Rnd 3 - Eagles v Norwood Sunday 2.10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 3 - Eagles v Norwood Sunday 2.10

Postby Mickyj » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:22 am

Brendan M wrote:Conditions were also very difficult wind wise and the Eagles adapted better - local knowledge. Norwood couldn't convert outside of 30m. Conditions also didn't help the 5 contestants vying for the little car at half time. Peter Hudson (who played at this ground once) would have struggled to land a Sherrin into a car sunroof measuring about 10 square inches from 30 metres out. Just to make it easier the 7 foot Eagles mascot was standing the mark. That car was safe!

That's an interestings point the wind has been a major issue the last few years . When it blows from that direction lots of out on the full on the far side when kicking out from full back.
And the umpires still stand looking into the sun when the balls on the grandstands side .
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:49 am

Surely Sammy Martyn showed his worth on Sunday. His run and carry, along with Batley is vital for an Eagles side who have been often criticised in the past for lacking pace.. Petrenko was super on the weekend, his run and strength at the contest took the attention off Boyd and gave him free reign to do as he does best, accumulate the ball at will.. Good too see the Eagles kick a winning score without Ainger or Wundke contributing too much on the scoreboard. Like Goldsworthys ball use off half back, left foot is a cannon.. Thompson is a massive in for that defence as well, is a top line defender at SANFL level
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Columbo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:56 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Brendan M wrote:Conditions were also very difficult wind wise and the Eagles adapted better - local knowledge. Norwood couldn't convert outside of 30m. Conditions also didn't help the 5 contestants vying for the little car at half time. Peter Hudson (who played at this ground once) would have struggled to land a Sherrin into a car sunroof measuring about 10 square inches from 30 metres out. Just to make it easier the 7 foot Eagles mascot was standing the mark. That car was safe!

That's an interestings point the wind has been a major issue the last few years . When it blows from that direction lots of out on the full on the far side when kicking out from full back.
And the umpires still stand looking into the sun when the balls on the grandstands side .

There were quite a few kicks that went out on the full on Sunday, interestingly the same thing happened in the trial game at Norwood a few weeks back and many of them were coming out of defence that night also.
Trust the process.
Columbo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:36 pm

LPH wrote:
Aerie wrote:Caught some of this on the radio. Any promising Salisbury West juniors on show in the mini-league at half time?

I get the joke Aerie 8) LOL

I don't, please explain it to me???
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:42 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
LPH wrote:
Aerie wrote:Caught some of this on the radio. Any promising Salisbury West juniors on show in the mini-league at half time?

Eagles have taken most of Port's Metro zone. Whilst Glenelg get Henley and West Beach......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:42 pm

holden78 wrote:
JK wrote:
holden78 wrote:Hopefully all other teams watch closely this game and realise Norwood shite gamestyle of backwards first and endless switching isn't worth two knobs of goat shite without real top line players finishing off!
Once stood up to man on man they simply aren't capable of all out attack, it was pathetic........ 11 goals to 0 deep into the 3rd quarter :oops:

It's won three consecutive premierships but it's an uneffective game style? :shock: (won't argue that it's not particularly attractive to watch)

We got out "Norwooded" by the Eagles yesterday, but I'm not sure a) how many other teams have the cattle to do it as well as the Eagles did and b) that we'll succumb that poorly to it again (freaking hope not). In the past 2 seasons we've been a far better side in the second half of the season, so hopefully that can happen again.

Well and truly pantsed yesterday, but Im not prepared to write us off on the back of one game.

True enough.
Also have to mention luv how your lot stick up for Allen with a reserved determination, even though we all know he is a North player :shock:

2 of the worst posts I have read back to back. The 3 time premier is rubbish and there players don't play for them :roll: you have to be trolling
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:46 pm

heater31 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
LPH wrote:

Eagles have taken most of Port's Metro zone. Whilst Glenelg get Henley and West Beach......

Oh Ok, I had hoped I was missing something funnier but it was a zoning reference. Thanks for clarifying.
wristwatcher
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL