HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby lovethefooty » Wed May 13, 2015 4:04 pm

I reckon torrens valley try to play a game style where they get separation of their three key forwards.
they are all pretty dangerous.
some good mids too...Montgomery, o'sullivan, eichner were all good against hahndorf
lovethefooty
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby oldbomber » Wed May 13, 2015 7:44 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
qwerty wrote:On the weekend I was told that the SAAFL has given all clubs 15 points across the board now. Has anyone else heard similar or is this a case of BS?

Yes 15 points and 17 for finals games.

It's in 13.3 of their rules and regulations - http://www.saafl.asn.au/uploads/Pages/p ... copy10.pdf

Under section 13.5 I believe it also states a graders are now only 2 points instead of 3. Does anyone know if this is going to be the norm for country footy aswell or just in town? Points system was supposed to equalise competitions and reduce player movements, please correct me if im wrong or misinterpreted this rules document but do the premiers get 15 points and the wooden spooners only get 15 also? if so I cant see how that is going to lead to an even comp?
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby chopper7 » Fri May 15, 2015 12:12 pm

I've been hanging for Batmans preview of this weeks games??
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby batmanbegins » Fri May 15, 2015 12:53 pm

Sorry Lads been busy this week, here they are;
Onkas V Echunga- Onkas have been really competitive and it's good to see tanner and Hausler back but there just lacking a bit of class with Green and a few others still out to be able to beat most teams. Echunga will be wanting to make up for last week but if Edwards, Edmonds and Co are still out, Onkas may fancy their chances. Cranna will be to good in the ruck for ferraro which will give first use to lindsay, Jennings and Guy and once their on top good luck stopping Harland and Aish up forward. However, in Tanner, Klun and Mcgoo the dogs have a very good midfield but I think the Dees just have to much class all around the ground. Dees by 7 goals.
Hahndorf V Blackwood- This should be a cracker of a match, The woods need to win otherwise will slip to 2 and 4, whilst the Dorf would cement themselves in the 5 with a win. Handby was a handy inclusion last week but the young kids appear to be stepping up for the magpies to go along with the ever reliable Purling, Hankin and paul. The Woods by all accounts should of been up at half time against TV last week but poor kicking hurt them which they wont want to repeat this week. Thompson has been a great pick up and is dominating down back but it's time some of the young guns stepped up and stopped the reliance on the evergreens in Magarey, Herbert and Edwards. It's hard to go past the dorf at home, Hourigan to kick 6 and the Maggies to win by 3 goals.
Barker V Ironbank- Huge game for both sides, whoever wins will equal their wins and losses but whoever loses will go 2 and 4. Barker are coming of 2 wins and will be gaining confidence, Whilst we are coming of a big win and Motlop will return for certain this week which is a handy in. Barker like a few sides have a few key outs, whilst we will be missing de visser again but have mainly a full side. Thomas, Tags and Keeley have been outstanding for the bankers over the last few weeks providing a lot of run and carry, Whilst our midget forward line stepped up last week with Van den berg and Shearwood kicking a few. Hughes is one of the best players in the Comp for Barker and is all class, Hill has been kicking goals and Nunan is always hard to stop but they appear to be relying on to few to do to much at the minute. Ironbank by 2 goals.
Lobethal V Torrens- Game of the round, Dont be fooled by Lobe's ladder position they are a better side than that and I expect them to stand up this week. TV are one of the best sides in the comp, their just loaded with talent and who knows how to stop the Ellis Bros and Boras. Montgomery is a gun, O'sullivan is all class and Eichner and Co are all very good players in the midfield plus Renshaw controls the defensive 50. Bampton was very good last week for the tigers but Baust, Jenkins and Nitschke will need to lift to their usual standards as they need to control the middle to win this game. FIsher, WIlls and Co up forward could get on top of TV's defense if Lobe's mids get on top. Surely Callum Schild will come up from the Bs as he is way to good to be playing B grade, which would add another handy tall as well. I'm going to tip an upset just cause it's at Lobe and Lobe are a very good running side. Lobethal by 2 goals.
Uraidla V Lofty- Well good luck lofty, Beating Uraidla ar Uraidla is the hardest task in hills football and I just cant see them doing it. Lofty would be filthy after 10 minutes of bad footy cost them a game last week and should come out strong this week but their reliance on Miles, Nielsen and a few others is just to much to win to many games. Uraidla are just cruising along as per usual, Ivens, Richards and Delvins are playing very well, also young gepp is stepping up in the forward 50. Not much to say for this game other than lofty will try their hearts out but Uraidla will simply be to strong all around the ground. Uris by however much they choose to win by. (Hopefully Lofty people dont get annoyed by that, as I know we lost to you guys and you were far to good, I just think Uraidla are a very good side)
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Yellow & Black » Fri May 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Great preview again Batman. Hope you're right re Lobe v TV. Curious where Harrison came from? He was very good for u guys last week...
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby batmanbegins » Fri May 15, 2015 2:13 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:Great preview again Batman. Hope you're right re Lobe v TV. Curious where Harrison came from? He was very good for u guys last week...

Came from Christies beach, believe he came quite high in the SFL medal last year. He wasnt playing footy this year and our assistant coach new him so after we had a few injuries to our recruits we had points up our sleeve, so they decided to get him on board. Very tough and good footballer.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby The Sorce » Mon May 18, 2015 12:00 pm

I know its a while away but Echunga helped out their chances of not being relegated on the weekend with both A Grade & B Grade winning.... ( B Grade winning thier first central division game since coming up) putting a bit of a gap between themselves and Onka Valley on the overall points table..
Country Division
The Sorce
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon May 18, 2015 12:54 pm

Relegation table: (pos. change)
Hahndorf - 105 (-)
Blackwood - 93 (-)
Uraidla Districts - 91 (-)
Lobethal - 84 (+1)
Mount Barker - 69 (-1)
Torrens Valley - 60 (-)
Mount Lofty District - 57 (-)
Ironbank-Cherry Gardens - 55 (-)
Echunga - 45 (-)
Onkaparinga Valley - 31 (-)
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 18, 2015 2:15 pm

When does Groecke start playing for Onkas?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Mon May 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:Relegation table: (pos. change)
Hahndorf - 105 (-)
Blackwood - 93 (-)
Uraidla Districts - 91 (-)
Lobethal - 84 (+1)
Mount Barker - 69 (-1)
Torrens Valley - 60 (-)
Mount Lofty District - 57 (-)
Ironbank-Cherry Gardens - 55 (-)
Echunga - 45 (-)
Onkaparinga Valley - 31 (-)

I think all clubs need to be conscious of not finishing in the bottom 2 in the relegation points system in 2015, especially if the league gets restructured into two divisions of 8 - just saying.....
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Spiderman » Mon May 18, 2015 7:49 pm

How many points does each team get for a win in terms of the relagation table?
Spiderman
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times

Postby running defender » Wed May 20, 2015 12:20 am

Good article in the courier by pistols. A few board members should read it thorough and as it says (lead by example) go to the GSFL website and see what they the board are doing for a certain club, they are advertising for juniors to help them out. Not like a certain board member who thinks having a strong A gr and weak juniors doesn't give you the right to compete in top tier football. Get out of the eighties and into 2015. There are more sports been played, towns are growing faster, so you should be concentrating on keeping those kids in football, not bagging clubs trying to have a go. 43 doesn't go into 21.
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am

running defender wrote:Good article in the courier by pistols. A few board members should read it thorough and as it says (lead by example) go to the GSFL website and see what they the board are doing for a certain club, they are advertising for juniors to help them out. Not like a certain board member who thinks having a strong A gr and weak juniors doesn't give you the right to compete in top tier football. Get out of the eighties and into 2015. There are more sports been played, towns are growing faster, so you should be concentrating on keeping those kids in football, not bagging clubs trying to have a go. 43 doesn't go into 21.

Agree - it's a well written article than encapsulates the key issues the league is facing.

I've always supported the principle of the relegation system (weakest club goes down), however over the past 2-3 years it's been compromised by decisions of the HFL, to the point that it's no longer achieving what it was supposed to.

For example, Torrens Valley would be playing in Div. 2 this year if it not for the excessive permits and overage players they were allowed to play in their junior teams in 2014. Similarly in 2015, Uraidla are only complying with the by-law of having to field all four teams (to compete in Div 1) on the back of the weekly transfers of 5-6 Mt Barker players so they can field a junior colts team. This process will ultimately come back and bite a club like Onkas and/or Echunga when the relegation points for 2015 are tallied up.

Ironically, the top 3 clubs in Div. 1 have the weakest junior structures/numbers and at the end of the season may be unable to meet the requirements for Div. 1 in 2016. As I understand it, both Uraidla and TV have advised the HFL that they are unlikely to have a junior colts teams next year.

Buckle in......
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed May 20, 2015 12:20 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:As I understand it, both Uraidla and TV have advised the HFL that they are unlikely to have a junior colts teams next year.

Buckle in......

Looks like spots are opening up for Bridgewater & Nairne nicely then.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby batmanbegins » Wed May 20, 2015 12:54 pm

TV would struggle to fill a 13s and 15s next year I'd imagine as they only have an under 9 side so don't know how they would get a 13s side next year. Bit sad if Ur's cant get a 15s team next year, although it probably has been on the cards for a while with their juniors struggling for the last couple of years. Juniors should not be included in the relegation battle, especially under 15s (even though our 15s are certainly helping us this year) but if you cant field a Junior side in Central Div you should be relegated.
Are we the only league where Juniors actually count to the relegation battle?
Spiderman wrote:How many points does each team get for a win in terms of the relagation table?

J/C=3
S/C=5
Bs=5
As=10
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby cracka » Wed May 20, 2015 1:15 pm

BB yes I believe we are the only league where juniors are considered when calculating relegation, however we are also the only league with 2 or more divisions that has juniors playing on the same day at the same venue as the seniors.
Hate to say it but HFL may have to bite the bullet & have separate programmes for juniors & seniors, which is what's been happening in Div 2 for years.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed May 20, 2015 1:26 pm

cracka wrote:BB yes I believe we are the only league where juniors are considered when calculating relegation, however we are also the only league with 2 or more divisions that has juniors playing on the same day at the same venue as the seniors.
Hate to say it but HFL may have to bite the bullet & have separate programmes for juniors & seniors, which is what's been happening in Div 2 for years.

Fight it as hard as you can. The SFL has a hybrid (some participating in the Saturday program, some in the Sunday separate program, some both, some none) - it is an absolute clusterf***
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby cracka » Wed May 20, 2015 1:37 pm

cracka wrote:BB yes I believe we are the only league where juniors are considered when calculating relegation, however we are also the only league with 2 or more divisions that has juniors playing on the same day at the same venue as the seniors.

Fight it as hard as you can. The SFL has a hybrid (some participating in the Saturday program, some in the Sunday separate program, some both, some none) - it is an absolute clusterf***

Yeah I know SFL folk hate their junior program being so different from the senior one. What do we do if clubs like Uraidla & Torrens Valley can't field juniors though.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed May 20, 2015 2:19 pm

cracka wrote:

Yeah I know SFL folk hate their junior program being so different from the senior one. What do we do if clubs like Uraidla & Torrens Valley can't field juniors though.

I thought fielding juniors was a requirement of Division 1, where is there a problem?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Legs Man » Wed May 20, 2015 2:49 pm

Problem is smaller clubs not being able to compete with the large population clubs and this not being accounted for with respect to relegation.
Fully understand the need for 4 teams to play in Div 1 as a requirement and I agree with this.
Don't agree with the enormous advantage big population clubs get from junior points which stops them being relegated regardless of senior side results.
Also don't agree with some clubs being given advantage over other clubs with respect to access to junior players whether it be through permits or top up players.
If relegation is being maintained as a structure for our league then all clubs must have the same opportunity.
If this cannot be achieved then juniors should not be taken into account for relegation points - simply a requirement to field all 4 teams - and relegation points only being awarded for senior teams.
This wont happen with our current voting structure though as the larger clubs seem to have way too much influence on everything Hills footy.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy