HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:48 am

cracka wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:Why does it take so long to get the scores up!

Clubs can be lazy at times. No reason all scores cant be up by 6-6:30 with modern technology

Pretty sure it's a sportingpulse issue & not clubs being lazy.

How so?
You can log on and put scores in "live" on the day. Data entry takes a whole 5-10 minutes. Some associations have theirs done within half an hour of the game being completed
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby overthehill » Sun May 03, 2015 8:58 am

It's a sporting pulse issue because all clubs had there results in by 6PM as per the rules however the website hasn't run its scheduled upload. I think it's been happened about 1PM Sunday's. Maybe check back then.
Mt Barker beat Onkas by about 2 goals. Great game of footy too.
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 03, 2015 9:09 am

overthehill wrote:It's a sporting pulse issue because all clubs had there results in by 6PM as per the rules however the website hasn't run its scheduled upload. I think it's been happened about 1PM Sunday's. Maybe check back then.
Mt Barker beat Onkas by about 2 goals. Great game of footy too.

Obviously a glitch there somewhere.
Junior results for Div 2 up yesterday and Div 1 lower grades up, Uri's A grade score also up last night
Jim05
Coach

Postby cracka » Sun May 03, 2015 11:36 am

Jim05 wrote:
cracka wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:Why does it take so long to get the scores up!

Clubs can be lazy at times. No reason all scores cant be up by 6-6:30 with modern technology

Pretty sure it's a sportingpulse issue & not clubs being lazy.

How so?
You can log on and put scores in "live" on the day. Data entry takes a whole 5-10 minutes. Some associations have theirs done within half an hour of the game being completed

U ever been a team manager & used it?
I think the problem is too many users trying to put scores in at the same time. Most clubs A & B grade TM's would do it back at their club while just about every other football, rugby, union, soccer etc clubs (across Australia) are doing it too. Junior TM's would probably go home & do it during the day which is why those results are usually updated.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:42 am

cracka wrote:U ever been a team manager & used it?
I think the problem is too many users trying to put scores in at the same time. Most clubs A & B grade TM's would do it back at their club while just about every other football, rugby, union, soccer etc clubs (across Australia) are doing it too. Junior TM's would probably go home & do it during the day which is why those results are usually updated.

Yes, I use it regularly. We do all our grades at the club at once. I just find it funny that almost every other comp has theirs done by 6-6:30pm yet the Hills often aren't done on Sunday still. Uri's managed to have theirs done last night so there is obviously a glitch in the system or clubs are not doing it early enough
Jim05
Coach

Postby cracka » Sun May 03, 2015 11:54 am

Jim05 wrote:

Yes, I use it regularly. We do all our grades at the club at once. I just find it funny that almost every other comp has theirs done by 6-6:30pm yet the Hills often aren't done on Sunday still. Uri's managed to have theirs done last night so there is obviously a glitch in the system or clubs are not doing it early enough

This is the 2nd week in a row that Onkas senior results have been done at the club, but sportingpulse hasn't registered it until the next day. Maybe doing all the results at once has something to do with it. Just get a bit offended when the 1st thing people say is clubs are lazy.
Last edited by cracka on Sun May 03, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby flanker » Sun May 03, 2015 11:54 am

Jim05 wrote:

I entered my club's A Grade results at 5.20pm following yesterday's match and they only just showed up at 10am this morning. Definitely a system glitch.
flanker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:09 pm

Scores have to be in the system by 5.30pm if they are to be uploaded at 6pm is my understanding after having done this for a number of years. It's a pretty simple procedure but not all associations have the home club doing this and that is sometimes the issue I'm led to believe
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Toto » Mon May 04, 2015 10:43 am

So do we have an outright favourite for the flag now? Awesome game of footy to watch, Nairne managed to win even after Hancock being red carded early in the second quarter and another being yellow carded not long before that. So were two men down for most of the second quarter. And 1 player down for the rest of the game(and Hancock at that). Still ran over the top of the brookers. Looked too classy, moved the ball too well, too fit and they were brilliant on the inside feeding it out to their runners. That number 2 with the headband absolutely dominated! Well played!

Did anyone see the birdwood Bridgewater game?
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby cossi11 » Mon May 04, 2015 12:21 pm

Toto wrote:So do we have an outright favourite for the flag now? Awesome game of footy to watch, Nairne managed to win even after Hancock being red carded early in the second quarter and another being yellow carded not long before that. So were two men down for most of the second quarter. And 1 player down for the rest of the game(and Hancock at that). Still ran over the top of the brookers. Looked too classy, moved the ball too well, too fit and they were brilliant on the inside feeding it out to their runners. That number 2 with the headband absolutely dominated! Well played!

I think on a wet day the game will be much tighter, probably stating the obvious there but I think Nairne are too quick for Kersbrook and move the ball really well. Number 2 cut Birdwood apart too.. probably not so much in the first game this season but I remember my first game for Birdwood last year was against Nairne and this bloke just took the pi$$..

Yep I saw the Birdwood v Bridgewater game, played in fact ;) Was a good game with Birdwood getting out the blocks quickly and stunning Bridgewater with the endeavour and intensity at the ball. Birdwood were 4 goals in front at quarter time but some crucial turnovers in the 2nd and 3rd quarter allowed Bridgewater to peg it back and hit the lead going into 3 quarter time. The 4th quarter saw both teams have a crack at the win and Birdwood kicked a few early goals and got in front but 2 goals in a minute from Bridgewater, one from a silly 50metre penalty and another from a quick clearance and link up out the middle put the game to bed. #21 for Bridgewater can play!!

First 4 rounds were a tough draw for Birdwood but I think we can take positives away from all 4 games and say we can match it with the top 3 sides.. We showed in patches of these games that we can play some pretty smart and direct football, just have to do it consistently for 4 quarters. Call me ambitious but there is a pretty good squad coming through at Birdwood that is only going to continue to develop, if Birdwood can hold on to these guys they could see some real good things in 2-3 years time.

My early tip for the grand final is the obvious of Nairne and Kersbrook.. Still 4 more sides I haven't seen but going on results I would expect Birdwood, Bridgewater, Macclesfield and Meadows to fight it out for the last 3 spots in the 5.
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby doubletrouble » Wed May 06, 2015 6:39 am

What's happening over at Gums are they only training once a fortnight this season?
doubletrouble
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby samantic » Sat May 09, 2015 6:20 pm

Bridgee 25. 23
Nairne 19.4
samantic
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby cossi11 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:21 pm

samantic wrote:Bridgee 25. 23
Nairne 19.4

:shock: did not expect that!
25 more scoring shots
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby saintal » Sat May 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Maccy over Gums by about 7 goals.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby doubletrouble » Sat May 09, 2015 8:06 pm

Toto wrote:So do we have an outright favourite for the flag now? Awesome game of footy to watch, Nairne managed to win even after Hancock being red carded early in the second quarter and another being yellow carded not long before that. So were two men down for most of the second quarter. And 1 player down for the rest of the game(and Hancock at that). Still ran over the top of the brookers. Looked too classy, moved the ball too well, too fit and they were brilliant on the inside feeding it out to their runners. That number 2 with the headband absolutely dominated! Well played!

Yeah i reckon we do have an outright favourite. Bridgewater!
doubletrouble
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby samantic » Sat May 09, 2015 8:26 pm

cossi11 wrote:
samantic wrote:Bridgee 25. 23
Nairne 19.4

:shock: did not expect that!
25 more scoring shots

Still a Nairne/ Kersbrook GF?
samantic
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby wonder_kid » Sat May 09, 2015 10:59 pm

I said to guys at work that bridge and nairne gf at the start of the year I still believe that
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat May 09, 2015 11:26 pm

doubletrouble wrote:

Yeah i reckon we do have an outright favourite. Bridgewater!

Does anyone know of any senior comp, anywhere in Australia, where there has been 3 undefeated premierships in a row, by 3 different teams/clubs? Could we be seeing this happen?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby batmanbegins » Sat May 09, 2015 11:53 pm

I dont know why people didnt think bridgewater would be the team to beat, they were much better than lofty were coming down to div 2. I know lofty picked up gordon and 2 or 3 others but the shanty's were quite good in central div last year.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby The Gimp » Mon May 11, 2015 12:18 pm

What are we handing Bridgy the cup already?? :roll: :roll:
Bridgy are doing OK but aren't near the level Lofty were last year or Echunga the year before.
Both A's and B's are a pretty open comp in div 2 at the moment and probably any of the top 3-5 side in both grades could win it on any given day IMHO.

Out of interest, when would've been the last time (if ever) Nairne have played at Bridgewater? Did they really struggle with the small confines or just didn't bother defending all day??
Fair shoot-out with 71 shots on goal for the game!! :shock:
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy