Round 5 - Live Scores and waffle

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 5 - Live Scores and waffle

Postby matt35 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:34 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am guessing the minimum standards being discussed would only take in to account the ability for the players to play safely, and not so much the experience for spectators. I would tend to go with less night games myself, and definitely agree playing them after Mid May is just a bad idea. Not that tonight was by any means a bad night, even at Noarlunga which is traditionally cold and windy!

Went down tonight, needless to say it was pretty ugly and angry going out of the ground with people demanding refunds and being told no. Felt for the people on the gate who were clearly only the messengers, but they were giving people very vague answers as to how they would be compensated. Free entry tomorrow but of course for various reasons many people were stating they would be unable to make it.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby heater31 » Sat May 02, 2015 11:00 pm

matt35 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am guessing the minimum standards being discussed would only take in to account the ability for the players to play safely, and not so much the experience for spectators. I would tend to go with less night games myself, and definitely agree playing them after Mid May is just a bad idea. Not that tonight was by any means a bad night, even at Noarlunga which is traditionally cold and windy!

Went down tonight, needless to say it was pretty ugly and angry going out of the ground with people demanding refunds and being told no. Felt for the people on the gate who were clearly only the messengers, but they were giving people very vague answers as to how they would be compensated. Free entry tomorrow but of course for various reasons many people were stating they would be unable to make it.

Funny that the SANFL close their Gate keeper department this year forcing the clubs to contact each of them directly to staff each club's gate individually. In reality they would have had a ******* clue what was going on and just refused on the night and let SANFL management sort it out on Monday morning
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby RustyCage » Sat May 02, 2015 11:46 pm

I haven't bought a ticket to an SANFL game for many years but don't you just get a little paper thing which you almost instantly hand over to the guy at the gate? Once you're through the gate you don't have any physical proof of having bought a ticket other than being inside the ground?
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby southee » Sat May 02, 2015 11:48 pm

RustyCage wrote:I haven't bought a ticket to an SANFL game for many years but don't you just get a little paper thing which you almost instantly hand over to the guy at the gate? Once you're through the gate you don't have any physical proof of having bought a ticket other than being inside the ground?

Yeah that's correct. Will be interesting how they deal with this issue and refund people who paid to get in. (with nil evidence)
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby matt35 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:10 am

I for one chose to pay rather than use my Crows ticket to gain entry, and will not lose any sleep over a refund as I gain entry on a concession rate anyway. But I feel for couples/families who went and the option of a refund certainly should be available. One thing being suggested on the gates was that the club may choose to offer free entry to a future South game for those who turned up, but the whole thing is a mess because people will have absolutely no way of proving whether they were there tonight or not.

Personally I was baffled too about the announcement that the game was postponed due to not being able to guarantee the lights wouldn't fail again; surely an attempt should have been made to play the game, and deal with another light failure if it happened I would've thought! I remember a pre season game back in the 80s where the lights failed twice but they still pushed on once they came back on, and were only going to postpone the game if they failed for a third time. A total mess and South and the SANFL will be hearing from plenty of annoyed supporters come Monday morning I suspect.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Postby whufc » Sun May 03, 2015 9:26 am

SANFL = Joke!!!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Sun May 03, 2015 10:04 am

Fluffbag wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I can blame the Crows for anything I like be it world starvation or boutd of gout I get! :P

If you are a Geelong supporter then are you happy with the cats (and other AFL teams) taken over the VFA just like the power and the crows have done with the sanfl.

Not sure what it has to do with discussion on Round 5 of the SANFL but Geelong were in the VFA in its formative year in 1877 ans won several VFA flags, they can do what they want in a comp they have a history with over 130 years. Feel free to continue on the conversation in the whinge thread if you like.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Mic » Sun May 03, 2015 11:14 am

Surely South could have quickly organised a marked ticket of some sort (such as a raffle ticket) that could be used as proof of attendance, to be given to people as they were leaving, that could be used for getting a refund during the week or to be used for attending today's game. Obviously people who didn't pay to get in would also be able to claim these 'tickets' if they were being dishonest, but that's South's tough luck for not providing the 'entertainment' they were supposed to.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby PhilH » Sun May 03, 2015 11:16 am

South have made a statement this morning .... that they will make a further statement tomorrow morning.

http://footetimes.com/crows-v-south-game-postponed/
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:36 am

Complete and utter bollocks about suggesting Norwood move their next match from next friday night!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11850 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:38 am

Crows can gefugged, play on Friday night or forfeit the game you bunch of carnts.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:41 am

Just highlights the compromised position of the SANFL comp even further.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun May 03, 2015 11:42 am

1372 there last night, lucky it was a nice night for footy.

3029 at Unley was a good crowd
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Sun May 03, 2015 11:44 am

Jim05 wrote:Crows can gefugged, play on Friday night or forfeit the game you bunch of carnts.

Even if we wanted to, I don't see how we could move the match, there are too many pre-organised things in terms of running the matchday.

Even if we could, it would be nice if for just once our club could tell them to f*** off.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby heater31 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:47 am

JK wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Crows can gefugged, play on Friday night or forfeit the game you bunch of carnts.

Even if we wanted to, I don't see how we could move the match, there are too many pre-organised things in terms of running the matchday.

Even if we could, it would be nice if for just once our club could tell them to f*** off.

If there is a mandatory 5 day break between matches under the agreement then how do Essendon & Collingwood go with ANZAC Day matches where sometimes it's 3 days......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:48 am

So its ok for the SANFL to move the ANZAC day fixture to Friday thus giving Norwood a 5 day break whilst the professionals get a 6 day break. OK I can see how thats fair!
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:56 am

Will it be moved to 1pm sat?
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby sjt » Sun May 03, 2015 11:57 am

Wedgie wrote:1372 there last night, lucky it was a nice night for footy.

3029 at Unley was a good crowd

I've just worked out how the crows will get their 4000 to a game- make people turn up twice.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby JK » Sun May 03, 2015 11:57 am

heater31 wrote:
JK wrote:

If there is a mandatory 5 day break between matches under the agreement then how do Essendon & Collingwood go with ANZAC Day matches where sometimes it's 3 days......

You would think the AFLPA will grant an exemption, really just hurts players trying to break into an AFL lineup if they don't. Either way, shouldn't be anyone's problem other than the AFC.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby matt35 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:04 pm

Cannot see the Norwood game being moved and nor should it be. This mess isn't Norwood's problem. If it means the Crows playing all top ups so be it, but I'd like to think as suggested in the Footytimes article the option of a one off excemption to the CBA be made; that would seem to be the common sense solution here.

Another good crowd at Unley; Sturt consistently up in the high 2s to low 3s it seems as they were most of last year. Good to see! Not sure what the crowd would have ended up at South, I know as we were leaving people were still arriving so probably could ad a bit to the official 1372.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL