Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby afc9798 » Fri May 08, 2015 11:46 am

Down the Hill wrote:JC's departure must have been a bit messy by the sounds of it. Or won't the senior players be keen on a guy who has only coached juniors, and do they fear that some of the ageing warriors who Keam has had playing in the B grade will still miss out on a game from someone with an eye to youth and looking to build towards the next crack at a flag rather than coach for damage control. There's not much value in only being competitive if you aren't getting A grade games into the young lads.

How water tight are coaching contracts at our level. Does Keam get paid out? Those Mini's parents better be geared up for selling plenty of raffle tickets!!!

Five players either 18 or under in the side for Saturday, so don't think that's a bad mix of youth in the side.
Have no idea on the coaching contracts, but would say it is unlikely at SFL level that the contract would have to be paid out. Would also be surprised if there wasn't a very broad definition under 'performance clause' that would cover most eventualities.

All I want to see is a competitive effort from the boys this week.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Mister Footy » Fri May 08, 2015 12:55 pm

Down the Hill wrote:JC's departure must have been a bit messy by the sounds of it. Or won't the senior players be keen on a guy who has only coached juniors, and do they fear that some of the ageing warriors who Keam has had playing in the B grade will still miss out on a game from someone with an eye to youth and looking to build towards the next crack at a flag rather than coach for damage control. There's not much value in only being competitive if you aren't getting A grade games into the young lads.

How water tight are coaching contracts at our level. Does Keam get paid out? Those Mini's parents better be geared up for selling plenty of raffle tickets!!!

Ageing warriors chose to play B grade DTH. :shock: That might give you an idea on how bad things had got

Going to be interesting to see how the coaching contract works out - wonder if those that made the decision will be the first ones selling raffle tickets [-(

Pilmore name been thrown around today as well. Can't imagine he'd come cheap!
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby oneuponedown » Fri May 08, 2015 1:43 pm

afc9798 wrote:

Five players either 18 or under in the side for Saturday, so don't think that's a bad mix of youth in the side.
Have no idea on the coaching contracts, but would say it is unlikely at SFL level that the contract would have to be paid out. Would also be surprised if there wasn't a very broad definition under 'performance clause' that would cover most eventualities.

All I want to see is a competitive effort from the boys this week.

AFC totally Agree on a competitive effort for 4 quarters and a bit of passion too would be good. :evil:
I Don't believe the side that is on sporting pulse is the side that has been picked - Muzza , Huebner , Marks ALL named in A grade is the word! (may be last weeks side).

DTH- Don't know in's and outs of his departure this year, but I think JC should be looked at, had all the kids over last 4 years and plenty of the senior group's backing as he was Dinga's runner in our premiership year. Mail is that it got down to JC and Keam for the 2015 appointment, you would expect he's top 3 of list.

I would of thought HVFC club would take time in finding & naming new coach, no point for a quick fix in 2 -3 weeks if you don't get what you want?? :shock:
Get the right person and more importantly get the right people picking the new coach, cant believe the same 3 people who elected Keam are choosing new coach again. :oops: We have Exec/ committee group of around 12- 15 people I think, some are pretty cluey 8) , use them!
oneuponedown
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri May 08, 2015 2:05 pm

Mister Footy wrote:

Ageing warriors chose to play B grade DTH. :shock: That might give you an idea on how bad things had got

Going to be interesting to see how the coaching contract works out - wonder if those that made the decision will be the first ones selling raffle tickets [-(

Pilmore name been thrown around today as well. Can't imagine he'd come cheap!

Are you part of the coaching selection panel Mister Footy?

From Great Southern Football League thread:
Mister Footy wrote:Happy Valley sacked their coach last night - after being zip and 4 and worst start to season in 10 years. :shock:

Anyone know of any coaches looking for a job or anyone not coaching this year club should talk to?

From HFL Division 1 (Central) thread:
Mister Footy wrote:Happy Valley sacked their coach last night - after being zip and 4 and worst start to season in 10 years. :shock:

Anyone know of any coaches looking for a job or anyone not coaching this year club should talk to?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Mister Footy » Fri May 08, 2015 2:44 pm

Are you part of the coaching selection panel Mister Footy?

[/quote]

No mate - I bl**dy wish! ;)

Let's just say there are a lot of club people pretty disillusioned with the people that were part of the selection panel and reckon they need all the help they can get. Hoped might get a few nibbles from other leagues.
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 08, 2015 4:37 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... m=Facebook

Advertiser is doing the advertising for you
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby godra » Fri May 08, 2015 4:43 pm

Mister Footy wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Lonsdale by 4 goals. Marion have to start to think if its worth having a level 3(so called) coach if your going to let Lonsdale's better players run free and unmarked for the whole match. Asks for alot of money, has outlayed a lot of time, but his ideas are outdated, don't work, he will not last with these plans, as its painful to watch,please....please bring to the table someone who bleeds for Marion FC, and put in someone at the club who will lead them to play a style that is both structured and respected from both players and supporters. A tough year for a semi talented group.

April 6 2013

Sounds like 2 years on, same old, same old. Except Happy Valley is a club with great depth, so mediocre performances will not be tolerated.
Kudos to Happy Valley to make the call now, admit it was a mistake, before being dragged into further suffering.
Sometimes people forget that communication is a two way street.

Good decision by club and good on em for making the call now =D> Keam is a good bloke but he just wasn't the right bloke to coach Happy Valley

Helicoptering must have been listening to what has been said around club last few weeks cos it was just like this. :shock:

None of the blokes that picked Keam have fallen on their sword as far as I know. In fact I reckon these are the same ones who will pick next coach. Hope they get it right this time :shock:

Club needs to look for a strong leader. I reckon I could guess a few names they will approach and JC would not be one of them. :shock:

Having played under S Keam, Helicopterking nailed it on the head. No structures, little organisation, just let the boys go out and try get the ball. Keam is a fantastic bloke and I will continue to talk to him if I see him in the street. But, as for his coaching I felt it was a method which was outdated. From the posts on this forum, it seems he coached HV in the same manner.

However, is it right for a team to sack a coach after 4 losses? That is not enough time to prove himself. I don't see Mick Malthouse being shown the door after his start to the season. Makes me think was there something that he has said or done to someone at the club to get a response like this.

If the results continued like this after playing some of the lower teams, the decision could be justified. Let's not forget, it was a close game against Flaggies who are now being labelled as premiership contenders. That result is noting to be smirked at. But to me it seems as though they jumped the gun just a touch early.

Good luck to Keamy and whatever he choses to do next and the HVFC, I hope that they can start getting results from what I know is a great squad.
godra

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby afc9798 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:57 pm

godra wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Lonsdale by 4 goals. Marion have to start to think if its worth having a level 3(so called) coach if your going to let Lonsdale's better players run free and unmarked for the whole match. Asks for alot of money, has outlayed a lot of time, but his ideas are outdated, don't work, he will not last with these plans, as its painful to watch,please....please bring to the table someone who bleeds for Marion FC, and put in someone at the club who will lead them to play a style that is both structured and respected from both players and supporters. A tough year for a semi talented group.

April 6 2013

Sounds like 2 years on, same old, same old. Except Happy Valley is a club with great depth, so mediocre performances will not be tolerated.
Kudos to Happy Valley to make the call now, admit it was a mistake, before being dragged into further suffering.
Sometimes people forget that communication is a two way street.

Good decision by club and good on em for making the call now =D> Keam is a good bloke but he just wasn't the right bloke to coach Happy Valley

Helicoptering must have been listening to what has been said around club last few weeks cos it was just like this. :shock:

None of the blokes that picked Keam have fallen on their sword as far as I know. In fact I reckon these are the same ones who will pick next coach. Hope they get it right this time :shock:

Club needs to look for a strong leader. I reckon I could guess a few names they will approach and JC would not be one of them. :shock:

Having played under S Keam, Helicopterking nailed it on the head. No structures, little organisation, just let the boys go out and try get the ball. Keam is a fantastic bloke and I will continue to talk to him if I see him in the street. But, as for his coaching I felt it was a method which was outdated. From the posts on this forum, it seems he coached HV in the same manner.

However, is it right for a team to sack a coach after 4 losses? That is not enough time to prove himself. I don't see Mick Malthouse being shown the door after his start to the season. Makes me think was there something that he has said or done to someone at the club to get a response like this.

If the results continued like this after playing some of the lower teams, the decision could be justified. Let's not forget, it was a close game against Flaggies who are now being labelled as premiership contenders. That result is noting to be smirked at. But to me it seems as though they jumped the gun just a touch early.

Good luck to Keamy and whatever he choses to do next and the HVFC, I hope that they can start getting results from what I know is a great squad.

He is a quality bloke and what's done is done, I just wish him well.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby sweendog » Fri May 08, 2015 5:57 pm

rumour has it shane crawford is playing for the vikings this week seeing there 0-4..might aswell board up the windows while your at it valleys :axe: :D :D :D
oh when the saints go marching in
sweendog
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri May 08, 2015 7:38 pm

The radio show "Siren to Siren" is avoiding any mention of the biggest news story this week. 35 minutes in and no discussion about the sacked coach yet. Time to review the make up of the panel, it's not all sunshine & butterflies all the time.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby ol man emu » Fri May 08, 2015 10:00 pm

shoe boy wrote:This situation is just outrageous !
Who is running the league ? Surely the Hamilton "DEAL" wasn't ok'd by warman our pres. and now Bowd !! it must be a f#*king joke. Then the extra points saga and now the "LIFE MEMBER " situation. These individuals that are creating this crap should be outed, we don't need their type causing hardship and stress to players and families within our football community. As I said if your child is playing football down there remove them before your lad is the next S.Hamilton. :evil:

I recall S Hamilton playing in the GF last year?
Bowd the same lad that was given employment, transport plus accommodation and still benefits from. The same Bowd that left for a bag of $$ we couldn't match then after pre season wanted back in? The same Bowd that still has plenty of mates at NFC and had a great year playing for the NCC and winning a flag.
Points !!! we just joined the queue for our 2 points.
Now you never mentioned the Premiers of 2014 you puppet. :YMPARTY:[/quote]

Won the premiership but didn't win any respect.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Hcaoc20 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:44 pm

Mister Footy wrote:Are you part of the coaching selection panel Mister Footy?

No mate - I bl**dy wish! ;)

Let's just say there are a lot of club people pretty disillusioned with the people that were part of the selection panel and reckon they need all the help they can get. Hoped might get a few nibbles from other leagues.[/quote]

So many uninformed people talking absolute crap . No facts no idea this forum is embarrassing.mmister Footuy and others living their life through this forum is laughable
Hcaoc20
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby afc9798 » Fri May 08, 2015 11:11 pm

Always a feeding frenzy where The Vikings are involved. Everyone's an expert when it comes to HVFC.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby afc9798 » Fri May 08, 2015 11:13 pm

I guess we could always implement the 'I'm too lazy to volunteer levy'. Which clubs have that?
afc9798
Reserves

Postby Keyser Soze » Fri May 08, 2015 11:21 pm

afc9798 wrote:

I guess we could always implement the 'I'm too lazy to volunteer levy'. Which clubs have that?

Only one club as that $50 per child levy on top of there league high junior $ubs!
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri May 08, 2015 11:41 pm

Hcaoc20 wrote:So many uninformed people talking absolute crap . No facts no idea this forum is embarrassing.mmister Footuy and others living their life through this forum is laughable

Please provide us your great insight then.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri May 08, 2015 11:41 pm

afc9798 wrote:

Sacred Heart school fees?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Keyser Soze » Fri May 08, 2015 11:43 pm

Congratulations to the Happy Valley president and committee on admitting they made a mistake and making the hard decision instead of disillusioning players and supporters even further. Sometimes what's on paper and reality are two completely different things. You would think with the appointment of the next coach they might check the referees a little better because I've been informed that those at Marion were glad to see the back of Keam; which should have raised some alarm bells.

Moving on - Tips for this week

Cove v Aldinga - Cove by 80 pts
Brighton v Hackham - Bombers by 32 pts
Towns v Reynella - Reynella by 45 pts
Marion v MVP - Roos by 35 pts
Shoes v Saints - Shoes by 24 pts
Emus v Lions - Emus by 120 pts
Porties v HV - Vikings by 6 pts
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby helicopterking » Sat May 09, 2015 6:36 am

Let's just say there are a lot of club people pretty disillusioned with the people that were part of the selection panel and reckon they need all the help they can get. Hoped might get a few nibbles from other leagues.[/quote]

So many uninformed people talking absolute crap . No facts no idea this forum is embarrassing.mmister Footuy and others living their life through this forum is laughable[/quote]

Sorry Mr Keam?
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby fiftympenalty » Sat May 09, 2015 10:28 am

Troubles during the week to galvanise HV and see them upset an out of form PNFC unit and take home their first stirring win for the year
fiftympenalty
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL