Postby Panther Pack » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:12 pm

You voted for it North and you got the loss suck shit
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: Rnd 3- Port v North Saturday, 12.10

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:18 pm

Port too classy and too fit, if they'd kicked straight would have been a lot uglier.
Proud of the effort the North players put in though, good trial game run.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby sjt » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:41 pm

Panther Pack wrote:You voted for it North and you got the loss suck shit

Lucky the 6 folded to their threat to join the saafl, they're adding so much to the sanfl. Great win by the professionals. Hopefully if centrals don't make it, the power can go through undefeated.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby Special One » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:44 pm

Too many passengers for North today. Poor skill level, no work rate and poor decision making. Only having 10 players in double figures for disposal at 3qt tells the story. Most people will come up with excuses saying we are playing against afl footballers! Simply North were just lazy and didn't rock up to play footy.
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:46 pm

Special One wrote:Too many passengers for North today. Poor skill level, no work rate and poor decision making. Only having 10 players in double figures for disposal at 3qt tells the story. Most people will come up with excuses saying we are playing against afl footballers! Simply North were just lazy and didn't rock up to play footy.

Part timers will never be able to get their fitness level anywhere near full time footballers
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:47 pm

Special One wrote:Too many passengers for North today. Poor skill level, no work rate and poor decision making. Only having 10 players in double figures for disposal at 3qt tells the story. Most people will come up with excuses saying we are playing against afl footballers! Simply North were just lazy and didn't rock up to play footy.

It's pretty easy to look lazy when you are playing against professionals who are clearly faster, fitter and stronger than yourself

I compare it a lot to in amatuer soccer if a clubs a grade plays against it's over 35 team

At the grove soccer club our over 35 team are amazing players from the past but unfortunatly there fitness, pace and strength simply doesn't allow them to apply there skill in the game enough to be competitive. They don't get to enough contests and can't chase back as hard as the a grade side runs forward, not through a lack of want
Last edited by whufc on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:48 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Part timers will never be able to get their fitness level anywhere near full time footballers

Yep give any of us on safooty a year of full time trainee with some of the best fitness professionals in world sport (Darren burgess) and it would be pretty hard not to be fitter than the average joe blow
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:55 pm

You said something similar last week too didn't you.
Will this be your standard post through the season whilst you have 17 AFL listed players in your team.
Your way of defending the inequality between your Reserve side and the other real SANFL sides I guess.

I'll wait for your next line "well your club voted for it" as your other justification.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:59 pm

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Yep give any of us on safooty a year of full time trainee with some of the best fitness professionals in world sport (Darren burgess) and it would be pretty hard not to be fitter than the average joe blow

Lol you've not seen me lately. I think it'd take a bit more than a year :)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Ingorudi » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:30 pm

What happend to Johnston no stats to his name.???
Ingorudi
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Special One » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:33 pm

johntheclaret wrote:

Will this be your standard post through the season whilst you have 17 AFL listed players in your team.
Your way of defending the inequality between your Reserve side and the other real SANFL sides I guess.

I'll wait for your next line "well your club voted for it" as your other justification.

I get to see a lot of North games... North are probably one of the most dangerous teams when on the break and when they play direct. At times North play dumb footy especially I lost count how many times they blazed away. Their press was played too high up the field, leaving the forwards too far up the ground. North have too many players with average skill level who can't hit a target for 'semi-professionals'! You see why Spina and Clisby were delisted. North have many to come back in which will fix the team balance issues they have at the moment. Add Obst, Gallman, Amato, Wangerneen and C. Craig in the team, I think they can beat Port.

Of those 17 listed AFL players, how many would barely make a league, how many are just good honest footballers who are only SANFL standard. I'm not a fan of AFL teams, but what other options are their? A former league coach told me this is the best format for the time being cause their were too many restrictions regarding AFL listed players. People need to get over it and live with it. There is no perfect world, just have to live with it and support your team. Without that support grass roots teams in your zone going to suffer and those kids have no one to idolize. For example, kids in Port augusta look up to Shillabeer, kids in Port Pire look up to Johnston and kids in Ardrossan look up to Lodge.
Special One
Rookie

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:34 pm

Ingorudi wrote:What happend to Johnston no stats to his name.???

Went down with an ankle early on and didn't come back. Our forward line struggled for direction after that.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Special One » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:37 pm

I was told his ankle went pop! It also had nothing to do with the awful surface they played on, that surface was worst then most SAAFL grounds. Players I was talking to after the game weren't happy with the uneven surface.
Special One
Rookie

Postby Ian » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:38 pm

Tripped owe his own feet running backwards
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Ian » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:39 pm

I can' wait for the day the AFL reserves smash your hybrid club
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:45 pm

Special One wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

I get to see a lot of North games... North are probably one of the most dangerous teams when on the break and when they play direct. At times North play dumb footy especially I lost count how many times they blazed away. Their press was played too high up the field, leaving the forwards too far up the ground. North have too many players with average skill level who can't hit a target for 'semi-professionals'! You see why Spina and Clisby were delisted. North have many to come back in which will fix the team balance issues they have at the moment. Add Obst, Gallman, Amato, Wangerneen and C. Craig in the team, I think they can beat Port.

Of those 17 listed AFL players, how many would barely make a league, how many are just good honest footballers who are only SANFL standard. I'm not a fan of AFL teams, but what other options are their? A former league coach told me this is the best format for the time being cause their were too many restrictions regarding AFL listed players. People need to get over it and live with it. There is no perfect world, just have to live with it and support your team. Without that support grass roots teams in your zone going to suffer and those kids have no one to idolize. For example, kids in Port augusta look up to Shillabeer, kids in Port Pire look up to Johnston and kids in Ardrossan look up to Lodge.

Plenty of options, kicking them out for a start.
At the very minimum there should be a cap of 10 AFL listed players each week and the top ups all u21
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:50 pm

Injured right at the start and took no further part
I think it was his ankle
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby VALE PARK » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:57 pm

To my mind handball and especially not surprising,kicking skills win football matches.
Norwood still have the edge in these areas hence their continued success.
Until other teams wake up and catch up in junior skill coaching and development the red legs will stay in front of the field.
It's early but I notice Norwood are easily leading the U 16 comp again!
Keep working on those skills.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:24 pm

Special One wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

I've said it before and i'll say it again, you really are a special one arnt you
**** em off
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby wild dog » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:30 pm

Game looked good on the tv and I was surprised at Norths size and speed. Geez Schillabeer really is a find and he easily kicks a ball 55m+. Power reserves at this time of the year look like they have the flag, but we know injuries later on and selection dilemmas later on in the year if their A team make the VFL finals. Its a joke, but what can you do. For me North look like a threat for the genuine SANFL flag.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL