Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby Q. » Sat May 16, 2015 5:32 pm

HDFC win the A's by 95 point.

I took a few useless stats, the most bizarre being that Flinders Uni had 27 free kicks to our 6, despite us having about 70% of possession.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby marbles » Sat May 16, 2015 7:09 pm

Q. wrote:HDFC win the A's by 95 point.

I took a few useless stats, the most bizarre being that Flinders Uni had 27 free kicks to our 6, despite us having about 70% of possession.

Just outright thuggery by Houghton ;) assume the crabs were a little bit over tackled?

What other stats u get
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Yank Man » Sat May 16, 2015 7:19 pm

Q. wrote:
morell wrote:Hearing rumours Salisbury West have forfeited?

For real?

North Pines at home and Salisbury West at home, that would be the answer.
The Tigers down by 9 points. Great to see games in this division close, apart from the obvious. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat May 16, 2015 7:31 pm

I happened to catch the game today. Houghton dominated early. The score was roughly 6 goals to 4 in the last half. I assume houghton were not happy with that? Reading the forum for a few years I also suspect you were the bald guy who wasn't happy when he got caught holding the ball? Although I would not know you from a bar of soap. If it was, I thought it was a good call myself. Whilst I do have friends who call Flinders home I didn't see an obvious bias from the saafl umpires today.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby marbles » Sat May 16, 2015 7:38 pm

Obviously an elite football side vs a bunch of nuffs nuffs, the softies are gonna get bowled over extensively and much of those encounters probability would say yea the softy got a little bit roughed up there (not intentionally though) I gather
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Sat May 16, 2015 7:40 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:

I happened to catch the game today. Houghton dominated early. The score was roughly 6 goals to 4 in the last half. I assume houghton were not happy with that? Reading the forum for a few years I also suspect you were the bald guy who wasn't happy when he got caught holding the ball? Although I would not know you from a bar of soap. If it was, I thought it was a good call myself. Whilst I do have friends who call Flinders home I didn't see an obvious bias from the saafl umpires today.

I was in a moonboot on the sidelines.
Q.
Coach

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat May 16, 2015 7:42 pm

marbles wrote:Obviously an elite football side vs a bunch of nuffs nuffs, the softies are gonna get bowled over extensively and much of those encounters probability would say yea the softy got a little bit roughed up there (not intentionally though) I gather

You have to have your head over the ball to get a free kick ;)
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat May 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Q. wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:

Like I said, bar of soap :D If I'd known it would have been good to chew the fat
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Postby Q. » Sat May 16, 2015 7:44 pm

marbles wrote:Obviously an elite football side vs a bunch of nuffs nuffs, the softies are gonna get bowled over extensively and much of those encounters probability would say yea the softy got a little bit roughed up there (not intentionally though) I gather

Pretty much, we couldn't lay a finger on them. Not that it mattered really, I just thought it was bad umpiring and the sort that has the potential to lead to frustrated players. D7 standard I guess, something I don't notice much when actually playing.
Last edited by Q. on Sat May 16, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Sat May 16, 2015 7:45 pm

Q. wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:

Yea I did see a drunk guy in moon boot chucking empty cans at the ump all day, the cops had to come get him. Surprised they let u out already Q :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Sat May 16, 2015 7:46 pm

marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:

Yea I did see a drunk guy in moon boot chucking empty cans at the ump all day, the cops had to come get him. Surprised they let u out already Q :)

They took pity on me, being bald and crippled.
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Sat May 16, 2015 7:47 pm

How could the score be 6 goals to 4 in the last half when the winner got up by 95 points :shock:
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat May 16, 2015 7:48 pm

Q. wrote:

Pretty much, we couldn't lay a finger on them. Not that it mattered really, I just thought it was bad umpiring and the sort that has the potential to lead to frustrated players. D7 standard I guess, something I don't notice much when actually playing.

That said there was a small mellee in the last which didn't result in a free kick either way ;)
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat May 16, 2015 7:48 pm

marbles wrote:How could the score be 6 goals to 4 in the last half when the winner got up by 95 points :shock:

Maths
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat May 16, 2015 7:54 pm

St. Pauls by 9 points
Uni by 14 points
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Re:

Postby Yank Man » Sat May 16, 2015 8:14 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:

That was Hally, got caught more than once as well.
Half time 12.5 to 1.6.... Full time 20.12 to 5.7. :D
Last edited by Yank Man on Sat May 16, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Re: Re:

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat May 16, 2015 8:20 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:

That was Hally, got caught more than once as well. :D

I'd hate to see him when he lost considering they won by as much as they did
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Re: Re:

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat May 16, 2015 8:47 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:

That was Hally, got caught more than once as well.
Half time 12.5 to 1.6.... Full time 20.12 to 5.7. :D

I thought it was 14 goals to 1 at half time? But I did put roughly for a reason. If you were taking records I'll assume you were right. My point, whilst not as strong based on your score keeping, was that Houghton dominated in the first half with the play being closer after the long break
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Postby marbles » Sat May 16, 2015 8:53 pm

1st half 17 to 7 scoring shots

2nd half 15 to 5 scoring shots & the umps gave the crabs charity free kicks, means that houghton played better second half just didnt kick straight
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat May 16, 2015 9:01 pm

marbles wrote:1st half 17 to 7 scoring shots

2nd half 15 to 5 scoring shots & the umps gave the crabs charity free kicks, means that houghton played better second half just didnt kick straight

As always Marbles is points us towards reason :oops:
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League