HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby The Gimp » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Pretty certain you lost everyone with your waffle Legsman!
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby lovethefooty » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:17 pm

i propose a moratorium on the following topics.....
"buying" a premiership
uneven points allowances

and encourage some discussion on football....
lovethefooty
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Legs Man » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:50 pm

The Gimp wrote:Pretty certain you lost everyone with your waffle Legsman!

Sorry - probably a bit long winded trying to cover off lots of components in one comment.
Juniors really seems to be the most pertinent aspect facing our competition.
Always going to be hard to combat due to the league makeup and clubs participating.

Should be another cracking round of matches this weekend.
Have the junior matches been scheduled differently to accommodate 100th Anzac day?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby running defender » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:17 pm

yes ----legs man----stop the waffle you are a perfect candidate as a hills director ---
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Legs Man » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:03 pm

running defender wrote:yes ----legs man----stop the waffle you are a perfect candidate as a hills director ---

Now that is as far fetched as it gets! [-X

I would only be following YP's lead - as he has made the most sense to date - and taking away the capacity from the clubs to define the league's future.
Make some hard calls and get rid of the "my backyard" mentality and self interest.

Reckon YP is your man RD =D>
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby running defender » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:53 pm

We shouldn't even worry about the premiership table, the stupid mortgage shield is more important. Maybe Owen in next weeks budget in the what's hot , what's not column can put the club shield, APPs points system, and whats hot Echunga, Uraidla and T/Valley fielding all 4 sides every sat .
How bad is motlops hand or finger? What coach is under pressure at this stage of the season?
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times

Postby On The Chest » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:44 am

lovethefooty wrote:i propose a moratorium on the following topics.....
"buying" a premiership
uneven points allowances

Maybe there could be a separate topic that relates to point system, buying premierships, relegation. I enjoy the Hills football and comments about games, players, etc but just about had a gutsful of the same ol shit that's been repeated for a couple years.
When I open up the site I see who has made the last comment. If it's a couple that feature on here very often, I couldn't be bothered even having a look.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby The Gimp » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:48 am

On The Chest wrote:
lovethefooty wrote:i propose a moratorium on the following topics.....
"buying" a premiership
uneven points allowances

Maybe there could be a separate topic that relates to point system, buying premierships, relegation. I enjoy the Hills football and comments about games, players, etc but just about had a gutsful of the same ol shit that's been repeated for a couple years.
When I open up the site I see who has made the last comment. If it's a couple that feature on here very often, I couldn't be bothered even having a look.

Thanks for your input about a new topic :roll:
These issues are heavily discussed because they are the most important issues the HFL is facing at the moment.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby lovethefooty » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:53 am

i dont want to speak for on the chest, but i think that is in part his point.
the most important issues in the hfl league is what is happening on the field...surely???
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby batmanbegins » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:03 pm

Another cracking weekend of footy coming this saturday on a very important day in Australian history, always great to go to a service in the morning then head to the footy afterwards. My tips for the weekend;
Ironbank V Blackwood- Big rivalry game between the two neighboring clubs, Hugely important also as both teams are 1 and 1 after two rounds. Bricknell appears to be dominating for blackwood and will be important to stop for the thunderers. Dundovic was kept quiet on the weekend but it's hard to see him having two poor games on the trot , whilst for the bankers Motlop will be out which is a big blow but hopefully we can get a couple back this weekend from injury to somewhat cover his loss. De visser has been very good to start the year and blackwood would be sure to put in some effort to stoping his influence. In the wet conditions blackwood may be suited with their bigger bodies also. Blackwood by 2 goals.
Echunga V Uraidla- Well this should be a cracker and I'm sure both teams would be chomping at the bit for this saturday. Going to be a feisty affair and both mclean brothers will be up and about after last years GF as they are both angry men. However, echunga are rolling at the moment and with harland and aish dominating up forward are hard to stop, which is why the midfield battle is key and that begins with Cranna versus down which goes along way to who wins the game. Not sure if Carey will play due to crows again which is a key loss but this will be a close tight affair. Echunga by 1 point.
Onkas V Lobethal- Two teams in desperate need for a win. Lobethal have had a horror start to the year after being touted as a premiership chance but it shows how good this comp is, if you dont turn up on any given day you will not win. In saying that Lobe are to good not to bounce back, Tim jenkins appears to be in fine form just needs the others like baust and bampton to lift with him. Onkas are struggling with injuries again and need tanner, woolford, green and hausler back asap. There 4 of their best 8 players, if they return this week onkas are a chance especially in the wet as lobe cant use their running game to good affect. Lobethal by 2 goals, however if onkas get some players back wouldnt be surprised if they won in the wet.
Hahndorf V Barker- Barker have kicked goals in only 2 quarters this year which is frankly amazing with the talent they have. I know they have a couple out but there not coming back soon by all accounts and they need to lift desperately, They have played the top two teams however so there draw will get easier. Hahndorf had a great win on the weekend and will add handby to the mix this weekend which will help in the wet especially. I cant see Barker winning again, they appear to be leaving it to to few in hughes and the kid with the long last name, whereas hahndorf have had many contributors and are always tough to beat in the wet. Hahndorf by 3 goals.
Lofty V Torrens- Seeing lofty firsthand they are well coached and pressure fantastically well. In sunny conditions against TV they would have no chance as they dont have the key defenders to stop their forward line but if its wet and muddy lofty are a big chance as they are big and tough in the middle led by miles and have some crafty small forwards that get to the feet of nielsen. Still TV have some quality mids and montgomery appears to be dominating to go along side O'sullivan which is going to be hard to stop, add to that renshaw down back and they have class all over the field. Lofty will make TV sweat in the wet but will win by 2 goals.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby lovethefooty » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:15 pm

great stuff caped crusader!!!!!
good summaries i reckon.
looks like a bit of a topsy turvy comp.
anyone can win on any given day.
the uraidla v echunga game should be a cracker.
looking forward to seeing mt barker and hahndorf.
some really good football played by hahndorf last week.
consistency and continuity the key!!!(as always)
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby flanker » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:56 am

While having a look at the HFL site I've noticed that the scores for mini colts have now been adjusted. On the back of some 20 goal floggings in the first two weeks, it now appears that there is a maximum 10-goal win rule with scores scaled back if over this margin. Also notice that TV have withdrawn their team for the remainder of the season which really bodes well for their future....
flanker
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby lovethefooty » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:07 am

the inbalance in the colts competitions is not a new one. I guess in most comps every year it is a bit the same.
I am not sure anyone knows the answer.
I am reasonably sure that the people at torrens valley are trying very hard to develop there juniors, and at the very least field teams, and they are not the only club in this position.

if anyone has a legitimate solution I am sure we would all like to hear it.
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby cracka » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:27 pm

flanker wrote:While having a look at the HFL site I've noticed that the scores for mini colts have now been adjusted. On the back of some 20 goal floggings in the first two weeks, it now appears that there is a maximum 10-goal win rule with scores scaled back if over this margin. Also notice that TV have withdrawn their team for the remainder of the season which really bodes well for their future....

That rule was brought in & used last year.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby flanker » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:43 pm

cracka wrote:
flanker wrote:While having a look at the HFL site I've noticed that the scores for mini colts have now been adjusted. On the back of some 20 goal floggings in the first two weeks, it now appears that there is a maximum 10-goal win rule with scores scaled back if over this margin. Also notice that TV have withdrawn their team for the remainder of the season which really bodes well for their future....

That rule was brought in & used last year.

So it was! I'd never noticed it before.
flanker
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:48 pm

Its almost impossible for smaller clubs to compete every year against the bigger populated towns. I think putting a cap on players per team of 28-30 is one way but then you could argue that the kids that dont get in their preferred team just wont play footy, so it's a difficult one.
It goes in circles in juniors though, Uraidla were very strong a few years back and appear to be getting back on track with decent numbers, echunga also are looking better. Last year we had every side in the finals but this year we may struggle a bit as a lot of kids went up a grade. TV also had good juniors a few years ago but dont have mini colts to under 8s now which is a worry. You cant stop lopsided results in juniors but ensuring each club has decent numbers is important.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Legs Man » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:01 pm

batmanbegins wrote:Its almost impossible for smaller clubs to compete every year against the bigger populated towns. I think putting a cap on players per team of 28-30 is one way but then you could argue that the kids that dont get in their preferred team just wont play footy, so it's a difficult one.
It goes in circles in juniors though, Uraidla were very strong a few years back and appear to be getting back on track with decent numbers, echunga also are looking better. Last year we had every side in the finals but this year we may struggle a bit as a lot of kids went up a grade. TV also had good juniors a few years ago but dont have mini colts to under 8s now which is a worry. You cant stop lopsided results in juniors but ensuring each club has decent numbers is important.

Population in each town varies so much and it tends to reflect in the scores - hard to combat this.
The most crucial thing IMO is a club going as one each weekend with colts teams prior the seniors at one venue.
This applies across both Div 1 & 2. (if you cant field the 4 sides you play Div 3)
I have no doubt all clubs are doing their utmost in the junior development and participation area.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby youngpace » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:56 pm

batmanbegins wrote:Its almost impossible for smaller it faor for the kodslubs to compete every year against the bigger populated towns. I think putting a cap on players per team of 28-30 is one way but then you could argue that the kids that dont get i just wont play footy, so it's a difficult one.

The cap is the "easiest fix". I agree the danger of it resulting in kids leaving the game is a worrie. A new approach just struck me.
"Filler rotation"
All junior team sheets to be sent in thurs pm. With up to 23 players. The excess "fillers" are also submitted.
Fri the league allocate the fillers to the teams who need numbers that week.
no player can be a filler more then once untill the entire team has been. This keeps unskilled johny from getting sent every week and will result in some of the better players going for a kick to help the weaker teams.
this approach leaves kids registered, training and playing with their local clubs.
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times

Postby the wonder elephant » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:19 pm

youngpace wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:Its almost impossible for smaller it faor for the kodslubs to compete every year against the bigger populated towns. I think putting a cap on players per team of 28-30 is one way but then you could argue that the kids that dont get i just wont play footy, so it's a difficult one.

The cap is the "easiest fix". I agree the danger of it resulting in kids leaving the game is a worrie. A new approach just struck me.
"Filler rotation"
All junior team sheets to be sent in thurs pm. With up to 23 players. The excess "fillers" are also submitted.
no player can be a filler more then once untill the entire team has been. This keeps unskilled johny from getting sent every week and will result in some of the better players going for a kick to help the weaker teams.
this approach leaves kids registered, training and playing with their local clubs.

this ha some merit i think yp
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby youngpace » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:51 pm

the wonder elephant wrote:
youngpace wrote:

"Filler rotation"

this ha some merit i think yp

Thanks. It is similar to what was done with mount barker whilst I was playing juniors. It would take some logistical work (one of the reasons a paid league staff is necessary) but after a few seasons, if it was successful, it should become quite stream line. Happy for someone to take this to a league meeting and chuck it out there for the 2016 season!

Legs that's even more waffle then your previous post! I'm a long way off that.

I like the points system. It works, as it has achieved its desired goal. It is a great mechanism and if it has failed that has only been due to straying from its structure, with additional points allocations outside of the written criteria. We now need more structures implemented as successfully, to help even out other areas in the comp with issues. Get rid of it and someone (Hughsy) will truly be able buy a flag. Sounds like he might even be close with it in place.

Up the Echunga Dee's this week! 6 goal is my pick, with the guys up front running ramped and C. Guy having a field day. If the ball gets down Uri's end enough it could cause problems, with the depleted backline we have currently.
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy