Collingwood 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Collingwood 2014

Postby test » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:12 pm

Q. wrote:
test wrote:Some various feedback today tells me it's not uncommon to cut coke with the stuff they tested positive to, maybe instead of looking for contaminated meat in NZ their lawyers should be sussing out The Mongrel Mob and Black Power about their ingredients of choice!

It would be very uncommon.

Coke is almost always cut with lidocaine, dextrose or caffeine.

Apparently it enhances and prolongs the high... Doubt we'll ever find out the truth of how they took it anyway, but it would explain why they were so surprised when confronted by the club. Or they just lied through their teeth and knew when and why they took it, which does seem likely.
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby Q. » Sun May 17, 2015 2:34 pm

DeGoey to get a full game. Been tearing it up in the Reserves, kid has got massive potential. Now I just gotta find a decent stream...
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Coach Bombay » Mon May 18, 2015 11:36 am

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-18/c ... tar-magpie

The first sentence "TRAVIS Cloke says it is about time people "shut their mouths" and allowed him to get on with the job of fixing his wayward goalkicking"

WADH, doesn't he understand that we don't want him to fix his kicking. The majority of the football community love seeing him be a spud kick :roll:
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby Q. » Mon May 18, 2015 1:57 pm

He was good yesterday. Interesting that Bucks spoke out about the two sets of umpiring rules, one for Cloke and one for the rest of the comps forwards. There's nothing more frustrating than seeing him get ragdolled at one end and soft free kicks getting paid at the other end.
Q.
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 18, 2015 2:48 pm

Still think Collingwood are going OK, they seem to be well coached and drilled, have some good forwards and steady backs, just need some help in the mids desperately, Richmond got on top there in the last 1/4 and it was game over.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2328 times
Been liked: 3522 times

Postby JK » Mon May 18, 2015 2:49 pm

Dutchy wrote:Still think Collingwood are going OK, they seem to be well coached and drilled, have some good forwards and steady backs, just need some help in the mids desperately, Richmond got on top there in the last 1/4 and it was game over.

Missing Sidebottom badly
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 18, 2015 3:02 pm

Yep. We couldn't stop a run because we couldn't get enough ball on the outside. Swan was getting loads of the ball, but was forced into handballing close (pretty creatively, mind you) to other players under pressure.
Maric was on top in the ruck - which is an ongoing problem. I love Grundy, but when he comes up against a gorilla such as Maric, we get less of the ball from the ruck contests.
Again, though, we missed a couple of sitters (White and Seedsman) that certainly could have made a difference. It's a big problem - but it's seems not one isolated to Collingwood.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 18, 2015 3:52 pm

JK wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Still think Collingwood are going OK, they seem to be well coached and drilled, have some good forwards and steady backs, just need some help in the mids desperately, Richmond got on top there in the last 1/4 and it was game over.

Missing Sidebottom badly

Greenwood too
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 18, 2015 3:59 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Yep. We couldn't stop a run because we couldn't get enough ball on the outside. Swan was getting loads of the ball, but was forced into handballing close (pretty creatively, mind you) to other players under pressure.
Maric was on top in the ruck - which is an ongoing problem. I love Grundy, but when he comes up against a gorilla such as Maric, we get less of the ball from the ruck contests.
Again, though, we missed a couple of sitters (White and Seedsman) that certainly could have made a difference. It's a big problem - but it's seems not one isolated to Collingwood.

An interesting tactic has emerged this season, whereby some teams are deliberately not caring about winning the hit outs and are going for more mobile ruckmen. Blicavs (Simpson), spencer (jamar), cordy (minson), ceglar (McEvoy) are all playing ahead of ruckmen that are arguably much better tap ruckmen but much less mobile. Seems like the play is to use your ruck as the link man and hurt the opposing gorillas in transition. Jacobs is good at this too

Either that or you better offer something at ground level with tackling and contested possession (Mumford, lobbe, Grundy)

Seems like this is nullifying the goldys, sandys, marics and pykes?

Of course this has happened in previous years but it got me thinking this week when the Bulldogs still kept minson out of the side knowing cordy would get monstered in the ruck.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Q. » Mon May 18, 2015 4:32 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Yep. We couldn't stop a run because we couldn't get enough ball on the outside. Swan was getting loads of the ball, but was forced into handballing close (pretty creatively, mind you) to other players under pressure.

An interesting tactic has emerged this season, whereby some teams are deliberately not caring about winning the hit outs and are going for more mobile ruckmen. Blicavs (Simpson), spencer (jamar), cordy (minson), ceglar (McEvoy) are all playing ahead of ruckmen that are arguably much better tap ruckmen but much less mobile. Seems like the play is to use your ruck as the link man and hurt the opposing gorillas in transition. Jacobs is good at this too

Either that or you better offer something at ground level with tackling and contested possession (Mumford, lobbe, Grundy)

Seems like this is nullifying the goldys, sandys, marics and pykes?

Of course this has happened in previous years but it got me thinking this week when the Bulldogs still kept minson out of the side knowing cordy would get monstered in the ruck.

Geelong have been playing to lose the taps for at least a couple of years now. They play a spread off stoppage contests and it's worked for the most part.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon May 18, 2015 4:34 pm

We got screwed with the Toovey sub. Meant that both Witts and Karnezis played all or most of the game and their lack of defensive pressure (ie. slow as ****) up forward just killed us.

And yes, I think Karnezis has shown enough to tell me he should never suit up in the seniors again and should be delisted.
Q.
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 18, 2015 4:40 pm

Agreed.

Bye, bye Karnezis and Armstrong.
We are never going to challenge while TA is anywhere near our list, let alone getting games.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby JK » Mon May 18, 2015 5:05 pm

bennymacca wrote:
JK wrote:

Missing Sidebottom badly

Greenwood too

Yep, but in particular missing the quality disposal of SS .. Adams very good at finding the ball but is a shit kick. Greenwood is OK but can be hit and miss with disposal too.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 22, 2015 9:37 pm

Surprised there hasnt been any mention of the two players B samples testing positive
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Q. » Fri May 22, 2015 9:53 pm

Jim05 wrote:Surprised there hasnt been any mention of the two players B samples testing positive

The test result would have come back ages ago, it was probably the two players who choose to hold back the result.
Q.
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Sat May 23, 2015 12:23 am

Maximum penalty I reckon. I feel for them though. They've let the team down badly and won't be able to make up for it for 2 years at least.
Would we re-draft them after their suspension?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 502 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun May 24, 2015 11:37 am

Of course they are going OK. Check out their draw so far. Out of the current top 8 teams they've only played one. Out of the top 12 they've played 3 and only won one.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Q. » Sun May 24, 2015 12:37 pm

Exactly REB, a few players have been shown to be front runners, happy to queue up for kicks against the shit teams. Let's see who steps up against the Roos this week.
Q.
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon May 25, 2015 12:44 pm

Q. wrote:Exactly REB, a few players have been shown to be front runners, happy to queue up for kicks against the shit teams. Let's see who steps up against the Roos this week.

You're not that far away though. Against us and Richmond you put in an ordinary period which cost you the Richmond match and contributed to 90% of the margin in the Cat game. Problem is, do that against Freo, Sydney and Hawthorn and it will get ugly fairly quickly.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:42 am

There's talk that Charlie Dixon is tradeable.
Should we be going after him?
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL