14%
Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby morell » Mon May 11, 2015 12:27 am

So what you're saying is, we're in the top 70!

morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon May 11, 2015 12:28 am

morell wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
morell wrote:
Zartan wrote:Come in you can't raise it on a public forum then get upset when people comment on it.

The point Trader makes is still valid - it's MP's **** up, no one else is to blame... To blame poor umpiring for the send off then blame the opposition for being unsportsmanlike calling for a count is poor form.
Were you there? Was Trader there? If not, you're both dribbling shit and I'll call you out on it. Sorry.

I'm a reasonably rational person and give credit and fault where it's due. Angle Vale were shit **** yesterday. On many fronts. If it was just the count, or just the warm up rudeness, or just the song on the oval, or just their shit umpire, or just this or just that, in isolation, which is all any of you are looking at this as, then yeah, play on. But it's the overall weight of all them combined which mixes together to form a clubs reputation.

There are good people at Angle Vale, there are at all clubs, but if they want this black ducks respect, which might mean absolutely nothing to them, then they have a long way to go in regards to how they act and behave on gameday.

I'll leave it at that.

Maybe you should give opposition teams a memo when they travel to Mitchell Park advising them what end they can warm up at and that singing on the oval is prohibited, I was unaware of either of them being a taboo.
You would think when we're both warming up at the same end, the visitors would get the idea. Mistakes happen, and it's not a big deal, but it would've been nice if they went to the other end once they realised. We did it at Brahma Lodge one day, our bad, they started warming up near us, Wal Bennets quickly dragged us down to the other end. Its called respect and courtesy - it is sadly missing in today's modern amateur league it seems.

Instead, with Angle Vale, I got abused for being too close when I was having a set shot straight in front - told to "**** off down the other you shit ****" at my own home ground and elbowed in the back 4 times as people went past after I told them in no in certain terms that it's our home ground, we've warmed up at this end for 60 ******* years, but no I was too close to their lanes apparently.

This is what I am talking about - in isolation, none of this is a big deal, but "a death by a thousand cuts" as they say.

Now everyone knows how to get the mental upper hand at Mitchell Park, run around for a few minutes at "their end" of the ground.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby morell » Mon May 11, 2015 12:41 am

We won by 15 goals.
morell
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:39 am

1. regarding the red card, the umpire should have told the officials what the go is ie can he be replaced or not. my understanding is can't be replaced for ten minutes.

2. the extra man on the field. whether it's d7 or d1 the coaching staff have to be aware were your players are. MP certainly at fault here.

3. Singing the song on the oval is a disgrace and my opinion on that will never change. Only winning a flag is when it's a acceptable imo

4. reserve umpires are generally bad, i've only seen a handful of good ones. seen some who flat out refuse to give the opposition free kicks...

5. can't believe this has gone for 3 pages :lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby Pag » Mon May 11, 2015 9:16 am

woodublieve12 wrote:1. regarding the red card, the umpire should have told the officials what the go is ie can he be replaced or not. my understanding is can't be replaced for ten minutes.

2. the extra man on the field. whether it's d7 or d1 the coaching staff have to be aware were your players are. MP certainly at fault here.

3. Singing the song on the oval is a disgrace and my opinion on that will never change. Only winning a flag is when it's a acceptable imo

4. reserve umpires are generally bad, i've only seen a handful of good ones. seen some who flat out refuse to give the opposition free kicks...

To this day, I still cannot understand the logic of the this. Why is it such a big deal? We were doing it in Under 10s back in the day.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 11, 2015 9:16 am

woodublieve12 wrote: 5. can't believe this has gone for 3 pages :lol:

This
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2015 9:33 am

morell wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Maybe you should give opposition teams a memo when they travel to Mitchell Park advising them what end they can warm up at and that singing on the oval is prohibited, I was unaware of either of them being a taboo.
You would think when we're both warming up at the same end, the visitors would get the idea. Mistakes happen, and it's not a big deal, but it would've been nice if they went to the other end once they realised. We did it at Brahma Lodge one day, our bad, they started warming up near us, Wal Bennets quickly dragged us down to the other end. Its called respect and courtesy - it is sadly missing in today's modern amateur league it seems.

Instead, with Angle Vale, I got abused for being too close when I was having a set shot straight in front - told to "**** off down the other you shit ****" at my own home ground and elbowed in the back 4 times as people went past after I told them in no in certain terms that it's our home ground, we've warmed up at this end for 60 ******* years, but no I was too close to their lanes apparently.

This is what I am talking about - in isolation, none of this is a big deal, but "a death by a thousand cuts" as they say.

Who was there first?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7939 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2015 9:37 am

woodublieve12 wrote:1. regarding the red card, the umpire should have told the officials what the go is ie can he be replaced or not. my understanding is can't be replaced for ten minutes.

Sometimes there's so much jubilation after a win the players just break into ode, it doesn't affect my time in the house at all, each to their own.
The away change rooms at Plympton are damn near impossible to form a circle and let rip a rendition, I would've thought a few clubs have done it playing there, not that I've had too much success there.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2015 9:38 am

Pag wrote:

To this day, I still cannot understand the logic of the this. Why is it such a big deal? We were doing it in Under 10s back in the day.

What logic can't you understand?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:38 am

Pag wrote:

under 10's is ok...
to be honest, each to their own. I was bought being told it's disrespectful. so it's something i will never do.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby morell » Mon May 11, 2015 9:41 am

I honestly don't know who was there first LM. I think we were but then went for a lap then they came out and took that space.

It shouldn't matter, it's the home teams privilege to pick an end and it always has been that way in my time playing football.

Just like it's always been sing the song in the clubrooms in all my time playing football.
morell
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 11, 2015 10:04 am

I've always thought it's who gets there first.
I used to hate warming up at the town end of the Moorook oval, but if the opposition got to the lagoon end first, so be it.
Same at Elizabeth, I'd rather warm up at the clubrooms end, not the Midway Road end, but so be it.
You went for a lap, the area was vacant. They're meant to be mind readers and know you're coming back?
Seriously, it's D7R and you're worried about which end you warm up at?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon May 11, 2015 10:04 am

if i had my way id sing the song on the ground home and away support the crowd that made the journey down to watch me or the team :D
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby human_torpedo » Mon May 11, 2015 10:10 am

Im a big believer in singing the song in the changerooms, not on the oval, unless its after a flag.. But having said that, I dont think its a lack of respect or anything if teams do it.. Each to their own..

I do find the warming up at the 'wrong' end garbage, simply that.. Give me a f*****g spell, just warm up at what ever end and get on with the game. Far more important and pressing matters to be concerned with than what end a side warms up

Morell, you cant honestly have an issue with AV calling a head count when in fact you had too many players on the field? The follow up of the incorrect penalty is obviously a fair gripe, but you cant be slammign a club for pointing out a clear violation of the rules, whether its AFL or div7R mate ,rules are rules.. And its not AV problem if you didnt have enough off field support that day, and seeking symapthy for that just isnt on..

We have skimmed over the most pressing matter of that day, maybe the AV coach should have locked down on Ellingham earlier and not let the form forward of div7R off the chain and his side may have been in the game a bit longer.. He'd surely be banging the door down on an A grade spot
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby S Demon » Mon May 11, 2015 10:17 am

Dogwatcher wrote:I've always thought it's who gets there first.
I used to hate warming up at the town end of the Moorook oval, but if the opposition got to the lagoon end first, so be it.
Same at Elizabeth, I'd rather warm up at the clubrooms end, not the Midway Road end, but so be it.
You went for a lap, the area was vacant. They're meant to be mind readers and know you're coming back?

I've always thought the team warmed up the same end according to their interchange bench location. There's not actually any "rules" though is there?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2015 10:22 am

S Demon wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:I've always thought it's who gets there first.

I've always thought the team warmed up the same end according to their interchange bench location. There's not actually any "rules" though is there?

Yeah mate, that's apparently the unwritten law.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2015 10:23 am

Robb_Stark wrote:if i had my way id sing the song on the ground home and away support the crowd that made the journey down to watch me or the team :D

I don't think that it's fair that the crowd miss my wonderful baritone.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 11, 2015 10:24 am

See, that doesn't work at Elizabeth.
Visitors get the clubroom end box. We prefer the warm-up at the same end.
You just get the end you get at this level.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby jo172 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:26 am

I agree, I've never been aware of this "unwritten rule" and suspect I've warmed up exactly 50% of the time at either end of my home oval.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2015 10:27 am

I prefer to get the shit end, if you can score goals from there you'll have no problems up the good end.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League