River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby RyderCourtney » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:37 am

used to be wrote:
oldbomber wrote:
used to be wrote:Interesting round.!!! Great win by our blokes , welcome back luke your a star. Jervois are not that bad we are just playing a great brand of footy. The Bears won easily as expected thanks to the rmfl , mick Ohara and Dalwood, Mannum won in an apparent upset , my mail says billy nearly knows how to coach , Steve hein has nick named the coach billy kanardly .

What happened on saturday UTB? Heard you blokes were in it for a while but maybe just got 'out coached' in the end :D

Well OB, we were beaten by a better team on the day to be honest. Obviously Mypo got their act together after last week, are Mannum that good ??. Gee rush to defend Kanardly after one win,i think you may be Kanardly. Stevie is the best bloke going around , BUT, we have given him everything in the way of personal this year and he needs to make it work. I know this will be his last year as A grade coach so all the best to him , he will bounce back as the players gel. By the way it was spot the local , I didn't even see Steve Hein , have you recruited another one. Billy , you should be winning with the amount of players you have recruited, you are now being named tigers as their is no Mypolonga in there just like the bears is no Meningie, must be very ungratifying as a coach and a club to win knowing full well you had nothing to do with it but simply buy players. This week the geographically challenged bears vrs Mannum, I think the entire league will be supporting Mannum , however, the odds are against Mannum given the team that the rmfl has put together for the bears.

As the wise man once said.

"Don't get bitter, get better"

Lol same old grumpy utb
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby mrp2626 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:42 pm

I have no affiliation with RMFL... but I think it was Kerry Packer who said..."Learn the rules to the game".
It sounds like you're VERY bitter UTB....

In my opinion, if theyre playing within the rules, then good on them for utilising resources and having a club people are happy to play for.
mrp2626
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Wynarka » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:53 pm

used to be wrote:
oldbomber wrote:
used to be wrote:Interesting round.!!! Great win by our blokes , welcome back luke your a star. Jervois are not that bad we are just playing a great brand of footy. The Bears won easily as expected thanks to the rmfl , mick Ohara and Dalwood, Mannum won in an apparent upset , my mail says billy nearly knows how to coach , Steve hein has nick named the coach billy kanardly .

What happened on saturday UTB? Heard you blokes were in it for a while but maybe just got 'out coached' in the end :D

Well OB, we were beaten by a better team on the day to be honest. Obviously Mypo got their act together after last week, are Mannum that good ??. Gee rush to defend Kanardly after one win,i think you may be Kanardly. Stevie is the best bloke going around , BUT, we have given him everything in the way of personal this year and he needs to make it work. I know this will be his last year as A grade coach so all the best to him , he will bounce back as the players gel. By the way it was spot the local , I didn't even see Steve Hein , have you recruited another one. Billy , you should be winning with the amount of players you have recruited, you are now being named tigers as their is no Mypolonga in there just like the bears is no Meningie, must be very ungratifying as a coach and a club to win knowing full well you had nothing to do with it but simply buy players. This week the geographically challenged bears vrs Mannum, I think the entire league will be supporting Mannum , however, the odds are against Mannum given the team that the rmfl has put together for the bears.

Just some FACTS from that game
Mypo= 13 lads who have come up through their junior program played
Imps= 11 lads that played juniors at the club
Wynarka
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Dictator » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:13 pm

Saw a corker today. Two teams going at it with lots of big hits and lead changes all the time. The Roos were superb. Kellock a star.
The Dictator
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

Postby oldbomber » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:41 am

Was a great game of footy at mannum yesterday watching those two midfields go head to head was a highlight. Both are very very good sides. Mypo and imps have some work to do to catch up to these two teams at the moment with ramblers tailem and jervois fighting for 5th spot at best....
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby Monopoly Man » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:45 am

oldbomber wrote:Was a great game of footy at mannum yesterday watching those two midfields go head to head was a highlight. Both are very very good sides. Mypo and imps have some work to do to catch up to these two teams at the moment with ramblers tailem and jervois fighting for 5th spot at best....

Interesting that oldbomber. The names of Meningie midfield look much stronger than Mannums?
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby oldbomber » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:01 am

You might be right MM on paper anyway but mannum have the better ruckman and seemed to hold their own in there and managed to just get over the line. Could be a different story on the bears hometurf later though, looking forward to that one already
oldbomber
Rookie

Postby Ramrod » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:54 am

Was a pleasure to be at the footy on the weekend and see the rabble from across the road get taught a football lesson. Its almost like ramblers are trying to get other clubs to feel sorry for them constantly talking about only playing locals! We get it you morons! Your list is ordinary at best and you are lead by an absolute peanut of a human being in Fidge who to be honest will be lucky to see the year out. His game plan looks terrible, his attitude is disgusting and i believe he cant coach. on the other hand our boys were terrific apart from the slip up against Mypo last week i believe we are a genunie threat this year. One thing is for sure Ramblers wont be a threat at all!
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby biffboy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:49 pm

Ramrod wrote:Was a pleasure to be at the footy on the weekend and see the rabble from across the road get taught a football lesson. Its almost like ramblers are trying to get other clubs to feel sorry for them constantly talking about only playing locals! We get it you morons! Your list is ordinary at best and you are lead by an absolute peanut of a human being in Fidge who to be honest will be lucky to see the year out. His game plan looks terrible, his attitude is disgusting and i believe he cant coach. on the other hand our boys were terrific apart from the slip up against Mypo last week i believe we are a genunie threat this year. One thing is for sure Ramblers wont be a threat at all!

There is only one thing in this post I disagree with at the moment & that is that you will be a genuine threat. Sure, we are playing horrible footy & confidence is well down but we hopefully can improve with a few key players to return after the bye. Imps on the other hand probably wont get a lot better than they were on the weekend, Sumner was ordinary at best and if he's getting paid even half what is rumoured then I would suggest cutting him loose as you still wont challenge Mannum or Meningie with that side. Big call to make seeing as you pumped us but I think they are both better sides all around the ground. I would be more than happy for you to prove me wrong but I just cant see it happening.

Currently our forward line persists of Gogel plus a few kids & if he has a bad day like he did on the weekend, then we have little or no hope of kicking a decent score. Our defence is brittle, our midfield sluggish & our ruckman is undersized and doing it tough on his own against bigger opponents week in week out. As I have stated before, we are in for a tough year but I at least don't think we can play any worse than we currently are
biffboy
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby Ramrod » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:02 pm

biffboy wrote:
Ramrod wrote:Was a pleasure to be at the footy on the weekend and see the rabble from across the road get taught a football lesson. Its almost like ramblers are trying to get other clubs to feel sorry for them constantly talking about only playing locals! We get it you morons! Your list is ordinary at best and you are lead by an absolute peanut of a human being in Fidge who to be honest will be lucky to see the year out. His game plan looks terrible, his attitude is disgusting and i believe he cant coach. on the other hand our boys were terrific apart from the slip up against Mypo last week i believe we are a genunie threat this year. One thing is for sure Ramblers wont be a threat at all!

There is only one thing in this post I disagree with at the moment & that is that you will be a genuine threat. Sure, we are playing horrible footy & confidence is well down but we hopefully can improve with a few key players to return after the bye. Imps on the other hand probably wont get a lot better than they were on the weekend, Sumner was ordinary at best and if he's getting paid even half what is rumoured then I would suggest cutting him loose as you still wont challenge Mannum or Meningie with that side. Big call to make seeing as you pumped us but I think they are both better sides all around the ground. I would be more than happy for you to prove me wrong but I just cant see it happening.

Currently our forward line persists of Gogel plus a few kids & if he has a bad day like he did on the weekend, then we have little or no hope of kicking a decent score. Our defence is brittle, our midfield sluggish & our ruckman is undersized and doing it tough on his own against bigger opponents week in week out. As I have stated before, we are in for a tough year but I at least don't think we can play any worse than we currently are

As you are insde the club biffboy, is there some unrest about Fidge's Gamplan and attitude? Or is it just lack of Quality Experienced Footballers?
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby biffboy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Ramrod wrote:
biffboy wrote:

As you are insde the club biffboy, is there some unrest about Fidge's Gamplan and attitude? Or is it just lack of Quality Experienced Footballers?

I wouldn't say there is any unrest about his game plan, unfortunately we just don't have the quality of player available to us at the moment to execute it properly. As for the attitude, yes it beginning to be talked about. Unfortunately his assistant who is an ex umpire is probably worse than him yet Fidge cops all the blame for the heckling, I just wish they could concentrate on the job at hand instead of the umpires decisions or bagging the opposition
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby Monopoly Man » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:45 pm

oldbomber wrote:You might be right MM on paper anyway but mannum have the better ruckman and seemed to hold their own in there and managed to just get over the line. Could be a different story on the bears hometurf later though, looking forward to that one already

the result backs up your words. I honestly thought no one could challenge Meningie. I reckon the Blue boys will be around the mark too, don't worry about that,
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby The Gimp » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:23 pm

oldbomber wrote:You might be right MM on paper anyway but mannum have the better ruckman and seemed to hold their own in there and managed to just get over the line. Could be a different story on the bears hometurf later though, looking forward to that one already

Yeah I think Bowen def got the choccies against Thorpe. It was pretty even in the actual tapwork but around the ground was where Bowen hurt the Bears. He works very hard to get a kick behind play and then pushes forward hard once Mannum had clear possession. Thorpe needs to be right on his game next time and possibly stick with him wherever Bowen goes to try and reduce his input.
From an outsiders perspective, it looks liked Meningie just never got into top gear. It was like they were waiting for Mannum to turn it over, then they would try to score instead of actually working hard to pressure Mannum and forcing the turn-overs.
Mannum played really well but I think that may be close to their best. Kellock looked very good!
I think Meningie have a fair bit of improvement in them - which is probably dangerous for the comp. But I hope their hunger is there to make it happen and not just expect it to happen like it looked like on Sunday.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Rough » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:57 pm

Some of you blokes seriously need to get over the Meningie thing. They have too many points, the league president looking after them too much, too many other concessions etc etc. F*** me they come from a small town half way to Victoria.
Sensational game of footy Sunday. Blokes on both sides working their choongies off to the end. No flukes here and things might well be different next time but it was a great game of footy won by the Roos.
This week against Sumner's Blues will again be really interesting but Hally has got the Roos hanging on his every word.
Yep...don't get bitter get better.
Rough
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times

Postby The Dictator » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:40 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:I can't see you guys missing the top 3 unless there are some omissions from last year that aren't on SportingPulse just yet.

My End of minor round prediction

Mypo
Meningie
Ramblers
Imps
Jervois
Mannum
Taliem

I think it will be tight between Mannum and Jervois on who will make the 5.

Were you there Sunday Grassy? Still think Mannum will finish 6th after seeing them on the weekend?
The Dictator
Rookie

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:36 pm

The Dictator wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:I can't see you guys missing the top 3 unless there are some omissions from last year that aren't on SportingPulse just yet.

Mypo
Meningie
Ramblers
Imps
Jervois
Mannum
Taliem

Were you there Sunday Grassy? Still think Mannum will finish 6th after seeing them on the weekend?

Haha na mate quality outfit for sure they played very well and after that I'd expect them to be up the top half of the ladder come seasons end. But it is still early days. I honestly thought with such a big turnover of players that it may take a lot longer than it has for them to gel.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby The Dictator » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:44 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
The Dictator wrote:

Mypo
Meningie
Ramblers
Imps
Jervois
Mannum
Taliem

Haha na mate quality outfit for sure they played very well and after that I'd expect them to be up the top half of the ladder come seasons end. But it is still early days. I honestly thought with such a big turnover of players that it may take a lot longer than it has for them to gel.

i was glad i got there . a couple of good teams for sure. be interesting to see if they can continue. i still don't know the new players names haha but the old firm stood up when needed
The Dictator
Rookie

Postby grasshopper22 » Fri May 08, 2015 7:07 am

Thought something would have been posted after the Mannum v imps game last week? Haven't heard much at all but imps seem to be building. Did Mannum have a off day or where imps just simply to good?

This wks games should all be rippers.
Ramblers by 6 goals over Taliem Bend
Mannum by 8 goals over Jervois
And the Mypo V Meningie game could really go either way. But hoping we can get the job done. Meningie by 9 points.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby oldbomber » Fri May 08, 2015 8:55 am

Picking Tailem in a minor upset by 10 pts
Mannum by 12 goals
Meningie have a much stronger list and should win by 5 goals
oldbomber
Rookie

Postby biffboy » Sun May 10, 2015 1:52 pm

Starting to look like we could have a 4 horse race here with Mypo knocking of the Bears, are they close too full strength at the moment as I didn't see them losing 2 games for the season after round 1
biffboy
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy