Round 7 Adelaide v Port Balaklava Sunday 1.10pm

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 7 Adelaide v Port Balaklava Sunday 1.10pm

by southee » Sun May 17, 2015 5:35 pm

johntheclaret wrote:According to RPH it's been a great advert for SANFL footy today

Comedy ! :lol:
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

by Big Phil » Mon May 18, 2015 7:49 am

southee wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:According to RPH it's been a great advert for SANFL footy today

It was more referring to the fact that the SANFL was taken out to the country and there was 35 goals kicked on the day, not so much to do with the two teams participating, jtc.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

by johntheclaret » Mon May 18, 2015 10:20 am

Big Phil wrote:
southee wrote:

It was more referring to the fact that the SANFL was taken out to the country and there was 35 goals kicked on the day, not so much to do with the two teams participating, jtc.

Hey, I only quoted what was said BP
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

by OnSong » Mon May 18, 2015 10:34 am

Just want to say thanks for those who came up and got involved with the day. Our local community supported it pretty well, not so much the travelling public but with the gourmet weekend in the Clare Valley, no "Tex factor" and Channel 7 broadcasting it live, we were up against it to pull a decent crowd.
I worked the whole game so didn't see much of it but the people I served beer to, including the vocal purple-haired Port lady, all had positive comments about how the oval was presented, food and drinks available etc.
The players who signed autographs were great and Tony Modra was an excellent ambassador, he hung around and mingled with people.
So, while the crowd was down on what we would have liked, the club is proud of our efforts to present a quality arena with an excellent standard of catering.
CFS Foundation also said the money coming in for parking and general donations was crazy, so for them, it was a great success.
Both clubs were great to work with in organising it, along with Matt Duldig from the SANFL and his team. Hope they continue to take SANFL to the regions in the future.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

by Mythical Creature » Mon May 18, 2015 11:27 am

Was a good day OnSong. Didn't see you so I must have been drinking my froffies from another beer tent. Oval looked the best I have ever seen it, so the footy club should be proud of how they presented it. From my perspective, the weather was sunny, beer was cold and my steak sanga had double meat (thanks buttsy) so I went home reasonably happy.

As for carparking, I managed to park in some unlucky bastards driveway :lol:, but it looked as though the CFS would have made a killing which is great to see.

What was the crowd in the end mate? We had a guess of somewhere between 1500 and 2000. Always hard to tell though.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

by Gozu » Mon May 18, 2015 11:44 am

Crowd 2,034
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

by Coach Bombay » Mon May 18, 2015 12:05 pm

anyone know if there is anyway of obtaining a reply? Wouldnt mind seeing how the boys went such as Wigg et. al.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

by OnSong » Mon May 18, 2015 12:14 pm

Coach Bombay wrote:anyone know if there is anyway of obtaining a reply? Wouldnt mind seeing how the boys went such as Wigg et. al.

Crows post SANFL highlights on their Youtube channel each week but it wasn't there when I went looking for it this morning
OnSong
Coach

by Bounce of the ball » Wed May 20, 2015 7:00 pm

Lot of reasons why a crap crowd . Welcome to what the SANFL clubs have to deal with every week.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

by CENTURION » Thu May 21, 2015 7:26 pm

it was a crap crowd because people don't go to watch reserves matches. it's that frigging simple.
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

by wristwatcher » Fri May 22, 2015 12:44 am

johntheclaret wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
OnSong wrote:And there's those who just flat out don't get the opportunity. Check Sam Rowland's stats in the ressies but can't crack the strong League side.

One would suspect it's not all about stats in order to get a League game...

Brayden O'Hara played 3 years of really good Reserves football before getting a League opportunity at Centrals...

Boras was the same for North. Great returns in the ressies but never fired up in the league

Kicked 8 goals in a league game but hey don't let the facts get in the way of your posts :roll:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

by goddy11 » Fri May 22, 2015 8:46 am

A bit late to bring up an Idea but the SANFL has missed a big opportunity this weekend. With the state game on and no telecast of it, how good would it have been as a Sunday stand alone game of PAM and Adelaide. Would have given a big boost to the country league while not impacting their local games.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Round 7 Adelaide v Port Balaklava Sunday 1.10pm

by Jim05 » Fri May 22, 2015 9:08 am

goddy11 wrote:A bit late to bring up an Idea but the SANFL has missed a big opportunity this weekend. With the state game on and no telecast of it, how good would it have been as a Sunday stand alone game of PAM and Adelaide. Would have given a big boost to the country league while not impacting their local games.

Not allowed, there is a bye on the state game round
Why should those 2 clubs get a leg up on the genuine clubs?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

by johntheclaret » Fri May 22, 2015 10:26 am

wristwatcher wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
OnSong wrote:And there's those who just flat out don't get the opportunity. Check Sam Rowland's stats in the ressies but can't crack the strong League side.

One would suspect it's not all about stats in order to get a League game...

Brayden O'Hara played 3 years of really good Reserves football before getting a League opportunity at Centrals...

Boras was the same for North. Great returns in the ressies but never fired up in the league

Kicked 8 goals in a league game but hey don't let the facts get in the way of your posts :roll:

Yeah, he's a real star for us.
Oh wait a minute..............
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

by RooShootOhh » Fri May 22, 2015 3:14 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Was a good day OnSong. Didn't see you so I must have been drinking my froffies from another beer tent. Oval looked the best I have ever seen it, so the footy club should be proud of how they presented it. From my perspective, the weather was sunny, beer was cold and my steak sanga had double meat (thanks buttsy) so I went home reasonably happy.

As for carparking, I managed to park in some unlucky bastards driveway :lol:, but it looked as though the CFS would have made a killing which is great to see.

What was the crowd in the end mate? We had a guess of somewhere between 1500 and 2000. Always hard to tell though.

Or the eskie you snuck in through the gate!!!!
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

by OnSong » Fri May 22, 2015 3:34 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Was a good day OnSong. Didn't see you so I must have been drinking my froffies from another beer tent. Oval looked the best I have ever seen it, so the footy club should be proud of how they presented it. From my perspective, the weather was sunny, beer was cold and my steak sanga had double meat (thanks buttsy) so I went home reasonably happy.

Beer smuggler!
OnSong
Coach

by Mythical Creature » Fri May 22, 2015 6:02 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:

Na I've never snuck beers into a local footy ground (Adelaide Oval different story). Would rather support each individual club. Pisses me off no end when people bring their own drinks into my club so I have no right to criticise if I do it back to them.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL