A North player (Jackson) is an out for our reserves, reason: Power Acadamy
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby TimmiesChin » Fri May 29, 2015 12:43 pm

Wedgie wrote:A North player (Jackson) is an out for our reserves, reason: Power Acadamy

I assume you mean the aboriginal academy side playing in the NT. In which case many would see it as a wonderful opportunity for the indigenous lads to play together. (there's a further 3 out of the U18s)
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby wild dog » Fri May 29, 2015 12:59 pm

TimmiesChin wrote:
Wedgie wrote:A North player (Jackson) is an out for our reserves, reason: Power Acadamy

I assume you mean the aboriginal academy side playing in the NT. In which case many would see it as a wonderful opportunity for the indigenous lads to play together. (there's a further 3 out of the U18s)

Yes its a wonderful opportunity. I'm a bit torn on this one, no it should not be branded by a franchise but Port do have a very good indigenous following therefore some justification. If we could get rid of the reserves issue, probably there would be a stronger emphasis on the positives which is a national priority. No matter, good luck to the lads.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Booney » Fri May 29, 2015 1:14 pm

TimmiesChin wrote:

Facts > In the way of an anti-Port rant.....( get used to it ) ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri May 29, 2015 5:42 pm

But the match in the NT isnt even a curtain raiser to the Dees v Power
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Fri May 29, 2015 6:34 pm

Booney wrote:While SANFL match attendances can be impacted on by on-field AFL success, Port Adelaide has nevertheless decided to enhance Alberton Oval game days for its final five home matches, starting this Sunday against Glenelg.

The website actually says this....

Ah, gotcha. Makes more sense without 'Oval' at the end!
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 29, 2015 6:45 pm

TimmiesChin wrote:
Booney wrote:While SANFL match attendances can be impacted on by on-field AFL success, Port Adelaide has nevertheless decided to enhance Alberton Oval game days for its final five home matches, starting this Sunday against Glenelg.

The website actually says this....

Yep, not sure how people can find negatives in Port trying to grow its SANFL crowds irrespective of how its AFL side is going. Would they prefer Port didn't try to get more people to SANFL games ?

Shouldn't be in the comp for starters, let them grow their crowd in the VFL if they wish
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Fri May 29, 2015 7:33 pm

Booney wrote:
TimmiesChin wrote:

How was my comment not a fact or a rant?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby johntheclaret » Sat May 30, 2015 4:12 am

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:
TimmiesChin wrote:

How was my comment not a fact or a rant?

Facts > over-defensive reply to anyone who uses the word "Port" in their post (insert obligatory smilie here)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby CENTURION » Sun May 31, 2015 9:39 am

Encouraging news! Spoke to CDFC board members yesterday, FINALLY the SANFL clubs have realised that the 2 AFL sides in the SANFL isn't working & moves are underway to have them removed, might not happen next year, more than likely the following.
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 31, 2015 9:59 am

CENTURION wrote:Encouraging news! Spoke to CDFC board members yesterday, FINALLY the SANFL clubs have realised that the 2 AFL sides in the SANFL isn't working & moves are underway to have them removed, might not happen next year, more than likely the following.

You **** beauty, cant wait
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sun May 31, 2015 10:06 am

CENTURION wrote:Encouraging news! Spoke to CDFC board members yesterday, FINALLY the SANFL clubs have realised that the 2 AFL sides in the SANFL isn't working & moves are underway to have them removed, might not happen next year, more than likely the following.

Hope it wasn't in a coffee shop.!

Believe it when I see it.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby CENTURION » Sun May 31, 2015 10:10 am

Bounce of the ball wrote:

Hope it wasn't in a coffee shop.!

Believe it when I see it.

nope, spoke to them at the CDFC yesterday.
CENTURION
Coach

Postby CENTURION » Sun May 31, 2015 10:11 am

and what do you have against coffee shops? That's where some of the best rumours are found! :D
CENTURION
Coach

Postby matt35 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:48 pm

Will start believing this when it starts coming from somewhere other than Centrals sources! Their position has been clear from the start and has been reinforced recently by Chris Grant, but we have heard nothing from any other clubs as yet. Not having a go at Centurion or saying there may not be rumblings, just making the point that so far all we have heard is coming from one club, which just happens to have been against the idea from the beginning.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby CENTURION » Sun May 31, 2015 1:35 pm

matt35 wrote:Will start believing this when it starts coming from somewhere other than Centrals sources! Their position has been clear from the start and has been reinforced recently by Chris Grant, but we have heard nothing from any other clubs as yet. Not having a go at Centurion or saying there may not be rumblings, just making the point that so far all we have heard is coming from one club, which just happens to have been against the idea from the beginning.

go and have a chat with your board members.
CENTURION
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Sun May 31, 2015 2:16 pm

If they do get kicked out, I wonder what possibility there is of the Power shedding the magpies, and forming a "true" power reserves in another competition. I think the Maggies would draw a larger crowd in the SANFL representing their true heritage than say the Power reserves would, playing in their power uniforms and playing in a rival competition.
My reasons are: 1: The large number of disaffected Magpies fans who held on to the last and no longer attend. They deserve their team back.
2: getting the zone alignment for sanfl teams correct, Torrens are currently out of zone owing to the vacuum caused by the power's entry.
3: I don't like seeing true sides disappear, if it were possible I'd like woodville back also.
4: Port magpies are an important part of our history in the SANFL. It would be good to have them back and leave those whingeing, self-serving, arrogant Power dick heads with a reserves side elsewhere so that they can diss on that organisation, wherever it might be, about how little they care for it and how important they think they are in comparison.
To be sure, we would survive without them, but better to reinvent a true magpies side imo and just get rid of the Power mob.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby heater31 » Sun May 31, 2015 3:08 pm

If the Power are kicked out of the league then there will only be 8 clubs in the SANFL, all of the Magpie junior zones have been carved up to other clubs...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby therisingblues » Sun May 31, 2015 3:21 pm

heater31 wrote:If the Power are kicked out of the league then there will only be 8 clubs in the SANFL, all of the Magpie junior zones have been carved up to other clubs...

That's what I meant by my second reason, it is very strange for WWT to be mostly located within Port's zone now. I think it has been reported on one of the threads that there appears to be a disconnect of culture between what WWT actually is and the area that they are now located. I actually see the rezoning of Port's area as a problem now. The reinstalment of a true Magpies side representing that area would restore WWT back to their heartland.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Mic » Sun May 31, 2015 4:04 pm

8-team comp. Each team plays the other 3 times. 21 rounds. Perfect.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL