Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby tigerpie » Tue May 05, 2015 9:45 pm

Anyhow.....back to the shoes! ;) who's piloting that burning fighter? The Hamilton thing just blows me away.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby vics01 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:47 pm

OMM

That really is bush lawyer crap.. The kid is/was u18 at the time a bush lawyer contract/ agreement carries no weight. NFC bluffed the kid and Reynella.

NFC are showing very poor form with most of what they are doing at present.. For what??
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Oldman Munga » Tue May 05, 2015 10:14 pm

vics01 wrote:OMM

That really is bush lawyer crap.. The kid is/was u18 at the time a bush lawyer contract/ agreement carries no weight. NFC bluffed the kid and Reynella.

NFC are showing very poor form with most of what they are doing at present.. For what??

your the last person to drag the Poor Form line out Vics ,you,ve been best mates for ages :butthead:
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby reppoh_eht » Tue May 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Oldman Munga wrote:The alternative was for Hamilton to sit out altogether for 3 yrs under the JNR 3 Yr Ruling (look it up Beer Tent) had Noarlunga chose to enforce it ,
This way he gets to play just not against Noarlunga in Minor Round Games
This went to an appeals tribunual and despite Reynellas President making an undertaking to accept the tribunuals ruling and still carrying on like a PORK Chop, it was later agreed to by all 4 parties SFL, RFC, NFC and Hamilton
Lad could have been a premiership player in 2014 , But he isn't is he ?

Did the player leave for $$$, did he move home or did he simply not want to be at Noarlunga anymore/
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Front & Centre » Tue May 05, 2015 10:27 pm

mrp2626 wrote:Im obviously not involved with HV, as I am a BDOSFC person, but I think people are very quick to have a crack at the new coach.
Surely there is more involved in the success of a club than just a coach. It is the football operations dept. the playing list, the club culture, the $ being spent.
There is a saying I would possibly use to help defend the new coach "It doesn't matter how much you polish a turd, it is never going to turn into a diamond".

I think a new coach walking into a depleted side should be given at least a year or 2 before the wolves are set on him. Or at least given the chance to show progress. but that just IMO

Agree it is not just the coach - operations department also need to have a look in the mirror but as has been mentioned previously they were too busy having half time drinks. A lot more going on than willing to put on this forum - would like to win one game this year.Former players offering help as they don't like seeing what's going on but told everything is ok. Yes we lost some talent and have had a couple of injuries but we have also had some significant ins and A grade players choosing to play B grade. Our best side would still be a very competitive unit if everything comes together.
We are a strong proud club and sitting zip and 4 doesn't sit well with us.
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Keyser Soze » Tue May 05, 2015 10:32 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
mrp2626 wrote:Im obviously not involved with HV, as I am a BDOSFC person, but I think people are very quick to have a crack at the new coach.
Surely there is more involved in the success of a club than just a coach. It is the football operations dept. the playing list, the club culture, the $ being spent.
There is a saying I would possibly use to help defend the new coach "It doesn't matter how much you polish a turd, it is never going to turn into a diamond".

I think a new coach walking into a depleted side should be given at least a year or 2 before the wolves are set on him. Or at least given the chance to show progress. but that just IMO

Taking over a team that has lost a grand total of 6 games over the past 3 seasons was always going to be hiding to nothing.
Very hard to match the predecessor's record and any slip and suddenly you are the fault.

Add to that a number of people used to having the going easy now jumping off because it's a little bit harder just increases the pressure.

The fact that the team only lost 6 games in 3 years would be the reason behind the frustration, let's not forgot the B-grade won the premiership last year and lost there 1st game on the weekend by a couple of points so compared to some other clubs they have the luxury of depth.

It's the way they are losing that is the issue, I never heard any Morphett Vale player or supporter complain of the game plan of Coleman even in his first year. It seems that if the words 'not letting the players run the club' is being said than the coach has lost the players and that is a hard thing to regain. Why would Marks, Huebuer and Mahar still be running around in the B-grade?

BTW Massive win by Flaggies on the weekend!
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue May 05, 2015 11:43 pm

reppoh_eht wrote:
Oldman Munga wrote:The alternative was for Hamilton to sit out altogether for 3 yrs under the JNR 3 Yr Ruling (look it up Beer Tent) had Noarlunga chose to enforce it ,
This went to an appeals tribunual and despite Reynellas President making an undertaking to accept the tribunuals ruling and still carrying on like a PORK Chop, it was later agreed to by all 4 parties SFL, RFC, NFC and Hamilton

Did the player leave for $$$, did he move home or did he simply not want to be at Noarlunga anymore/

I can guarantee he didn't go to reynella for money.
He obviously didn't want to be at the shoe for whatever reason, so let him go play elsewhere every game unrestricted.
Pathetic!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Keyser Soze » Tue May 05, 2015 11:46 pm

tigerpie wrote:
reppoh_eht wrote:

I can guarantee he didn't go to reynella for money.
He obviously didn't want to be at the shoe for whatever reason, so let him go play elsewhere every game unrestricted.
Pathetic!

Good chance to be a premiership player this season ;)
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed May 06, 2015 12:06 am

Oldman Munga wrote:
beer tent wrote:W T F !!! this is a disgrace a lad playing suburban football (no sheep stations here OMM/SB ) is bullied into an agreement blackmailed so to speak. All I can say is why would anyone want to send their kids there to play when you are treated like that when you want to leave! :evil:
Never heard of this sort of sh1t before........... just saying!!!!!!!

The alternative was for Hamilton to sit out altogether for 3 yrs under the JNR 3 Yr Ruling (look it up Beer Tent) had Noarlunga chose to enforce it ,

So what would have happened if he played?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dazza44 » Wed May 06, 2015 12:14 am

twobob wrote:
oneuponedown wrote:
ol man emu wrote:
Reader wrote:Interesting coaching appointment from the outside. Any reason why HV didn't go after Ben Coleman? HV past player, has been back in the SFL for a few years and seems to be doing a good job with the young Emu squad.

B.C. didn't want the job at Valley. Unfinished business at Morphett Vale. I think he only has 1 or 2 years left in the S.F.L.
before he follows his son to South.
Pottsy didn't want the job.

Happy Valley have to suck it in a bit. Do the hard yards with the kids for a while.
Morphett Vale had to do that in Coleman's first year missed the finals in the first year played in the prelim. next 2 years with the same kids.
Now those kids are 3 years older with another 60 games under there belt and don't get pushed around like they did 3 years ago.

old man Emu- You forgot 1 other coach who was in the last 3 at HVFC and is now a Flagstaff hill Asst coach :shock:
If he had been given the opportunity you can bet we wouldn't be 0-4.

What about Ben Porter? He is now at Woodville South, didn't he coach in the SFL previously and i believe he is known to be a pretty good coach. I just think a club with Happy Valleys reputation of being one of the bigger clubs around that to appoint who they did looks from the outside that the board has been lazy in their search for a suitable replacement for Matthew Dent. I hear that Colonel Light Gardens are pretty happy that he is now at their club.

Seriously buddy, I think you are selling Keam a little short here by saying "appoint who they did" - he is a highly credentialed coach with an outstanding work ethic. Ben Porter has done the rounds at SFL, pretty sure he wouldn't have been overlooked but may not have been interested. Of course Colonel Light would be happy, they have a Div 1 premiership coach ... and they play in something like Div 5 or 6 I think ????
Last edited by Dazza44 on Wed May 06, 2015 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dazza44 » Wed May 06, 2015 12:23 am

Keyser Soze wrote:

Taking over a team that has lost a grand total of 6 games over the past 3 seasons was always going to be hiding to nothing.
Very hard to match the predecessor's record and any slip and suddenly you are the fault.

Add to that a number of people used to having the going easy now jumping off because it's a little bit harder just increases the pressure.

The fact that the team only lost 6 games in 3 years would be the reason behind the frustration, let's not forgot the B-grade won the premiership last year and lost there 1st game on the weekend by a couple of points so compared to some other clubs they have the luxury of depth.

It's the way they are losing that is the issue, I never heard any Morphett Vale player or supporter complain of the game plan of Coleman even in his first year. It seems that if the words 'not letting the players run the club' is being said than the coach has lost the players and that is a hard thing to regain. Why would Marks, Huebuer and Mahar still be running around in the B-grade?

Thanks Keyser ... we plan on plenty more of them :)
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby oneuponedown » Wed May 06, 2015 1:43 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:

Happy valley lost 4 top end players this year - Browny, Raitt ,Boz, McNamara.
Mckenzie hardly played last year so not included above, and the other 3-4 player losses were serviceable A- graders.

We won the 2014 B- grade flag. We played in the GF of the U/18's - This is what the new coach inherited for 2015. 8)
You would think great depth to blood some new players, and put out a competitive unit week to week, flaggies they had a crack- last 3 games have been poor.

Keam certainly did not walk in to a turd of a club, plenty of talent to work with, if you pick the right blokes. ;)
oneuponedown
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 06, 2015 2:32 pm

Probably help if they didn't leave laminated copies of their game plan in the visitors coaches box after the game also.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby helicopterking » Wed May 06, 2015 3:10 pm

Dutchy wrote:Probably help if they didn't leave laminated copies of their game plan in the visitors coaches box after the game also.

Might as well just left a blank piece of paper there.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Front & Centre » Wed May 06, 2015 5:47 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Probably help if they didn't leave laminated copies of their game plan in the visitors coaches box after the game also.

Might as well just left a blank piece of paper there.

D'oh!
Front & Centre
Rookie

Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby jet-airport » Thu May 07, 2015 10:17 am

Picks this week:
Aldinga v Cove - Cove 100pts.
Brighton v Hackham - Bombers 50 points.
Edwardstown v Reynella - Wineys 55 pts. (Hamilton best on ground HaHa!)
Marion v Morphettville Park - MVP 100pts.
Noarlunga v Christies - Noarlunga 28 points.
Lonsdale v Morphett Vale - Emus 100 pts.
Port Noarlunga v Happy Valley - Porties 18 points.

7 games and 5 of those games appear on paper anyways to be blow outs, hope I am wrong.
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby ol man emu » Thu May 07, 2015 2:23 pm

When Luke Bowd was cleared from Noarlunga to Hackam same deal as Hamilton.
Not allowed to play against Noarlunga in minor round games for 3 years.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby heater31 » Thu May 07, 2015 2:39 pm

ol man emu wrote:When Luke Bowd was cleared from Noarlunga to Hackam same deal as Hamilton.

Is he also on loan and are Noarlunga paying a percentage of his match payments? This isn't the EPL you nuffies.....

FFS seen it all now :roll:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby beer tent » Thu May 07, 2015 3:33 pm

ol man emu wrote:When Luke Bowd was cleared from Noarlunga to Hackam same deal as Hamilton.

This situation is just outrageous !
Who is running the league ? Surely the Hamilton "DEAL" wasn't ok'd by warman our pres. and now Bowd !! it must be a f#*king joke. Then the extra points saga and now the "LIFE MEMBER " situation. These individuals that are creating this crap should be outed, we don't need their type causing hardship and stress to players and families within our football community. As I said if your child is playing football down there remove them before your lad is the next S.Hamilton. :evil:
beer tent

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu May 07, 2015 4:01 pm

And what was the proposed penalty if he played?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL