St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby crabman » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:18 pm

morell wrote:
jo172 wrote:
morell wrote:
Flinders Uni did not meet the criteria by the deadline but were told not to worry about it. Conversely, I have heard, that Wingfield and North Pines were pretty confident they had the numbers, but didn't really understand how to get them all into the "system" on time - and promptly had the book sent into their foreheads.

Can we get a diagram showing this theory?

Can categorically deny that we were given any special treatment, as the deadline approached we informally messaged the league asking about the deadline and whether we would be able to get an extension as the deadline fell the day before uni started and o'week which is our major recruiting ground. This request was denied and we ended up meeting the player numbers 4 or 5 days before deadline. Were they training at the time, nah because they are cricket players, uni students and "lazy" div 7 players, will we have the required players each week- yes.

Didn't realise the registration process had changed since last year or that the Executive Committee was screening phone calls :rolleyes:

Is this guy your source?
ct.jpg
ct.jpg (36.79 KiB) Viewed 4501 times
crabman
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Yank Man » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:26 pm

Nice work crabman.

Back to footy I reckon, that's the real issue.

Houghton look to be the best team and Flinders look to be the worst (sorry crabman) then you could throw a blanket over St Paul's, Adelaide Uni, Angle Vale, Mitchell Park and Salisbury West. 5 teams trying desperately to end up in the top 4. Who said Div 7 was ordinary. Going to be very intriguing and some serious clashes to come. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby morell » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:07 pm

For. ****. Sake.

Can any of you read?

I freely admitted I couldn't substantiate the rumour and that it was scuttlebutt. I even said "pass the aluminum".

morell: this seems odd, i wonder if those rumours are true
safooty: what rumours!?
morell: well i heard this and that, dunno if its true
safooty: tell us more! what did you hear!
morell: well this and this and this
safooty: morell you're crazy
safooty: hahah yeah morell you're nuts
morell: *ponders volunteering for solo one way mission to Mars to escape the stupidity of humanity*
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:04 am

morell wrote:For. ****. Sake.

Can any of you read?

I freely admitted I couldn't substantiate the rumour and that it was scuttlebutt. I even said "pass the aluminum".

morell: this seems odd, i wonder if those rumours are true
safooty: what rumours!?
morell: well i heard this and that, dunno if its true
safooty: tell us more! what did you hear!
morell: well this and this and this
safooty: morell you're crazy
safooty: hahah yeah morell you're nuts
morell: *ponders volunteering for solo one way mission to Mars to escape the stupidity of humanity*

So I guess there's no real harm in allowing North Pines a final swansong in the reserves comp
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby morell » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:07 am

Haha perhaps not.

I think a couple of my points have been lost, overall they are:

1. The Division 7 A grade fixture is a farce.
2. The placement of North Pines in Division 7 Reserves given point number 1 is blatantly unfair on the other teams, especially considering previous years floggings of those same clubs.
3. Wingfield not being able to play in Division 7 given point number 1 is also nonsensical - to the point that crazy conspiracy theories are being used to explain it.
4. The current system of delegates voting on league wide strategy, rules and team placement is bureaucratic suicide.
5. The Executive Committee need more power to make discretionary executive decisions which are clearly for the betterment of the league and competition.
6. Vote #1 morell.

That’s enough for now, I get the feeling people want to do a bit more matey ocker back slapping and self congratulatory circle jerks.
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:24 am

morell wrote:That’s enough for now, I get the feeling people want to do a bit more matey ocker back slapping and self congratulatory circle jerks.

Maybe people just want to discuss actual football in D7, not the politics and reasoning behind allocations of teams in grades which isnt going to change now?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:37 am

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:That’s enough for now, I get the feeling people want to do a bit more matey ocker back slapping and self congratulatory circle jerks.

Maybe people just want to discuss actual football in D7, not the politics and reasoning behind allocations of teams in grades which isnt going to change now?

Nail hit on head, feel free to open up a thread on the matter morell, we do feel your pain but it's set in concrete now.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby marbles » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Nail hit on head, feel free to open up a thread on the matter morell, we do feel your pain but it's set in concrete now.

fixture changes have been made before after round 3 am sure

the aim of the discussion is to put NP in div 7 how will that look and will the fixture require suttle changes or devastating changes

rather than sooking and sooking about it, lets see a blueprint to support the proposal... 8 teams? do NP keep their victories? ie how would this weeks matches look, how does it affect the D7R fixture
Last edited by marbles on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:49 am

morell wrote:Haha perhaps not.

2. The placement of North Pines in Division 7 Reserves given point number 1 is blatantly unfair on the other teams, especially considering previous years floggings of those same clubs.
3. Wingfield not being able to play in Division 7 given point number 1 is also nonsensical - to the point that crazy conspiracy theories are being used to explain it.
4. The current system of delegates voting on league wide strategy, rules and team placement is bureaucratic suicide.
5. The Executive Committee need more power to make discretionary executive decisions which are clearly for the betterment of the league and competition.
6. Vote #1 morell.

That’s enough for now, I get the feeling people want to do a bit more matey ocker back slapping and self congratulatory circle jerks.

Just seems to me they are gradually eliminating their perceived "problem" clubs:
Wingfield Royals
Ovingham
Paralowie
Kaurna Eagles/Glandore
TransAdelaide Tigers
Salisbury Central
Ferryden Park
Mile End Cats
Woodville District
Westfields
Taperoo
Royal Park
The Parks
Croydon

Perhaps to come:
North Pines
Salisbury West
Smithfield
Central United
Mitchell Park
Brahma Lodge
Eastern Park
Angle Vale
West Croydon
Ingle Farm
Elizabeth

Anyone who may make the Old Scholars Cartel feel a little uncomfortable will gradually be eliminated.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:53 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:Just seems to me they are gradually eliminating their perceived "problem" clubs:
Wingfield Royals
Ovingham
Paralowie
Kaurna Eagles/Glandore
TransAdelaide Tigers
Salisbury Central
Ferryden Park
Mile End Cats
Woodville District
Westfields
Taperoo
Royal Park
The Parks
Croydon

Perhaps to come:
North Pines
Salisbury West
Smithfield
Central United
Mitchell Park
Brahma Lodge
Eastern Park
Angle Vale
West Croydon
Ingle Farm
Elizabeth

Anyone who may make the Old Scholars Cartel feel a little uncomfortable will gradually be eliminated.

Trolling 101 with LGIL :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:56 am

Most of that list eliminated themselves lel
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:57 am

marbles wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Zartan wrote:

fixture changes have been made before after round 3 am sure

the aim of the discussion is to put NP in div 7 how will that look and will the fixture require suttle changes or devastating changes

rather than sooking and sooking about it, lets see a blueprint to support the proposal... 8 teams? do NP keep their victories? ie how would this weeks matches look, how does it affect the D7R fixture

So if you play North Pines and then Salisbury West either side of a bye, your B's don't play for a month?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:00 am

Zartan wrote:

Actual football discussion on safooty consists of nothing but inside matey jokes, allegations of cheating, shallow backslaps, cracks at individuals, complaints about poor umpiring and crystal balling.

The times when there has been genuinely good discussion about football people complain about that as well.

I'm starting to think safooty is turning into a sort of social media platform rather than a forum. safootagram? safootbook? safootumblr? safootsnap?

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Yeah understand, it's shite, everyone knows it's shite, and I dont think anyone can do anything about it. Hence my point #5.

As I said happy to leave it.
morell
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:48 am

safootrest.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

6. Vote #1 morell.

Just seems to me they are gradually eliminating their perceived "problem" clubs:
Wingfield Royals
Ovingham
Paralowie
Kaurna Eagles/Glandore
TransAdelaide Tigers
Salisbury Central
Ferryden Park
Mile End Cats
Woodville District
Westfields
Taperoo
Royal Park
The Parks
Croydon

Perhaps to come:
North Pines
Salisbury West
Smithfield
Central United
Mitchell Park
Brahma Lodge
Eastern Park
Angle Vale
West Croydon
Ingle Farm
Elizabeth

Asking a serious question but what did happen to Paralowie and why their demise? It seems a big suburb with a lot of young families in it and I'm surprised it couldn't sustain a football club.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:

6. Vote #1 morell.

Wingfield Royals
Ovingham
Paralowie
Kaurna Eagles/Glandore
TransAdelaide Tigers
Salisbury Central
Ferryden Park
Mile End Cats
Woodville District
Westfields
Taperoo
Royal Park
The Parks
Croydon

Perhaps to come:
North Pines
Salisbury West
Smithfield
Central United
Mitchell Park
Brahma Lodge
Eastern Park
Angle Vale
West Croydon
Ingle Farm
Elizabeth

Asking a serious question but what did happen to Paralowie and why their demise? It seems a big suburb with a lot of young families in it and I'm surprised it couldn't sustain a football club.

@carey will be able to tell the story better, but from memory there was significant defalcations from the Football Club which lead to closing the doors?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Thanks Jo172 that doesn't sound good if one or two have ruined it for many. Any chance of the club starting up again?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby The Real Number 3 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:52 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:

6. Vote #1 morell.

Wingfield Royals
Ovingham
Paralowie
Kaurna Eagles/Glandore
TransAdelaide Tigers
Salisbury Central
Ferryden Park
Mile End Cats
Woodville District
Westfields
Taperoo
Royal Park
The Parks
Croydon

Perhaps to come:
North Pines
Salisbury West
Smithfield
Central United
Mitchell Park
Brahma Lodge
Eastern Park
Angle Vale
West Croydon
Ingle Farm
Elizabeth

Owed the council too much money and was forced to close doors. Footy has not been the same for me ever since. When I win the lotto, I will be bringing them back as..... Paralowie Pirates :D
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:54 pm

Hurry up and win the Lotto.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:58 pm

What was the deal with the Paralowie PIRATES nickname

I have heard a few of there cricketers mention this a few times was it a unofficial nickname or something
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League