Golden Grove
6%
SMOSH West Lakes
6%

Total votes : 35

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Postby TEX07 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:20 pm

marbles wrote:
Trader wrote:Those unexpected variables are great, it increases the game time for the remaining 24 players!
It's rare with D-graders that you make it through a half without an injury, let alone the full game.
Normally by 1/4 time the ruck rotation has already moved to the forward pocket with the first injury.

d graders sure, seven 40 year olds on the bench, its a good thing for them to just play 2 quarters

but a cgrader side full of 18/19 year old kids how long ya think theyre gonna stick around getting splinters in their ass every week

and then consider the 19 year old individual.... trains twice a week, sacrifices these 2 nights for his club, goes to a physio (spends $50), maybe goes to a chiro (spends $50), buys socks, shorts, doesnt go out on a friday night for footy sake, then pays a match fee ($10), pays petrol to get to games & to training.... and ALL so he can spend 47 minutes on the ground in an 88 minute football game, spending the remaining time on the bench depressed as f##k

is it really worth the effort busting your ass all week for 2 quarters of footy

In my opinion if we didnt have 25 players on the bench we would lose a number of players altogether. The beauty of the bigger bench is that in D8R especially you have room to put on that guy that is really not all that good and he just wants to play footy. If we had 21 as in other grades over the two sides 8 players get no game at all. Could argue that if you have 8 left over there is only another 13 and you have an E grade, but who has these numbers except a few clubs. Im 36 years old and slowing down rapidly - having the extra bench gives me a chance to play a few more years before the cook gets her way and I retire! Getting rotations is hard but most make it work as far as I can see.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:25 pm

heater31 wrote:If a 20 year old kid is spending $100 per week for medically trained professionals to treat him so he can play footy then maybe the kid should be finding another sport to play. It's one of the reasons why I stopped playing at 23, the continual visits to physios and rehabbing a chronic hamstring injury when it was Football that was the root cause of the injury. Time to give it way....

Have you cured your softcockitis?

Just kidding, please don't ban me.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby heater31 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:29 pm

Q. wrote:
heater31 wrote:If a 20 year old kid is spending $100 per week for medically trained professionals to treat him so he can play footy then maybe the kid should be finding another sport to play. It's one of the reasons why I stopped playing at 23, the continual visits to physios and rehabbing a chronic hamstring injury when it was Football that was the root cause of the injury. Time to give it way....

Get Fugged!

Went and played other sports that developed new injuries that required surgery........

The string whilst still not great it is manageable. At least kicking the footy won't aggravate it on a weekly basis :roll: :oops:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:31 pm

heater31 wrote:
Q. wrote:

Get Fugged!

Went and played other sports that developed new injuries that required surgery........

The string whilst still not great it is manageable. At least kicking the footy won't aggravate it on a weekly basis :roll: :oops:

You and Shaun Higgins must both be made of balsa wood :lol:
Q.
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:31 pm

marbles wrote:i know the idea means well, but for the individual, the product on offer (to spend most games on the bench) is mediocre & un-inviting & eventually a depressing day out for each individual who just wants to play footy

Don't get bitter, get better
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:45 pm

In a dgrade 25 would be ok as it accommodates elderly players such as yourself - half a game is sufficient

But in my personal opinion I would rather field my best 21 and have 5 or 6 hungry players missing out now and again, than to have 15 half depressed kids sitting around bored. Rather hav them fighting for spots than to be a charity case offering 2 quarters for all!!
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:48 pm

yeah but kids nowdays crack the sads if everyone doesn't get a go.

Welcome to the everyone wins generation.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:56 pm

Footy Chick wrote:yeah but kids nowdays crack the sads if everyone doesn't get a go.

:) so your son comes home for third week in a row cracks a tantrum smashes his room up says "they sat me on the bench for half a game again!, 3 weeks in a f##ken row!!"

Are u gonna say welcome to the everyone wins generation son :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Cohiba » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:41 pm

marbles wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:yeah but kids nowdays crack the sads if everyone doesn't get a go.

:) so your son comes home for third week in a row cracks a tantrum smashes his room up says "they sat me on the bench for half a game again!, 3 weeks in a f##ken row!!"

That's why they have Clearance Applications. If the seats are uncomfortable....shift..... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby TEX07 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:51 pm

marbles wrote:

I can remember playing a game in my first year at Kilburn back in 97 where we had 21 players when I was just 18 - spent the entire game on the bench, did not get a second on the field. I went to my coach after the game and asked why and the common term match ups was used and the game was close and couldnt get me on - the next week I was dropped to the C grade and named as emergency in the B grade, got a late call up, played and was second best on ground, finished third in the B grade B&F later that year. Now days if this happened these guys do get the sooks and leave and go to another club. All keeping me on the bench that one game did was make me keener to prove the guy wrong - this is what I teach my son and not to have the "life has to be fair" attitude - if you want more game time, work on your game - if your only getting a half, ask why and work on it.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby marbles » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:16 am

TEX07 wrote:I can remember playing a game in my first year at Kilburn back in 97 where we had 21 players when I was just 18 - spent the entire game on the bench, did not get a second on the field. I went to my coach after the game and asked why and the common term match ups was used and the game was close and couldnt get me on - the next week I was dropped to the C grade and named as emergency in the B grade, got a late call up, played and was second best on ground, finished third in the B grade B&F later that year. Now days if this happened these guys do get the sooks and leave and go to another club. All keeping me on the bench that one game did was make me keener to prove the guy wrong - this is what I teach my son and not to have the "life has to be fair" attitude - if you want more game time, work on your game - if your only getting a half, ask why and work on it.

i agree with u totally but your missing the point

when theres 25 in your side it isnt a fight for spots, its a charity environment where every fairy gets a piece of the pie, and the pie gets shared around so much that inevitably the majority of the players get sweet f-all.... 2 quarters at best infact

now a side of 21 on the other hand where you have to earn your spot, and if you get one you HAVE to perform else your out again next week is a totally different environment. you play your best 21 best rather than hey lets just play our whole squad
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:32 am

Then only pick 21 FFS.

Nobody is making you pick 25.
Q.
Coach

Postby jo172 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:09 am

Marbles, are you noting a common theme in interpreting a problem with Henley's internal policies (say playing your 3rd strongest side in D Grade, not rotating 25 players in your C Grade) as a problem in the League's rules?

Seems to work fine for everyone else
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby marbles » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 am

jo172 wrote:Marbles, are you noting a common theme in interpreting a problem with Henley's internal policies (say playing your 3rd strongest side in D Grade, not rotating 25 players in your C Grade) as a problem in the League's rules?

Seems to work fine for everyone else

Completely incorrect. First your just taking pot shots at my club to stir the post with false assumptions.

There is 1 dgrader from last season in this years cgrade. At no point did we ever play our 3rd best side in the dgrade. That is a myth.

Secondly there is no rotational issue anywhere. I merely stating that with 25 blokes on a team up to 15 of those players will barely get to play 2 quarters in a match

I not asking for a rule change, and of course I'm aware we don't have to play 25

Its merely a discussion on the concept of playing 25 players and the consequence on the 15 effected individuals who spend most of the day on the bench.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:43 am

But your points have been rebuked. With a 25 man team, an even and set amount of rotations means that players get just over 70% game time.
Q.
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:46 am

marbles wrote:

He should have his own place by then.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby marbles » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:53 am

Q. wrote:But your points have been rebuked. With a 25 man team, an even and set amount of rotations means that players get just over 70% game time.

Yeah sure. When u live with the pixies 70% on the ground is always gonna happen
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:02 am

marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:But your points have been rebuked. With a 25 man team, an even and set amount of rotations means that players get just over 70% game time.

Should be more if pixies are playing, they'd struggle to run a game out I'd imagine.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Q. » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:02 am

marbles wrote:

But you're also citing worse case scenario, where 7 only swap with another 7. It just doesn't happen. Not at other clubs anyway.
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:58 am

Its hard to gather a true feel of what its like until u physically sit on a bench and spectate/observe the players bored shitless hanging around a bench knowing they're all gonna get sweet f##k all time on the ground

Q as a captain or anyone with any empathy for for team mates or brothers will soon see that its not an enjoyable day out for the individual

Sitting more than a quarter on the bench is generally a depressing day out for anyone who busts his ass all week waiting for the big game on Saturday

25 players means at least 10 individuals are gonna hav a shit boring day out.
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League