AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 11, 2015 9:34 pm

Great discussion tonight with Buckley and Roos. Talking about goal kicking and maligned players in watts Cloke and white, and Mitch Clark.

My favourite show on TV at the minute.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby carey » Tue May 12, 2015 9:05 am

bennymacca wrote:Great discussion tonight with Buckley and Roos. Talking about goal kicking and maligned players in watts Cloke and white, and Mitch Clark.

I 100% Agree with everything Roos said about the social media crap.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby JK » Tue May 12, 2015 9:23 am

bennymacca wrote:Great discussion tonight with Buckley and Roos. Talking about goal kicking and maligned players in watts Cloke and white, and Mitch Clark.

I missed the section with the coaches, but 360 is awesome, my favourite footy show easily
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby bennymacca » Tue May 12, 2015 9:24 am

carey wrote:

Forums are a form of social media too :)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby carey » Tue May 12, 2015 9:28 am

bennymacca wrote:
carey wrote:

LOL Well played. I knew that would've come up but, Roos was talking about things like "I'm having a coffee" or taking photos of your tea and posting them or dickheads who post things like "I am hungry" Here's an idea instead of posting that make a F@@king sandwich you wankers!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby marbles » Tue May 12, 2015 9:46 am

anywhere online to watch afl 360, or are u talking about footy classified (buckley)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:47 am

carey wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
carey wrote:

LOL Well played. I knew that would've come up but, Roos was talking about things like "I'm having a coffee" or taking photos of your tea and posting them or dickheads who post things like "I am hungry" Here's an idea instead of posting that make a F@@king sandwich you wankers!

and then take a photo and post it
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue May 12, 2015 9:53 am

marbles wrote:

anywhere online to watch afl 360, or are u talking about footy classified (buckley)

Maybe clips on the fox sports website?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue May 12, 2015 9:57 am

carey wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
carey wrote:

It just depends on context. People posting genuinely interesting things in their lives (even if that is food) then social media is good.

BUT that too often turns into attention seeking behaviour which shits me up the wall and I always unfollow those people.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue May 12, 2015 10:00 am

bennymacca wrote:
marbles wrote:

Maybe clips on the fox sports website?

ahh beautiful. thanks benny

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?vc=208
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue May 19, 2015 11:35 am

On the couch last night, Anyone else hear jonothan brown talking about concussions and nick Riewoldt last night?

Was really interesting. And quite scary when he was saying he would still have memory loss and unsteady balance 10 days later.

Wonder if this could bring a premature end to riewoldts career?

Just on Brown, clearly the best commentator going around. His forthright personality means he doesn't pull any punches but he also knows what it's like to be on the relieving end of media crap so he doesn't deal In Hyperbole either.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby JK » Tue May 19, 2015 11:56 am

bennymacca wrote:On the couch last night, Anyone else hear jonothan brown talking about concussions and nick Riewoldt last night?

Was really interesting. And quite scary when he was saying he would still have memory loss and unsteady balance 10 days later.

Just on Brown, clearly the best commentator going around. His forthright personality means he doesn't pull any punches but he also knows what it's like to be on the relieving end of media crap so he doesn't deal In Hyperbole either.

I reckon in some circles he gets unfairly pigeon-holed because of his Ocker speech, but if people bother to look/listen past that he offers plenty of great insight and perspective.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue May 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Yeah he sounds like a mans man who couldn't string a sentence together, then you actually listen to him speak and he is very articulate and on point with basically everything he says.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue May 19, 2015 12:26 pm

bennymacca wrote:On the couch last night, Anyone else hear jonothan brown talking about concussions and nick Riewoldt last night?

When they showed the footage of about 7 sickening hits to the head he has had in the last 4 years, that footage will quickly hit home to his wife and family
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 19, 2015 12:31 pm

JK wrote:
I reckon in some circles he gets unfairly pigeon-holed because of his Ocker speech, but if people bother to look/listen past that he offers plenty of great insight and perspective.

If there's anyone in the football cirlces that I could choose to go and have a few beers with and talk footy dribble, it would be Browny, I love listening to what he has to offer, he's got the biggest heart out of anyone that has ever graced the footy field and doesn't beat around the bush with what he's thinking.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue May 19, 2015 12:49 pm

Blighty and Andrew McLeod would be my first choices, but I think I am biased :)

Browny would definitely be up there though.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby MJ_23 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:04 pm

Totally agree.

It is quite scary when you look at those incidents and hearing someone like J Brown speaking about it.
MJ_23
Under 16s

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 19, 2015 1:04 pm

bennymacca wrote:Blighty and Andrew McLeod would be my first choices, but I think I am biased :)

Blighty reigns supreme in my eyes, I've had the privilege of chatting with him as an avid Woodville supporter when I was a young lad.

I used to wait around after the games and he'd let me in the change rooms to chat with the players, I remember watching Andrew Taylor getting interviewed on TV while he was standing there only wearing a polo shirt, he was a very funny man.
Richard Champion was a young lad, Andrew Rogers was amongst that team and then there would be Kevin Harris and Blighty discussing the days game over a durry in the corner of the room.
Blighty was a blokes bloke.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby JK » Tue May 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Blighty and Andrew McLeod would be my first choices, but I think I am biased :)

Blighty reigns supreme in my eyes, I've had the privilege of chatting with him as an avid Woodville supporter when I was a young lad.

I used to wait around after the games and he'd let me in the change rooms to chat with the players, I remember watching Andrew Taylor getting interviewed on TV while he was standing there only wearing a polo shirt, he was a very funny man.
Richard Champion was a young lad, Andrew Rogers was amongst that team and then there would be Kevin Harris and Blighty discussing the days game over a durry in the corner of the room.
Blighty was a blokes bloke.

My brother-in-law had a role at the Eagles, so these blokes were always over for parties. I don't think one went by where Taylor and Lukosious (sp?) didn't think it was a great idea to strip down and share a spa at some stage. Very funny bastards!!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue May 19, 2015 1:18 pm

Never mind Nick Riewoldt. You should be worrying about Brodie Smith. He's had two concussions this season and the one with Riewoldt showed a Justin Koschitzke like level of awareness. If the Crows have any sense at all they'll give Brodie a decent spell. You can't back him to get through a game these days and he hasn't been the same since Varcoe clipped him with his knee. I reckon a head knock has slowed down Luke Parker for a while and Sloane didn't back up that well either before he copped his latest injury.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL