Postby DOC » Sun May 10, 2015 11:09 pm

More interest if it was a race meeting.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: Round 7 Adelaide v Port Balaklava Sunday 1.10pm

Postby OnSong » Mon May 11, 2015 2:04 pm

Race meeting on Wednesday! Publican's Day!
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby OnSong » Mon May 11, 2015 2:06 pm

Na, seriously, the club has put a heck of a lot of work into preparing the oval and facilities for the match. We're really looking forward to it and hoping for decent weather, although May generally means rain!

Oval will have had a massive break between matches on it, so it should be in top nick, it's a good sized deck so hoping to see a decent contest.
OnSong
Coach

Postby CENTURION » Mon May 11, 2015 2:55 pm

meh
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby stan » Tue May 12, 2015 8:32 am

OnSong wrote:Na, seriously, the club has put a heck of a lot of work into preparing the oval and facilities for the match. We're really looking forward to it and hoping for decent weather, although May generally means rain!

Oval will have had a massive break between matches on it, so it should be in top nick, it's a good sized deck so hoping to see a decent contest.

Good for the local sporting club and I hope you guys get a few out there. Unfortunately there is no novelty draw crowd this year so I wouldn't be expecting a massive crowd except for probably yhe locals wanting to see some football.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby OnSong » Tue May 12, 2015 8:46 am

stan wrote:
OnSong wrote:Na, seriously, the club has put a heck of a lot of work into preparing the oval and facilities for the match. We're really looking forward to it and hoping for decent weather, although May generally means rain!

Good for the local sporting club and I hope you guys get a few out there. Unfortunately there is no novelty draw crowd this year so I wouldn't be expecting a massive crowd except for probably yhe locals wanting to see some football.

Drop Tex you reckon?
OnSong
Coach

Postby carey » Tue May 12, 2015 9:22 am

OnSong wrote:
stan wrote:

Drop Tex you reckon?

John Butcher is playing ;)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby OnSong » Tue May 12, 2015 9:36 am

carey wrote:
OnSong wrote:
stan wrote:

Drop Tex you reckon?

We're not promoting that. :lol:
OnSong
Coach

Postby stan » Tue May 12, 2015 10:09 am

OnSong wrote:
carey wrote:
OnSong wrote:
stan wrote:[quote="OnSong"]Na, seriously, the club has put a heck of a lot of work into preparing the oval and facilities for the match. We're really looking forward to it and hoping for decent weather, although May generally means rain!

Drop Tex you reckon?

We're not promoting that. [emoji38][/quote]
I think the aim is to get people through the gates. So yeah drop Tex and play Butcher in the AFL [emoji6]
stan
Coach

Postby Scrapboy » Tue May 12, 2015 1:35 pm

carey wrote:John Butcher is playing ;)

Wouldn't be parking the car anywhere between the behind posts and the 50m arcs...
Scrapboy

Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby OnSong » Tue May 12, 2015 3:17 pm

CENTURION wrote:meh

I look at comments such as these and on one hand, I get the whole "No AFL in the SANFL" thing but then we wouldn't have an opportunity like we have this weekend to showcase some of the state's best football talent in our back yard.
No other club in the history of the SANFL has ever had the initiative to cater for the regional crowd in this area by playing a match for premiership points in Balaklava.
We're chuffed to have it, even if it isn't a "traditional" SANFL club competing. We've put in so much time and effort into preparing to host it and we're looking forward to holding it on Sunday. Jam your apathy.
OnSong
Coach

Postby stan » Tue May 12, 2015 3:19 pm

OnSong wrote:

I look at comments such as these and on one hand, I get the whole "No AFL in the SANFL" thing but then we wouldn't have an opportunity like we have this weekend to showcase some of the state's best football talent in our back yard.
No other club in the history of the SANFL has ever had the initiative to cater for the regional crowd in this area by playing a match for premiership points in Balaklava.
We're chuffed to have it, even if it isn't a "traditional" SANFL club competing. We've put in so much time and effort into preparing to host it and we're looking forward to holding it on Sunday. Jam your apathy.

On good on you guys. Like I said I hope you get a good turnout. Will be good for your club and the people from around the area to see the game.
stan
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue May 12, 2015 3:26 pm

OnSong wrote:

Well said there Onsong.

What are you hoping for crowd wise Sunday OnSong? There were 5,000 odd last year at Clare, however Tex was playing so would add a few extra supporters plus Clare is a bigger area. I would think anything over 3,000 would be a great result, however not sure if that's around the mark for what you are aiming for?

FWIW I will definitely make the effort to get to the ground and have a look for sure.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby matt35 » Tue May 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Would've gone up for this, but it clashes with Glenelg so that's where we'll be. Weather is looking about as good as it gets this time of year so certainly that won't turn anyone off. Hope for a good crowd and a Crows win; unfortunately I fear I'll have to be satisfied with a good crowd as I think Port will win this by around 6-7 goals.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby daysofourlives » Tue May 12, 2015 8:37 pm

Who benefits from the game?
where do the profits go, is it all to the Balaklave Footy Club?
Last years match was for a charity wasnt it?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby saintal » Tue May 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Whilst I don't think this particular game benefits/enhances the SANFL "brand" (for lack of a better term) greatly, it would be good to see 1 or 2 country games each year involving genuine SANFL clubs.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Tue May 12, 2015 9:05 pm

saintal wrote:Whilst I don't think this particular game benefits/enhances the SANFL "brand" (for lack of a better term) greatly, it would be good to see 1 or 2 country games each year involving genuine SANFL clubs.

Reckon we played a couple in our south east zone going back a decade or two. Penola I think? Westies gave us a touch up there from memory
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby saintal » Tue May 12, 2015 9:08 pm

kneedeepinthehoopla wrote:
saintal wrote:Whilst I don't think this particular game benefits/enhances the SANFL "brand" (for lack of a better term) greatly, it would be good to see 1 or 2 country games each year involving genuine SANFL clubs.

Reckon we played a couple in our south east zone going back a decade or two. Penola I think? Westies gave us a touch up there from memory

Penola rings a bell yeah. One of the season guides that PhilH etc put out a few years back listed all the country venues that have hosted a match. Was an interesting read.

Used to enjoy the trip to Encounter Bay to watch South (usually) get belted.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Tue May 12, 2015 9:14 pm

saintal wrote:
kneedeepinthehoopla wrote:

Penola rings a bell yeah. One of the season guides that PhilH etc put out a few years back listed all the country venues that have hosted a match. Was an interesting read.

Used to enjoy the trip to Encounter Bay to watch South (usually) get belted.

That's commitment. You could've just gone to noarlunga to see that!
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 12, 2015 9:17 pm

OnSong wrote:

There have been plenty of SANFL games in the bush before.

With the current look of the Adelaide Reserves due to the Crows injury list many of the players will be "bush" top up players who would have never achieved an SANFL game than by default.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL