Salisbury
12%
Westminster OS
12%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:20 pm

This just popped up online:

AN amateur footballer has been suspended for 10 weeks after knocking out an umpire’s tooth during a “reckless” on-field collision.
The Adelaide Football League’s tribunal last night found Eastern Park player Anton Railey guilty of making careless contact with an umpire during the fourth quarter of a division four game against Hectorville at Daly Oval on Saturday.
Eastern Park is planning to appeal the decision within 48 hours.
The tribunal banned Railey for 12 games, though two have been suspended.
It takes his career match bans to 11 games and leaves him on the brink of a league life ban.
The league bans players for life once they are banned for 12 or more matches.
League chief executive John Kernahan said umpires were sacrosanct.
“He’s copped the lower end of the penalty with respect to making contact with an umpire, only because it was considered reckless,” Kernahan said.
“Had it have been deliberate it would have been a lot more.”
Kernahan said Railey and the umpire slammed heads after a ball-up in the centre square.
The umpires then sent Railey off.
Kernahan confirmed the umpire involved in the clash with Railey lost a tooth.
Eastern Park officials would not comment on the incident, pending the possible appeal.
The decision comes less than two years after the league banned former Port Adelaide Power rookie Callum Hay for nine games for making contact with an umpire while playing for Salisbury North in a division one grand final replay.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Boosh » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:57 pm

Is that the Anton that used to play for Pooraka? The only astonishing thing about the above is that he isn't banned for life already.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:00 pm

Boosh wrote:Is that the Anton that used to play for Pooraka? The only astonishing thing about the above is that he isn't banned for life already.

he was actually very mild at pooraka and fit im not sure why they played him under a fake name i think he was registered at eastern park from other year
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:05 pm

They probably didn't play him under another name. The team sheet was probably altered with pen on match day, but nobody has bothered to update it online.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Boosh » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
Boosh wrote:Is that the Anton that used to play for Pooraka? The only astonishing thing about the above is that he isn't banned for life already.

he was actually very mild at pooraka and fit im not sure why they played him under a fake name i think he was registered at eastern park from other year

I saw several haymakers that would suggest otherwise
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby jo172 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:09 pm

Boosh wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:

I wore one from him while he was playing for Pooraka.

Should have hit 12 games a long time ago
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Boosh » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:17 pm

Looks like it was a busy night for Eastern Park, they had another player get games.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:18 pm

jo172 wrote:
Boosh wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:

lets be honest its a 2 way street when scuffles break out and punches are thrown its normally the big dogs from each side and both cant be winners
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:23 pm

jo172 wrote:
Boosh wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:

I'm guessing you used a thesaurus of intellectual insults that ended in cretin during the exchange :D
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 848 times

Postby Boosh » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:24 pm

True but he gets himself in quite a few scuffles and can't be blameless in all of them.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby jo172 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:24 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Boosh wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:

lets be honest its a 2 way street when scuffles break out and punches are thrown its normally the big dogs from each side and both cant be winners

If I'm a dog I'm a Chihuahua rather than a big dog. He was belting blokes looking the other way.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Pag » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:29 pm

Boosh wrote:Looks like it was a busy night for Eastern Park, they had another player get games.

Who was the other, and how many?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Boosh » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:31 pm

Christopher Knapp Attempted Striking 2 Games Head butting 4 Games

I think since it is finalised we can talk about it on here, if not please delete FC.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby wonder_kid » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:24 pm

Lol slamming these guys like they are thugs Ive been told the attemlted striking was a push to the chest and the head butt didnt happen and was a dive that looked bad .. also been told that anton got pushed into the umpire if any of this is true could it be a nother case of northern suburb club being unfairly treated?
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby wonder_kid » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:16 pm

So reckless contact with an umpire in the afl is a $2600 fine but in the saafl is 12 week suspension lol
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:46 pm

wonder_kid wrote:Lol slamming these guys like they are thugs Ive been told the attemlted striking was a push to the chest and the head butt didnt happen and was a dive that looked bad .. also been told that anton got pushed into the umpire if any of this is true could it be a nother case of northern suburb club being unfairly treated?

Yes and my radiator hose split itself and my car decided to do the spontaneous combustion dance when I left their oval :roll:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wonder_kid » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:06 pm

Just what I got told mate I beleive who told me! Doesn't. Really matter much tho! Maybe some umpires need to be suspended for "attempting to umpire"!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby The Rooster » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:14 pm

Reading the comments above from J.Kernahan it would appear that the umpire was collected by accident, Surely this would be a massive deal if there was any suspision that it was deliberate.
He got Twelve games (10 with two pending) which if you go by last years tribunal sentences, means they are Penalising him purely because he made contact with an umpire, which we are not supposed to do.
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:44 pm

wonder_kid wrote:Just what I got told mate I beleive who told me! Doesn't. Really matter much tho! Maybe some umpires need to be suspended for "attempting to umpire"!

Fair enough but I tend to back the league on this one. I have played for nearly 20 years and never been reported or suspended. I wasn't there so I don't know but I have umpired and been hit hard and believe it was no accident. The only time an umpire should be touched is after their game when you shake their hand and say thanks for the game.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:01 am

wristwatcher wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:Just what I got told mate I beleive who told me! Doesn't. Really matter much tho! Maybe some umpires need to be suspended for "attempting to umpire"!

Fair enough but I tend to back the league on this one. I have played for nearly 20 years and never been reported or suspended. I wasn't there so I don't know but I have umpired and been hit hard and believe it was no accident. The only time an umpire should be touched is after their game when you shake their hand and say thanks for the game.

Only"if" they have umpired well......n' cest pas TJ. You don't reward mediocrity.....
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League