1%
Unley Mercedes Jets
6%
Walkerville
6%

Total votes : 69

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

Postby TIRED TIGER » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:00 pm

I'm sorry that it's ended like that for you.EB53.
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Demon Juke » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:11 pm

Rumours about Gepps cross this season look like they will be true!
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby old moz » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:51 pm

EB53 wrote:tired Tiger, a wiser man than me said a long time ago, the most unrewarding thing you can do is get involved with a football club. I did not believe him, boy was I wrong.

he was wrong. the best thing is being involved in a footy club. the worst thing is getting involved with the running of a club....... you always piss someone off, as you know all to well.
old moz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby EB53 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:10 pm

That's the problem. "Many hands make light work" Too many people are prepared to sit back enjoy the benefits a football club offers and when asked to help out in some way the answer is always no "I don't want to get Involved". I suspect, that other clubs have or will go through the same thing.
The successful clubs Don't because rhey have a large contingent of volunteers willing to help out and ensure their clubs success.
It's called PRIDE, A SMALL WORD THAT MEANS SO MUCH.no one had more pride than me in our football club and our achievements. Unfortunately
at times I felt part of a very small group. Gepps will always be my club and I hope that the current situation that they find their in is temporary.
EB53
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Jetters » Fri May 01, 2015 9:41 pm

old moz wrote:
EB53 wrote:tired Tiger, a wiser man than me said a long time ago, the most unrewarding thing you can do is get involved with a football club. I did not believe him, boy was I wrong.

he was wrong. the best thing is being involved in a footy club. the worst thing is getting involved with the running of a club....... you always piss someone off, as you know all to well.

That is the worst attitude Ive ever heard.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 08, 2015 4:37 pm

"Team of the Week" in the SA Footballer magazine..
D2.JPG
D2.JPG (65.04 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby retired60 » Tue May 12, 2015 5:02 pm

Interesting info coming out of HQ about the Modbury v Scotch game last week. Apparently has to do with a report on a Modbury player for an alleged hit on a Scotch player. Anybody shed any light on this?
retired60

Has liked: 12 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 12, 2015 5:09 pm

retired60 wrote:Interesting info coming out of HQ about the Modbury v Scotch game last week. Apparently has to do with a report on a Modbury player for an alleged hit on a Scotch player. Anybody shed any light on this?

As in a punch to the head, or a mafia style arrangement 8)

Pretty disappointing though, I thought you were going to tell us that Scotch warmed up at the wrong end ;)

I've just been advised that this is before the tribunal so as per site rules, no one will shed anything until Thursday.

That's probably all you need to know for now.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Bulls forever » Tue May 12, 2015 6:05 pm

Not sure how much FC will let me say, so will avoid the report largely. I will declare my allegiance to Modbury. The game was actually pretty good with MFC making more of their opportunities than Scotch. No 22 for scotch clearly BOG. 4 send offs for game, 3 to Modbury, 1 Scotch. 1 Red which I assume was the report. IMO it all started at first bounce with a certain scotch player unfairly targeting a Modbury player. Certainly in the big league he would of been penalised a couple of times and the rubbish would have been done and dusted, didn't happen and the continual niggling continued. I didn't see the three yellow send offs so can't comment. Did see the red / report incident and as FC has stated I can't comment.

What was concerning is the eastern boundary line being 2 metres from the picket fence - accident waiting to happen IMO.
Perhaps FS can enlighten us on the exchange between the runners at the height of all the action.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby retired60 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:25 pm

Bulls forever wrote:Not sure how much FC will let me say, so will avoid the report largely. I will declare my allegiance to Modbury. The game was actually pretty good with MFC making more of their opportunities than Scotch. No 22 for scotch clearly BOG. 4 send offs for game, 3 to Modbury, 1 Scotch. 1 Red which I assume was the report. IMO it all started at first bounce with a certain scotch player unfairly targeting a Modbury player. Certainly in the big league he would of been penalised a couple of times and the rubbish would have been done and dusted, didn't happen and the continual niggling continued. I didn't see the three yellow send offs so can't comment. Did see the red / report incident and as FC has stated I can't comment.

What was concerning is the eastern boundary line being 2 metres from the picket fence - accident waiting to happen IMO.
Perhaps FS can enlighten us on the exchange between the runners at the height of all the action.

My sources may be wrong but I am led to believe the book has been thrown at the Modbury player in question (6)
retired60

Postby Sass! » Thu May 14, 2015 9:47 am

If he has gotten 6 it is an absolute disgrace.. the incident happened about 15 meters away from me and looked like a dumbed down version of what Jordan Lewis got 3 games for in the AFL... big difference was that our player was coming from behind to spoil and Lewis came from the side.. Interesting to note that when this occurred, not one Scotch player remonstrated as it looked accidental. the field umpire even said "I know it wasn't intentional but it was high"..
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu May 14, 2015 2:32 pm

Sass! wrote:If he has gotten 6 it is an absolute disgrace.. the incident happened about 15 meters away from me and looked like a dumbed down version of what Jordan Lewis got 3 games for in the AFL... big difference was that our player was coming from behind to spoil and Lewis came from the side.. Interesting to note that when this occurred, not one Scotch player remonstrated as it looked accidental. the field umpire even said "I know it wasn't intentional but it was high"..

Maybe he had some games suspended from a previous indiscretion? For example, he may have been given 2 for this offence, but had 4 games suspended from a previous offence, so he gets a total of 6.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Sass! » Thu May 14, 2015 2:45 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Sass! wrote:If he has gotten 6 it is an absolute disgrace.. the incident happened about 15 meters away from me and looked like a dumbed down version of what Jordan Lewis got 3 games for in the AFL... big difference was that our player was coming from behind to spoil and Lewis came from the side.. Interesting to note that when this occurred, not one Scotch player remonstrated as it looked accidental. the field umpire even said "I know it wasn't intentional but it was high"..

Maybe he had some games suspended from a previous indiscretion? For example, he may have been given 2 for this offence, but had 4 games suspended from a previous offence, so he gets a total of 6.

Player in question got suspended for 1 week back in 2012 I think it was, for accidental front on high contact.. . Pretty disappointing all in all, especially considering the field umpire right next to the incident said that it wasn't intentional but worth a yellow, while the official on the sidelines thought he better step in and assert some authority.. must of had a way better view from the bleachers.. the player is pretty positive bloke and will move on no matter what, but it certainly puts a dent in my faith in the system.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby retired60 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:49 pm

Sass! wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Player in question got suspended for 1 week back in 2012 I think it was, for accidental front on high contact.. . Pretty disappointing all in all, especially considering the field umpire right next to the incident said that it wasn't intentional but worth a yellow, while the official on the sidelines thought he better step in and assert some authority.. must of had a way better view from the bleachers.. the player is pretty positive bloke and will move on no matter what, but it certainly puts a dent in my faith in the system.

The notation of (6) was referring to the players number and not the number of games given or not given.
retired60

Postby Jetters » Thu May 14, 2015 10:37 pm

Sass! wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Always get a laugh when you hear someone get suspended, someone paints the player as an angel, you have a guess at which player from that club it might have been. Funny how often you're right.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby jo172 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:14 am

Jetters wrote:
Sass! wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Always get a laugh when you hear someone get suspended, someone paints the player as an angel, you have a guess at which player from that club it might have been. Funny how often you're right.

Also, it's the Amateur League. You're not unlucky to have been suspended twice, you're likely dirty and have gotten away with it far far more times than you've been caught
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby locky801 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:45 am

^^ looks like the penalty was 4 weeks suspension
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sun May 17, 2015 10:42 am

Good game between Broadview & Scotch O.C. yesterday went down to the wire with the Tigers winning by 2pts in another close one against Scotch.
Just got over the line last year in a tight game to keep the record alive.

Scotch's last win at Broadview was on the 22nd July 1967, Scotch 13.6 (84) to Broadview's 4.7 (31) when we were both in A3.

The last two games against them at home looked like they were going to break that HooDoo.

Set's up a great local rivalry game against Gaza next week at home as both clubs renew the rivalry after several season.

The clubs will be playing for the Kate Ellis Cup, should be a great day looking forward to it.

Makes you wonder which other clubs haven't won at an oppositions ground for many years.

We used to play against Scotch most seasons until the early 90's, Last year our first game against them since 1993.
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times

Postby locky801 » Sun May 17, 2015 12:17 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Good game between Broadview & Scotch O.C. yesterday went down to the wire with the Tigers winning by 2pts in another close one against Scotch.

Scotch's last win at Broadview was on the 22nd July 1967, Scotch 13.6 (84) to Broadview's 4.7 (31) when we were both in A3.

The last two games against them at home looked like they were going to break that HooDoo.

Set's up a great local rivalry game against Gaza next week at home as both clubs renew the rivalry after several season.

The clubs will be playing for the Kate Ellis Cup, should be a great day looking forward to it.

Makes you wonder which other clubs haven't won at an oppositions ground for many years.

We used to play against Scotch most seasons until the early 90's, Last year our first game against them since 1993.

Scotch's goal kicking cost them dearly none more so than this miss from the top of the goal square with 20 seconds to go. Was a great comeback from them however after being around 7 goals down early in the third 1/4
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun May 17, 2015 5:44 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Good game between Broadview & Scotch O.C. yesterday went down to the wire with the Tigers winning by 2pts in another close one against Scotch.

How did you play that last time the Tiges lost to the Toffs
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League