Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:10 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:sounds like we are gunna need a long weekend for this party!

Can you bring your Sophie Ellis Bextor cd?

Or else LM will burn this goddamn house right down

Useless fact #46

That song was playing on the radio in the hospital when my daughter was born.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:26 pm

useless fact #101

the first time i heard the song was on video hits when then girlfriend dumped me the night earlier in pretty poor fashion, i was only 19.

certainly not as cool as LM's but funny how a song can make you think of a memory...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:37 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:useless fact #101

the first time i heard the song was on video hits when then girlfriend dumped me the night earlier in pretty poor fashion, i was only 19.

certainly not as cool as LM's but funny how a song can make you think of a memory...

That should be a thread!

So many stories to tell...
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:46 pm

This mornings topic of conversation in our little corner of the office.

Which Pokemon would you most associate yourself with.

and it's not even a slow day at the office :oops: :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:48 pm

Absolutely, there are so many songs that take me back to somewhere in my past, usually woman related.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:49 pm

Footy Chick wrote:This mornings topic of conversation in our little corner of the office.

I've never watched an episode.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Absolutely, there are so many songs that take me back to somewhere in my past, usually woman related.

yeah for sure...

useless fact #178

just after my eldest daughter was born and we brought her home, my wife was having a rest when i thought i'd play some quiet music while i was getting my first one on one time at home with her... i am jack johnson fan so i thought some mellow music would help, i pressed random on a youtube playlist with all his songs are on. The song below came up and i swear i have never heard this song prior and for obvious reasons it became our song.
bit soppy but a pretty random and special thing which i will never forget.

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:00 pm

Footy Chick wrote:This mornings topic of conversation in our little corner of the office.

Blastoise!!!!!

Used to be my SAFooty avatar! May change it back.

I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:06 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

yeah for sure...

useless fact #178

just after my eldest daughter was born and we brought her home, my wife was having a rest when i thought i'd play some quiet music while i was getting my first one on one time at home with her... i am jack johnson fan so i thought some mellow music would help, i pressed random on a youtube playlist with all his songs are on. The song below came up and i swear i have never heard this song prior and for obvious reasons it became our song.
bit soppy but a pretty random and special thing which i will never forget.

That's awesome.

My eyes water big time whenever I hear or think about "true blue", we played it my dad's funeral, it's him all over.

It came on the TV a while back and my daughter and I looked at each other and just both broke down simultaneously, it's something that I'll never get used to.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:08 pm

Neale Daniher - legend.
Laugh, cry, hope.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby valleys07 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:49 pm

My lad has just begun walking.

My wife sent me a clip on FB this morning of him walking, before turning around with the world's biggest grin of achievement, before letting out a victory "aargh" and continuing on his way.

So cute, but I can't stop watching the clip for the "aargh", classic!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby tipper » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:38 pm

upcoming 4 day weekend :)

although tomorrow isnt exactly a day off. im looking after my boy (turns 3 in October) and my nephew (turns 3 in November), and the little bastards tend to gang up on me. the little pricks synchronise bowel movements, last time i changed three shitty nappies in an hour..... and they laughed about it....

i reckon pub lunch this week, get them a serve of chips and a drink each*, i reckon they will love it :)

*only light beer of course, i wouldnt want to be an irresponsible parent ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:42 pm

tipper wrote:upcoming 4 day weekend :)

although tomorrow isnt exactly a day off. im looking after my boy (turns 3 in October) and my nephew (turns 3 in November), and the little bastards tend to gang up on me. the little pricks synchronise bowel movements, last time i changed three shitty nappies in an hour..... and they laughed about it....

i reckon pub lunch this week, get them a serve of chips and a drink each*, i reckon they will love it :)

*only light beer of course, i wouldnt want to be an irresponsible parent ;)

Haha nice one.

On a slightly related note - on the train into the Crows Freo game on the weekend I saw a lady who had one of those baby carrier front backpack things with a 3 month old baby in it, with a crows guernsey on.

Made me excited for my little dude coming in october. Cant wait to take him to the footy.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby valleys07 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:54 pm

bennymacca wrote:On a slightly related note - on the train into the Crows Freo game on the weekend I saw a lady who had one of those baby carrier front backpack things with a 3 month old baby in it, with a crows guernsey on.

Made me excited for my little dude coming in october. Cant wait to take him to the footy.

Not to criticise people who do bring their young babies to footy games, but its not something I could do with my lad. Each to their own which is perfectly fine.

I am much like yourself though, Benny- can't wait to take him to games when he is old enough.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:10 pm

3 months is way too young.

reckon maybe 5ish would be a good time. maybe some local games earlier than that.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:21 pm

bennymacca wrote:3 months is way too young.

reckon maybe 5ish would be a good time. maybe some local games earlier than that.

Carey's thoughts on young children at Footy games would be good here.......even better when high on endone ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:25 pm

heater31 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:3 months is way too young.

Carey's thoughts on young children at Footy games would be good here.......even better when high on endone ;)

one thing I dont think i would do (cant know for sure) is tell people around me to stop yelling and swearing etc. Mainly because I do the same. Unless they are being particularly aggressive, i think its part of the game.

I can still remember when i was maybe 8 or 9 years old getting told off for swearing around the house, and then Dad coming up to me after and just quietly telling me that that is footy club language, not in front of mum language haha.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:29 pm

3 months is fine. Only thing that would have stopped me would be the weather. Other than pissing rain, what possible harm could come to a baby at the footy?

The noise is no problem, nothing worse than a kid that starts crying anytime something gets dropped. Language is no problem, they are too young then to understand it anyway. Its no smoking there also so rules out second hand smoke. Wheres the problem?

I probably should mention the above is coming from the bloke that took his son for lunch at the pub with his mates when the boy was 5 days old....
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:32 pm

tipper wrote:3 months is fine. Only thing that would have stopped me would be the weather. Other than pissing rain, what possible harm could come to a baby at the footy?

The noise is no problem, nothing worse than a kid that starts crying anytime something gets dropped. Language is no problem, they are too young then to understand it anyway. Its no smoking there also so rules out second hand smoke. Wheres the problem?

I probably should mention the above is coming from the bloke that took his son for lunch at the pub with his mates when the boy was 5 days old....

Not a problem at all, more that it would be a pain in the arse haha.

I agree, especially if you have a good undercover seat in the grandstand. The hill might be a different story
bennymacca
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:37 pm

bennymacca wrote:
tipper wrote:3 months is fine. Only thing that would have stopped me would be the weather. Other than pissing rain, what possible harm could come to a baby at the footy?

Not a problem at all, more that it would be a pain in the arse haha.

I agree, especially if you have a good undercover seat in the grandstand. The hill might be a different story

Gotcha, yes it is a pain, but thats what my wife is for [emoji6] our first had a north jumper signed by barrie before she was even born. She was shattered when she realised she grew out of it
tipper
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion