St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby finn » Sun May 10, 2015 5:15 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
finn wrote:
morell wrote:
Q. wrote:Your changerooms aren't exactly ideal for singing the team song.

Don't get me started on the Angle Vale umpire though.
if they're big enough to get changed in, they're big enough to sing a song in. Songs sound better in small rooms anyway.

Yeah the B grade umpire was the second worst I have seen. The worst was the old Angle Vale one.

Shame, as thus far the Adelaide Uni and North Pines ones were good. Adelaide Uni in particular - consummate professional, should umpire higher.

I umpired in the Uni and North Pines game yesterday. The North Pines umpire was pretty good, his ongoing chat with the players is excellent.

Do you umpire every week finn in Div7R?

Nope, only done the 2 games (Mitchell park & North pines) this year as generally busy with the c1 side. Quite enjoy it and know that if both sides complain I've been fair. I also try to explain to the captains before the game how I'll umpire and that I'll probably make a mistake at some stage but at div 7 level, who doesn't.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby morell » Sun May 10, 2015 6:11 pm

oh is that you finn?

keep up the good work mate!
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Sun May 10, 2015 6:50 pm

Trader wrote:So it had nothing to do with the umpire giving a questionable send off and all to do with the fact that MP were un-organised.
No, it had a helluva a lot to with that, as it was unclear to a few confused people as to how many were on the bench and who could and could not go on the ground. It all (the send off and count) happened just before quarter time and through the break.

Trader wrote:As a club, you couldn't find 1 A-grader to rock up early and give the b's a hand by holding up the board?
Our A's usually meet during the breaks. Someone somewhere should have made it clearer, but we're struggling for volunteers at the moment.

Trader wrote:AV are an average bunch, no question, but to say MP is faultless in the situation probably goes a long way to explain the position you find yourself in.
Not faultless at all. We had too many. Angle Vale could've have given us a break but they chose to be ruthless. In a D7R minor round game.

Oh yeah, sure, me thinking Angle Vale could've give us a break and shown some class totally explains where we are at. I see your logic there. :shock:
morell
Coach

Postby Trader » Sun May 10, 2015 7:57 pm

Your expectation for the opposition to give you a break after you've made the error in unrealistic IMO.
You might hope for some sympathy, but to expect it, and then bag them for not providing it is poor.

Anyway, it's clear you're not willing to accept your role in the saga so I guess we'll just move on.
Good luck for the rest of the season.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun May 10, 2015 9:02 pm

If you were a C grade side with a 7 man bench then I could be a little more understanding but for B grade, really no excuse..

Why didn't your coach count his players on the bench before the commencement of the quarter? Why didn't players on the bench notice one was short? Where was the team manager?

All in all sounds to me like the problem here is Mitchell Pk sorting out their admin and volunteer base than Angle Vale being unsportsmanlike.

*Edit* - didn't a 'C' grade side a couple years ago lose a final from a player count?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun May 10, 2015 9:06 pm

Just to get a gage as to why all the hoo-haa because really 19 on is 19 on - but roughly how long was the extra guy on the field for?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun May 10, 2015 9:24 pm

So Mitchell Park were cheating, yet believe it to be unsportsmanlike by Angle Vale to call them out on it. :?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby norm11 » Sun May 10, 2015 9:26 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Just to get a gage as to why all the hoo-haa because really 19 on is 19 on - but roughly how long was the extra guy on the field for?

It took me a couple of mins to work out what was going on.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun May 10, 2015 9:34 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Just to get a gage as to why all the hoo-haa because really 19 on is 19 on - but roughly how long was the extra guy on the field for?

Gauge* ;)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Sun May 10, 2015 9:58 pm

We were cheating now.

****. Me. Drunk.
morell
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun May 10, 2015 10:06 pm

morell wrote:
Zartan wrote:Come in you can't raise it on a public forum then get upset when people comment on it.

The point Trader makes is still valid - it's MP's **** up, no one else is to blame... To blame poor umpiring for the send off then blame the opposition for being unsportsmanlike calling for a count is poor form.
Were you there? Was Trader there? If not, you're both dribbling shit and I'll call you out on it. Sorry.

I'm a reasonably rational person and give credit and fault where it's due. Angle Vale were shit **** yesterday. On many fronts. If it was just the count, or just the warm up rudeness, or just the song on the oval, or just their shit umpire, or just this or just that, in isolation, which is all any of you are looking at this as, then yeah, play on. But it's the overall weight of all them combined which mixes together to form a clubs reputation.

There are good people at Angle Vale, there are at all clubs, but if they want this black ducks respect, which might mean absolutely nothing to them, then they have a long way to go in regards to how they act and behave on gameday.

I'll leave it at that.

Maybe you should give opposition teams a memo when they travel to Mitchell Park advising them what end they can warm up at and that singing on the oval is prohibited, I was unaware of either of them being a taboo.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun May 10, 2015 10:08 pm

Zartan wrote:

Gauge* ;)

Hoo-ha* ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun May 10, 2015 10:32 pm

morell wrote:We were cheating now.

****. Me. Drunk.

Don't think any reasonable person thinks you were cheating or did it on purpose - but you broke the rules, it's that simple.. Deal with it, learn from it.. Move on
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sun May 10, 2015 10:34 pm

Actually, LGIL said it, but you did say reasonable.

Was all of that spelt right, constable spellright? ;)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby marbles » Sun May 10, 2015 10:37 pm

The reserves team of the SAAFLs 60th ranked football club in the lowly 7th ranked division accidentally ended up with 19 men of the field

shit happens and the care factor really is about worth a free kick and 50 metre penalty

but they broke the rules, so take the blame, correct where u went wrong.

in a seperate case the umpire "failed" to execute the correct rulings and he too is at fault in regards to his competence as an umpire, he has obviously shown his lack of knowledge as an umpire, and if tested couldnt qualify to be an umpire :)

if the umpire had made the right call, MP still failed to comply by the rule of having 18 men only on the field
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun May 10, 2015 10:45 pm

Marbles, the voice of reason. :-O

:shock:

Footy Chick

Postby Q. » Sun May 10, 2015 10:46 pm

^^^this is the most sense you've made in a while
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Sun May 10, 2015 11:41 pm

marbles wrote:The reserves team of the SAAFLs 60th ranked football club in the lowly 7th ranked division accidentally ended up with 19 men of the field

shit happens and the care factor really is about worth a free kick and 50 metre penalty

in a seperate case the umpire "failed" to execute the correct rulings and he too is at fault in regards to his competence as an umpire, he has obviously shown his lack of knowledge as an umpire, and if tested couldnt qualify to be an umpire :)

if the umpire had made the right call, MP still failed to comply by the rule of having 18 men only on the field
Thankyou.

Miss you buddy. <3
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Sun May 10, 2015 11:48 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
morell wrote:
Zartan wrote:Come in you can't raise it on a public forum then get upset when people comment on it.

The point Trader makes is still valid - it's MP's **** up, no one else is to blame... To blame poor umpiring for the send off then blame the opposition for being unsportsmanlike calling for a count is poor form.
Were you there? Was Trader there? If not, you're both dribbling shit and I'll call you out on it. Sorry.

I'm a reasonably rational person and give credit and fault where it's due. Angle Vale were shit **** yesterday. On many fronts. If it was just the count, or just the warm up rudeness, or just the song on the oval, or just their shit umpire, or just this or just that, in isolation, which is all any of you are looking at this as, then yeah, play on. But it's the overall weight of all them combined which mixes together to form a clubs reputation.

There are good people at Angle Vale, there are at all clubs, but if they want this black ducks respect, which might mean absolutely nothing to them, then they have a long way to go in regards to how they act and behave on gameday.

I'll leave it at that.

Maybe you should give opposition teams a memo when they travel to Mitchell Park advising them what end they can warm up at and that singing on the oval is prohibited, I was unaware of either of them being a taboo.
You would think when we're both warming up at the same end, the visitors would get the idea. Mistakes happen, and it's not a big deal, but it would've been nice if they went to the other end once they realised. We did it at Brahma Lodge one day, our bad, they started warming up near us, Wal Bennets quickly dragged us down to the other end. Its called respect and courtesy - it is sadly missing in today's modern amateur league it seems.

Instead, with Angle Vale, I got abused for being too close when I was having a set shot straight in front - told to "**** off down the other you shit ****" at my own home ground and elbowed in the back 4 times as people went past after I told them in no in certain terms that it's our home ground, we've warmed up at this end for 60 ******* years, but no I was too close to their lanes apparently.

This is what I am talking about - in isolation, none of this is a big deal, but "a death by a thousand cuts" as they say.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Sun May 10, 2015 11:53 pm

morell wrote:
marbles wrote:The reserves team of the SAAFLs 60th ranked football club in the lowly 7th ranked division accidentally ended up with 19 men of the field

Thankyou.

Miss you buddy. <3

actually my bad, 70th ranked football club :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League