mighty hounds wrote:
OnSong wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Leighton and Fethers are big outs. Not sure about the middle name tho

Why would his middle name be relevant?

Shocking middle name

erston?

Garth?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby GIDDY UP! » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:51 pm

Mallala 69pts ;) Jason Earl for Anzac medal (if they have it?)
Two Wells 168pts (wet) 267pts(dry)
HWE 12pts
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Snags » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:48 pm

Mallala 42pts - j mont best.
Two wells 236pts - Ned seccafien best & 9 out the middle.
Hummocks 12pts - greenshields best.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Ace of Spades » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:44 pm

Snags wrote:Mallala 42pts - j mont best.

Keep your receipt
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Snags » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:43 pm

Ace of Spades wrote:

Keep your receipt

Let me correct that. Ned had 45 and kicked 3 but lee Allmond kicked 9 snags out of the middle.
Snags
Under 16s

Postby norm11 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:20 pm

Snags wrote:
Ace of Spades wrote:

Keep your receipt

Let me correct that. Ned had 45 and kicked 3 but lee Allmond kicked 9 snags out of the middle.

Score??
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:48 pm

Hummocks got up.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:35 pm

norm11 wrote:
Snags wrote:
Ace of Spades wrote:

Keep your receipt

Score??

299 to 1.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby hairy cat » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:03 pm

I really don't give a sh.. about the pie floaters that have
moved from the bridge but those locals who have sold their sole
and reapear when things are rosey are the traditional merchants onya natty for hanging in
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby last paper purse » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:02 pm

Could not agree more hairy cat! How bad is that club run? They lose a final for allowing a suspended player to play a few years ago, that effects a whole club financially losing money at the gate, canteen etc. organise a music concert with the tickets to see nobodies at a ridiculous price, lost money on that, pay for a flag and now the so called locals leave because it's too tough!! I actually feel for the playing group because they are the ones that lost their spot last year and had to play in the grade below and now have to face 250 point losses week in week out!
last paper purse

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby hairy cat » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:09 pm

last paper purse wrote:Could not agree more hairy cat! How bad is that club run? They lose a final for allowing a suspended player to play a few years ago, that effects a whole club financially losing money at the gate, canteen etc. organise a music concert with the tickets to see nobodies at a ridiculous price, lost money on that, pay for a flag and now the so called locals leave because it's too tough!! I actually feel for the playing group because they are the ones that lost their spot last year and had to play in the grade below and now have to face 250 point losses week in week out!

I'm leaning towards this immediate committee is on the right tram
the previous have stuffed it
hairy cat
Under 16s

Postby Snags » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:39 pm

hairy cat wrote:
last paper purse wrote:Could not agree more hairy cat! How bad is that club run? They lose a final for allowing a suspended player to play a few years ago, that effects a whole club financially losing money at the gate, canteen etc. organise a music concert with the tickets to see nobodies at a ridiculous price, lost money on that, pay for a flag and now the so called locals leave because it's too tough!! I actually feel for the playing group because they are the ones that lost their spot last year and had to play in the grade below and now have to face 250 point losses week in week out!

I'm leaning towards this immediate committee is on the right tram
the previous have stuffed it

I heard comments of people saying take it easy on hamley because they are young and not as good.. But at the end of the day once you cross the line everyone is a "Agrader" .
They have brought it on themselves and are going to have to stick by the club and in 5 years all the young blokes will be bigger and better and reap the rewards .
Snags
Under 16s

Postby Hazbeen » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:26 pm

Have read on fb that the pies v tigers game was spiteful and some reports laid, anyone there?
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby hairy cat » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:49 pm

Is it coincidence or is mallala trying the impact approach
Last 2 games had plenty of incidents yet they smell like roses
hairy cat
Under 16s

Postby Swamp Donkey » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:42 pm

Hazbeen wrote:Have read on fb that the pies v tigers game was spiteful and some reports laid, anyone there?

The game was played in good spirits for the majority of the time. Yes there were scuffles as per usual, but other than the B Starr head butt I'd expect the others (B Sharman and N Osborn) to get off. The main Incident was when Wade Thompson lost his marbles and went nuts over stuff all. He and his brother both got sent off.

The biggest disappointment of the day was the umpiring. Not to mention Hulme apparently dislocated an elbow and a young United lad lost a few teeth after running back with the flight of the ball.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:28 am

Hazbeen wrote:Have read on fb that the pies v tigers game was spiteful and some reports laid, anyone there?

I wouldn't call the game spiteful. It was a hard fought contest and unfortunately for us Mallala were too good on that day. There were a couple of minor altercations which apparently resulted in reports but I would expect all 3 players to get off.

The combination of a very large crowd, a close (for most of the day) game and slightly wet conditions forced the crowd from both teams to stand under the verandah, some seriously bad umpiring (both teams will agree here) meant there was a lot of verbal crowd interaction between each other and the players.

With kids being under the verandah (out of the rain) as well as a big portion of the crowd from BOTH sides yelling out some "words of encouragement" it probably wasn't the best behaviour for kids to be learning from. However, the game itself was fine thanks to the self control that the players from BOTH teams showed in not letting their frustrations with the poor umpiring get the better of them. Could have been a different story if we let the umpires get to us.

They always say good umpires DO NOT get noticed. Everyone watching the game certainly noticed the 2 umpires Saturday which really did ruin what was a good contest and could have been an even better one.

I know this will sound as a bit of a sook especially coming from the losing side and its not intended to be a whinge, but the number 1 topic on the game between players and supporters from each team after the game involved the umpires.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby pint of ale? » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:13 am

The umpires seemed more interested in pulling cards out of their socks than actually umpiring the game. Id be interested to know if this was a directive from the league as I heard from a mallala official Sat night (he'd heard it from someone else so could've been a bit of front bar talk).

As for the thompsons getting sent off not sure how there can be an all in brawl and only 2 united players get sent off?? In saying that it was United's discipline that cost them the game not umpires. Down to 18 fit players at quarter time they couldnt afford to get players sent off but they did and had to play with 15 players on the field for a period of time. This was the only time mallala really got on top, rest of the game was very tight.
pint of ale?

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby bombers boy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:38 pm

heard there was nothing in osbon's red card? will he get off?
bombers boy
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby OnSong » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:56 pm

Three red cards shown on Saturday in a match umpired by the Umpire's Coach/Co-ordinator, Steve Bawden, who introduced the red/yellow card system.
If that's his interpretation on what warrants a red card, then he's going to have to maintain it across his whole umpiring group and throughout the season.
It will be interesting to see whether these reports are thrown out (I think a red card is automatic suspension, not sure), considering they were made by the central umpires.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:12 pm

OnSong wrote:Three red cards shown on Saturday in a match umpired by the Umpire's Coach/Co-ordinator, Steve Bawden, who introduced the red/yellow card system.
If that's his interpretation on what warrants a red card, then he's going to have to maintain it across his whole umpiring group and throughout the season.
It will be interesting to see whether these reports are thrown out (I think a red card is automatic suspension, not sure), considering they were made by the central umpires.

The fact that Steve Bawden is the Umpires coach/coordinator is not good. I was disappointed to see him umpiring in such a big match on Saturday while BJ was allocated the senior colts and reserves. IMHO BJ is the best umpire in the league so why on earth isn't he umpiring A grade every week? Bawden makes every game that he is involved in about himself - he over-rides decisions of his fellow umpires and quite simply appears to have a poor understanding of the basic role of the umpire in a game of footy. Every footy lover I know would prefer him to miss a few rather than over-officiate and dominate the match like he seems determined to do every time he's in charge. Maybe I'm off the mark and being too harsh.....
Last edited by Swamp Donkey on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy