Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:18 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
OnSong wrote:Three red cards shown on Saturday in a match umpired by the Umpire's Coach/Co-ordinator, Steve Bawden, who introduced the red/yellow card system.
If that's his interpretation on what warrants a red card, then he's going to have to maintain it across his whole umpiring group and throughout the season.
It will be interesting to see whether these reports are thrown out (I think a red card is automatic suspension, not sure), considering they were made by the central umpires.

The fact that Steve Bawden is the Umpires coach/coordinator is disturbing in itself. It was disappointing to see him umpiring in such a big match on Saturday while BJ was allocated the senior colts and reserves. IMHO BJ is the best umpire in the league so why on earth isn't he umpiring A grade every week? Bawden is a control freak that makes every game that he is involved in about himself - he over-rides decisions of his fellow umpires and quite simply appears to have a poor understanding of the basic role of the umpire in a game of footy. Every footy lover I know would prefer him to miss a few rather than over-officiate and dominate the match like he seems determined to do every time he's in charge.

Well said Donkey. The greatest thing about what you have written is the fact you are a supporter of the WINNING side and still feel this way about the game on Saturday. =D>
Last edited by Mythical Creature on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby hairy cat » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:20 pm

OnSong wrote:Three red cards shown on Saturday in a match umpired by the Umpire's Coach/Co-ordinator, Steve Bawden, who introduced the red/yellow card system.
If that's his interpretation on what warrants a red card, then he's going to have to maintain it across his whole umpiring group and throughout the season.
It will be interesting to see whether these reports are thrown out (I think a red card is automatic suspension, not sure), considering they were made by the central umpires.

He let's no one of that goose he's a pin up boy
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:20 pm

Red cards are straight to the tribunal. Well, that is what we have been told anyway.

Surely, the tribunal will get sick of meeting every week to find players not guilty.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby OnSong » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:22 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

The fact that Steve Bawden is the Umpires coach/coordinator is disturbing in itself. It was disappointing to see him umpiring in such a big match on Saturday while BJ was allocated the senior colts and reserves. IMHO BJ is the best umpire in the league so why on earth isn't he umpiring A grade every week? Bawden is a control freak that makes every game that he is involved in about himself - he over-rides decisions of his fellow umpires and quite simply appears to have a poor understanding of the basic role of the umpire in a game of footy. Every footy lover I know would prefer him to miss a few rather than over-officiate and dominate the match like he seems determined to do every time he's in charge.

Colin Rundle surely!
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby hairy cat » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:

Red cards are straight to the tribunal. Well, that is what we have been told anyway.

Surely, the tribunal will get sick of meeting every week to find players not guilty.

If one is to be found gilty of a head butt he should get 8 weeks he is a repeat offender
hairy cat
Under 16s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:27 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

I heard BJ had other commitments and was unable to do any A Grade matches this round.

I'm sure it's a given that his name is the first marked down when it comes to umpire allocations each week.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby hairy cat » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:32 pm

hairy cat
Under 16s

Postby OnSong » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:13 pm

hairy cat wrote:

Yeah, you already said that about an hour ago.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Hidden Tiger » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:33 pm

I might be a long way away from it but I have pretty reliable black and white sources telling me all three red cards should've been no more than a free kick, a yellow card at absolute worst. If red cards are given for scuffles then what happens with a proper punch or king hit? Two red cards? Or one of each? Sounds like a power trip to me. It needs to be sorted out quickly
Hidden Tiger
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Nuriootpa

Postby RooShootOhh » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:02 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

The fact that Steve Bawden is the Umpires coach/coordinator is not good. I was disappointed to see him umpiring in such a big match on Saturday while BJ was allocated the senior colts and reserves. IMHO BJ is the best umpire in the league so why on earth isn't he umpiring A grade every week? Bawden makes every game that he is involved in about himself - he over-rides decisions of his fellow umpires and quite simply appears to have a poor understanding of the basic role of the umpire in a game of footy. Every footy lover I know would prefer him to miss a few rather than over-officiate and dominate the match like he seems determined to do every time he's in charge. Maybe I'm off the mark and being too harsh.....

Anyone from Mallala would think that, BJ basically wears a black and white jumper out there when he officiated the Pies

The rest spot on!
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby 23rd man » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:26 pm

Old Steve might be spending a few Wednesday nights at the tribunal if he keeps that form up
23rd man

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Snags » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:15 pm

I didn't see the game but for who that watched hummocks vs balak. How did josh Appleby get the Anzac Day medal but not get named in his clubs best players?
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Hidden Tiger » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:30 am

My spies tell me B Starr 3 games
N Osborne and B Sharman no case to answer
A certain umpire told to cool it on Red Cards
Hidden Tiger
Mini-League

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Nuriootpa

Postby Hazbeen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:34 am

Snags wrote:I didn't see the game but for who that watched hummocks vs balak. How did josh Appleby get the Anzac Day medal but not get named in his clubs best players?

It is a "most courageous" medal and not best on ground. On song might be able to say who selects it.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby norm11 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:04 pm

Did I hear correctly that two wells didn't hand out best players Saturday night?
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:26 pm

Hazbeen wrote:
Snags wrote:I didn't see the game but for who that watched hummocks vs balak. How did josh Appleby get the Anzac Day medal but not get named in his clubs best players?

It is a "most courageous" medal and not best on ground. On song might be able to say who selects it.

Pretty sure with the Anzac clashes between Balaks and Hummocks the umpire selects the medallist.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:27 pm

Hazbeen wrote:

The umpires pick it and maybe they felt Josh was best on ground. He played well. Maybe not BOG but that's subjective. The players named in the Eagles' top six were who the coach and assistants felt were their best contributors, although in a good win, you're always going to have more than six good performers.
Josh, modest as the young fella is, was a bit surprised to win it but good luck to the lad.
Nathan Greenshields won it last year and got three votes for the match, which suggests to me it's not about courage and more about overall performance.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:52 pm

Careful OS, it looks like you're casting aspersions about his courage ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby OnSong » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:58 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Careful OS, it looks like you're casting aspersions about his courage ;)

Which is the last thing I'm trying to do. Ack
OnSong
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:23 pm

How are the preparations at Balaklava going for the Power/Crows game? Is there any other game on that day? I hear the coaches boxes have been rearranged, haven’t seen it for myself, who’s getting what rooms?
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy