Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:47 pm

Tips for the week
United by 5 goals. Really looking forward to it. Round 1 (for us) is always an exciting time of year.
Mallala by 15 goals. They look the best side in the comp by a long way on paper.
Two Wells by 3 goals. For mine TW with the better midfield, but they need them to kick their goals.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:17 pm

United by 69 points - talk of finals is rampant out in the shadows of the water tower ATM. Understandably there is a lot of expectation and excitment from within this season. A new look K. Ettridge to kick 6 and Wade Thompson to kick 7.
Mallala by 9 points - Balak are always a handful for the pies.
Two Wells by 38 points - As usual, Two Wells' good early-season form to get them over the Rams, comfortably.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Mythical Creature » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:51 am

Mythical Creature wrote:Tips for the week
United by 5 goals. Really looking forward to it. Round 1 (for us) is always an exciting time of year.
Mallala by 15 goals. They look the best side in the comp by a long way on paper.
Two Wells by 3 goals. For mine TW with the better midfield, but they need them to kick their goals.

3 from 3 with the margins for the first 2 games spot on.
Missed the two wells margin but was correct with midfielders kicking their goals.
;)
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby footy4life » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:19 pm

Any truth to the rumour young Lachlan Ireland is moving back to play football at Hamley for a fair bit of coin? Last i heard he played 2 games as a top up player for Gold Coast Reserves
footy4life
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:30 am

footy4life wrote:Any truth to the rumour young Lachlan Ireland is moving back to play football at Hamley for a fair bit of coin? Last i heard he played 2 games as a top up player for Gold Coast Reserves

Does he have a career advisor?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby Useless » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:51 am

Heard the balak/mallala clash had a few incidents over the weekend. any willing to comment?
Useless

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby footy4life » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:42 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:
footy4life wrote:Any truth to the rumour young Lachlan Ireland is moving back to play football at Hamley for a fair bit of coin? Last i heard he played 2 games as a top up player for Gold Coast Reserves

I heard he may have been given a secondment as a manager for baggage handlers at the airport
footy4life
Mini-League

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:46 am

Useless wrote:Heard the balak/mallala clash had a few incidents over the weekend. any willing to comment?

Lets just say it was pretty clear that the new Balak coach (former Kadina) had seen Nigel Osborn play before - there were some ugly incidents, that included a few square ups. The beneficiaries of this approach were the other 5-6 Mallala onballers :D
Last edited by Swamp Donkey on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby FrancisGilbertHamley » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:31 pm

footy4life wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

I heard he may have been given a secondment as a manager for baggage handlers at the airport

Lachlan is that you?
Some folks are wise and some are otherwise.
FrancisGilbertHamley
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby footy4life » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:46 pm

FrancisGilbertHamley wrote:
footy4life wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Lachlan is that you?

Its not Lachlan, just a family friend that has heard he is moving back
footy4life
Mini-League

Postby Useless » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:34 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Useless wrote:Heard the balak/mallala clash had a few incidents over the weekend. any willing to comment?

Lets just say it was pretty clear that the new Balak coach (former Kadina) had seen Nigel Osborn play before - there were some ugly incidents, that included a few square ups. The beneficiaries of this approach were the other 5-6 Mallala onballers :D

also heard that someone may have coped a yarren?
Useless

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Snags » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Virginia vs two wells was a great game of footy in remembrance of Terry Markou who played footy at both of the clubs. Two wells skills and run out of the back line was just to damaging for Virginia to keep up. Game was played in good spirits and Ned seccafien was awarded the best on ground medallion.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Snags » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Ben Slattery is the next hayden walker of this league, calling it now. Minus the white line fever.
Snags
Under 16s

Postby OnSong » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:51 am

Snags wrote:Ben Slattery is the next hayden walker of this league, calling it now. Minus the white line fever.

Hayden Walker without white line fever is not Hayden Walker. :lol:
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby ramsgate » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Wandered across for the game Saturday and it was amazing tackle pressure from the Wells boys but won't be easy playing at that level all year. Rams better team than that though.
ramsgate
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:19 pm

Anyone know how the 2 mallala guys got on at the tribunal tonight?
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Ace of Spades » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:05 pm

I think it was last night, 1 player, free to play.
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:51 am

ramsgate wrote:Wandered across for the game Saturday and it was amazing tackle pressure from the Wells boys but won't be easy playing at that level all year. Rams better team than that though.

Were both sides at full strength? Very surprised at the lack of goals to Virginia. Shows how good the Two Wells midfield and backline is, considering scoring goals is never too much of a problem for Virginia.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:01 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
ramsgate wrote:Wandered across for the game Saturday and it was amazing tackle pressure from the Wells boys but won't be easy playing at that level all year. Rams better team than that though.

Were both sides at full strength? Very surprised at the lack of goals to Virginia. Shows how good the Two Wells midfield and backline is, considering scoring goals is never too much of a problem for Virginia.

The conditions were appalling where I was, given their geographical location I'd be imagining it was pretty bleak at Virginia.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Snags » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:28 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

The conditions were appalling where I was, given their geographical location I'd be imagining it was pretty bleak at Virginia.

First half was perfect for footy but when they came out after half time it was pissing down. Andrew Hardiman played on big Nik and gave him a bath and young Brandon daly played on Ross and kept Ross to 2 kicks for the day. They seem to be virginias only avenue to goal.
Snags
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy