Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby King » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:20 am

Turbo wrote:Big win by the Cobras today over Valleys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Turbo, a great day for the Cobras winning at Taylors Rd. However, looking from the outside, it appears Cove have a couple of problems ahead of them. Their U 18s, once a major force in the comp, are now a combined side with MV and I note that yesterday they had only 18 for the B Grade. As with all clubs you would expect some of those less committed players to drop off as winter sets in. I would hate to see a B Grade forfeit. Will Cove field a C grade team this year?
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Front & Centre » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:12 pm

MR FOOTY wrote:
Turbo wrote:Big win by the Cobras today over Valleys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keamy having major impact at HV.....

I think the politically correct term would be called an "Adjustment Period"
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Mister Footy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:15 pm

Dont like to be critical of my club on here and there were couple significant injuries had an impact for us but fact is Cove wanted it more.

I have seen more hardness at the ball from juniors than I saw Saturday afternoon. Did not see enough from the senior blokes on Saturday. :x

I am all for playing the younger kids but I reckon couple of them got exposed for their mental and physical toughness. Selection for this week is going to be interesting...
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Keyser Soze » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:29 pm

Mister Footy wrote:Dont like to be critical of my club on here and there were couple significant injuries had an impact for us but fact is Cove wanted it more.

I have seen more hardness at the ball from juniors than I saw Saturday afternoon. Did not see enough from the senior blokes on Saturday. :x

I am all for playing the younger kids but I reckon couple of them got exposed for their mental and physical toughness. Selection for this week is going to be interesting...

How long would you expect this 'adjustment period' to last, already looking quite expen$ive. Massive game this week against Christies Beach both teams looking for there first win. Both got tough draws in the next few weeks and loser will need some big wins in the 2nd half of the season to secure a finals berth especially with the improvement of Edwardstown and the Roos.
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby afc9798 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:47 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:Dont like to be critical of my club on here and there were couple significant injuries had an impact for us but fact is Cove wanted it more.

How long would you expect this 'adjustment period' to last, already looking quite expen$ive. Massive game this week against Christies Beach both teams looking for there first win. Both got tough draws in the next few weeks and loser will need some big wins in the 2nd half of the season to secure a finals berth especially with the improvement of Edwardstown and the Roos.

Given a major shift in players and a much younger group coming in, also coupled with a number of injuries, I'd say that the coach is entitled to a period to settle in. This is the youngest and most inexperienced squad we have had in many years and that is always going to take time to settle. It doesn't sit well with anybody as we expect success, but we all need to take a deep breath and give the team and the coaching staff time to develop the squad and for the game plan to stick. Ridiculous to expect that all these things combined would not have a major impact.

All I want to see is a side go out there and give a strong contest. We got that against Flaggies, we didn't bring it against Cove for the first half and paid the price. Cove were relentless and we lacked composure due to their great pressure. Once we settled, it was too late.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby mrp2626 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:13 pm

A couple of things....

I can't help but notice Waylon Johncock on the clearance list to YPFL. I would assume the $$$ are talking........Not that he would spend a lot of time at the shoes anyway, but a very big out for finals.

On to tips this week.....
Aldinga V OSB/Lonsdale - I'm going to go with the lions by 22pts on this one... They seem to have stepped up a notch this year (sometimes).
Edwardstown V MVPk - Will be very interesting to see the outcome of this one. Should be very close... Roos by 17pts
Marion Vs Flaggies - Falcons will easily account for Marion especially if the weather holds out. Falcons by 78pts
Shoes - Wineflies - Match of the round!!!! Will be an epic battle, but despite the shoes being at home, I think the Flies will just get over the top by 14pts
Porties Vs MVale - I think MV will come away with it in the second half. MV by 31 pts
BDOSFC Vs Cove - ANZAC Night @ Home, I think our guys will get the Job done. A few back in... BDOS by 34pts
HVFC Vs Christies - I think Christies will give them a red hot go, but will come down to who can run out the game. I think Valleys.. JUST 5 pts.

Good luck to All....
mrp2626
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Blaze of Glory » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:20 pm

Christies won by 3 goal down at the valley in a pretty slippery affair.
Pretty good skills considering.
Blaze of Glory
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Down the Hill » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:32 am

Rained stayed away for the A grade game at Brighton. Final scores Bombers 20-15 d Cove 10-10.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Luke15 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:05 am

Pretty quiet on here after another interesting round of results.

Can someone tell me what happened at Noarlunga on the weekend? Did Noarlunga have a bad day? Were Reynella good?

Brighton and Flaggies the big improvers continue to get the wins. Can both these teams make top 4?? My tip is Flaggies will but Brighton only just out.

Morphett Vale on paper look really strong and results back this up.

OSB/Lonsdale sitting 4th, really happy for Ross and them.
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby jet-airport » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:55 pm

Luke15 wrote:Pretty quiet on here after another interesting round of results.

Can someone tell me what happened at Noarlunga on the weekend? Did Noarlunga have a bad day? Were Reynella good?

Brighton and Flaggies the big improvers continue to get the wins. Can both these teams make top 4?? My tip is Flaggies will but Brighton only just out.

Think the Wineys have strengthened from last year and the Shoes are prob missing a few from 2014 squad.
Winey's very good and clean in second quarter, set the game up there and Shoes kept having a crack but were kept at arms length for the rest of the day.

Its only April so don't read to much into it as I am sure the shoes will get a few back by Sept.

Think Mvale and Flaggies will make up top four with shoes and Winey's.
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:14 pm

Did Noarlunga get out bid for Waylon Johncock who has left the bays (again)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:08 pm

Dutchy wrote:Did Noarlunga get out bid for Waylon Johncock who has left the bays (again)

Kadina apparently paying him $1,200 a game.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Reader » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:55 pm

The SFL have called an emergency AGM for Wednesday night after the shoes loss on the weekend. The are expected to allocate them as many points as they need to ensure 10 goal thrashings don't happen again.
Reader
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby jet-airport » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:29 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Did Noarlunga get out bid for Waylon Johncock who has left the bays (again)

Kadina apparently paying him $1,200 a game.

Shoe boy would have that amount each week in the console of his car wouldn't he ;) :D
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Panther32 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:56 pm

I hear there is a certain peanut that likes to get up in the face of a certain AFL coach plays for a team in the SFL that wears the same colours!
I hope he is ready to cop it!!!
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby shoe boy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:47 am

Luke15 wrote:Pretty quiet on here after another interesting round of results.

Reynella quality side and produced the goods on Sat we didn't.
We look forward to the challenges that lay ahead and the next challenge is an improved Flaggies.
I thought the crowd on Sat was a cracker and caught up with some great past players and the service was respected by all.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby shoe boy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:59 am

Reader wrote:The SFL have called an emergency AGM for Wednesday night after the shoes loss on the weekend. The are expected to allocate them as many points as they need to ensure 10 goal thrashings don't happen again.

:yawinkle:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby ball breaker » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:26 am

[quote="Panther32"]I hear there is a certain peanut that likes to get up in the face of a certain AFL coach plays for a team in the SFL that wears the same colours!
I hope he is ready to cop it!!![/quote

Media reporting he has cried to the cops! if true He's deserving of a bigger don't argue!
ball breaker
Under 16s

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby MatteeG » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:59 pm

Panther32 wrote:I hear there is a certain peanut that likes to get up in the face of a certain AFL coach plays for a team in the SFL that wears the same colours!

LOL- perhaps a footysa media scrum in his face post siren asking how they went? :twisted:
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Off The Wall » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:04 pm

Panther32 wrote:I hear there is a certain peanut that likes to get up in the face of a certain AFL coach plays for a team in the SFL that wears the same colours!

Wonder if his teammates will Help ...
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 22 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL