are one of the few Premier League heavyweights to maintain their good form against the newcomers this season. This week they play against the Cotch Lickers who are going about as well as their namesake whenever someone puts a tag on him. CoverKing and wycbloods are holding up the scoring table this week and I can’t see the Lickers doing enough to upset Has Been who will record a comfortable victory.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun May 03, 2015 10:35 pm

Round 4

Cork in the Ocean 2139
REBCats 2040

Hondo SCC 2369
Ben Rolfsburgers 2206

Longwood Lions 2169
Peptide Army 2155

Underdogs 2243
wycbloods 2054

Squeakeroos DTC 2248
Eckys Fevolas 2176

Q Before You 2203
Captain Who? 2151

Les's Men 2247
Buddy Franklin 2223

SHARKS 2233
Honey Badgers 2082

Has Been 2282
Cotch Lickers 2098

Ladder

1 SHARKS 4 0 0 8808 8355 105.42 16
2 Has Been 4 0 0 8451 8044 105.06 16
3 Les's Men 4 0 0 8864 8605 103.01 16
4 Ben Rolfsburgers 3 1 0 8779 8554 102.63 12
5 Cork in the Ocean 3 1 0 8523 8429 101.12 12
6 Q Before You 3 1 0 8366 8477 98.69 12
7 Hondo SCC 2 2 0 8488 8185 103.70 8
8 Captain Who? 2 2 0 8305 8280 100.30 8

9 Squeakeroos DTC 2 2 0 8199 8370 97.96 8
10 Buddy Franklin 1 3 0 8389 8154 102.88 4
11 Underdogs 1 3 0 8527 8589 99.28 4
12 REBCats 1 3 0 8311 8390 99.06 4
13 Ecky's Fevolas 1 3 0 8283 8375 98.90 4
14 Peptide Army 1 3 0 8416 8524 98.73 4
15 Honey Badgers 1 3 0 8047 8239 97.67 4
16 Longwood Lions 1 3 0 8154 8356 97.58 4
17 Cotch Lickers 1 3 0 8149 8626 94.47 4
18 wycbloods 1 3 0 7956 8463 94.01 4

UGH. That's all I've got to say about this round after stinking up the joint and dropping down the ladder. The top teams are already starting to organise themselves at the top of the ladder with the SHARKS, Has Been and Les's Men all undefeated after four rounds. The exception this week was Bens Rolfsburgers who got knocked off by Hondo who finally flexed his muscles with a solid victory.

Another team to bounce back were the Underdogs who climbed off the bottom and back into contention after they flogged wycbloods. Longwood Lions also bagged a much needed win to join the teams on 1-3 after they upset the Peptide Army. I've got a horrible feeling that the top eight could be settled already and that I might be in Division I next year after spending my cash and still not topping 2100. Stupid game DOH.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Q. » Sun May 03, 2015 11:07 pm

It's been a pretty rough start to the year, hopefully some good downgrade options present themselves in coming weeks.
Q.
Coach

Postby fish » Mon May 04, 2015 7:31 am

Q. wrote:It's been a pretty rough start to the year, hopefully some good downgrade options present themselves in coming weeks.

Hope Josh Glenn continues to deliver after a great first game
fish
Coach

Has liked: 184 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Hondo » Mon May 04, 2015 11:26 am

Rolfsburgers and my teams were surprisingly similar considering the different starts to the year. I had big wins on Danger/Bennell to his Griffin/Buddy (how bad has Griffin been honestly). Then I jagged the right VC loophole with Pendles. Finally my main negative POD in Goldy had a quiet game by his standards.
Hondo
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy