Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Postby test » Thu May 21, 2015 11:49 am

Bag & Sledge wrote:
one day I will wrote:Bute at the moment just cant seem to put 4 quarters together. Very competitive against kadina for 3 quarters and same with moonta and cougars just seems to be last quarter fade outs. Lacks a bit of mental strength.

Are you delusional?
'Competitive' against Kadina but lost by 52 points?

Yeah way off the money regarding Bute, they were ordinary on the weekend, they dont lack mental strength they lack enough quality players.
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby test » Thu May 21, 2015 11:51 am

Dogs Breakfast wrote:Any news in the rumours that Kadina are already looking for a new coach and that the current coach probably wont see out the season?

Hope its not true, the club just need to back "The Kid" and get used to his brash style, maybe he needs to pull the guernsey on and show the club what he's really made of.
test
League Bench Warmer

Postby Nocyrils » Thu May 21, 2015 7:30 pm

carey wrote:
On The Chest wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
Dogs Breakfast wrote:Any news in the rumours that Kadina are already looking for a new coach and that the current coach probably wont see out the season?

Not surprised

Haven't heard the coach is leaving. All I've heard is that the players don't like him and it's caused a bit of a rift. They are still winning games though.

Craig Taylor is 2 weeks away from playing and will be a playing coach.

Hahaha Taylor won't be back this year. Torn acl he not rushing it. Wouldnt hurt to give his body a rest. To prepare for player coach hahaha
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby On The Chest » Fri May 22, 2015 5:14 am

test wrote:

Hope its not true, the club just need to back "The Kid" and get used to his brash style, maybe he needs to pull the guernsey on and show the club what he's really made of.

Spoke with a player about this. Apparently a committee meeting was held about 2 weeks ago re concerns about the players/coach relationship and results. As Kadina have won their last 2 games, it has now been decided to keep going with the coach for this season.
Re his brash style, I think it is more of him pumping his own tyres up about who he knows, what he can get for the club and making promises about doing things and then not coming forward with the goods. Players, especially in country towns can certainly read between the lines when coaches do these things.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Woofa » Fri May 22, 2015 8:23 pm

On The Chest wrote:
test wrote:

Spoke with a player about this. Apparently a committee meeting was held about 2 weeks ago re concerns about the players/coach relationship and results. As Kadina have won their last 2 games, it has now been decided to keep going with the coach for this season.
Re his brash style, I think it is more of him pumping his own tyres up about who he knows, what he can get for the club and making promises about doing things and then not coming forward with the goods. Players, especially in country towns can certainly read between the lines when coaches do these things.

Didnt anyone at Kadina do any background checks on him before they appointed him?? No doubt if they had called some people in the APFL, then they probably wouldnt be in this position....No-one at Two Wells is surprised to hear what is happening.
Woofa
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby one day I will » Thu May 28, 2015 7:43 pm

Trust me im a car salesman!!
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby one day I will » Sun May 31, 2015 1:49 pm

Bag & Sledge wrote:
one day I will wrote:Bute at the moment just cant seem to put 4 quarters together. Very competitive against kadina for 3 quarters and same with moonta and cougars just seems to be last quarter fade outs. Lacks a bit of mental strength.

Are you delusional?

If u have a look they kicked about 8 goal in the last quarter.
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby Bag & Sledge » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:51 pm

one day I will wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:

Are you delusional?

8 must be the new 6 at Bute...
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times

Postby one day I will » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:05 am

Glad u made the time to find that out good work.
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:26 pm

Bag & Sledge wrote:
one day I will wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:

Are you delusional?

8 must be the new 6 at Bute...

So they were competitve for three quarters, including one quarter where they kicked 8 goals, or 6 goals, depending on who you ask, but still managed to loose by 52 points... :? :? I'm confused.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby one day I will » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:33 pm

Doesn't take much does it.
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby norm11 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:41 pm

Big Ivan has the Kadina boys up and about. Good to see. Good work big fella.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby one day I will » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:46 am

Anyone got the landmark cup team for sat?
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby countryfootyfan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:46 am

Heard this morning that all players that provided the league with a medical certificate to avoid playing in the inter league game wil still be receiving a 1 match suspension? Any truth to this?
countryfootyfan
Under 18s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Slowey » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:22 am

countryfootyfan wrote:Heard this morning that all players that provided the league with a medical certificate to avoid playing in the inter league game wil still be receiving a 1 match suspension? Any truth to this?

The league would want to think long and hard about this outcome – I am not sure this wouldn’t end in court at some point.
You are not even able to dismiss someone from work these days if they have a doctors certificate.

At the end of the day play players that want to play and move on – Each and every year this comes up and more often than not the better players don’t want to play.

Every time I hear of a player being suspended due to not playing representative games I honestly roll my eyes. It’s pathetic.

AFL don’t have state of Origin anymore – Maybe we look at having something every 2 to 4 years instead of every year than just maybe you might find players might want to be apart of it,
What the league must understand is that alot of country footballers play sport all year round. When a weekend opens up that they can get away with family or friends how on earth can we hold that previlage against there will simply because they do not want to play in a representative game.
Slowey

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:12 am

Don't know why it's the league's fault. Do the clubs decide on the rules of their league? Do the players sign contracts which include making themselves available for rep games?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby test » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:16 am

Slowey wrote:
countryfootyfan wrote:Heard this morning that all players that provided the league with a medical certificate to avoid playing in the inter league game wil still be receiving a 1 match suspension? Any truth to this?

The league would want to think long and hard about this outcome – I am not sure this wouldn’t end in court at some point.
You are not even able to dismiss someone from work these days if they have a doctors certificate.

At the end of the day play players that want to play and move on – Each and every year this comes up and more often than not the better players don’t want to play.

Every time I hear of a player being suspended due to not playing representative games I honestly roll my eyes. It’s pathetic.

AFL don’t have state of Origin anymore – Maybe we look at having something every 2 to 4 years instead of every year than just maybe you might find players might want to be apart of it,
What the league must understand is that alot of country footballers play sport all year round. When a weekend opens up that they can get away with family or friends how on earth can we hold that previlage against there will simply because they do not want to play in a representative game.

Or make it an under 23 or under 21 game, why would half these guys, 30+, that have played league football want to prove themselves in 20 minute games against other country leagues? An under age format gives local guys that havent had the expose in the SANFL system a chance to stand out against their peers. Even guys that havent played league footy, Willy Searle for instance has kicked 4000 goals and won premierships for Kadina why would he care if he gets a kick in a round robin nothing game?
How many people were at the games? Any one other then the leagues committees and players partners that will check out their men in shorts at any opportunity?
test
League Bench Warmer

Postby barrys antz » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:23 pm

so now with the landmark cup done, any word on the zone invites. whos been selected to train
barrys antz
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby Slowey » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:49 am

Mr Beefy wrote:Don't know why it's the league's fault. Do the clubs decide on the rules of their league? Do the players sign contracts which include making themselves available for rep games?

No you are right Beefy of coarse it's the players fault. :)
Slowey

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy