5%
Salisbury West
4%

Total votes : 73

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Postby beef » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:13 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Fools Gold wrote:I have no doubt that the club would have done the correct thing here and got the Crows to clear the players

Unfortunately it's not the Crows final say though, they don't run the league ;) . Will be interesting to see how it pans out in any case.

I'm trying to remember if there is a precedent... @Jetters, did something similar happen with Angus Clarke recently?

Just heard a rumor that GG have lost the match

Did anything end up happening or is it still being decided?
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:19 am

Jetters wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Fools Gold wrote:I have no doubt that the club would have done the correct thing here and got the Crows to clear the players

Unfortunately it's not the Crows final say though, they don't run the league ;) . Will be interesting to see how it pans out in any case.

I'm trying to remember if there is a precedent... @Jetters, did something similar happen with Angus Clarke recently?

Norwood league side played the Crows, ressies had the bye, so Gus didnt play another game that weekend.

Which is how all SANFL clubs handle the Reserves bye. Unless the player wants to rest or the medical team has the same opinion then they will be released back to local football. Usually the majority of the Reserves play a game.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby The Arrow » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:34 am

Can't see too many sides knocking off Athelstone in Div 3, they were good in their trial vs us and big results so far. Athelstone vs Phos GF.[/quote]

I think Pembroke and Golden Grove may have a say in this. Only early but they seem to be the top 4 sides at this stage.
The Arrow
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:48 am

beef wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Just heard a rumor that GG have lost the match

Did anything end up happening or is it still being decided?

Confirmed I'm led to believe, Flinders park footy director received a phone call Sunday morning. GG score was wiped
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:51 am

sporting pulse shows no such thing. Investigation was still pending yesterday.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:55 am

Footy Chick wrote:sporting pulse shows no such thing. Investigation was still pending yesterday.

FP have been told it's confirmed which is why the players were informed.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:sporting pulse shows no such thing. Investigation was still pending yesterday.

Will Sportsbet be refunding all bets?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby beef » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:31 am

mighty hounds wrote:

Golden Grove's players were told at training last night they had lost the points so i guess its confirmed
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:44 am

beef wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Golden Grove's players were told at training last night they had lost the points so i guess its confirmed

Yeh we got the run down of it last night as well. The saafl were all over it quickly. The call came in to FP Sunday morning at 9am that GG score would be wiped.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:09 am

Essen Grove
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:13 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Essen Grove

Lucky ASADA wasnt investigating it, GG Still would be awaiting the outcome in 3 years time lol
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:19 am

Essengrove? Fair go, they didn't hire Dr Dank :lol:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:31 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
beef wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Yeh we got the run down of it last night as well. The saafl were all over it quickly. The call came in to FP Sunday morning at 9am that GG score would be wiped.

Who's WE? (assuming FP) I didn't even realise you were playing back in town :lol:

I see the scores have been wiped but womens intuition tells me that this may not be the last we hear of it.

Footy Chick

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Who's WE? (assuming FP) I didn't even realise you were playing back in town :lol:

I see the scores have been wiped but womens intuition tells me that this may not be the last we hear of it.

only the last couple of years!

That's why I knew what happened, we were told about it Sunday, Why won't it be the last we hear of it? The rule is there in black and white!
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:15 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

That's why I knew what happened, we were told about it Sunday, Why won't it be the last we hear of it? The rule is there in black and white!

Nothing here says they broke a rule:

16 SANFL PLAYERS PLAYING IN SAAFL
16.1 A player who is registered in accordance with Clause 10.2 and whom plays for a team competing in the SANFL competition shall not require a transfer to resume playing for the Member Club to whom they are registered provided they have previously been transferred to their Member Club from their immediate last Australian Football club.
16.2 A player who is listed on an SANFL club’s 1 - 35 player list in the current playing season shall submit written permission from his SANFL club to The League prior to him playing for his Member Club.
16.3 When a registered player of a Member Club plays a league or reserves match for an SANFL club, which then has a bye in the following SANFL minor round, such player shall not play (with the exception of The League Under 18’s Divisions) in that round for such player’s Member Club or for any other Member Club unless the player has played a combined minimum total of twenty five (25) or more Senior and Junior matches with such Member Club.
(a) The player shall submit written permission from his SANFL Club to The League prior to him playing for his Member Club.
(b) Junior football is deemed as matches played from the year in which the player turns 13 years of age.
16.4 On a SANFL bye round, players playing in SANFL Under 18’s may play with their Member Club in any Division after advising in writing and receiving approval from The League prior to him playing for his Member Club.
16.5 An SANFL state match where the SANFL clubs do not play is considered as a SANFL club bye.

16.1 - no transfer needed, resuming playing for existing member club
16.2 - not on 1-35 player list as they are top-up players
16.3 - there was no bye, so this is not relevant
16.4 - not U/18 or bye, so not relevant
16.5 - no state match

Is there another rule?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

16.1 A player who is registered in accordance with Clause 10.2 and whom plays for a team competing in the SANFL competition shall not require a transfer to resume playing for the Member Club to whom they are registered provided they have previously been transferred to their Member Club from their immediate last Australian Football club.
16.2 A player who is listed on an SANFL club’s 1 - 35 player list in the current playing season shall submit written permission from his SANFL club to The League prior to him playing for his Member Club.
16.3 When a registered player of a Member Club plays a league or reserves match for an SANFL club, which then has a bye in the following SANFL minor round, such player shall not play (with the exception of The League Under 18’s Divisions) in that round for such player’s Member Club or for any other Member Club unless the player has played a combined minimum total of twenty five (25) or more Senior and Junior matches with such Member Club.
(a) The player shall submit written permission from his SANFL Club to The League prior to him playing for his Member Club.
(b) Junior football is deemed as matches played from the year in which the player turns 13 years of age.
16.4 On a SANFL bye round, players playing in SANFL Under 18’s may play with their Member Club in any Division after advising in writing and receiving approval from The League prior to him playing for his Member Club.
16.5 An SANFL state match where the SANFL clubs do not play is considered as a SANFL club bye.

16.5 - no state match

Is there another rule?

FE posted this on the last page

Rule 23.30 of the SAAFL Rules

No Member Club player shall play for any other club prior to or after a match of The League in any one
round with the exception of The League’s Under 18 Division matches and any school matches.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:25 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Who's WE? (assuming FP) I didn't even realise you were playing back in town [emoji38]

16.5 - no state match

Is there another rule?

FE posted this on the last page

Rule 23.30 of the SAAFL Rules

No Member Club player shall play for any other club prior to or after a match of The League in any one
round with the exception of The League’s Under 18 Division matches and any school matches.

In other words dual registered players can't play SAAFL and SANFL in the same weekend. I know it used to happen in the 80's but it's 2015.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:34 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

youre right...its black and white but technically I think they might have a couple of rights to appeal. Not sure itll get them far but theyre still there.

Footy Chick

Postby Hefty » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:37 pm

Better Call Saul....
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Fools Gold » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:17 pm

Isn't "The League" classed as the SAAFL in earlier parts of the rules?

If so thats what they should be using as a defence
Fools Gold

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League