HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby lovethefooty » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:09 pm

just a thought......

what do we all expect torrens valley to do. admit they dont have very many juniors, and not very many good ones and say to themselves:
"our juniors are no good so we definately should not spend money attracting good senior footballers so we can compete..."
it seems to me that we point the finger at clubs who we percieve have invested in players to compete without necessarily knowing the details, and like it is some sort of crime against humanity to do so.

i am sure all clubs spend money and all would spend more if they could. success does not come by accident and almost never comes based on the quality of juniors alone.

why dont we all applaude the efforts of clubs to attract good players to the comp to improve the standard and of course their team?
lovethefooty
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby 19thman » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:59 pm

lovethefooty wrote:just a thought......

what do we all expect torrens valley to do. admit they dont have very many juniors, and not very many good ones and say to themselves:
"our juniors are no good so we definately should not spend money attracting good senior footballers so we can compete..."
it seems to me that we point the finger at clubs who we percieve have invested in players to compete without necessarily knowing the details, and like it is some sort of crime against humanity to do so.

i am sure all clubs spend money and all would spend more if they could. success does not come by accident and almost never comes based on the quality of juniors alone.

why dont we all applaude the efforts of clubs to attract good players to the comp to improve the standard and of course their team?

I expect them to spend some money improving their facilities. At the moment they are close to league's worst.
I expect them to show some discipline around their fans... It is a common perception that they have some very rough supporters
I expect them to invest some money in locals and players who have grown up in the system

This would go a long way towards attracting more juniors.
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby youngpace » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:41 am

lovethefooty wrote:just a thought......

I beleive TV's junior issues have been in part a result of their approach to senior footy operations and a neglect of their junior teams. Along with all the other obvious causes. It was not at all a dig at TV, I am at terms with the reality of expenditure in country footy. If they choose to spend $5000 on a player I dont really give a rats. As the points system keeps a clamp on the effectiveness of buying players. I wasnt pointing a finger mearly stating the obvious that he is the bloke with the cash to do so.

It is a huge shame that TV had to pull their 13s. Let it serve as a warning to all that div 1 & 2 are part of THE SAME LEAGUE! We (div 2 clubs & comp) have been battling this issue alone for to long. the rot has now spread and will finaly affect div 1. Welcome to footy in the HFL fellas!..
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Spiderman » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:29 pm

Uraidla- 59 echunga-38
Wouldn't have picked that, loby also getting up by a couple goals over onkas..
Spiderman
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times

Postby The Panther » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:45 pm

Good game of Footy at Echunga. Who said wet low scoring games aren't good for the fans.

I would think both teams would be sore tomorrow - was a really hard and tough game.

The new undercover area out the front of the bar is a massive winner on a cold wet day like today.
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Justquietly » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:07 pm

Lofty down by 15 in As but won all other grades which is a positive.
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Afterthesiren » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:31 am

Not to mention the Blackwood supporter in his 40's having a bong in full view. CLASSY
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Legs Man » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:59 am

Echunga match was a ripper with the same scoring shots by both teams.
Uraidla getting the job done in the last quarter aided by a good breeze with 10 minutes of good skilled footy.
Really hard fought match with pure tough attack footy in and around the ball.
Both these sides are well matched although Echunga looks to be a bit quicker - but Uraidla has the bulk to combat this on a wet day.
Fantastic atmosphere for ANZAC day with both clubs conducting themselves admirably both on and off the field.

Luke Carey named best for the Crows SANFL side at the Bay on Friday night - well done and well deserved.

Also noticed that the SAAFL are calling for registrations of interest for entry into their comp in the paper again - perhaps this is where Blackwood belong?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby The Panther » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Legsy,

I think Blackwood are good for Hills footy but they should be putting teams in both Div 1 and Div 2, which was the agreement when they entered the Hills in the 1980's.

1. It would really strengthen the Div.2 comp to have another club which brings all grades to the comp. If they can't fill all junior grades so be it. But I would expect they would get at least two junior sides up each year in Div.2

2. It would stop the procession of Div 1 B grade Grand Finals featuring Blackwood.

3. It would stop the procession of C grade Grand Finals featuring Blackwood.

4. Blackwood haven't won an A grade Div 1 flag since 1991 so it is not as if they dominate at this level.

5. It is not as if Blackwood weren't competitive when they did this previously.
They have won Div 2 premierships in B grade with their fourth teams and senior colts flags in div.2. Their second team had regular finals appearances in Div 2 A grade and played in a GF in 1980's ( i think ).
Blackwood's C grade played in the central div GF not too many years ago against Mount Lofty.

Blackwood often put forward it is too hard to get enough volunteers to run in 2 divs. But a club that big should be able to muster up enough helpers.
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby rock » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:55 pm

It would seem they are probably too stoned to put the effort in.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:50 pm

Terrific game at Ironbank yesterday was hard and tough, Bankers were well on top for the first 2 and a half quarters but didnt capitalize, then bam blackwood kicked 4 or 5 in a row to end the 3rd quarter which was the difference in the game. Bricknell didnt appear to play for the woods as well as a couple of others, whilst motlop and a few others were out for us, which led to a lot of younger blokes getting a game for both sides which was exciting.
Doesnt surprise me Uri's won in the rain there to big and strong and the rain allows them to curtail echungas pace. I'd still tip echunga in fine weather
Lobe bounced back which is no surprise and TV were made to work hard but were always going to be to good for the devs. Barker are 0 and 3, when was the last time that happened? Hahndorf seem to be on the improve also.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby The Gimp » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:22 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:Not to mention the Blackwood supporter in his 40's having a bong in full view. CLASSY

Hilltop Hoods at the game before heading to Oakbank?? :D
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby sideview » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:27 pm

Legsman good effort by Carey. Noticed Wittwer played Friday night. Is that the same Wittwer at Hahndorf Saturday night?
sideview
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Meadows

Postby lovethefooty » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:09 pm

yes it is the same wittwer.

hahndorf a good effort over mt barker.

mt barker had alot of the football but couldnt kick a score.
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby cracka » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:07 pm

lovethefooty wrote:yes it is the same wittwer.

hahndorf a good effort over mt barker.

mt barker had alot of the football but couldnt kick a score.

Did he play Friday night for the crows & then Sat night for Hahndorf. Didnt think that was allowed.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby lovethefooty » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:27 pm

yes i do believe he did play for the crows friday night and then for hahndorf on saturday.

i am lead to believe that you are not allowed to unless you apply for a permit
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby jumbo20 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:41 pm

What is with the number of players being cleared from Mt Barker to Uraidla???
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby flanker » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:54 pm

jumbo20 wrote:What is with the number of players being cleared from Mt Barker to Uraidla???

Mt Barker overflow juniors I believe
flanker
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Giants » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:42 pm

anyone from ironbank confirm or deny winners of an triple m competition were driven up to ironbank to hear the great man jars address his troops before the game against blackwood? surely this is a joke
Giants
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Justquietly » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:02 am

Giants wrote:anyone from ironbank confirm or deny winners of an triple m competition were driven up to ironbank to hear the great man jars address his troops before the game against blackwood? surely this is a joke

No, true. It's about grassroots footy so why wouldn't you use Jars? They also had lunch etc on the way up. A bit of exposure for HFL too.
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy