4%
Rosewater
13%
Woodville South
7%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Postby Robran » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I don't get around the club as much as I'd like, but seems things are looking a bit grim at the EFC.
Looks like a few players out for about a month. Six or seven players, so I've been told.
Some easy pickings for the opposition over coming weeks?

Yes dog watcher not good ATM but that's footy I guess I'm sure other clubs maybe in same vote. We have some reserve players that will need to step up now and hopefully do the job for us..
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Danky$$ » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:09 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Danky$$ wrote:Big test for the tos ressys this week. Hope the little wizard gets them up and about after seeing some pictures of him grooving in the moo.
Dusty scenes..... Up the tos toot toot

Try Div 6 thread @Danky$$

Planning ahead.

Ha sorry boys.
Danky$$
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby thejuddernaught » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:48 am

The 2 division 6 grand finalists from last year sitting 3-0! Seems i've chosen a good weekend to come home when they play off again on May 16th.
Owe them one.
thejuddernaught
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Southern Eagles

Postby BFG » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:53 am

Robran wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:I don't get around the club as much as I'd like, but seems things are looking a bit grim at the EFC.
Looks like a few players out for about a month. Six or seven players, so I've been told.
Some easy pickings for the opposition over coming weeks?

Yes dog watcher not good ATM but that's footy I guess I'm sure other clubs maybe in same vote. We have some reserve players that will need to step up now and hopefully do the job for us..

BOS, Luthies, Woody sth and Para Hills in the next month. Would think that even with a few out you could beat woody sth and luthies. Para Hills and BOS will be a tough test though.

Massive game for us this week versus the in form doggies. Win and stay in touch with BOS and Rosies, lose and we fall another game behind. Hoping to put in a much better performance at home than we did last outing versus blacks.

Para Hills v Pultney will be a really interesting game based on results so far. Elizabeth v BOS also could be a great game against two teams that will likely play finals. Great weekend of footy ahead!
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby ROOBOY18 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:26 am

Congratulations to former Elizabeth player Josh Glenn, he will be making his AFL debut tomorrow for the SUNS, to think he was playing Div 4 footy a couple of years ago, just shows what commitment and hard work can do! All the best Josh.
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 01, 2015 9:46 am

ROOBOY18 wrote:Congratulations to former Elizabeth player Josh Glenn, he will be making his AFL debut tomorrow for the SUNS, to think he was playing Div 4 footy a couple of years ago, just shows what commitment and hard work can do! All the best Josh.

Great news, he was nearly playing at Eastern Park this season.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Demon Juke » Fri May 01, 2015 7:12 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:Congratulations to former Elizabeth player Josh Glenn, he will be making his AFL debut tomorrow for the SUNS, to think he was playing Div 4 footy a couple of years ago, just shows what commitment and hard work can do! All the best Josh.

Good luck to Josh & his family, his dad was a very handy player / coach and a good bloke, I am sure is family would be very proud.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun May 03, 2015 9:53 am

How did Pulteney enjoy "Shitsville", humiliating loss and cold showers? :lol:

Little degrading comments can become quiet the motivating factor it would seem... ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Robran » Sun May 03, 2015 11:15 am

Well done to blackfriars yestie far to good for us. Very well drilled side that love to run and spread also work there asses off for each other which really stood out. My boys have a lot of work to do and with our injury count ATM it will be very hard but that's footy. Blackfriars don't seem to have to much depth in the 2s just my observation so if they cop a few injuries could bring them down a cog. But again well done on your win and best of luck for the remainder of the season.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby wassprinttospace » Mon May 04, 2015 9:25 am

Great work by the BOS A grade on Saturday. Just keep getting the job done albeit against some undermanned opposition from time to time as we hear .
The B grade however is a different story ... depth is not a concern as AB has pushed players up into the A grade each week so far and they've done really well. There were 2 on Saturday who contributed well to the win. We do however need to work on getting back to keeping things simple and helping the inexperienced guys to improve their understanding of the game. We believe the ability is there to be far more competitive duuing the game and on the scoreboard. Our B grade for whatever reason over our 9 years have struggeld other than in '07 and in the same time our A grade have won 3 flags so it is a bit unusual.
Well done to the Elizabeth B grade umpire on Saturday as well.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby BFG » Mon May 04, 2015 9:31 am

Robran wrote:Well done to blackfriars yestie far to good for us. Very well drilled side that love to run and spread also work there asses off for each other which really stood out. My boys have a lot of work to do and with our injury count ATM it will be very hard but that's footy. Blackfriars don't seem to have to much depth in the 2s just my observation so if they cop a few injuries could bring them down a cog. But again well done on your win and best of luck for the remainder of the season.

Same thing happenned when they played us. Extremely well drilled, worked very hard both ways. If you arent super tight with them at stoppages they will cut you to pieces with quick hands and run.

We had a good win against some tough opposition on the weekend. Rosewater when up and about on saturday looked very dangerous and will be around come finals time.

Another weekend of footy in the books! Looking forward to heading into town to play Pultney this week who will be keen to bounce back after their loss. Should be a cracker!
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue May 05, 2015 9:25 pm

And a great game he played too. very proud of him, a lot of people were disappointed we saw him back at EFC couple season ago. but then he jut clicked mentally and nek minute.... AFL! I hope he inspires some other lads that grew up in Elizabeth to never give up if you dont take your 1st opportunity, hard work will give you another chance.
Dunno if Gub found any red cans up at Metricon?.. but im sure he enjoyed that game more than anyone!

With 3 club suspensions today at GC, he will get a massive run in midfield this week, ive already locked him into my DreamTeam mids haha.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 05, 2015 10:34 pm

good grief, look what the cat dragged in! :lol: @Duncs
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue May 05, 2015 10:41 pm

Footy Chick wrote:good grief, look what the cat dragged in! :lol: @Duncs

i still keep an eye on these forums regularly, quietly stalking in the background.....
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed May 06, 2015 12:08 am

You playing in the 3's this week Duncs? Have to catch up for a beer after the game if you are?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed May 06, 2015 12:04 pm

Duncs won't be playing, he's pregnant. Just look at his guts ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby BFG » Wed May 06, 2015 1:47 pm

Looks to be a few one sided games on paper this week

Elizabeth v luthies - even with elizabeths injury list you would expect that they will get the job done at home versus the winless luthies.

Para Hills v Greenies - Looks to be an even game based on results and with Para Hills at home i guess they would start favourites but could go either way this one i think.

Rosies v CBC - Could be close but having played both already this year i rate rosewater a bit higher. rosies by around 5 goals at home but wouldnt be surprised to see this blow out a bit.

Pultney v CLG - Ticking another club off of my "played against" list. Am very interested to see how we go against them as their results have been a bit up and down. I'm confident we can get the win but will have to be playing our best, would say the results will be under 4 goals.

Blackfriars v woody sth - probably the most lopsided game on paper but you never know what the young cats could bring to the table. They will need to be ready to mark tightly and work for each other if they are going to get close to BOS who i'm still thoroughly impressed with. You'd have to say BOS by 60+ at home though
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Postby valleys07 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:03 pm

BFG wrote:Looks to be a few one sided games on paper this week

Elizabeth v luthies - even with elizabeths injury list you would expect that they will get the job done at home versus the winless luthies.

Para Hills v Greenies - Looks to be an even game based on results and with Para Hills at home i guess they would start favourites but could go either way this one i think.

Rosies v CBC - Could be close but having played both already this year i rate rosewater a bit higher. rosies by around 5 goals at home but wouldnt be surprised to see this blow out a bit.

Pultney v CLG - Ticking another club off of my "played against" list. Am very interested to see how we go against them as their results have been a bit up and down. I'm confident we can get the win but will have to be playing our best, would say the results will be under 4 goals.

Blackfriars v woody sth - probably the most lopsided game on paper but you never know what the young cats could bring to the table. They will need to be ready to mark tightly and work for each other if they are going to get close to BOS who i'm still thoroughly impressed with. You'd have to say BOS by 60+ at home though

Looking at photo's from "the lions den"- its fair to say you fulfill the role of "spectator in a players strip", quite nicely BFG :lol:
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby BFG » Wed May 06, 2015 3:34 pm

valleys07 wrote:
BFG wrote:Looks to be a few one sided games on paper this week

Looking at photo's from "the lions den"- its fair to say you fulfill the role of "spectator in a players strip", quite nicely BFG :lol:

haha thats me mate. minister in charge of encouragement and team morale!
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Postby BenchedEagle » Wed May 06, 2015 8:25 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:You playing in the 3's this week Duncs? Have to catch up for a beer after the game if you are?

Ive long since retired my old friend. Too old too slow. But i turn 35 in August. Does that make me elligble for masters yet? ;)
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League