HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby cracka » Mon May 11, 2015 12:27 pm

The Gimp wrote:What are we handing Bridgy the cup already?? :roll: :roll:
Bridgy are doing OK but aren't near the level Lofty were last year or Echunga the year before.
Both A's and B's are a pretty open comp in div 2 at the moment and probably any of the top 3-5 side in both grades could win it on any given day IMHO.

Out of interest, when would've been the last time (if ever) Nairne have played at Bridgewater? Did they really struggle with the small confines or just didn't bother defending all day??
Fair shoot-out with 71 shots on goal for the game!! :shock:

97 or 98 when Nairne were in Div 1 before they went to RMFL for 4 years.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby RAMS » Mon May 11, 2015 5:52 pm

cracka wrote:
Bridgy are doing OK but aren't near the level Lofty were last year or Echunga the year before.
Both A's and B's are a pretty open comp in div 2 at the moment and probably any of the top 3-5 side in both grades could win it on any given day IMHO.

Out of interest, when would've been the last time (if ever) Nairne have played at Bridgewater? Did they really struggle with the small confines or just didn't bother defending all day??

Our last game at Bridgewater was our last game in Division 1 in 2001 where we played in a foot of mud with some of the worst conditions I can remember. The oval was much better this time round but I don't think the facilities have changed one bit. Pretty disappointing really, surely they need to spend some money on these before even being considered for Division 1 again.

Bridgy were a much better side on Saturday and beat NB hands down. We didn't handle the small oval well and many of our players were down. I'd expect a much better performance next time round.
RAMS

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby cracka » Mon May 11, 2015 6:48 pm

RAMS wrote:
cracka wrote:

Our last game at Bridgewater was our last game in Division 1 in 2001 where we played in a foot of mud with some of the worst conditions I can remember. The oval was much better this time round but I don't think the facilities have changed one bit. Pretty disappointing really, surely they need to spend some money on these before even being considered for Division 1 again.

Bridgy were a much better side on Saturday and beat NB hands down. We didn't handle the small oval well and many of our players were down. I'd expect a much better performance next time round.

Oh yeah, you came back from RMFL in 98, der cracka
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby samantic » Mon May 11, 2015 6:57 pm

RAMS wrote:
cracka wrote:

Wow!!

I suppose on that logic that we should include ovals. How many clubs now shouldn't be in division 1? And just to be clear Bridgewater have 3, yes 3 ovals including in my opinion the jewel in the HFL crown at Callington.

Sorry but I'm not sure why you would say that the standard of facilities you can afford should be a requirement for division 1.

Cracka, I agree that no 1 team yet should be claiming supremacy.
I wonder how much difference a large oval would make NB v Bridgee and what about Hancock? Surely a big impact with him back in.
There's plenty of games to go and it has been enjoyable seeing so many good teams go at it knowing that as you say any 1 of them could win on the day.
samantic
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby the wonder elephant » Mon May 11, 2015 8:06 pm

This old chestnut ! Now i haven't been around for the past 3 seasons and bridgys rooms wernt flash BUT mt barkers away rooms were just as bad not to mention torrens valleys were just as bad and i haven't been to cally since 2000 and they were diabolical ...
question being have any of these clubs spent any money in this area ?
All good to have pot shots at shanty :D but there are or were others that were just as bad if not worse !
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Freaky Tah » Wed May 13, 2015 5:41 pm

looks like Quino got the kid he was after, James Mapstone is now playing for Gums after starting the season with Poooooooooraka, was playing div 2 last year for Broadview and only left because the weed wasnt giving him a regular go in the A grade also his brother is at Gums too, only 19 but very talented kid, kicks on both legs and not afraid of the bigger guys, noticed he was 2nd or 3rd best in his first game, hope Quino offered him more than a drinks card for his services :lol:
When it comes to winning you need the skill and the will
Freaky Tah
Under 16s

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby 19thman » Fri May 29, 2015 4:54 pm

I see a very worrying trend developing that could spell the end for some smaller Div 2 clubs

2 years ago Echunga undefeated
Mt Lofty relegated, recruited, won undefeated
Bridgewater relegated, currently undefeated.
If things continue going as par course Bridgewater go back up, Onkas will be relegated.
A club like that will get players back from injury and players sensing a flag, will probably take out a flag.
What then? What's Gumeracha, Birdwood, Meadows and other such clubs going to do? Echunga have exceeded all expectations and good luck to them but they are the expection.

I think we need a massive overhaul of the whole competition. Clubs need to be zoned off for juniors and clubs need to merge.
Clubs like Gum, Birdwood, Kersbrook, Torrens Valley, even Lobey to an extent.
Kangarilla, Meadows, Maccy...
some tough calls need to be made otherwise there won't be ANY footy played in some of these smaller clubs in a couple of years.
19thman

Postby Kick'n Back » Fri May 29, 2015 6:03 pm

Has association team squad been announced yet
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times

Postby redsox » Fri May 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Kick'n Back wrote:Has association team squad been announced yet

10 div 2 players at training Wednesday night with another 8 wanting to play but unable to train and a couple injured but OK for the long weekend.

But this from Chopper7 on the Div1 forum

Division 1 been cancelled because of lack of support from players and clubs. Attendance over the 2 nights last week were 3 Lobethal, 3 Uri, 3 Mt Barker 1 Mt Lofty and 1 Onkas.
redsox

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Kick'n Back » Sat May 30, 2015 7:17 am

redsox wrote:
Kick'n Back wrote:Has association team squad been announced yet

10 div 2 players at training Wednesday night with another 8 wanting to play but unable to train and a couple injured but OK for the long weekend.

But this from Chopper7 on the Div1 forum

Division 1 been cancelled because of lack of support from players and clubs. Attendance over the 2 nights last week were 3 Lobethal, 3 Uri, 3 Mt Barker 1 Mt Lofty and 1 Onkas.

Has anyone seen the list of names selected in squad
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Sat May 30, 2015 7:09 pm

samantic wrote:
RAMS wrote:
cracka wrote:

Wow!!

I suppose on that logic that we should include ovals. How many clubs now shouldn't be in division 1? And just to be clear Bridgewater have 3, yes 3 ovals including in my opinion the jewel in the HFL crown at Callington.

Sorry but I'm not sure why you would say that the standard of facilities you can afford should be a requirement for division 1.

I wonder how much difference a large oval would make NB v Bridgee and what about Hancock? Surely a big impact with him back in.
There's plenty of games to go and it has been enjoyable seeing so many good teams go at it knowing that as you say any 1 of them could win on the day.

Our facilities at worst were still better than bridgewaters. Was there on Anzac Day, strange setup indeed
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby samantic » Sat May 30, 2015 8:45 pm

Wow!!

There's plenty of games to go and it has been enjoyable seeing so many good teams go at it knowing that as you say any 1 of them could win on the day.[/quote]
Our facilities at worst were still better than bridgewaters. Was there on Anzac Day, strange setup indeed[/quote]

I agree but the question is should that be a qualification for division 1?
samantic
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sun May 31, 2015 11:02 am

I assume the Meadows and Gumeracha scores are wrong in both the A's and B's on sporting pulse?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby doubletrouble » Sun May 31, 2015 6:40 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:I assume the Meadows and Gumeracha scores are wrong in both the A's and B's on sporting pulse?

Meadows run away to a 15 goal win in the end for the A grade
doubletrouble
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:12 am

samantic wrote:Wow!!

Our facilities at worst were still better than bridgewaters. Was there on Anzac Day, strange setup indeed[/quote]

I agree but the question is should that be a qualification for division 1?[/quote]

I really can't understand why some people talk so highly about the Callington oval... sure its big, and dry when the hills oval are wet.... but the facilities are awful. Back in my playing days the oval surface was littered with 3 corner jacks. I remember pulling them out of my knees after games. Footy is a winter sport so expect a bit of mud.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Tanka » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:28 pm

doubletrouble wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:I assume the Meadows and Gumeracha scores are wrong in both the A's and B's on sporting pulse?

Meadows run away to a 15 goal win in the end for the A grade

How much lower can Gumeracha get??? Reports from Saturday suggest they played a player not registered under a different name in the A-Grade! Pity this player was pretty well known as he used to live in the area.

What's next??
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby cossi11 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:57 pm

Birdwood are really starting to gel together now and the results are suggesting so. Maccy was never going to be an easy game but was a good measuring stick to see where we were at. To come from 4 goals down at quarter time and win by 7 goals in sloppy conditions was a great effort by all, had we kicked straight it could have been more.

Hope the bloke from Maccy who got taken to hospital has pulled up ok, i didn't see the incident but saw the aftermath and it didn't look pretty.

Looking forward to the break as there are some battered and bruised bodies and then to take on the much improved Sedan before having another crack at the top 3.
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby 19thman » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:44 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 7428400863

So this will apply to HFL i assume? Gonna change the dynamics of some clubs pretty drastically
19thman

Postby RAMS » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:58 pm

19thman wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 7428400863

So this will apply to HFL i assume? Gonna change the dynamics of some clubs pretty drastically

I don't think it is going to effect Division 2 HFL a great deal, but Division 1 will be a different matter along with most other Leagues.
RAMS

Postby Milly » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:11 pm

Who's coaching Gumeracha these days?
Under 16s

Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy