Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Wed May 20, 2015 6:05 pm

#BringBackWayneSwan
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby stan » Wed May 20, 2015 8:52 pm

Q. wrote:#BringBackWayneSwan

Bring back Peter Costello.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Q. » Wed May 20, 2015 8:55 pm

stan wrote:

Nah, he failed miserably to capitalise on the mining boom. Would struggle big time in today's climate.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby shoe boy » Thu May 21, 2015 8:58 am

What has happened to my post? :-?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Bully » Thu May 21, 2015 4:02 pm

stan wrote:

agreed.
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu May 21, 2015 4:35 pm

How was Matt and Dave on 891 this morning, asking Abbott his thoughts on the Andrew Jarman debacle. I like their interviews and their style, but that was a joke this morning, trying to drag the PM into a localised media story in order to have a shot at the opposition. Ridiculous.
I'm not a fan of the media reporting on other media.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby stan » Mon May 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:How was Matt and Dave on 891 this morning, asking Abbott his thoughts on the Andrew Jarman debacle. I like their interviews and their style, but that was a joke this morning, trying to drag the PM into a localised media story in order to have a shot at the opposition. Ridiculous.
I'm not a fan of the media reporting on other media.

Never seems to end well. If you have the PM on your show there would be literally 100's of items to talk about.
stan
Coach

Postby Leaping Lindner » Mon May 25, 2015 9:16 pm

Not a great week for Tony's good mate and spiritual adviser. If you judge a man by the company he keeps Abbott is a **** :twisted:

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne ... commission
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby shoe boy » Tue May 26, 2015 8:32 am

Leaping Lindner wrote:Not a great week for Tony's good mate and spiritual adviser. If you judge a man by the company he keeps Abbott is a **** :twisted:

No surprise from the religious nut!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby stan » Tue May 26, 2015 9:38 am

Joe Hockey om Q&A last night. Got a roasting, did okish but some of his answers worried me a bit.

For starters what he and all politician's believe double dipping is almost scares me. Referring to his living allowances that he pays to his wife for the house they own and the use of maternity leave. The issue is this is ome that both sides of politics exploit. Just shows where the country is at.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Tue May 26, 2015 9:39 am

Leaping Lindner wrote:Not a great week for Tony's good mate and spiritual adviser. If you judge a man by the company he keeps Abbott is a **** :twisted:

Nice.
stan
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue May 26, 2015 10:00 am

stan wrote:Joe Hockey om Q&A last night. Got a roasting, did okish but some of his answers worried me a bit.

For starters what he and all politician's believe double dipping is almost scares me. Referring to his living allowances that he pays to his wife for the house they own and the use of maternity leave. The issue is this is ome that both sides of politics exploit. Just shows where the country is at.

Exactly.
Try this on for size: Couple with kids lives apart because they can get more money from Centrelink that way. Say they are no longer together, but in truth, they are. Centrelink finds out, prosecutes and politicians tell us "these are the people we are trying to catch out, bludgers in the system", we all nod our heads and say, "they deserved to be caught". Both couples are playing the system to take advantage of government resources - one is just better connected and richer than the other.

Disgraceful from Hockey for defending it. Disgraceful from any politicians that are doing it.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby stan » Tue May 26, 2015 10:51 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
stan wrote:Joe Hockey om Q&A last night. Got a roasting, did okish but some of his answers worried me a bit.

Exactly.
Try this on for size: Couple with kids lives apart because they can get more money from Centrelink that way. Say they are no longer together, but in truth, they are. Centrelink finds out, prosecutes and politicians tell us "these are the people we are trying to catch out, bludgers in the system", we all nod our heads and say, "they deserved to be caught". Both couples are playing the system to take advantage of government resources - one is just better connected and richer than the other.

Disgraceful from Hockey for defending it. Disgraceful from any politicians that are doing it.

I just couldn't believe the way he came out and said it and was like "is there a problem wih that". Almost unbelievable.

Its funny because he is probably using he system within he law. But he believes a mother who has a job which provides additional maternity leave and claims he government maternity leave, which is also within the law, are routing the system and double dipping. Which I have no issue with if your from the private sector. If you have got a good job with a good company which provides good benefits, then good luck you.

The hypocrisy is almost as good as Mark Stevens amd his Will Minson tweets.

Let me be clear, I am by no means a Labor voter. This just really runs me the wrong way.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Tue May 26, 2015 10:54 am

Sorry about the typos guys. I couldn't edit the post om my phone.
stan
Coach

Postby Psyber » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:13 pm

stan wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

Exactly.

I just couldn't believe the way he came out and said it and was like "is there a problem wih that". Almost unbelievable.

Its funny because he is probably using he system within he law. But he believes a mother who has a job which provides additional maternity leave and claims he government maternity leave, which is also within the law, are routing the system and double dipping. Which I have no issue with if your from the private sector. If you have got a good job with a good company which provides good benefits, then good luck you.

Let me be clear, I am by no means a Labor voter. This just really runs me the wrong way.

The net cost to the tax payer, and the net return to Joe Hockey's wife, would be the same if Joe rented a house from some other owner, and his wife rented her house to a stranger, but it is not a good look.

On the other hand, she gets a good tenant and he gets a good landlady!
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Psyber wrote:
stan wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

Exactly.

The net cost to the tax payer, and the net return to Joe Hockey's wife, would be the same if Joe rented a house from some other owner, and his wife rented her house to a stranger, but it is not a good look.

On the other hand, she gets a good tenant and he gets a good landlady!

Sorry Psyber but what a load of rubbish. How you could possibly justify this is just ridiculous.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Psyber » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:24 pm

I wasn't justifying it.
I was simply pointing out it makes no net financial difference.
Perhaps the federal pollies should have a maximum housing benefit ceiling for their accommodation away from home.

On the other hand I'm currently doing a contract job in Perth and the WA government has me in a FREE 3 bed 2 bath lake-front Unit in the SE suburbs, and are providing me with a Hyundai Accent at no cost for the 10 week stay.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:27 pm

Psyber wrote:I wasn't justifying it.
I was simply pointing out it makes no net financial difference.
Perhaps the federal pollies should have a maximum housing benefit ceiling for their accommodation away from home.

On the other hand I'm currently doing a contract job in Perth and the WA government has me in a FREE 3 bed 2 bath lake-front Unit in the SE suburbs, and are providing me with a Hyundai Accent at no cost for the 10 week stay.

Your company putting you up in a house is very different to renting a house owned by your wife.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:43 pm

His company is the tax payers of WA.....
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:52 pm

does his wife own the house?
bennymacca
Coach