9%
Golden Grove
6%
SMOSH West Lakes
6%

Total votes : 35

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Postby S Demon » Fri May 15, 2015 2:16 pm

Hefty wrote:@S Demon congrats on 250 games.....great achievement! All the best for tomorrow's game......nothing better than a win in a milestone!

Thanks mate
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby S Demon » Fri May 15, 2015 2:17 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Oh crap, I was supposed to post this morning...how bad do I feel right now :(

Sorry SD. Happy 250! :rock: :partyman: :prayer:

Magnificent effort from our Prez - there is not one person who works more tirelessly around Hope Valley than he - I only wish everyone at Hope Valley could share in his achievements tomorrow but unfortunately didn't get a B grade spot. :(

Thanks FC!

Had to take back what I said, got the call up :D
Last edited by S Demon on Sat May 16, 2015 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby S Demon » Fri May 15, 2015 2:19 pm

Johno6 wrote:CONGRATS MATE!

good luck on sat, enjoy the free head jobs you get after the game!

I don't know what to say here?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri May 15, 2015 2:30 pm

S Demon wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Oh crap, I was supposed to post this morning...how bad do I feel right now :(

Sorry SD. Happy 250!

Magnificent effort from our Prez - there is not one person who works more tirelessly around Hope Valley than he - I only wish everyone at Hope Valley could share in his achievements tomorrow but unfortunately didn't get a B grade spot. :(

Thanks FC!

Apparently sheep stations are now are up for gabs in Div 4 Reserves

So I heard ;) Times like this you wish you played for Port Adelaide and your last name was Cornes ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby TIRED TIGER » Fri May 15, 2015 3:56 pm

Congratulations SD 250 games at the club you love,sure is a great milestone.pity you aren't playing the late game would loved to have watched your big game.all the best Charlie
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 15, 2015 4:02 pm

S Demon wrote:
Johno6 wrote:CONGRATS MATE!

good luck on sat, enjoy the free head jobs you get after the game!

I don't know what to say here?

Thanks would be a start.

Good work mate, have a great game.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7925 times

Postby Johno6 » Fri May 15, 2015 4:11 pm

Sorry I meant all the head coaching job offers you will get after the game
because you must have a good footy IQ to of played 250 games.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby TEX07 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:21 am

The question was raised again after our D grade win yesterday - should we or shouldn't we sing out on the oval, in the past we have always sang on the oval, but, this season as skip, I said that we sing in the changeroom. I was injured yesterday so helped out our playing Coach on the sidelines but the guys decided that we sang out on the oval. This is in no way to show any disrespect to the TTG Footy club, but the amount of booing we copped from their supporters really surprised me. I was personally called every name under the sun, because the ill informed crowd assumed I was coach because I was holding the magnet board all day. At one point a woman yelled out to me as I was walking off calling me, disrespectful and a few other choice words, to which I replied that's we won and we can sing where we like, this next part showed me how classy they were, her 8 or 9 year old son stands up and tells me "get f**ked you f**king wanker". The crowd cheered when one of their players belted one of ours after the final siren and the weak jerk then ran from the ground to avoid any further issue (I think that there may have been a report here not sure so that's all I will comment on).

Ttg coach was all class IMO - didn't get involved in any rubbish and like the rest assumed I was coach and made a beeline for me after the game to offer his congratulations, a few in the crowd could take a leaf out of his book. There was supporters who we heard say, this is embarrassing so it's a few nit the majority that I'm talking about. To the TTG people, singing on the oval is something personally I don't like, but, we didn't do it yesterday in anyway to show any disrespect, I fully agree it is a changeroom thing but it is our choice and some of their actions were terrible. To be honest, some changerooms are just too tight to do it in, at Unley a few weeks back we sang inside and it was awkward - sort of had to stand in little groups based on space, visitors changerooms are nearly always smaller.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sun May 17, 2015 10:28 am

That's a hard question to answer,

Not overly in favour of it but there are times and situations that dictate that it will happen.

TTG is a little strange with the visitors change-rooms at the back of the club .

I was goal umpiring an U18 game last year between TTG & GG at TTG in which my God-Nephew was playing for GG. I think it was their first win at TTG in something like 10 years in the U17/U18 comp. They waited until TTG had left the ground and sang the song on the oval with their parents and supporters in the background I can slightly understand this unlike the AFL with cameras so everyone can see what is happening. on this occassion the rest of the club could be part of it as well.

I remember when we won the D7Res Prelim in extra time in 1998 at Campbelltown oval in the days before home finals. We sang the song on the ground in front of the supporters that turned up to support us as the change-rooms are a fair distance from the ground.

Some circumstances dictate that there is a right time and place for this to happen as long as it is done with no dis-respect.
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby finn » Sun May 17, 2015 11:23 am

Times to sing the club song on the oval:
1 - you have to sing it on the oval when the following side is still in the change rooms
2 - after winning grand finals (or finals possibly)
3 - when the opposition supporters have been so shitehouse that you want to show your pride in your club (contentious and possibly antagonistic)

I'm all for singing the club song on your home ground as it reinforces the fact that this your piece of turf (ta Cyrus from the Warriors) and if another club sings their song, I hope like hell it sticks in my guys' craw.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby TEX07 » Sun May 17, 2015 1:49 pm

Both offer good points, really wasn't done yesterday with any issue towards ttg crowd, it wasn't until after when I copped the abuse that I even noticed them for the day. I would love to say it's only ever going to happen on a GF win but truth be known it will prob be on the oval more often than not (have to win first too). Take milestone games, we always make that player stand in the middle, and then proceed to soak them, changerooms would get mighty wet if we did this inside.

I have never had any other side take it so badly, wasn't intended to be a smack in the face to ttg, I know we won there last year, sang on the oval, no issue. I'm keen to keep it off the ground myself anyway, but would have no problem with opposition doing it to us. I agree it would be enough fuel to fire up for next game - hopefully!
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby TEX07 » Sun May 17, 2015 1:52 pm

Going back a few pages there was discussion regarding numbers of players, 25 being too high. I helped out coaching yesterday for the first time and I tell you what, I struggled to use my bench enough, had about three guys who I just couldn't get on and really changed my perspective on the extended bench. But, if we didn't these guys wouldn't play at all, I feel for all the coaches trying to rotate each week, it's a tough job.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby marbles » Sun May 17, 2015 5:05 pm

TEX07 wrote:Going back a few pages there was discussion regarding numbers of players, 25 being too high. I helped out coaching yesterday for the first time and I tell you what, I struggled to use my bench enough, had about three guys who I just couldn't get on and really changed my perspective on the extended bench. But, if we didn't these guys wouldn't play at all, I feel for all the coaches trying to rotate each week, it's a tough job.

In theory it sounds wonderful... Yeah 25 blokes get a game, how great for participation

But like u, when u actually sit there on the bench and see how demoralized at least 5 to 10 players become, knowing they'll barely get 2 quarters on the ground, u soon cop a feel that its not an enjoyable day out for many especially after all the effort each individual puts in to prepare themselves to get there

And like u say what also a difficult proposition for the coach having to play rotation rotation rotation all day instead of being to watch the game

Did u notice or observe after the game or at club last night, the evil eyes from those who spent most of the game on the bench? A few shitty boys around?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun May 17, 2015 6:39 pm

marbles wrote:
TEX07 wrote:Going back a few pages there was discussion regarding numbers of players, 25 being too high. I helped out coaching yesterday for the first time and I tell you what, I struggled to use my bench enough, had about three guys who I just couldn't get on and really changed my perspective on the extended bench. But, if we didn't these guys wouldn't play at all, I feel for all the coaches trying to rotate each week, it's a tough job.

In theory it sounds wonderful... Yeah 25 blokes get a game, how great for participation

But like u, when u actually sit there on the bench and see how demoralized at least 5 to 10 players become, knowing they'll barely get 2 quarters on the ground, u soon cop a feel that its not an enjoyable day out for many especially after all the effort each individual puts in to prepare themselves to get there

And like u say what also a difficult proposition for the coach having to play rotation rotation rotation all day instead of being to watch the game

Did u notice or observe after the game or at club last night, the evil eyes from those who spent most of the game on the bench? A few shitty boys around?

A good mate of mine plays in our C/D grade, he's not the most gifted footballer but he gets really frustrated with the lack of game time he gets week to week after being a regular on the track during the week, he's also very close with our C grade coach.

This just goes to show how hard it can be for a coach to give all his players a decent amount of game time and how frustrating it can be for the players in a C grade/D grade team.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Sun May 17, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby finn » Sun May 17, 2015 6:43 pm

I generally try to select 23 rather than 25 if possible. I think 23 is decent in that it allows extras to play but doesn't make the coaches job ridiculous. I also believe that the a grade divisions (div 7 and up) should select 22 each.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby marbles » Sun May 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Yeah in finals div 1 we played 22

If I was coach I be inflicting 22 and if players get cut and still come back next week that desire as a team makes u stronger because its a fight for spots and an urgency to perform or your out!! :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby TEX07 » Sun May 17, 2015 8:14 pm

marbles wrote:

Not really to be honest, this week there was about three that got very little game time, one was his first game and hadn't trained even yet, late inclusion. The other is a new to footy player, great guy but not all that good yet, will get better with time. The other was carrying an injury so he was nursed through. 23 would be easier, but no way as a club can we name only 23 in the c and d grade regardless of ability and have 4 guys miss out really just to make the coaches job easier. We take their subs and they should get at least some game time. The harsh reality is some guys are just no good, they want to play and pay to play but still can not cut it. I would actually like to see us refund or apply discounted subs to these guys the following season. Why should they pay as much as others to play and not get on the field as often. Does it cost as much to field a Div 8/8R combo as it does to say field a C1 and C3 combo for example?
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby TEX07 » Sun May 17, 2015 8:16 pm

marbles wrote:Yeah in finals div 1 we played 22

If I was coach I be inflicting 22 and if players get cut and still come back next week that desire as a team makes u stronger because its a fight for spots and an urgency to perform or your out!! :)

If there was 23 number on div 7 and below and 22 for above that would have almost the same impact on I numbers but spread across the club. I like that idea,
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby finn » Sun May 17, 2015 8:41 pm

TEX07 wrote:
marbles wrote:

Not really to be honest, this week there was about three that got very little game time, one was his first game and hadn't trained even yet, late inclusion. The other is a new to footy player, great guy but not all that good yet, will get better with time. The other was carrying an injury so he was nursed through. 23 would be easier, but no way as a club can we name only 23 in the c and d grade regardless of ability and have 4 guys miss out really just to make the coaches job easier. We take their subs and they should get at least some game time. The harsh reality is some guys are just no good, they want to play and pay to play but still can not cut it. I would actually like to see us refund or apply discounted subs to these guys the following season. Why should they pay as much as others to play and not get on the field as often. Does it cost as much to field a Div 8/8R combo as it does to say field a C1 and C3 combo for example?

It does. All of those grades can have 25 as well.

There is also no reason that a club can't organise some sort refund structure that they see fit. At Uni, we allow latitude for players that are filling in, only playing before heading overseas or interstate etc as they are helping out as required.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby marbles » Sun May 17, 2015 8:53 pm

That's a good idea 22 div 7 & up

23 div 8 and down no one loses out at all there

------

So players cant pay match by match at your clubs??
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League