29%
Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby zedman » Mon May 18, 2015 12:22 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Looking at the scores in the paper and comparing them to the ladder, you wouldn't think it was that tight.

I think i read somewhere that Fitzroy had some shocking injuries on the weekend.

in the A grade i know they had a lot out before the game started..they copped some more in the B grade with one ambulance called and then got even more in the A grade..i am sure the result in our game is a bit of an aberration FC..also the bye makes things look a little bit different than what it is..a good look after round 9 will tell the best tale of what is going on in this division..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 18, 2015 12:27 pm

Zartan wrote:A Grade
10 - Lockleys Bye, ML(H), TOS(A). 14
10 - Smithfield WC(H), F(A), IF(H). 16
06 - West CryodonS(A), IF(A), BL(H). 8
06 - Trinity OS IF(H), BL(A), L(H). 8
06 - Ingle Farm[/b] TOS(A), WC(H), S(A). 8
-------------------------------
06 - Fitzroy CU(H), S(H), Bye. 8
04 - Brahma Lodge ML(A), TOS(H), WC(A). 8
00 - Mawson Lakes BL(H), L(A), CU(H). 2
00 - Central United F(A), Bye, ML(A). 0

Beginning to seriously tighten up in both grades - no side can afford to slip up.

Should be interesting at the half way point, percentage is going to play a major factor come the pointy end of the season.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 18, 2015 12:28 pm

zedman wrote:also the bye makes things look a little bit different than what it is.

The 'Bye' appears to be keeping sides closer together and making it very difficult for a side to break clear of the pack, combined with a slow starting Brahma who are beginning to find their straps makes for a very interesting 2nd half of the season.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 18, 2015 12:35 pm

Round 7
Fitzroy v Central United - As mentioned, seems Fitzroy have been hit hard by injuries this week. Missing Darren Francis on Saturday obviously hurt as well, if he doesn't play this weekend and players are missing due to injury then perhaps we may see the 1st serious upset of the season.

Mawson Lakes v Brahma Lodge - Mawson Lakes appear to be able to play 3 very competitive quarters each week, but cant quite manage to string together 4 quarters. Brahma fresh off the bye, were beginning to gain momentum before then - would want to come ready to play, or Mawson may well cause upset #2 for the round..

Smithfield v West Croydon - No one seems to be able to touch Smithfield, but this to me is the match of the round. Both sides match up quite well, have quick devastating outside run, both defend well and can be physical and both have forward lines capable of kicking big scores. Smithfield perhaps a bit more class around the ground and size up forward.

Trinity OS v Ingle Farm - Couple of heavy losses to TOS will make them dangerous at home and will want to bounce back. Ingle Farm appear to be very hot and cold this season, and their wins havent been convincing - they would want to win this match to be given any serious consideration this season.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 18, 2015 12:39 pm

Zartan wrote:Round 7
Fitzroy v Central United - As mentioned, seems Fitzroy have been hit hard by injuries this week. Missing Darren Francis on Saturday obviously hurt as well, if he doesn't play this weekend and players are missing due to injury then perhaps we may see the 1st serious upset of the season.

Mawson Lakes v Brahma Lodge - Mawson Lakes appear to be able to play 3 very competitive quarters each week, but cant quite manage to string together 4 quarters. Brahma fresh off the bye, were beginning to gain momentum before then - would want to come ready to play, or Mawson may well cause upset #2 for the round..

Smithfield v West Croydon - No one seems to be able to touch Smithfield, but this to me is the match of the round. Both sides match up quite well, have quick devastating outside run, both defend well and can be physical and both have forward lines capable of kicking big scores. Smithfield perhaps a bit more class around the ground and size up forward.

It's always tough to play at Mount Fitzroy but for memory the Units got up last year at massive odds, I'm tipping the Units by 25 pointd with the injury toll in the den, Brahma will account for Mawsons by 40 points and Smitty by 10 goals agains tthe hawks at home. I think Trinity will get up by 5 goals at home against the Farmers.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby morell » Mon May 18, 2015 12:39 pm

You know, this review seems awfully familiar....
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby cossi11 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Zartan wrote:Leading Goal Kickers:
A Grade
24 - Tim Aloisi (Brahma Lodge)
17 - Alex Cotter (TOS)
17 - Michael Ashby (Smithfield)
16 - Adam Moss (Smithfield)
16 - Cam McKinnon (West Croydon)

No surprise to see this bloke leading the pack. Do any sides have a player or players capable of stopping him? For his size he is very good over head and when the ball hits the ground he turns into Eddie Betts. All class and just knows where the goals are!
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Executive Member » Mon May 18, 2015 1:36 pm

cossi11 wrote:
A Grade
17 - Alex Cotter (TOS)

No surprise to see this bloke leading the pack. Do any sides have a player or players capable of stopping him? For his size he is very good over head and when the ball hits the ground he turns into Eddie Betts. All class and just knows where the goals are!

No need, he broke his hand doing a handballing drill, apparently first time he has handballed since U/8's 8)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon May 18, 2015 7:15 pm

Executive Member wrote:
cossi11 wrote:
A Grade
17 - Alex Cotter (TOS)

No need, he broke his hand doing a handballing drill, apparently first time he has handballed since U/8's 8)

Ben Smart stopped him in Rnd 1 from half way through the 2nd Qtr.
He ain't that good.
Just give a bloke the job.
King from Mawsons is a better footballer.
If that fella plays the full season he goes close to the medal.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby zedman » Mon May 18, 2015 7:36 pm

king is a real good player..our defender kept aloisi to one so we gave him the mug but I definitely respect his skills and you don't want him getting off the chain..
zedman
Coach

Postby cossi11 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:50 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
cossi11 wrote:
A Grade
17 - Alex Cotter (TOS)

He ain't that good.

He still managed to kick 4 goals, so he done his job that day in my books.
Surely he must be 'alright' since he is averaging just under 5 goals a game and is 7 goals out in front of the pack already??
From my playing days with him he was strong over head so could compete well in a marking contest and then just had great awareness around the goals. I remember some games he may have only got 5 or 6 kicks for the day but it was generally 5 or 6 goals.
Should win the goal kicking comfortably in my opinion..
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby carey » Mon May 18, 2015 10:33 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
cossi11 wrote:
A Grade
17 - Alex Cotter (TOS)

He ain't that good.

Didn't realise this was the comedy thread.....
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Mon May 18, 2015 10:47 pm

No need, he broke his hand doing a handballing drill, apparently first time he has handballed since U/8's 8)[/quote]
He ain't that good.

If that fella plays the full season he goes close to the medal.[/quote]
Surely he must be 'alright' since he is averaging just under 5 goals a game and is 7 goals out in front of the pack already??
From my playing days with him he was strong over head so could compete well in a marking contest and then just had great awareness around the goals. I remember some games he may have only got 5 or 6 kicks for the day but it was generally 5 or 6 goals.
Should win the goal kicking comfortably in my opinion..[/quote]

Another player returning to the side in a few weeks that will hopefully help him out up forward and ensure he wins the goal kicking and goes close to 100
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Computer Crashed » Tue May 19, 2015 3:42 am

Funny how people forget how it gets into the forward lines.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby Computer Crashed » Tue May 19, 2015 4:24 am

lovetotalkfooty wrote:No need, he broke his hand doing a handballing drill, apparently first time he has handballed since U/8's 8)

He ain't that good.

If that fella plays the full season he goes close to the medal.[/quote]
Should win the goal kicking comfortably in my opinion..[/quote]

Another player returning to the side in a few weeks that will hopefully help him out up forward and ensure he wins the goal kicking and goes close to 100[/quote]

Yeh he kicked 4 but only 1 once someone got the job from HT.
He's a good player and has excellent recovery once it hits the deck no doubt about it.
Given too much space he gets goals.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue May 19, 2015 10:22 am

Tim Aloisi gets the ball simple as that he is switched on has pace but can be ran down he is a dangerous forward line player

i rate Ashby more he has the skill to destroy div 6 can play midfield or forward lines either way take a decent player to shut both down and still would struggle
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 19, 2015 11:09 am

Robb_Stark wrote:Tim Aloisi gets the ball simple as that he is switched on has pace but can be ran down he is a dangerous forward line player

i rate Ashby more he has the skill to destroy div 6 can play midfield or forward lines either way take a decent player to shut both down and still would struggle

I'm with you medieval one, now Webber has left Smithfield I can see Ashby kicking some big bags now and taking the comp by the scruff of the neck.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby zedman » Tue May 19, 2015 11:58 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:Tim Aloisi gets the ball simple as that he is switched on has pace but can be ran down he is a dangerous forward line player

I'm with you medieval one, now Webber has left Smithfield I can see Ashby kicking some big bags now and taking the comp by the scruff of the neck.

i look at it like this..one less to worry about in the SFC forward line and ashby now gets the best or second best defender depending on how matthews and moss are going.. :)
zedman
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue May 19, 2015 12:09 pm

zedman wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

i look at it like this..one less to worry about in the SFC forward line and ashby now gets the best or second best defender depending on how matthews and moss are going.. :)

jamie lane has come in nicely, kicked 8 goals in 2 weeks i believe
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 19, 2015 12:46 pm

marbles wrote:
jamie lane has come in nicely, kicked 8 goals in 2 weeks i believe

Jamie's hard to match up on, has a strong one grab mark, accurate kick and can hold his opponent out with his body to free his arms up.

I think Smithfield's forward line functions better without Webber, they have plenty of running, scoring options and Lane to kick to up in the square if they need to bomb it in long in a hurry.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League