Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Mister Footy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:33 am

shoe boy wrote:Not for me to elaborate on, not my club, and it isn't rubbish!! Imagine it will be all over here by this afternoon, definitely by selections tonight!!
Maybe someone from the club concerned can reveal? There's plenty of em on this site normally with opinions. :oops:

Joel Brown on the move?[/quote]

Have done some checking for you SB and you are correct. Sad to see but when you are offered the real big bucks he has been reckon it is understandable. Was always a chance this would happen when his best mate NPG went to Loxton. He has told club he will be back next year but has a wedding to pay for

Just another casualty of the country clubs being able to offer these blokes plenty of $$$$$ and SFL clubs cant match it.

Jet Airport reckon you need to get your head out your backside mate and stop trashing HV any chance you get. Most blokes would be tempted by this sort of cash - HV dont need to "have a good hard look at themselves" but maybe you should find a mirror and stop trying to stir up trouble
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby jet-airport » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:42 pm

Mister Footy wrote:
shoe boy wrote:Not for me to elaborate on, not my club, and it isn't rubbish!! Imagine it will be all over here by this afternoon, definitely by selections tonight!!
Maybe someone from the club concerned can reveal? There's plenty of em on this site normally with opinions. :oops:

Joel Brown on the move?

Have done some checking for you SB and you are correct. Sad to see but when you are offered the real big bucks he has been reckon it is understandable. Was always a chance this would happen when his best mate NPG went to Loxton. He has told club he will be back next year but has a wedding to pay for

Just another casualty of the country clubs being able to offer these blokes plenty of $$$$$ and SFL clubs cant match it.

Jet Airport reckon you need to get your head out your backside mate and stop trashing HV any chance you get. Most blokes would be tempted by this sort of cash - HV dont need to "have a good hard look at themselves" but maybe you should find a mirror and stop trying to stir up trouble[/quote]

Not "stirring up trouble" MF, stating what I had been shown on Facebook!
Not "trashing" Happy Valley either MF- always respected HV footy club... but... the walls down HVFC are talking in 2015 MF!

Last I checked Its a forum and when your arguably 1st or 2nd best player- "walks out" after playing "B grade" round 1, people in footy are going to talk. If a Farrier, Pannozo, Mott, or Carey did the same you'd be all over it .

See you round 5 MF- i'll bring some mirrors for your hierarchy to look into, make sure you all wear ya 2012 premiership Polo-shirts so we can count ALL the blokes who have moved on.
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:39 am

jet-airport wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:

Joel Brown on the move?

Jet Airport reckon you need to get your head out your backside mate and stop trashing HV any chance you get. Most blokes would be tempted by this sort of cash - HV dont need to "have a good hard look at themselves" but maybe you should find a mirror and stop trying to stir up trouble

Not "trashing" Happy Valley either MF- always respected HV footy club... but... the walls down HVFC are talking in 2015 MF!

Last I checked Its a forum and when your arguably 1st or 2nd best player- "walks out" after playing "B grade" round 1, people in footy are going to talk. If a Farrier, Pannozo, Mott, or Carey did the same you'd be all over it .

See you round 5 MF- i'll bring some mirrors for your hierarchy to look into, make sure you all wear ya 2012 premiership Polo-shirts so we can count ALL the blokes who have moved on.[/quote]
Why did he play B-Grade?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:54 am

Sometimes the $ wins out over loyalty and we hear about these, but plenty of times loyalty wins out over $ and we rarely hear about these.

Club loyalty/mateship/community does still exist over the $
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby Front & Centre » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:19 am

Dutchy wrote:Sometimes the $ wins out over loyalty and we hear about these, but plenty of times loyalty wins out over $ and we rarely hear about these.

Club loyalty/mateship/community does still exist over the $

Agree Dutchy. Tomorrow HV celebrate our loyal captain's 200 games. Sure he has been offered cash go elsewhere but "Dom" stayed a Viking.
Also celebrating Heubs 250 games. Funny thing about players is that sometimes they leave for $ or other reasons but HV has a long history of players returning to the club. Grass isn't always greener...
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Front & Centre » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:24 am

[
Why did he play B-Grade?[/quote]

Pretty sure he had been overseas for whole preseason and has only just got back. Think he has found a way to pay off his holiday! Has already told the club he'll be back
Front & Centre
Rookie

Postby Keyser Soze » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:39 am

jet-airport wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:

Joel Brown on the move?

See you round 5 MF- i'll bring some mirrors for your hierarchy to look into, make sure you all wear ya 2012 premiership Polo-shirts so we can count ALL the blokes who have moved on.[/quote]

Some of the selections of Vikings A-grade last week were very strange Brown and Huebner just to name a few which was made worst by there first loss to the Falcons and B-grade won easily and now one of your best players Brown who was the Vikings best player in the finals and played association footy last year has gone to another club after round 1. Add him to the list of McKenzie, McNamara, Borowski, Raitt plus a few others who aren't playing and you gotta expect some discussion and questions asked.

The vikings have always been a stable club and one of the powers in the SFL I'm sure they will bounce back this week. Don't be so precious MF it's a forum for discussion if you don't like it don't log on. :)
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Front & Centre » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:44 pm

Brown Huebner Bruce didn't do preseason for various reasons none of them to do with club Therefore they played first game in B's. New coach wanted to reward those that did do preseason with A grade selection. You will also find Mahar playing in B grade for same reason this week.
Raitt, Borowski, NPG, Brown, McNamara have gone for financial reasons. Brown has just arrived back from holiday so probably took time for Loxton contract to get organised therefore he played for Vikings round 1
McKenzie has left for personal reasons and probably some of that is he was sick of the constant abuse thrown at him and his family including his kids from the sidelines. When posters on this forum complain about talent leaving SFL think about 3 year old being yelled at by a group of drunk men.
Vikings long history of being a stable club and fostering junior talent is coming to fruition. Some handy former juniors have returned to us and I would go as far to say couple of them will be top 10 in our B&F
Front & Centre
Rookie

Postby jet-airport » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Front & Centre wrote:Brown Huebner Bruce didn't do preseason for various reasons none of them to do with club Therefore they played first game in B's. New coach wanted to reward those that did do preseason with A grade selection. You will also find Mahar playing in B grade for same reason this week.
Raitt, Borowski, NPG, Brown, McNamara have gone for financial reasons. Brown has just arrived back from holiday so probably took time for Loxton contract to get organised therefore he played for Vikings round 1
McKenzie has left for personal reasons and probably some of that is he was sick of the constant abuse thrown at him and his family including his kids from the sidelines. When posters on this forum complain about talent leaving SFL think about 3 year old being yelled at by a group of drunk men.
Vikings long history of being a stable club and fostering junior talent is coming to fruition. Some handy former juniors have returned to us and I would go as far to say couple of them will be top 10 in our B&F

Thanks for clearing up F&C, as Keyser mentioned , for others to see some names in the B's that are regular A graders was surprising :shock:
If they haven't trained - That makes more sense to selections.
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby banterfordays » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:34 pm

Front & Centre wrote:.....Some handy former juniors have returned to us and I would go as far to say couple of them will be top 10 in our B&F

Names please?

Be interesting to see if any results changed last weekend if "the true" A grade/B grade played last week?

Anyways this weeks tips

Reynella by as many as they want, 200pts
Brighton by 12, probably the match of the round
Flagstaff by 50
Valleys by 70
Emus by 50
Noarlunga by 18
Lions by 11
Last edited by banterfordays on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby shoe boy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:56 pm

MVale 24 points
Brighton 12 points
Shoes 24 points
Rams 2 points
Reynella 100 points
Vikings 36 points
Falcons 32 points
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Straight Line » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:10 pm

My tips this week
MVale 10 points
Pt Noar 6 points
Shoes 40 points
Rams 18 points
Reynella 150 points
Vikings 36 points
Falcons 180 points
Straight Line
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby 1919 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:40 pm

Front & Centre wrote:Brown Huebner Bruce didn't do preseason for various reasons none of them to do with club Therefore they played first game in B's. New coach wanted to reward those that did do preseason with A grade selection. You will also find Mahar playing in B grade for same reason this week.

Mckenzie? The same bloke who smashed an opponents jaw in a 2013 final? He bought it all upon himself didn't he? An absolute dog act that the Tribunal found him guilty of and all sensible football followers find to be repugnant and gutless. I don't get why you HV posters continue to complain about the treatment he got from spectators, none of it comes close to matching his crime. He should have thought about the repercussions of such a dog act and you HV posters need to accept he did wrong and to suck it up just as the guy with smashed jaw and teeth has had to do...........
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Southern Football League

Postby Turbo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Big win by the Cobras today over Valleys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby banterfordays » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:19 pm

Turbo wrote:Big win by the Cobras today over Valleys

Does this mean another emergency committee meeting for the boys on Taylor road?
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:30 pm

after three rounds Ross has two more wins than season '14 down at OSB. Yes they got spanked by the twisties but after posting a doughnut last year you would think they would be pretty happy down at Lion land.

I woule have thought four wins would have been the upper limit at season start. Perhaps a revised upper limit of six wins?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby MR FOOTY » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:32 pm

Turbo wrote:Big win by the Cobras today over Valleys

Keamy having major impact at HV.....
MR FOOTY
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Down the Hill » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:28 am

WTF is going on with scores in the Sunday Mail. No scores last week and full match details of B grade this week but no A grade. Then they use up valuable space publishing full details of B grade in other leagues. Nice way to spoil my Sunday morning.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:34 am

Down the Hill wrote:WTF is going on with scores in the Sunday Mail. No scores last week and full match details of B grade this week but no A grade. Then they use up valuable space publishing full details of B grade in other leagues. Nice way to spoil my Sunday morning.

Isn't there a 4pm cutoff now?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby King » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:58 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:WTF is going on with scores in the Sunday Mail. No scores last week and full match details of B grade this week but no A grade. Then they use up valuable space publishing full details of B grade in other leagues. Nice way to spoil my Sunday morning.

Isn't there a 4pm cutoff now?

Don't think so LGIL simply because other leagues A Grade results are there.
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL