HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:07 am

vics01 wrote:Interesting to see Matt Spencely. Played Friday night for the crows was in best then front up again for Kangy on Saturday. Big effort given crows was a night game. Wonder how long he will be able to keep up a couple of games a weekend

Didnt think that was allowed or is that only in some comps?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby spot on » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:40 am

Jim05 wrote:
vics01 wrote:Interesting to see Matt Spencely. Played Friday night for the crows was in best then front up again for Kangy on Saturday. Big effort given crows was a night game. Wonder how long he will be able to keep up a couple of games a weekend

I see Justin Bollenhagen did the same playing for Renmark on Saturday after playing Crows reserves Friday night.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:46 am

Jim05 wrote:

Hills Football League By-Laws

8.6.5. Where a player plays for a Club, a member of the South Australian National Football League Incorporated and is picked by that Club in a team, or in a squad to play in a game prior to, or on the day following any day on which games are played in the League, such player shall not play for a team in this League on the days prior to or following, the days on which they are picked for a Club in the South Australian National Football League Inc. competition, without a permit from the Permit Committee first had and obtained.

So unless they have an approved permit, Kangarilla are in the poo.
Golden Grove did the same thing on the weekend and had their match awarded against them.
In the SFL there is a $1000 fine.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby WingerFC » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:24 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Hills Football League By-Laws

8.6.5. Where a player plays for a Club, a member of the South Australian National Football League Incorporated and is picked by that Club in a team, or in a squad to play in a game prior to, or on the day following any day on which games are played in the League, such player shall not play for a team in this League on the days prior to or following, the days on which they are picked for a Club in the South Australian National Football League Inc. competition, without a permit from the Permit Committee first had and obtained.

So unless they have an approved permit, Kangarilla are in the poo.
Golden Grove did the same thing on the weekend and had their match awarded against them.
In the SFL there is a $1000 fine.

Does that mean Kangy are only 1 point worse off if they forfeit since they went down by 59 points anyway? Will only help Bridgys percentage without conceding any points. Apparently Kangy have a gun forward they are unable to clear from the SFL too.
WingerFC
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby saintal » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:56 pm

Sedan-Cambrai knocked off Gum by 5 goals. Won the B grade by 10 goals also. Well done SC.

Gum with a few problems it seems.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:44 am

saintal wrote:Sedan-Cambrai knocked off Gum by 5 goals. Won the B grade by 10 goals also. Well done SC.

Wow, great effort by a team that was kicked out briefly for not being competitive enough
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby doubletrouble » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:59 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
saintal wrote:Sedan-Cambrai knocked off Gum by 5 goals. Won the B grade by 10 goals also. Well done SC.

Wow, great effort by a team that was kicked out briefly for not being competitive enough

Gum going for the spoon this season.
doubletrouble
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby doubletrouble » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:32 pm

Should be a good hit out between the rams and Brooks this weekend. Both teams have had some good wins early. I'm tipping the rams in a close one
doubletrouble
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:09 pm

great result for sedan seems like the long journey to change the clubs culture has had a decent start! well done to all involved especially Alan Harvey hopefully they can get a few more wins!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby cossi11 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:08 am

wonder_kid wrote:great result for sedan seems like the long journey to change the clubs culture has had a decent start! well done to all involved especially Alan Harvey hopefully they can get a few more wins!

Well done to Harvs and Sedan on getting an early win on the board.

Having played a lot of footy with Harvs and seen his coaching style there is one thing you cannot question about the bloke, he is as passionate and determined as they come. Of course he would’ve been happy with the win and his boys but knowing Harvs it would be straight back to business looking at getting that second win on the board. Here is a question, when was the last time Sedan were in the top 5? A win this week might see them inside the top 5.

Well done to Sedan, you have picked up a great bloke with a good footy brain who appears to have had an early impact on the direction of the club both on and off the field.
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby cossi11 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:33 am

doubletrouble wrote:Should be a good hit out between the rams and Brooks this weekend. Both teams have had some good wins early. I'm tipping the rams in a close one

Having already played against both these teams and seen them first hand I think this game will be an absolute belter. This could be a potential grand final preview I think but I will have more of an idea after seeing Bridgewater this weekend. I think it is fairly obvious that these 3 teams will be right up there come the pointy end of the season.

Both Nairne and Kersbrook have some experienced players that are very good users of the ball, they both rarely turn the ball over so i think it will be end to end stuff all day. Both teams can transition from defence to attack very quickly so it should be an entertaining game for spectators.

I think Nairne will have a bit too much run for Kersbrook and will get up in a close one by 2 goals...

Is Ladhams playing this weekend?
cossi11
League - Top 5

Postby Toto » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:37 pm

cossi11 wrote:
doubletrouble wrote:Should be a good hit out between the rams and Brooks this weekend. Both teams have had some good wins early. I'm tipping the rams in a close one

Having already played against both these teams and seen them first hand I think this game will be an absolute belter. This could be a potential grand final preview I think but I will have more of an idea after seeing Bridgewater this weekend. I think it is fairly obvious that these 3 teams will be right up there come the pointy end of the season.

Both Nairne and Kersbrook have some experienced players that are very good users of the ball, they both rarely turn the ball over so i think it will be end to end stuff all day. Both teams can transition from defence to attack very quickly so it should be an entertaining game for spectators.

I think Nairne will have a bit too much run for Kersbrook and will get up in a close one by 2 goals...

Is Ladhams playing this weekend?

Spot on, two very different teams in that kersbrook are very experienced and big bodied, Nairne are more of a faster running side with a pretty dangerous forward line if they have a full deck. Will be very very close! Weather might play a big part in it as well.
Would it be barbaric of me to tip a draw???
Reserves game will be a cracker too.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby saintal » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:29 pm

cossi11 wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:great result for sedan seems like the long journey to change the clubs culture has had a decent start! well done to all involved especially Alan Harvey hopefully they can get a few more wins!

Well done to Harvs and Sedan on getting an early win on the board.

Having played a lot of footy with Harvs and seen his coaching style there is one thing you cannot question about the bloke, he is as passionate and determined as they come. Of course he would’ve been happy with the win and his boys but knowing Harvs it would be straight back to business looking at getting that second win on the board. Here is a question, when was the last time Sedan were in the top 5? A win this week might see them inside the top 5.

Well done to Sedan, you have picked up a great bloke with a good footy brain who appears to have had an early impact on the direction of the club both on and off the field.

Wouldn't have happened in the HFL.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Sniper » Sat May 02, 2015 8:49 pm

Kangys defeat Gums 93 to 86 in a good ol game of country footy.
Sniper
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Sat May 02, 2015 9:05 pm

Sniper wrote:Kangys defeat Gums 93 to 86 in a good ol game of country footy.

Would suggest a very interesting game next week between S/C and Kangarilla.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby wonder_kid » Sat May 02, 2015 9:13 pm

Why does it take so long to get the scores up!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

wonder_kid wrote:Why does it take so long to get the scores up!

Clubs can be lazy at times. No reason all scores cant be up by 6-6:30 with modern technology
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby cossi11 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:31 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Clubs can be lazy at times. No reason all scores cant be up by 6-6:30 with modern technology

I think in the SAAFL you get fined if they are not updated by 6pm...

Birdwood went down today by 2 points!

I'm keen to see the result between Nairne and Kersbrook.. Since it was a sunny day i think Nairne would have got the chocolates
cossi11
League - Top 5

Postby Sniper » Sat May 02, 2015 10:25 pm

cossi11 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

I think in the SAAFL you get fined if they are not updated by 6pm...

Birdwood went down today by 2 points!

I'm keen to see the result between Nairne and Kersbrook.. Since it was a sunny day i think Nairne would have got the chocolates

Correct prediction with Nairne winners by 5 gls.
Sniper
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby cracka » Sun May 03, 2015 8:38 am

Jim05 wrote:

Pretty sure it's a sportingpulse issue & not clubs being lazy.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy