Diary of some pregnant blokes

Anything!

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:12 am

wristwatcher wrote:
valleys07 wrote:The Wristwatcher to become a father!!

Congratulations bud- stoked for you & the better half!

Cheers mate. I could probably have not done it without her. I. Not overly thrilled with all the praise being heaped on lady Wristy. Let's be honest the Wristy was the catalyst.

I haven't read back yet but will be interested too do so.

Just to clarify there are about 20 scans, 5 ultra sounds, 50 appointments and I basically now transfer my pay direct to the obstetrician. Had to laugh when I saw the visit at 24 weeks costs $1,600. The greatest moment in my life will no doubt come in early October... And after Port win the flag I will also have a baby ;) but gee whiz I had no idea it cost thousands to have a kid. Certainly not complaining and I would sell my kidney for this but I have a question.

How do some girls at Davoren Park and at Salisbury interchange have 3 children??? What am I missing.

Congratulations mate. Enjoy the ride...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:20 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Cheers mate. I could probably have not done it without her. I. Not overly thrilled with all the praise being heaped on lady Wristy. Let's be honest the Wristy was the catalyst.

Just to clarify there are about 20 scans, 5 ultra sounds, 50 appointments and I basically now transfer my pay direct to the obstetrician. Had to laugh when I saw the visit at 24 weeks costs $1,600. The greatest moment in my life will no doubt come in early October... And after Port win the flag I will also have a baby ;) but gee whiz I had no idea it cost thousands to have a kid. Certainly not complaining and I would sell my kidney for this but I have a question.

How do some girls at Davoren Park and at Salisbury interchange have 3 children??? What am I missing.

Congratulations mate. Enjoy the ride...

I can only assume he did.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:21 am

wristwatcher wrote:

Centrelink benefits?

Congratulations mate, great news. As for "Wristys", get used to it. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:53 am

Well done Wristman!! (Booney gives sage advice btw)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:50 pm

wristwatcher wrote:How do some girls at Davoren Park and at Salisbury interchange have 3 children??? What am I missing.

Cos they did it 3 times?

Congratulations, by the way.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:55 pm

also the public sector is free...

have paid zero $$$$ for my 2 girls...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:10 pm

Congratulations again WW,

Nice to know that mini MBK will have some back up on the streets on Ingle Farm!
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby the milky bar kid » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:16 pm

As for the diary,

Well, after a good 10-15 years without visiting a doctor, the oncoming Mini MBK has prompted me to get myself in order, checked & vaccines up to date.

The toughest part of the process so far (thanks to Mrs MBK being an absolute star baby carrier), has been sitting at the Drs as I was lectured about every life decision I make from alcohol, to caffiene, to exercise, to weight. I may carry 1-2 kg's more than I should, but to be told I was 11 kgs over what I should be :shock: I haven't been that weight since I was 15, even when I was a skinny teenager, who comes up with these guidelines?!!?

So in summary, process good, judgemental dr bad
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:39 pm

So how are all the new(ish) dads going?

My daughter is 7 & 1/2 months and it’s a brilliant time as far as development and interaction. The smile when you get home from work, the clapping hands, the high 5s and the waves make working all day worth it. Watching her commando crawl quicker than I can walk, her playing with her toys, looking at books etc just defies belief that someone can be so young yet watching your every move and looking to learn new things.

Being a dad is the best!

Also having an amazing wife/mother is very handy ;)
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:23 pm

Any advice on dealing with the mood swings....apart from try not to be a prick

I'm getting love, hate, joy, laughter, sadness at the flick of a switch all in a short space some nights
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:35 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Any advice on dealing with the mood swings....apart from try not to be a prick

I'm getting love, hate, joy, laughter, sadness at the flick of a switch all in a short space some nights

Interesting dilemma you face.

You're going to need chocolate, a stash of it hidden like the old "Break glass in case of emergency" cabinets. Whatever you do though, DO NOT bring this to the table when she's feeling *ahem* larger than normal. Don't even have the scent of it on you, you're dead man walking otherwise.

You'll also need something comfortable, with winter coming I'd suggest slippers or a nice blanket and pillow for the lounge. A novelty coffee mug, you know, "Best wife ever" or "Worlds Greatest Mrs", something like that, she'll love it.

Ideally a set top box/recorder. There is bound to be moments when she wants to tell you "how she's feeling about all this". Don't hit pause on the TV....oh no sir, that'll will be the end of your natural born life. I suggest a sneaky press of the "record" button, a quick,very quick glance at the set to ensure the little "R" is confirmed, then straight back to listening.

Finally you will want to know the location of your car keys. These are used if and when any of the above haven't cut the mustard and you want to get the **** out of there!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:36 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Any advice on dealing with the mood swings....apart from try not to be a prick

ahhh the joys. I was lucky my wife didnt experience mood swings to great extent although they did happen a bit. I just made my self 'available' as much as I could ie missing a few trainings, if she thought I had plans with mates I would suprise her and change them and do a breakfast/lunch with her or something. Do a few things over and above what you would normally do (try and get some credits in the bank :D ).
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:39 pm

Booney wrote:

You're going to need chocolate, a stash of it hidden like the old "Break glass in case of emergency" cabinets. Whatever you do though, DO NOT bring this to the table when she's feeling *ahem* larger than normal. Don't even have the scent of it on you, you're dead man walking otherwise.

You'll also need something comfortable, with winter coming I'd suggest slippers or a nice blanket and pillow for the lounge. A novelty coffee mug, you know, "Best wife ever" or "Worlds Greatest Mrs", something like that, she'll love it.

Ideally a set top box/recorder. There is bound to be moments when she wants to tell you "how she's feeling about all this". Don't hit pause on the TV....oh no sir, that'll will be the end of your natural born life. I suggest a sneaky press of the "record" button, a quick,very quick glance at the set to ensure the little "R" is confirmed, then straight back to listening.

Finally you will want to know the location of your car keys. These are used if and when any of the above haven't cut the mustard and you want to get the **** out of there!

Yep the chocolate stash is a must. For her to chose when she wants it. Dont under ANY circumstance eat the last chocolate. Always re stock it if it goes below 3 whole blocks just to be safe :D
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Sounds like my missus - except she's not pregnant....
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5483 times
Been liked: 5122 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:42 pm

WHAT EVER you do on her last day of work prior to starting maternity leave DO NOT ask "are you looking forward to your holidays?"
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:47 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:WHAT EVER you do on her last day of work prior to starting maternity leave DO NOT ask "are you looking forward to your holidays?"

GOLD.... :lol:

Are they still swollen?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:56 pm

Booney wrote:

Thankfully I have put most of these in place.

Check on the blanket, pillow and chocolate. Have Foxtel IQ and tend to watch my program's after she goes to bed which is about 2 hours earlier than pre- preg. Made the mistake of eating the 3 red frogs left in a packet she had knocked off once and learnt that lesson.

Another crucial lesson I should share....
Mrs - "I'm Bored!"
Me - "Maybe you could have a crack at some of the housework"
In hindsight I did not choose my words well :oops:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:01 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Booney wrote:

Check on the blanket, pillow and chocolate. Have Foxtel IQ and tend to watch my program's after she goes to bed which is about 2 hours earlier than pre- preg. Made the mistake of eating the 3 red frogs left in a packet she had knocked off once and learnt that lesson.

Mrs - "I'm Bored!"

I found I only made mistakes once while she was preg. Normally i run the gauntlet a few times ie eat the last frogs :lol:

Also, when they are maternity leave, dont give them jobs to do while your at 'work' ie 'can you ring the electricity company or can you pay those bills when you get a moment'. just do them yourself and saves the sh*t fight :D
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:03 pm

wristwatcher wrote:

Mrs - "I'm Bored!"

Sounds like a day in my life, minus the impending fatherhood.

With the second lesson, both Mrs. Creation and I can get on both sides of this argument.

For instance, before she left for work yesterday morning, she asked me to give the dishes a run in the dishwasher. Fair enough, I've got **** all to do, I'll give it a shot. When she got home from work, she heaped praise on me for actually doing what I'd been asked. Usually I'd have a nap instead.

The praise lasted until she actually opened the dishwasher after I cooked dinner. She gave me a heap of shit for not loading it to her liking.

If she wanted it done to her standards, why the hell didn't she do it in the first place? Would you guys let someone do a job for you if you knew it would be of inferior quality?
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:07 pm

Spot on
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11844 times
Been liked: 3600 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion