Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby hairy cat » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:46 am

Snags wrote:F) Montgomery, T.leighton, Campbell.

HF) Clements, hardiman, pym.

C) Algar(u/21), seccafien(C), Robertson.

HB) birchmore(u/21), Higgs, hardie.

FB) wise(u/21), pont, Montgomery.

FOL) slattery, Osborn, j.montgomerie.

INT) T.Michael(u/21), Russell, farrelly, Appleby(u/21), Rowe.

Looks like mosquito fleet A J would be happy with that
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:36 pm

magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Lame Choice » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:35 pm

Not a great result for the APFL this time, but I guess they had one less team to pick from this year.
Thought Osborn played well considering his first APFL rep games. More than I can say for some of the other 'gun' recruits over the years.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby test » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:07 am

Pathetic. League need to increase fines and suspensions for those that don't play, these games mean everything to the competitions, more important then any club game could ever be.
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby Ace of Spades » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:24 am

test wrote:Pathetic. League need to increase fines and suspensions for those that don't play, these games mean everything to the competitions, more important then any club game could ever be.

Pffft, I hope your tongue was firmly in your cheek, these mickey mouse games mean nothing and for the majority are not any where near as important as a club game
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:01 am

Question time:
Who won the 2003 APFL grand final? Who was it against? What ground was it played at?
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Woofa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:05 am

Mythical Creature wrote:Question time:
Who won the 2003 APFL grand final? Who was it against? What ground was it played at?

Was it Eagles beat Hamley @ Long Plains.
Woofa
Rookie

Been liked: 9 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:16 am

Woofa wrote:

Very good woofa. Except i think it was at mallala but ace should know.

Now next question:

Who won the 2003 APFL association match? Who was it against? What ground was it played at?
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:43 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
Woofa wrote:

Very good woofa. Except i think it was at mallala but ace should know.

Now next question:

Who won the 2003 APFL association match? Who was it against? What ground was it played at?

Game was @ Mallala!
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Snags » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:48 am

test wrote:Pathetic. League need to increase fines and suspensions for those that don't play, these games mean everything to the competitions, more important then any club game could ever be.

Were you there to see the way the boys went about it or are you just looking at results?
APFL should have won the first game, after having 70% of the footy skills just let them down and NEFL capitalised on apfl mistakes. The group of blokes that played couldn't have been any better because they are the ones that actually wanted to play.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:41 am

Snags wrote:

Were you there to see the way the boys went about it or are you just looking at results?
APFL should have won the first game, after having 70% of the footy skills just let them down and NEFL capitalised on apfl mistakes. The group of blokes that played couldn't have been any better because they are the ones that actually wanted to play.

Then there were the number of injuries which was always going to make things a bit more difficult. Forward options were limited. Not a bad effort to get so close to eventual champs but disappointing to finish last again.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby magpieeagle » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:45 am

Snags wrote:

We also had a long list of injuries which were genuine injuries, but then again apparently a certain president didn't have faith in his trainers ability to asses injuries!!
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Lame Choice » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:56 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
Snags wrote:

We also had a long list of injuries which were genuine injuries, but then again apparently a certain president didn't have faith in his trainers ability to asses injuries!!

Asses injuries, Trainers and 'a certain President' - all in one sentence. Impressive.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:49 am

Its easy to knock association footy, particularly when you loose. I must admit walking off at the end of an inter-league match after playing 45 mins of footy doesn't feel quite right, but when you walk away with a Landmark Cup its a memorable moment and everyone loves it.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Snags » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:49 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:Its easy to knock association footy, particularly when you loose. I must admit walking off at the end of an inter-league match after playing 45 mins of footy doesn't feel quite right, but when you walk away with a Landmark Cup its a memorable moment and everyone loves it.

I think they definitely need to have a good look into making them full games again.
Snags
Under 16s

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:23 pm

Snags wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Its easy to knock association footy, particularly when you loose. I must admit walking off at the end of an inter-league match after playing 45 mins of footy doesn't feel quite right, but when you walk away with a Landmark Cup its a memorable moment and everyone loves it.

I think they definitely need to have a good look into making them full games again.

I'm not sure when the carnival format began, but the 2005 FULL association match between APFL and YPFL at Ardrossan was an awesome match. Plenty of goals, free flowing footy, the match see-sawed all day, but most importantly the Plains got up by a couple of points. Ace carved up B Vince on a wing from memory........although it was 10 years ago so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Here's an idea. Lets re-instate club matches over the zone weekend (it typically only effect 4-5 players from the APFL) and have two association byes per year - possibly 3-4 weeks apart. The battle for the Landmark Cup continues to involve the APFL, YPFL, NAFL and NEFL. We play FULL games. On the first bye (June long weekend), YPFL vs APFL at Balaklava, and NAFL vs NEFL at Main Oval in Clare (A Grade, U17s and U15s all play). Winners of each grade play off in the Grand Final, on the 2nd association bye weekend. The loosers play off for 3rd and 4th on the same day. Get a BIG Shield that can hold a bit of history, like the Mortlock Shield, and make it a real spectacle. Thoughts?
Last edited by Swamp Donkey on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby OnSong » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:27 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Snags wrote:

I'm not sure when the carnival format began, but the 2005 FULL association match between APFL and YPFL at Ardrossan was an awesome match. Plenty of goals, free flowing footy, the match see-sawed all day, but most importantly the Plains got up by a couple of points. Ace carved up B Vince on a wing from memory........although it was 10 years ago so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Regardless if it's accurate or not, I'd be claiming that and paraphrasing this post for rest of my life
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Ace of Spades » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:34 pm

OnSong wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
Snags wrote:

Regardless if it's accurate or not, I'd be claiming that and paraphrasing this post for rest of my life

Ha, yep, my claim to fame...... getting bernie drafted :lol:
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Lame Choice » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:45 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Snags wrote:

Here's an idea. Lets re-instate club matches over the zone weekend (it typically only effect 4-5 players from the APFL) and have two association byes per year - possibly 3-4 weeks apart. The battle for the Landmark Cup continues to involve the APFL, YPFL, NAFL and NEFL. We play FULL games. On the first bye (June long weekend), YPFL vs APFL at Balaklava, and NAFL vs NEFL at Main Oval in Clare (A Grade, U17s and U15s all play). Winners of each grade play off in the Grand Final, on the 2nd association bye weekend. The loosers play off for 3rd and 4th on the same day. Get a BIG Shield that can hold a bit of history, like the Mortlock Shield, and make it a real spectacle. Thoughts?

My thoughts are that you should get your arse onto the board (easy bit) and start making some changes (hard bit).
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby Snags » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:41 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Snags wrote:

Love it. Can't see why this wouldn't work!
Snags
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy