R8 - Centrals v Adelaide Reserves @ Elizabeth

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R8 - Centrals v Adelaide Reserves @ Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:When Adelaide entered the AFL, football supporters all over the state dropped their previous club. Or chose to stay with their club. They didn't support both.

Depends on your definition of support though and that was 25 years ago. So the SANFL of 1994 differs to that of 2004 and certainly differs from that of 2015. 1994 numbers probably suggest many, many people did in fact support both.

Fair to suggest many people who lived through the wonderful era of the 70's and 80's are no longer with us. Gives them a pretty good excuse as to why they aren't showing up any more.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10779 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:43 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:TBH, I can't think of too many other competitions in the world where Benny Mac would be faced with such a dilemma.

Tell me about it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

R8 - Centrals v Adelaide Reserves @ Elizabeth

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:53 pm

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:TBH, I can't think of too many other competitions in the world where Benny Mac would be faced with such a dilemma.

Tell me about it.

Port moving into the afl is probably a similar example. There would have been plenty of magpies/crows supporters that would have been a little conflicted.

The crows entering into the afl is slightly different imo as there would have been more supporters with only a passing interest in the vfl that would have been happy to switch allegiances.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:56 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:I love the Crows in the AFL, despise them in the SANFL. Could never, ever go against the Panthers.

Well this is my feeling.

But in the past few years I haven't followed centrals as closely as in the past.

So it was weird when I went there that I wanted centrals to win, but because I follow the crows more closely I knew many more of the crows players and so had an affinity with them.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:58 pm

UK Fan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:When Adelaide entered the AFL, football supporters all over the state dropped their previous club. Or chose to stay with their club. They didn't support both.

Yep, but my whole point is there are quite a few of us that dont really want to drop their previous club. Especially for a reserves team. Hence the conflict. My preference all along was a full AFL reserves comp. In lieu of that I didnt think having the AFL teams in the SANFL would be as bad as people on here were making it out to be, and I was wrong about that aspect.

UK Fan wrote:Centrals in SANFL.

Crows in AFL.

You are attending an SANFL game. Why wear crows gear.

Let me guess Benny you hope there are other crows goobers around so you can say "hey are you a crows supporter ?? cos IM a crows supporter to".

PATHETIC!!!!

Would you wear Centrals gear to a crows game ???

Honestly you have no right to call anyone pathetic for who they support. Get stuffed. Attitudes like that will ruin the SANFL as much as the introduction of AFL teams.

And I never said I wore crows gear to the centrals game. I in fact didn't wear either in the one game that I have attended, as it felt weird to me. Hence my assertion that there might be others in the same boat.

Get off your high horse for a minute

WHo called anyone pathetic for who they support ????

If you dont understand the point of something which you very rarely do.

Do everyone on the website a favour and STFU would be my advise.

YOu get a clue and we will all get off our high horses. (this coming from a C*&^s fan trying to tell SANFL Supporters how to support better in our league. Unbelievable)

Take a break and let the adults talk for a while.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:59 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote: I've always thought it was a bit rich for SANFL supporters to take the high moral ground about AFL reserves sides in the SANFL while more than happy for their AFL reserves side to f*** up another state comp with their reserves team.

Which is why I've always advocated for a 'southern conference' reserves comp. If they can fly teams all over Qld and NSW, it can't be a problem getting SA/Vic teams across the border.

By the way, I support Williamstown in the VFL. Having seen what happened there...it provided plenty of evidence as to why I wouldn't want a reserves side in the SANFL.

Yep. Poor old Willy go totally f***ed over last year in the prelim
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby UK Fan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:01 pm

bennymacca wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Yep, but my whole point is there are quite a few of us that dont really want to drop their previous club. Especially for a reserves team. Hence the conflict. My preference all along was a full AFL reserves comp. In lieu of that I didnt think having the AFL teams in the SANFL would be as bad as people on here were making it out to be, and I was wrong about that aspect.

UK Fan wrote:Centrals in SANFL.

Crows in AFL.

You are attending an SANFL game. Why wear crows gear.

Let me guess Benny you hope there are other crows goobers around so you can say "hey are you a crows supporter ?? cos IM a crows supporter to".

PATHETIC!!!!

Would you wear Centrals gear to a crows game ???

Honestly you have no right to call anyone pathetic for who they support. Get stuffed. Attitudes like that will ruin the SANFL as much as the introduction of AFL teams.

And I never said I wore crows gear to the centrals game. I in fact didn't wear either in the one game that I have attended, as it felt weird to me. Hence my assertion that there might be others in the same boat.

Get off your high horse for a minute

WHo called anyone pathetic for who they support ????

If you dont understand the point of something which you very rarely do.

Do everyone on the website a favour and STFU would be my advise.

YOu get a clue and we will all get off our high horses. (this coming from a C*&^s fan trying to tell SANFL Supporters how to support better in our league. Unbelievable)

Its lunchtime and you must be getting cranky. how about you go and get some lunch.

Get back to us in 3-4 hours when you are done FC.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:07 pm

FC?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:09 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:

Tell me about it.

Port moving into the afl is probably a similar example. There would have been plenty of magpies/crows supporters that would have been a little conflicted.

The crows entering into the afl is slightly different imo as there would have been more supporters with only a passing interest in the vfl that would have been happy to switch allegiances.

More so the current plight of the Magpies is what I was alluding to.

On the other side of the coin, Port Adelaide are in my blood so "dropping" Hawthorn who were really at a lower level of interest for me was easy.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:10 pm

Booney wrote:FC?

Footy Chick. :-)
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:11 pm

UK Fan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Its lunchtime and you must be getting cranky. how about you go and get some lunch.

Get back to us in 3-4 hours when you are done FC.

Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:17 pm

Unlike a 9 hour lunch break when you are on he dole? :)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby RB » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:26 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:I've always thought it was a bit rich for SANFL supporters to take the high moral ground about AFL reserves sides in the SANFL while more than happy for their AFL reserves side to f*** up another state comp with their reserves team.

Bulls&%$. No-one is happy with their AFL teams' reserves sides screwing over any league. I don't know why anyone would draw that conclusion.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 766 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:36 pm

RB wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:I've always thought it was a bit rich for SANFL supporters to take the high moral ground about AFL reserves sides in the SANFL while more than happy for their AFL reserves side to f*** up another state comp with their reserves team.

Bulls&%$. No-one is happy with their AFL teams' reserves sides screwing over any league. I don't know why anyone would draw that conclusion.

Really? Haven't spoken to many Power supporters recently then.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:38 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:
RB wrote:

Go on, tell me how all Port Adelaide fans see the changes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby cennals05 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:44 pm

I don't really care what anyone wears to the football. Nobody seems to make a fuss when someone wears a Hawthorn or Essendon colours to an SANFL game. It seems to only be a problem if it's the Crows or Power. Maybe those last week that had both colours on were going to the Crows game afterwards. It's not a big deal. As much as I would love the Crows to have no supporters the reality is that people are going to support an SANFL club and an AFL club. Given the crowds we are getting at SANFL I don't think alienating these supporters is helpful.

And I would definitely wear Centrals gear to a Crows game if I was forced to go to one.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:46 pm

cennals05 wrote:I don't really care what anyone wears to the football. Nobody seems to make a fuss when someone wears a Hawthorn or Essendon colours to an SANFL game. It seems to only be a problem if it's the Crows or Power. Maybe those last week that had both colours on were going to the Crows game afterwards. It's not a big deal. As much as I would love the Crows to have no supporters the reality is that people are going to support an SANFL club and an AFL club. Given the crowds we are getting at SANFL I don't think alienating these supporters is helpful.

And I would definitely wear Centrals gear to a Crows game if I was forced to go to one.

exactly. good post.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:51 pm

Booney wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:
RB wrote:

Go on, tell me how all Port Adelaide fans see the changes.

Where have I said "all"?
What about "Haven't spoken to MANY Power supporters recently" is hard for you to comprehend?
:roll:
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:05 pm

Possibly english football, where you supported a smaller local team, and also the bigger premier league team, but then your smaller team makes it to the premier league ala Bournemouth.

But in that circumstance you probably always subconsciously rank them because there is always that possibility.
That is also both team's A grade playing against each other though, not a reserves vs an A grade, so its not quite the same still.

RB wrote:

Plenty of people around telling the crows to "piss off to the ammos" - basically a NIMBY response.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:25 pm

bennymacca wrote:

Possibly english football, where you supported a smaller local team, and also the bigger premier league team, but then your smaller team makes it to the premier league ala Bournemouth.

But in that circumstance you probably always subconsciously rank them because there is always that possibility.
That is also both team's A grade playing against each other though, not a reserves vs an A grade, so its not quite the same still.

RB wrote:

Plenty of people around telling the crows to "piss off to the ammos" - basically a NIMBY response.

Not many 'true' 'loyal' fans over there have a big and small team, this is why a div2 side can still get 10-20k at a game depending on the club and city
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL