HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby youngpace » Sun May 24, 2015 1:27 pm

Legs Man wrote:
flanker wrote:
running defender wrote:Yes a big over reaction from that umpire , he should've fixed the mistake first then this would've happened. This same umpire seen No 9 from Mt lofty strike Peter Lindsay award him a free kick but no report.
Isn't striking someone a reportable offense? Plenty of niggle in the match, with Echunga showing them who's boss.

Lindsay hit him in the nuts first hence the reaction, who knows what the umpire saw though, a strike is a strike at the end of the day. A fun night at the tribunal ahead for the bloke in the Echunga B Grade who was reported twice for two different send off incidents!

Anyway with Echunga and Lofty splitting the relegation points during the day and Ironbank getting some junior wins, it spells more trouble for Onkas who will now be well behind on the table after being swept by the Maggies. Big challenge ahead of them!

Anyone got the current relegation standings - it's nearly as important as winning a flag knowing Nairne and Bridgey are both keen to gain promotion.

I am of the belief that either team to play in the GF can apply for promotion. With the premier having first option and should they decline and ownly then the runner up could be promoted. Can anyone clarify?
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Toppa Sheedy » Sun May 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Legs Man wrote:
flanker wrote:
Legs Man wrote:
Didn't know a red card could be given for anything verbal - without attracting a yellow first.
Does anyone know the rule here?
Pretty severe penalty if it also means a 1 match suspension too.
Don't know what was said so can't comment on that.
Did see the blatant error made by the goal umpire which attracted the player reaction( which gifted Mt Lofty a goal when the kick was actually off the Echunga players leg) - looked like the players on both sides saw the mistake.

Yeah I think both sides were a bit miffed at what happened! What he reportedly said didn't warrant a card (from a Mt Lofty player) so think a bit of an over-reaction, but I know there's a big effort to clamp down on ump abuse so maybe the cause. Shame if he ends up missing a game for it as nothing in it from all reports.

Could understand a yellow card as it's a hot topic with the umps - but a red is extreme and really penalises heavily.
The field umpire should get a week too for letting the mistake occur which he saw and didn't correct. ( everyone saw it - so I reckon he would have )
Perhaps that might have exacerbated the situation hence the over reaction.

Cranna is one of the biggest sooks in the HFL & constantly argues with the umpires. They were probably fed up with it.
Toppa Sheedy
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Legs Man » Sun May 24, 2015 6:55 pm

Toppa Sheedy wrote:
Legs Man wrote:
flanker wrote:
Legs Man wrote:
Didn't know a red card could be given for anything verbal - without attracting a yellow first.
Does anyone know the rule here?
Pretty severe penalty if it also means a 1 match suspension too.
Don't know what was said so can't comment on that.
Did see the blatant error made by the goal umpire which attracted the player reaction( which gifted Mt Lofty a goal when the kick was actually off the Echunga players leg) - looked like the players on both sides saw the mistake.

Yeah I think both sides were a bit miffed at what happened! What he reportedly said didn't warrant a card (from a Mt Lofty player) so think a bit of an over-reaction, but I know there's a big effort to clamp down on ump abuse so maybe the cause. Shame if he ends up missing a game for it as nothing in it from all reports.

Could understand a yellow card as it's a hot topic with the umps - but a red is extreme and really penalises heavily.
The field umpire should get a week too for letting the mistake occur which he saw and didn't correct. ( everyone saw it - so I reckon he would have )
Perhaps that might have exacerbated the situation hence the over reaction.

Cranna is one of the biggest sooks in the HFL & constantly argues with the umpires. They were probably fed up with it.

Regardless it shouldn't cost him a match - and I have also been told what he said - which was not worthy of a red card ( yellow at most - nothing crude or racist said just reference to the wrong decision / mistake )

And either Div 2 grand finalists can apply for promotion with the premier given first option ( only 1 can be promoted )

Should be another good round coming up - looking forward to BB's preview already - which is head and shoulders above the budget.

Wouldn't write off Onkas yet as they are improving plus the addition of Grocke will be massive for them.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon May 25, 2015 10:52 am

cracka wrote:Someone from outside the HFL will update it for you soon no doubt. :D

As you wish:

Relegation table: (pos. change)
Hahndorf - 128 (-)
Blackwood - 116 (-)
Uraidla Districts - 106 (-)
Lobethal - 84 (-)
Mount Barker - 77 (-)
Torrens Valley - 75 (-)
Mount Lofty District - 70 (-)
Ironbank-Cherry Gardens - 63 (-)
Echunga - 55 (-)
Onkaparinga Valley - 31 (-)
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby batmanbegins » Mon May 25, 2015 12:01 pm

Onkas will get much better in the second half of the year, similar to TV last year but they may be to far behind already.
Anyway back to the games, was a really good game at IB on Saturday with us fighting back and taking the lead early in the 4th before 2 quick goals to ebert and Oakley gave Uris a 1 goal lead they would hold onto before kicking the sealer late in the game. Uris are just a massive side, I'm still interested to see how they go against echunga on a big deck on a dry day but there still one of the teams to beat. Huge test for them against TV also this weekend. Can't wait for Saturday legs man going to be a big test against your lads but were excited for the challenge to see where we are at. I'll be back later in the week for my tips.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby lovethefooty » Mon May 25, 2015 2:14 pm

good call batmanbegins.
when I saw Uraidla I thought they were very strong too...
do you think Echunga are the only team that could challenge them on a fine day on a big deck??
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby batmanbegins » Mon May 25, 2015 11:33 pm

lovethefooty wrote:good call batmanbegins.
when I saw Uraidla I thought they were very strong too...
do you think Echunga are the only team that could challenge them on a fine day on a big deck??

I didn't get to see TV but I heard they may, plus they may have the only forward line that will trouble Uris impenetrable defense. Lobe are also a chance with their speed and have troubled Uris in years gone. Hahndorf May but think uri have a bit much class for them. Going to be fascinating to see anyway, plenty of good sides this year.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby lovethefooty » Tue May 26, 2015 8:49 am

I agree bmb.....torrens valley's forwards are definitely going to test anyone if they can stay sound.
Lobethal's best is pretty good, but at the moment look a little inconsistent.
Hahndorf also seem be able to challenge, but they still have to prove they can do it under pressure consistently.
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby Panther32 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:01 pm

Got out to the Mt Lofty v Echunga game on the weekend and after a tough first half, Echunga destroyed Lofty in the second half.
Paul Lindsay is a class act and Harland was awesome up forward.
I think the key to Echunga will be Carey, that bloke is Mr Fixit, he can play just about any position.
Saw him first hand play against CHB and just shut players down, but not only that he gives so much coming out of the backline.
Has great hands so can play up forward and after watching the weekend's game, when Cranna went off Carey came in and not only gave his mids first look but was an extra rover out there for them.
Will definitely have to get out and watch Uraidla play to be able to compare.
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby lovethefooty » Wed May 27, 2015 3:05 pm

I agree panther. luke carey is a very good footballer, and makes a significant difference to Echunga when he is available.
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby batmanbegins » Thu May 28, 2015 12:04 pm

Another big round coming up, tips as followed;

Onkas V Blackwood- The woodies had a big win over Lobethal last week, which sets them up nicely with 2 games they should win over the next 2 games. Onkas on the other hand are coming of their worst loss of the year against the Magpies and are still searching for their first win. In a bonus for the dogs Bricknell and Dundovic will still be out but the dogs have so many injuries and outs themselves that ive lost count. Jones did a fantastic shutting down job on Wills last week and may get another big job this week, whilst Thompson has been a great addition down back for the Woods. Atkinson and Ridley have been big Ins over the past few weeks and give them some extra class as well. The Dogs youngsters are trying but they rely to much on Tanner, klun and Mcgoo still, however it was good to see talented youngster Adcock play a good one last weekend. Dogs will be more competitive than last week but will lose by 5 goals.
Echunga V Bankers- Big game for both sides as the Bankers dont want to go 3 and 5, whilst the Dees dont want to fall back to the pack. Cranna and Carey are to key outs for the Dees as the Bankers dont have a ruckman or anyone good enough to combat that duo, whilst we are basically at full strength so we wont have a better chance to challenge echunga. The top 5 or 6 of the dees are just flat out quality with lindsay, Jennings, Aish, Harland and guy in scintillating form, stopping a few of them is the key to controlling the game. Hitchcock for the thunderers has hit top form, whilst skipper muirden has been tough on the inside as always. If the bankers can stop the influence of the dees midfield they are a chance but that's easier said than done. Motlop and De Visser is a hard match up down back for anyone and the Dees will put a lot of effort in controlling their impact. In a close affair the Dees will get up on their home ground by 2 goals.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Thu May 28, 2015 12:09 pm

batmanbegins wrote:Another big round coming up, tips as followed;

Onkas V Blackwood- The woodies had a big win over Lobethal last week, which sets them up nicely with 2 games they should win over the next 2 games. Onkas on the other hand are coming of their worst loss of the year against the Magpies and are still searching for their first win. In a bonus for the dogs Bricknell and Dundovic will still be out but the dogs have so many injuries and outs themselves that ive lost count. Jones did a fantastic shutting down job on Wills last week and may get another big job this week, whilst Thompson has been a great addition down back for the Woods. Atkinson and Ridley have been big Ins over the past few weeks and give them some extra class as well. The Dogs youngsters are trying but they rely to much on Tanner, klun and Mcgoo still, however it was good to see talented youngster Adcock play a good one last weekend. Dogs will be more competitive than last week but will lose by 5 goals.
Echunga V Bankers- Big game for both sides as the Bankers dont want to go 3 and 5, whilst the Dees dont want to fall back to the pack. Cranna and Carey are to key outs for the Dees as the Bankers dont have a ruckman or anyone good enough to combat that duo, whilst we are basically at full strength so we wont have a better chance to challenge echunga. The top 5 or 6 of the dees are just flat out quality with lindsay, Jennings, Aish, Harland and guy in scintillating form, stopping a few of them is the key to controlling the game. Hitchcock for the thunderers has hit top form, whilst skipper muirden has been tough on the inside as always. If the bankers can stop the influence of the dees midfield they are a chance but that's easier said than done. Motlop and De Visser is a hard match up down back for anyone and the Dees will put a lot of effort in controlling their impact. In a close affair the Dees will get up on their home ground by 2 goals.

Can anyone confirm, as I've been told that Grocke makes his debut for Onkas this week - is this correct ?
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby lovethefooty » Thu May 28, 2015 1:09 pm

good stuff bmb....what about the other three games?
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby Tanka » Thu May 28, 2015 1:30 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:Another big round coming up, tips as followed;

Can anyone confirm, as I've been told that Grocke makes his debut for Onkas this week - is this correct ?

This is correct
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby batmanbegins » Thu May 28, 2015 2:02 pm

Sorry lads had something to do, Grocke will be a massive in for Onka's and will make them much more competitive but i still think they will lose by a few goals.

Hahndorf V Lofty- Hahndorf's turn around this year has been incredible and they deserve a lot of credit, the Devs on the other hand are playing some inconsistent footy at the minute. Wittwer will be back at the crows this week after kicking a bag for the Dorf's last week but I'm not sure that will matter as the ever reliable duo of Paul and Purling continue to dominate, as well as the youngsters led by Tripodi and Roberts continue to get better and better. Roberts of the Luke variety will be excited to play against a team he has dominated previously also, For lofty Clements has been in great form up forward but still they rely on to few at the minute. Oheril will be looking for a big one against his old team in the ruck, but the Maggies have to much class in the middle and will run over the top of lofty by 6 goals.
Barker V Lobethal- Well Both teams are coming of bad losses last week but in particular Barker just appear to be a shell of the side from the past few years. Lobe must stop losing games they expect to win but with the way Barker are going it's hard to see them upsetting the tigers. Hughes is battling away in the middle for the Roos but appears to be doing to by himself, A-Z up forward was outstanding last week with 8 also and their young kids are impressive but probably not quite ready to win at A grade level. Lobe have the Jenkins boys playing great footy but most of their side need to play consistent footy and not pick and choose which weeks to play, Fisher is a great pick up and him and wills will kick bags this week as they will get plenty of supply from Lobes Midfield as they are far to good for a limited Barker at the minute. Lobe by 8 Goals.
Uris V TV- Game of the round, will be a cracker the best defence in Uris versus the best attack in the Lions. Having seen Uris last week they are impressive and just a bunch of massive men but the only team that can match them size wise is TV. Dont leave Ivens or Mclean lose in defence like we did in the first half as they will destroy you, also Down will be a bit to good for watchel in the ruck giving first use to Delvins and Co which is the only way you can really stop the giant trio of TV's forward line. Uri's team defense is exceptional and they are so good at stopping teams scoring that it may frustrate TV. Renshaw will be key down back as TV may struggle to match up on Oakley and Ebert. If TV want to win they must get on top in the middle which i think they can but I cant see them beating Uris but I'm happy to be proven wrong. Uris by 2 goals in a great game.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby Kick'n Back » Fri May 29, 2015 6:01 pm

Has the association team squad been announced yet
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby chopper7 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:04 pm

Kick'n Back wrote:Has the association team squad been announced yet

Division 1 been cancelled because of lack of support from players and clubs. Attendance over the 2 nights last week were 3 Lobethal, 3 Uri, 3 Mt Barker 1 Mt Lofty and 1 Onkas.

Extremely disappointed from other players and clubs, must of you could work out which people these are.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby cracka » Sat May 30, 2015 6:19 am

chopper7 wrote:

Division 1 been cancelled because of lack of support from players and clubs. Attendance over the 2 nights last week were 3 Lobethal, 3 Uri, 3 Mt Barker 1 Mt Lofty and 1 Onkas.

Extremely disappointed from other players and clubs, must of you could work out which people these are.

Faaark. Wonder what the board will do about this, as they are really the only ones wanting the association games.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Kick'n Back » Sat May 30, 2015 7:15 am

cracka wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

Faaark. Wonder what the board will do about this, as they are really the only ones wanting the association games.

Has anyone seen the list of names selected in the squad
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby chopper7 » Sat May 30, 2015 8:47 am

Kick'n Back wrote:
cracka wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

Has anyone seen the list of names selected in the squad

Was in the budget last week, there was about 40 names written down. No support from TV, Echunga or Hahndorf. With one player even asking if he would get paid.
I think after the success of last years game at Murray Bridge that there definitely is a place for interleague football. My bet is now the league will put it suspensions for those not making themselves available because of this years efforts from some players.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy