29%
Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 21, 2015 10:55 am

no_remorse28 wrote:Is it true that Ingle Farm are having a crisis meeting tonight at training and might be closing the doors on the club coz they can't meet the list of expectations handed down from the league?

F*ck off dont be stupid
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:57 am

Zartan wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:Is it true that Ingle Farm are having a crisis meeting tonight at training and might be closing the doors on the club coz they can't meet the list of expectations handed down from the league?

F*ck off dont be stupid

Lol where's the fishing emoji when you need it ;)
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby morell » Thu May 21, 2015 11:02 am

You're all missing the point.

If someone goes on a Facebook rant, their employer or in this case, club, has every right to quote a violation of policy and remove that person from their organisation should they see fit - or find some other consequence.

What I am saying cannot happen, is the league, or police, or government, or some other authority, punishing that organisation or club, for the individual's rant - particularly when that individual is not acting in an official capacity or representing that club.

Of course, and as I said, I am assuming this ruling for Ingle Farm is related to their official club social media accounts, not private individuals.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 21, 2015 11:14 am

morell wrote:I am assuming this ruling for Ingle Farm is related to their official club social media accounts, not private individuals.

Pretty sure it's for anyone involved in the club - for instance if I decided to unload a tirade of abuse towards the SAAFL over this matter on either here or FB, that would most likely come under that umbrella.

For what it's worth though, the club has asked members not to discuss it, and have had admin on top of it making sure any comments etc that are negative or not helpful in anyway are deleted straight away .

IF FB.JPG
IF FB.JPG (57.08 KiB) Viewed 2645 times
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 21, 2015 11:18 am

*cough, cough* ... anyway... moving on...

How's that local football team? 8) :lol:

What's the game of the round this week?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Thu May 21, 2015 11:25 am

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:I am assuming this ruling for Ingle Farm is related to their official club social media accounts, not private individuals.

Pretty sure it's for anyone involved in the club - for instance if I decided to unload a tirade of abuse towards the SAAFL over this matter on either here or FB, that would most likely come under that umbrella.
Ridiculous and if you guys wanted to fight it, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Punishing an employer or club because of an individual's actions when they're not representing that club is hilariously misguided.

Ingle Farm can of course have that policy, and I commend them to enforce it, but the league has no business trying to regulate or control people's private social media accounts, no matter how scurrilous.

Unless of course they encroach into the legal definition of defamation.

Zartan wrote:For what it's worth though, the club has asked members not to discuss it, and have had admin on top of it making sure any comments etc that are negative or not helpful in anyway are deleted straight away .

Zartan wrote:
IF FB.JPG
Yeah understand, and its probably smart from Ingle Farm. As that is the Ingle Farm FB page, it should and absolutely does fall under that umbrella. Comments included.

Doesn't mean we can't criticise that ruling though.
morell
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu May 21, 2015 11:37 am

morell wrote:
Of course, and as I said, I am assuming this ruling for Ingle Farm is related to their official club social media accounts, not private individuals.

Actually, this ruling is for all clubs on any social media platforms, like this one for instance.

Including Mitchell Park 8)

Geddit? ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 21, 2015 11:40 am

The ruling has been there for some time, Smithfield's A's & B's lost points for misdemeanors from their 18's last season and the SAAFL has issued Ingle Farm with similar sanctions should they have any more blemishes within their club.

Whether you like Ingle Farm or not, it's something that their committee is going to have to nut out and for their members to comply with the set guidelines, the rules wont change, the sanctions wont be lifted, it's all about the IFFC players and members showing pride in their club and keeping their noses clean.

They aren't the first club in this predicament and they sure as hell wont be the last, I wish them well and I'm sure they have enough passionate influential people around the place to get back to building on the foundations that they have laid recently.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter how much good you do over a prolonged amount of time, you root one sheep and the whole town knows about it and you're back to square one.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 21, 2015 11:43 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Unfortunately it doesn't matter how much good you do over a prolonged amount of time, you root one sheep and the whole town knows about it and you're back to square one.

You been spending too much time in the D7 thread - you're now including sheep in your analogies :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Thu May 21, 2015 11:46 am

I think all games this weekend are interesting in their own way..

ML v BL. Brahma on the up, Mawsons have played patches of good footy, Brahma should win but no certainty

Fitzroy v CU. Fitzroy ravaged by injury, CU could sniff an upset

Smitty v WC. 2 sides who run hard forward, very damaging sides, who wins control of the footy in the middle probably wins this

Trinity v IF. Zartan's boy Cotter on fire with 17 from 3 games, im sure they will put a lot of time into him, but can he be stopped in this form? Both sides need the win so should be a cracker.. Also a chance that Fraser back in, and we know what that means for Trinity thus far this season..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 21, 2015 11:51 am

Let's talk some footy!!!!

A Grade
10 - Lockleys
10 - Smithfield
06 - West Cryodon
06 - Trinity OS
06 - Ingle Farm
-------------------------------
06 - Fitzroy
04 - Brahma Lodge
00 - Mawson Lakes
00 - Central United

ROUND 7
Fitzroy vs Central United: The Roys are injury ravaged and the Units have a good record at Mt. Fitzroy, I'm tipping the upset here.
Mawson Lakes vs Brahma Lodge: The Lodge have the long trek down Main North Road passing through 4 sets of traffic lights to take on the winless but competitive Mawson Lakes, I think the tigers will be too strong as they are starting to put back the pieces of their season after a poor start.
Smithfield vs West Croydon: It's been a long time since these two teams met each other after some epic battles in the early 2000's, Smithfield at home will continue on their merry way I'd imagine.
Trinity vs Ingle Farm: Probably match of the round, Trinity will want to get back on track after back to back away losses against two teams that one would think will see deep September action, I think the home side will record the win to push them back up to 3rd place.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 21, 2015 11:52 am

Zartan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Unfortunately it doesn't matter how much good you do over a prolonged amount of time, you root one sheep and the whole town knows about it and you're back to square one.

You been spending too much time in the D7 thread - you're now including sheep in your analogies :lol:

I'm wearing my woolen jumper, sorry.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 21, 2015 11:53 am

human_torpedo wrote:I think all games this weekend are interesting in their own way..

ML v BL. Brahma on the up, Mawsons have played patches of good footy, Brahma should win but no certainty

Smitty v WC. 2 sides who run hard forward, very damaging sides, who wins control of the footy in the middle probably wins this

Trinity v IF. Zartan's boy Cotter on fire with 17 from 3 games, im sure they will put a lot of time into him, but can he be stopped in this form? Both sides need the win so should be a cracker.. Also a chance that Fraser back in, and we know what that means for Trinity thus far this season..

LOL
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Thu May 21, 2015 11:55 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:I think all games this weekend are interesting in their own way..

LOL

not sure that's worth a capital letter lol but thanks anyway
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 21, 2015 11:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The Lodge have the long trek down Main North Road passing through 4 sets of traffic lights to take on the winless but competitive Mawson Lakes.

Did anyone else just count the sets of traffic lights in their head when reading this? :lol: :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Thu May 21, 2015 12:09 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
morell wrote:

Actually, this ruling is for all clubs on any social media platforms, like this one for instance.

Including Mitchell Park 8)

Geddit? ;)
Oh for goodness sake. I can't believe this is even an argument or that people are trying to defend it.

The SAAFL cannot punish a club for the content of an individual's social media. It's that simple.

Just like my employer and football club has no responsibility if I get a speeding fine, or punch someone, or break any other number of innumerate policies, rules and laws in my own time - UNLESS I am acting on behalf of my employer or organisation.

Think about it for second - they're effectively saying the Football Club is responsible for their players private lives, at all times, under all circumstances.

What they should have said:

1. Any registered Ingle Farm player which brings the SAAFL into disrepute by posting on Social Media will be deregistered by the Executive Committee at their discretion.

2. Any Social Media content which is administered by the club that brings the SAAFL into disrepute will result in a loss of points for all teams.

Anyway. back to footy. As clearly that's more interesting.
Last edited by morell on Thu May 21, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Postby jo172 » Thu May 21, 2015 12:19 pm

What if the Chairman/President of the Club was slagging off the league/executive/tribunal on social media?

(like you know, what actually happened ...)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby morell » Thu May 21, 2015 12:20 pm

jo172 wrote:What if the Chairman/President of the Club was slagging off the league/executive/tribunal on social media?

UNLESS I am acting on behalf of my employer or organisation in an official capacity.
Last edited by morell on Thu May 21, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 21, 2015 12:27 pm

jo172 wrote:What if the Chairman/President of the Club was slagging off the league/executive/tribunal on social media?

Are you saying that this occured? :? If so you must have better detective skills than me, I can not recall seeing anything of the sort from the Chairman/President.. :shock:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Thu May 21, 2015 12:31 pm

Think he could have been referring to any number of situations Zartan.

Even in that scenario, I'd argue very strongly that provided it was not legally defamatory, that person should be able to say whatever the heck they like on their own social media account.

The club can of course remove that person from their official capacity if they think that person has violated their policy.

Think of the relationships:

Person - Club
Club - League
Person - - League
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League