Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Snags » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:40 pm

OnSong wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:
Snags wrote:I didn't see the game but for who that watched hummocks vs balak. How did josh Appleby get the Anzac Day medal but not get named in his clubs best players?

It is a "most courageous" medal and not best on ground. On song might be able to say who selects it.

The umpires pick it and maybe they felt Josh was best on ground. He played well. Maybe not BOG but that's subjective. The players named in the Eagles' top six were who the coach and assistants felt were their best contributors, although in a good win, you're always going to have more than six good performers.
Josh, modest as the young fella is, was a bit surprised to win it but good luck to the lad.
Nathan Greenshields won it last year and got three votes for the match, which suggests to me it's not about courage and more about overall performance.

Thanks OS.. Was just curious :D
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Snags » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:46 pm

norm11 wrote:Did I hear correctly that two wells didn't hand out best players Saturday night?

That is correct. When you win by 298pts there is gonna be plenty who played well. So they got all the awards and what they are worth and put a bar tab on for all the senior netball and senior footballers.
Snags
Under 16s

Postby hairy cat » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:05 pm

Snags wrote:
norm11 wrote:Did I hear correctly that two wells didn't hand out best players Saturday night?

That is correct. When you win by 298pts there is gonna be plenty who played well. So they got all the awards and what they are worth and put a bar tab on for all the senior netball and senior footballers.

Great idea Hamleys merchants from last year wouldn't have accept if they were still around
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Snags » Fri May 01, 2015 3:04 am

hairy cat wrote:
Snags wrote:

Great idea Hamleys merchants from last year wouldn't have accept if they were still around

3 rounds in and there is a great feel at the roosters. 2 successful weekends on the field and on the Saturday night :lol:
Snags
Under 16s

Postby OnSong » Fri May 01, 2015 10:19 am

Snags wrote:
hairy cat wrote:
Snags wrote:

3 rounds in and there is a great feel at the roosters. 2 successful weekends on the field and on the Saturday night :lol:

Couldn't sleep mate?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Snags » Fri May 01, 2015 11:53 am

Early start for some OS
Snags
Under 16s

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri May 01, 2015 12:55 pm

Tips for this week

United v Two Wells - Bias will always see me tip the Tiges. Gonna be a good test for us and see where we are depth wise tomorrow against Two Wells who are flying. Wells probably have the best backline in the comp and a midfield which always performs. Looking forward to watching a good game.

Balaklava v Hamley - Good opportunity for Balak to get their first win and rest some sore bodies. Won't be a 40 goal margin like last week however I reckon Balak can kick 30. Hamley to get on the score board and kick 3.2 for the day.

Hummocks v Virginia - Virginia too good here, but Hummocks will be up and about after a great win last week. Virginia by 8 goals would be my tip with Sam Baker continuing his great start to the year keeping Niklaus under 5 goals. He will be under the Hammer though cause I think the ball will be down there a lot.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby 23rd man » Fri May 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Two wells 17 pts
Balak 195pts
Virginia 21 pts
23rd man

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri May 01, 2015 1:09 pm

Tips:
Two Wells by 38 points.
Balaklava by 229 points.
Virginia by 11 points - a HWE win not surprise me here though.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby OnSong » Fri May 01, 2015 1:24 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:Tips:
Two Wells by 38 points.
Balaklava by 229 points.
Virginia by 11 points - a HWE win not surprise me here though.

I'd be surprised if HWE won but I wouldn't call it impossible. No Light or Wingfield hurts but full strength they'll be tough to beat.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Snags » Fri May 01, 2015 6:33 pm

Two wells 34pts
Balaklava 178pts
Virginia 23pts
Snags
Under 16s

Postby GIDDY UP! » Sat May 02, 2015 11:39 am

Two Well 48pts
Balaklava 185pts
Virginia 33pts
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Snags » Sun May 03, 2015 1:26 am

Big out for two wells. Michael Abdilla has had a big pre season and a good start to the season, out for at least 6 weeks with a broken arm!
Snags
Under 16s

Postby magpieeagle » Sun May 03, 2015 8:32 pm

When does the A grade association usually start training? And any idea of coach
Hamley done well to supply U15 trainer, Hear mostly all agree with the roster system
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby OnSong » Sun May 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Snags wrote:Big out for two wells. Michael Abdilla has had a big pre season and a good start to the season, out for at least 6 weeks with a broken arm!

Though break. Handy player but sucks for him too. Lot of guys his size so bit of competition for his spot in the team I would imagine.
OnSong
Coach

Postby hairy cat » Sun May 03, 2015 10:09 pm

OnSong wrote:
Snags wrote:Big out for two wells. Michael Abdilla has had a big pre season and a good start to the season, out for at least 6 weeks with a broken arm!

Though break. Handy player but sucks for him too. Lot of guys his size so bit of competition for his spot in the team I would imagine.
l missing Saturday Leighton Featherstone wise allmond pontt they did well to cover them how many on top of your
21 are replaceable as they smashed long plains
hairy cat
Under 16s

Postby OnSong » Sun May 03, 2015 10:23 pm

hairy cat wrote:
OnSong wrote:

l missing Saturday Leighton Featherstone wise allmond pontt they did well to cover them how many on top of your

Maybe snags could translate that. Not sure if you're asking a question or not?
OnSong
Coach

Postby ramsgate » Mon May 04, 2015 9:54 am

Longies had some handy outs aswell I see but that's a great effort by Wells. If I'm not mistaken Fetherstonehaugh (runner up B&F), Allmond (5x B&F), Pontt (Best FB in the league), Khan Leighton (B&F Premiership year) & Wise (Up and Coming Player) is a chunk missing for a 12 goal win. These guys long term injuries snags??
ramsgate
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Snags » Mon May 04, 2015 12:37 pm

ramsgate wrote:Longies had some handy outs aswell I see but that's a great effort by Wells. If I'm not mistaken Fetherstonehaugh (runner up B&F), Allmond (5x B&F), Pontt (Best FB in the league), Khan Leighton (B&F Premiership year) & Wise (Up and Coming Player) is a chunk missing for a 12 goal win. These guys long term injuries snags??

Well we are very lucky with depth, with a lot of fringe players stepping up when they need too. All 5 that were out have played association footy except maybe feathers. So that is a big chunk of our core out but on a positive note most of that handful should be back this week if not, then the game after.
Snags
Under 16s

Postby hairy cat » Mon May 04, 2015 1:20 pm

hairy cat wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Drop the 1st letter in the sentence os and it makes a little sense surely
hairy cat
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy