Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby King » Sat May 02, 2015 8:49 pm

Numbers wrote:Can anyone confirm 100% if this is true?

If true, there would be REAL Life Members turning in their graves that the club they built is being given away.

Also, if true I am sure the league could step in & take away points & premiership points for brining the game into disrepute?

It is choices like these that can destroy football clubs! Then again, Trevor couldn't give a shit about the club, just his personal win loss ratio!

Flaggies played the Shoes today and the player in question was on the Shoes team sheet with 4 points allocated.

Flaggies got up by 2 pts in a thriller after a great contest which was a credit to suburban footy.
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Numbers » Sat May 02, 2015 9:21 pm

From Kings post, that suggests that the rumor isn't true!

Pantherman, no grudge against the NFC & think some of things they are doing (Tiwi guys) are great.

But to make Life Members out of random blokes to save points would be a mockery of the Life Members list!
Numbers
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby vics01 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:05 pm

Understand the Life membership issue had been referred to the SACFL/SANFL for an investigation hearing.. Wonder what will come of that? give in open policy for all.. Rule against will NFC take the next step and head to the courts??

Further hear a rumour NFC are also attempting to get a discount on points for any of the boys from Tiwi and other places North as they are calling it program.. They only need to walk out the back door of the club and cross South Road to find young blokes who could part of a similar program.. Must give the brains behind the scheme/s a big A for all the effort they are going to.
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun May 03, 2015 12:07 am

Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby words of wisdom » Sun May 03, 2015 12:02 pm

Oldman Munga wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
Oldman Munga wrote:Heard talk of this last night , I'm speechless ,dumbfounded and disappointed , personally I would rather win the spoon than resort to this

Understand the sentiment, but without bending the rules I am not sure how you are going to keep recruiting Tiwi Island boys, unless they are coming to play B-Grade.

Nothing to do with Tiwi lads we only have Moreen (1pt) , think it's more about the imbalance should Johncock (2) and Betts (3) both be called up to Crows SANFL duties ,having 3 of our players on the Crows top up list creates all sorts of scenarios week to week ,
Regardless Of the reasoning I'm against this course of action
Seriously just f**k the whole points system off , it's a load of crap , the game survived 125 yrs without it , clubs can't attract quality players to the comp because of it ,sponsors and members deserve better for their money ,
Wouldn't it be nice if the Redcoats had the lollies to tell the CFL to shove the points and let the clubs get on with it
:butthead:
Oh well it is what it is and we have to get on with it ](*,) ](*,) :weedman:

The point system can work if it's followed. Look at the results in the GSFL. No club has ever been awarded extra points since it's inception.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Mister Footy » Sun May 03, 2015 12:56 pm

After yesterday's game confident to say Reynella can book a GF berth - can't see anyone getting near them.

Course our coach said at 3 quarter time we're still in with a shot & you've really pushed them....
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun May 03, 2015 1:08 pm

words of wisdom wrote:
Oldman Munga wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
Oldman Munga wrote:Heard talk of this last night , I'm speechless ,dumbfounded and disappointed , personally I would rather win the spoon than resort to this

Understand the sentiment, but without bending the rules I am not sure how you are going to keep recruiting Tiwi Island boys, unless they are coming to play B-Grade.

Nothing to do with Tiwi lads we only have Moreen (1pt) , think it's more about the imbalance should Johncock (2) and Betts (3) both be called up to Crows SANFL duties ,having 3 of our players on the Crows top up list creates all sorts of scenarios week to week ,
Regardless Of the reasoning I'm against this course of action
Seriously just f**k the whole points system off , it's a load of crap , the game survived 125 yrs without it , clubs can't attract quality players to the comp because of it ,sponsors and members deserve better for their money ,
Wouldn't it be nice if the Redcoats had the lollies to tell the CFL to shove the points and let the clubs get on with it
:butthead:
Oh well it is what it is and we have to get on with it ](*,) ](*,) :weedman:

The point system can work if it's followed. Look at the results in the GSFL. No club has ever been awarded extra points since it's inception.

Is there any difference to before the points system? I didn't know there was a problem that needed restrictions like that.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby King » Sun May 03, 2015 3:59 pm

Two weeks in a row that Noarlunga have lost all five grades.

A club on the slide??????
King
Under 16s

Postby tigerpie » Sun May 03, 2015 7:52 pm

Mister Footy wrote:After yesterday's game confident to say Reynella can book a GF berth - can't see anyone getting near them.

Course our coach said at 3 quarter time we're still in with a shot & you've really pushed them....

Yep they looked pretty slick yesterday. Great depth in the big bloke dept. No Ciampa but Ellison was very good and another ruckman to be available in a couple of weeks.
Some of the centre square work was a joy to watch.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Front & Centre » Mon May 04, 2015 11:24 am

tigerpie wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:After yesterday's game confident to say Reynella can book a GF berth - can't see anyone getting near them.

Yep they looked pretty slick yesterday. Great depth in the big bloke dept. No Ciampa but Ellison was very good and another ruckman to be available in a couple of weeks.

From a HV perspective it was far from a joy to watch. Understand new coach needs time to settle but what I saw and his response or lack there of was not the Viking spirit I know and love. Too many people blaming the departure of players and injuries. Time to look at what is really going on before we sink lower. It seems some of those who are in a position to do something spent Saturday afternoon drowning their sorrows instead.
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby twobob » Mon May 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Front & Centre wrote:
tigerpie wrote:

From a HV perspective it was far from a joy to watch. Understand new coach needs time to settle but what I saw and his response or lack there of was not the Viking spirit I know and love. Too many people blaming the departure of players and injuries. Time to look at what is really going on before we sink lower. It seems some of those who are in a position to do something spent Saturday afternoon drowning their sorrows instead.

Maybe they were in deep discussion as to who is going to take over from the two bananas you have there at the moment. as far as coaches go this appointment was a huge step back for the Valleys. The administration has got it completely wrong this time and in an off season when there was some pretty good coaches up for grabs. Could be an interesting AGM at the end of this season.
twobob
Rookie

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby jet-airport » Mon May 04, 2015 2:23 pm

twobob wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:
tigerpie wrote:

Maybe they were in deep discussion as to who is going to take over from the two bananas you have there at the moment. as far as coaches go this appointment was a huge step back for the Valleys. The administration has got it completely wrong this time and in an off season when there was some pretty good coaches up for grabs. Could be an interesting AGM at the end of this season.

During half time free lunch and bevvies A Happy Valley dignitary was heard saying the club "expected a 20 goal loss before the game even started". :shock:
Pretty poor, wonder what the playing group think of the support from this board member?

IMO Thought besides the first 5 -7 minutes of the 1st quarter, Valleys were alright in first half. But after half time, not much resistance shown at all.
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Mister Footy » Mon May 04, 2015 2:39 pm

Are you for real Jet Airport? This is worse than I thought. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe those board members should get their head out their a** and look at what is actually happening. Have heard they are "not wanting players to run the club" but time to admit you stuffed up and fix the situation before you lose more players, supporters and sponsors

Can cope with losing games but can't cope with people who are happy to be there for the glory but when the tough calls need to be made they are only there for the free p*ss. If you cant do your job then get out and let someone else who has some b*lls do it instead. :evil:
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby King » Mon May 04, 2015 3:15 pm

banterfordays wrote:
reppoh_eht wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:Interesting time at the Valleys.....

$o the rumour$ are true that a few have packed it in and gone el$ewhere?

Or has someone been shown the door? Or at least the dicrection?

My tips this week
Christies by 12
Cove by 120
Noarlunga by 30
Hackam by 9
Morphetvale by 100
Brighton by 6
Reynella by 25

Hey Banter, next time maybe a bit more respect for your own team !!
King
Under 16s

Postby Reader » Mon May 04, 2015 3:52 pm

Interesting coaching appointment from the outside. Any reason why HV didn't go after Ben Coleman? HV past player, has been back in the SFL for a few years and seems to be doing a good job with the young Emu squad.
Reader
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon May 04, 2015 5:44 pm

Mister Footy wrote:Are you for real Jet Airport? This is worse than I thought. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe those board members should get their head out their a** and look at what is actually happening. Have heard they are "not wanting players to run the club" but time to admit you stuffed up and fix the situation before you lose more players, supporters and sponsors

Can cope with losing games but can't cope with people who are happy to be there for the glory but when the tough calls need to be made they are only there for the free p*ss. If you cant do your job then get out and let someone else who has some b*lls do it instead. :evil:

I remember the days when Happy Valley did not contribute to this forum. Now they fight it out here for everyone to see - one extreme to the other!
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby banterfordays » Mon May 04, 2015 9:03 pm

King wrote:
banterfordays wrote:
reppoh_eht wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:Interesting time at the Valleys.....

$o the rumour$ are true that a few have packed it in and gone el$ewhere?

Or has someone been shown the door? Or at least the dicrection?

My tips this week
Christies by 12
Cove by 120
Noarlunga by 30
Hackam by 9
Morphetvale by 100
Brighton by 6
Reynella by 25

Hey Banter, next time maybe a bit more respect for your own team !!

FHFC were very good, with a late inclusion looking to be a real point of difference going forward
I thought they were going to blow us off in the 3rd quarter and my prediction to come true but they stood up well late

It's always good to be a glass half empty and always be happily surprised
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 04, 2015 9:46 pm

Both Flaggies and Shoes had a few key players out I believe, was still the best SFL game Ive seen for a few years, the ball was moving ridiculously quick up and down the field.

Good to see our HV recruit kick the pressure goal to put us in front.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby ol man emu » Mon May 04, 2015 10:57 pm

Reader wrote:Interesting coaching appointment from the outside. Any reason why HV didn't go after Ben Coleman? HV past player, has been back in the SFL for a few years and seems to be doing a good job with the young Emu squad.

B.C. didn't want the job at Valley. Unfinished business at Morphett Vale. I think he only has 1 or 2 years left in the S.F.L.
before he follows his son to South.
Pottsy didn't want the job.

Happy Valley have to suck it in a bit. Do the hard yards with the kids for a while.
Morphett Vale had to do that in Coleman's first year missed the finals in the first year played in the prelim. next 2 years with the same kids.
Now those kids are 3 years older with another 60 games under there belt and don't get pushed around like they did 3 years ago.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby ol man emu » Mon May 04, 2015 11:14 pm

Mister Footy wrote:Are you for real Jet Airport? This is worse than I thought. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

May be you should help them instead of bagging them.
If I remember correctly there was a few Happy Valley people suggesting that Morphett Vale didn't give B.C. the support that he
deserved in his first year. [not sure if you were one of them] Now it's time for you to stand by your club your coach and back the young
players.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL